CRM Professional Edition 1.2

I received this product with my MAPS.  Can I install it on a Windows SBS 2003
system?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

yes - be sure to read/follow the implementation guide (on the documentation
CD) - there's a complete chapter on installing into SBS2003 - Also - there
is an update of that chapter on the Microsoft support download site. -

"jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I received this product with my MAPS.  Can I install it on a Windows SBS
>2003
> system?

0
Scott
3/11/2005 12:17:38 AM
Yes, I found out how.  There is an update to BCM that is required if one uses
an exchange mailbox.

jc

"Scott Sewell" wrote:

> yes - be sure to read/follow the implementation guide (on the documentation
> CD) - there's a complete chapter on installing into SBS2003 - Also - there
> is an update of that chapter on the Microsoft support download site. -
>
> "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I received this product with my MAPS.  Can I install it on a Windows SBS
> >2003
> > system?

Make sure you have a valid backup, this scenario really screwed up my SBS
box.

--
Bob Anderson,
Anderson Computer Services

> Yes, I found out how.  There is an update to BCM that is required if one
> uses
> an exchange mailbox.
>
> jc
>
> "Scott Sewell" wrote:
>
>> yes - be sure to read/follow the implementation guide (on the
>> documentation
>> CD) - there's a complete chapter on installing into SBS2003 - Also -
>> there
>> is an update of that chapter on the Microsoft support download site. -
>>
>> "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I received this product with my MAPS.  Can I install it on a Windows SBS
>> >2003
>> > system?

0
Bob
3/11/2005 1:34:09 AM
Thanks for the suggestion.

What were the indications that your SBS (2003?) was messed up?

jc

"Bob Anderson" wrote:

> Make sure you have a valid backup, this scenario really screwed up my SBS
> box.
>
> --
> Bob Anderson,
> Anderson Computer Services
> Ontario, Canada
>

> "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, I found out how.  There is an update to BCM that is required if one
> > uses
> > an exchange mailbox.
> >
> > jc
> >
> > "Scott Sewell" wrote:
> >
> >> yes - be sure to read/follow the implementation guide (on the
> >> documentation
> >> CD) - there's a complete chapter on installing into SBS2003 - Also -
> >> there
> >> is an update of that chapter on the Microsoft support download site. -
> >>
> >> "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Backup was screwed up, this is because of the SQL databse. There was a patch
for that but didn't work. The shaow copy service stopped working, hence no
Exchange backup. System filled up with errors about dual credentials also.
Today I am blowing away my SBS and going to a clean install to try and get
back Sharepoint and IIS and AntiVirus and SUS and companyweb etc

--

> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> What were the indications that your SBS (2003?) was messed up?
>
> jc
>
> "Bob Anderson" wrote:
>
>> Make sure you have a valid backup, this scenario really screwed up my SBS
>> box.
>>
>> --
>> Bob Anderson,
>> Anderson Computer Services
>> Ontario, Canada
>>

>> "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes, I found out how.  There is an update to BCM that is required if
>> > one
>> > uses
>> > an exchange mailbox.
>> >
>> > jc

0
Bob
3/11/2005 3:17:36 PM
BCM & MS CRM are 2 different products.  Which one are we talking about here?

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Scott Sewell" wrote:

> yes - be sure to read/follow the implementation guide (on the documentation
> CD) - there's a complete chapter on installing into SBS2003 - Also - there
> is an update of that chapter on the Microsoft support download site. -
>
> "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I received this product with my MAPS.  Can I install it on a Windows SBS
> >2003
> > system?

0
Matt
3/11/2005 5:42:05 PM
Sorry for the confusion.  My bad.  My original question was about CRM,
because BCM wouldn't work if Outlook was connected to an Exchange mailbox.
Midway, I found an update to BCM that solved the problem.

CRM is a whole different animal, obviously, and seems to require a very
careful installation plan.

jc

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> BCM & MS CRM are 2 different products.  Which one are we talking about here?
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:31:05 -0800, "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, I found out how.  There is an update to BCM that is required if one uses
> an exchange mailbox.
>
> jc
>
> "Scott Sewell" wrote:
>
> > yes - be sure to read/follow the implementation guide (on the documentation
> > CD) - there's a complete chapter on installing into SBS2003 - Also - there
> > is an update of that chapter on the Microsoft support download site. -
> >
> > "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I received this product with my MAPS.  Can I install it on a Windows SBS
> > >2003
> > > system?

Upgragding to 1.2 to 1.3
Receiving the media on Monday. Any issues that I should be aware of? Pralell dongle. Best, M Manny, Why not wait til 1.3R due within the next couple of weeks? Otherwise, backup your database and any customized reports and/or receipts. If you get a license violation after the install, just unplug and re-plug in your dongle. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open wi...

links #2
Who knows a way to un-link those links in a sheet? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements You can convert them to values. If you have xl2002 (or higher???), you can edit|links|Break link. In earlier versions, you can copy|paste special values. And to help find those pesky links: Bill Manville's findlink.zip from: http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm won...

Upgrade from Standard to Professional
Hello, Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade from MS CRM 1.2 Standard to MS CRM 1.2 Professional ??? To my understanding it's just a license key that enables/disables functionality, or am i wrong ?? Thanks, -- Edward You are correct. All it takes it to install the new license keys and assign them to the appropriate users. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:38:20 +0200, Edward van Nijmweegen <e_van_nijmweegen@hotmail.com> wrote: Hello, Does anyone know if it'...

Pocket PC Money 2004 Foreign currency sync #2
Anyone have a clue how to do it? It's a pain living in japan and not being able to update the account I use most on my PPC. Especially since a lot of places in japan don't give receipts, or if they do, they are likley to be in japanese. I don't read japanese and trying to sort things out at the end of the day is a pain, it's be much easier to just enter ther debit when I incur it. --Serp The client only supports the home currency. A serious limitation. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Serpent77" <Serpent77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67...

CRM Field Names

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

OWA Issue #2
I have some internal and external client that can connect to the owa side but get errors on the page which stops them from accessing mail and vieng anything but the subject line. All the clients are running eplorer 6 with all the service packs. The look identical in every way Sounds like there may be some issues with either the Security or Privacy options in Internet Options. I'd check the configuration of a working workstation then compare it against a workstation that isn't working. Also what what particular error message are they getting on that page? >-----Original Messag...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

borders #2
In a spreadsheet, we have placed "broken-line" borders in red to make them stand out. What I want to do is to make those broken-line borders crawl while the viewer is looking at the spreadsheet on the monitor. How can I make that happen? I think they are called "running ants" or "crawling ants." Mary Lu I think you mean "marching ants" which you see around a copied but not yet pasted area. Also called a "marquee" which is the proper name for it. You cannot replicate this with borders unless you used VBA code which would render your sh...

Reset CRM

duplicate emails being sent #2
Hello all Runnign exchange sp2 on windows 2003 sp1. I ahve a user who complained that she got an a duplicate email from another user. Both users are on the same exchange server. When i look a message tracking and specify the user who sent the duplicate email, i can see that there are two emails wit hthe same subject and are going to the user who got the duplicate. When i look at the user sent items who sent the duplicate, i only see one email being sent to the user. So Message tracking is saying that there were two emails, but in the users sent items i only see 1. What can i do to try...

Shading and borders with CRichEditCtrl (RTF 1.x)
I'm using a RichEditCtrl (RTF 1.0) in a C++ application (VC6). I can generate the appropriate RTF 'tags' for italic, bold, font-size, color, superscript, etc., but I'm baffled how to generate 'tags' for shading and borders. I tried using Word-2003 to accomplish this formatting, save as RTF, and open with WordPad, but the resulting file is quite large and I'm confused trying to figure out what it is doing. Using the rtf codes below, I want Line 6 to have a border, and Line 7 to be shaded. My expectation is that this file would load into WordPad-XP with this formatt...

Linear Trendline #2
Excel has created a linear trendline with its equations from the following points: X Y 1 4 3 12 6 15 the equations are: y = 2.1053x + 3.3158 R2 = 0.8681 I wonder if you can tell me how excel create this linear trendline from the points shown. Thanks in advance. Maperalia Maperalia - Excel uses "ordinary least squares," i.e., matrix operations that yield coefficients that minimize the sum of squared deviations. For the simple linear case, the results are equivalent to the formulas in Excel's Help for the INTERCEPT and SLOPE worksheet functions. See Excel's Help fo...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

2 further: capture Event from MS Web browser (shdocvw.dll) 2
Hi all, Thanks for your guidence... >Another way, as shown by Paul Dilaschia might work for you. He >discussed it few years ago in MSDN: >http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/09/c/default.aspx >He simply subclasses the IE window and traps some messages. I suspect >it will do what you are looking for. I have looked that example it was something i was looking for... But ..... My primary concern is to display MS Office documents and PDF document. I have tried to load such documents And they were loaded but was getting crashed In d'tor.... ? Another thing that als...

Shipping document #2
Hi, I am using GP 10 with the Country/Region Selection as United States. Since I have a peculiar requirement for shipping documents. I came to know regarding German Shipping documents which will suit my requirement exactly, but it requires Germany as Country/Region Selection. Is there anyway to use this Germany shipping documents eventhough my installation is United States? Anyone has that chunk file which will work in United States installation? Thanks in advance. Madan ...

Can not edit excel webpage
I have several on our intranet excel files that I have saved as web pages. Some of our users are able to edit these pages but when they go to file, they don't always have the "Edit with Microsoft Excel" option. Some times if you go in & back out of the worksheet (html) file, you will get that option. What do I need to do to have that option show up every time? TIA ...

CRM registration can not be done!

Migrating CRM to CRM

Excel 2003 Professional Edition - Exporting XML Data
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C4D204.7A9B0B60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have optional elements in my schema. Presently, if the cells mapped = to the attributes of the optional elements are left blank, the elements = are written with "0" as the attribute (see example below). However, I = want the optional elements ("Element1" and "Element2" in the example = below) to be omitted from the exported XML file. For example I get ... <Properti...

OWA strange problem #2
I have a general mailbox that users access using outlook 2003 (internal) and OWA (Exchange 2003) external. If the message in the inbox, the external user can open it and save the attachments with no problem. If the message is moved to a sub folder withen the inbox, then the user can't access some of the emails and some of the attachments as well. When double click on the message, we get "page can't be found. HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Internet Information Services (IIS)" Yet, from outlook 2003, we can access this email fine and save the attachments w...