CRM problem #2 #2

I am testing the basic CRM configuration for a client.

I have installed the VPC version on a Windows XP machine and also the
90 day version. on a  Small Business Server.

VPC version is here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8edfc7b-01d8-4500-845b-01370d4eed21&DisplayLang=en
and
90 day if Client and Server here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7D418781-69AD-422D-92FA-87FDB2538E2C&displaylang=en

On the VPV version, I noticed that Outlook 2003 was there. When I
tried to install the client (desktop)  version on the Small Business
Server 2003 machine, I get an error message of failure - "you can't
install Outlook on a machine where Exchange Server is installed".

It should be noted the Outlook 2003  has been installed on an one of
my clients's Small Business Server.

Why can't a SBS install The client version of Outlook?

thanks
0
dshermin (30)
4/3/2006 5:13:10 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Outlook shouldnt be installed on a server since its not intended for use as
a user machine.

The VPC image comes pre-loaded with Outlook installed as it makes it a great
deal easier to demonstrate the system (otherwise you need 2 images etc) &
there is a sequence of steps to take to make this install work but its
absolutely not intended for real use this way

hth

Roger

"David Sherman" <dshermin@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>I am testing the basic CRM configuration for a client.
>
> I have installed the VPC version on a Windows XP machine and also the
> 90 day version. on a  Small Business Server.
>
> VPC version is here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8edfc7b-01d8-4500-845b-01370d4eed21&DisplayLang=en
> and
> 90 day if Client and Server here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7D418781-69AD-422D-92FA-87FDB2538E2C&displaylang=en
>

> On the VPV version, I noticed that Outlook 2003 was there. When I
> tried to install the client (desktop)  version on the Small Business
> Server 2003 machine, I get an error message of failure - "you can't
> install Outlook on a machine where Exchange Server is installed".
>
> It should be noted the Outlook 2003  has been installed on an one of
> my clients's Small Business Server.
>
> Why can't a SBS install The client version of Outlook?
>
> thanks

0
Roger
4/3/2006 7:14:02 PM
I understand.  I guess my client will have to make the final decision.

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 20:14:02 +0100, "Roger" <roger@newsgroup.nospam>
wrote:

>Outlook shouldnt be installed on a server since its not intended for use as
>a user machine.
>
>The VPC image comes pre-loaded with Outlook installed as it makes it a great
>deal easier to demonstrate the system (otherwise you need 2 images etc) &
>there is a sequence of steps to take to make this install work but its
>absolutely not intended for real use this way
>
>hth
>
>Roger
>
>"David Sherman" <dshermin@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>>I am testing the basic CRM configuration for a client.
>>
>> I have installed the VPC version on a Windows XP machine and also the
>> 90 day version. on a  Small Business Server.
>>
>> VPC version is here:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8edfc7b-01d8-4500-845b-01370d4eed21&DisplayLang=en
>> and
>> 90 day if Client and Server here:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7D418781-69AD-422D-92FA-87FDB2538E2C&displaylang=en
>>

>> On the VPV version, I noticed that Outlook 2003 was there. When I
>> tried to install the client (desktop)  version on the Small Business
>> Server 2003 machine, I get an error message of failure - "you can't
>> install Outlook on a machine where Exchange Server is installed".
>>
>> It should be noted the Outlook 2003  has been installed on an one of
>> my clients's Small Business Server.
>>
>> Why can't a SBS install The client version of Outlook?
>>
>> thanks

0
David

excel start up #2
i have a working rota spreadsheet with dates in the columns and rota info below, how do i get it to show todays date info at start up With this file open and visible in the main Excel window, right-click on the little Excel file icon to the left of the File menu (assumes you are using xl2003) and choose View Code. Paste the following into the code area of the VBE that will open up: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim lngRow As Long With Sheets("Sheet1") ' amend sheet name as appropriate lngRow = Application.Match(CLng(Date), .Range("A:A")) 'amend column as ap...

How do I print 2 page spreads from Booklet format in Publisher?
I have booklet layout with 8" x 8" pages printing on 11" x 17" paper. I don't know how to get it where I can view individual 2 page drafts. When I print currently, page 1 is with 44, page 2 is with 43, etc. I want to be able to print to view in draft form page 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, etc. This is for draft markup purposes only. I know I will print 2 sided in booklet form as stated previously when we are ready to mass produce. Bottom line is that we'd like to be able to print and view our book in "story board mode" (I just coined that) so we can see whe...

Money 2005 question #2
Hi, I have used MS Money 2005 for over a year with no problems. I don't use it for any of the more advanced features. I keep track of my credit cards, my checking account is about all that I do, I am on disability with a fixed income. But today I opened it and import a downloaded file, then I tried to write in the check register like I have always done, Money makes a beep (which it has never done before) and then stalls out. After a couple of minutes the blue bar at the top says "Not Responding". It does allow me to click on the red X, and then of course I get the window about ...

Using Exmerge #2
Hi there, I'm using Exmerge for the first time on an Exchange 2003 box. I was reading through the KB article 174197 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174197/ and it says "Before you run this program, make sure that the Microsoft Outlook Client and the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program are installed on the computer that Exmerge.exe is being run on." then in the next paragraph it notes, "We recommend that you do not install Outlook on the Exchange server." So, before I go installing anything can someone please point me in the correct direction? Can I run exmerg...

2 y axis, bar and line graph question
I am plotting 2 series of data against time. One series needs to be a line and the other a bar. I got it pretty close with the 'custom types' (built in)-- 'line - column on 2 axis'. However, this will only let me have the primary y-axis as the bar graph. Is it possible to customize this further so that the primary y-axis is the line and the secondary y-axis is the bar graph? Thanks, please help. Kyle ...

Outlook unable to connect to the incoming server POP3(exchange2k3) #2
I am trying to connect outlook at my work to my exchange server at home. OWA works great and also sending emails through outlook works, but I can not retrieve emails from exchange using the outlook client. Here are some of the variables: Exchange Server at home: Firewall Sonicwall: Pop3 on port 110 opened Exchange was setup with default settings...in other words there have been no special configurations At work: I added a new email account Server Type: POP3 (I tried the exchange option through the control panel, but that did not work) My Incoming mail server: mail.myserver.com My outgoing ...

why is outlook trying to open an executable file in locate link brower? #2
"Kyle Harmon" <kharmon3@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message news:... > In my MS Outlook 2002, every time I click on an url with-in my e-mail > outlook trys to open an executable file in the "Locate link brower". And > this only happens when I do not have a browers open. Is there a fix for > this? > > Thank You, > > Kyle Harmon > > > Navigate to your default browser's executible (iexplore.exe for Internet Explorer) and double click on it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion in...

URL into a view in CRM 3.0
I'd like to be able to set up a link from our intranet to the Account manager screen, passing in a view paramenter. Is there any way to do this? Any documentation anywhere? Being able to pass in query parameters to the Advanced Find screen would work for me to. Thanks. ------=_NextPart_0001_BF73CA4F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <AW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to be able to set up a link from our intranet to the Account manager > screen, passing in a view paramenter. Is there any way to do this? Any > documentatio...

Upgrading 1.2 to 3.0
We Planning to upgrade CRM 1.2 to 3.0 for our clients. We are trying to create a developer environment and perform the update. My question is if we go this route how can we install 1.2 on this dev servers (Key is unique as per domain). Can we have DEV or temp key for that particular domain? If YES... HOW? On the other hand if we install a fresh copy of 3.0 what is the process of data integration from old to new DB and what kinid of information we may loose throught this route. Thanks. As long as you have a different parent OU and a seperate CRM & SQL server, you can install a s...

Income and Expenses #2
Hi guys, I just added Income and Expenses to my home page and I was wondering if there is a way to change the date range. It seems like it does 30 days. There weren't any right click options In microsoft.public.money, Zen wrote: >Hi guys, I just added Income and Expenses to my home page and I was >wondering if there is a way to change the date range. It seems like it does >30 days. > >There weren't any right click options > There is no such customization available. What you can do is to customize a regular report, and add that as a Favorite for easy access...

chkdsk
Server 2003 with a 4 drive RAID (500 Gb each drive). One of the drives went south (Western Digital Caviar Black) and when the system came back up a folder was reported as corrupted and inaccessable so I set CHKDSK to run and restarted the machine. 8 hours later it has found one error in an index but still no signs of finishing up anytime soon. Is there any way to fix these errors that doesn't involve taking a server down for an entire day? http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/storage/getstorfacts.mspx Fiction: Check disk (CHKDSK) takes too long. Fact: CHKDSK...

Complicated Formula #2
Hi. I'm trying to do a very complicated formula. I have a list of ten numbers in a row and I have one cell which is telling me the max of those ten numbers. This new cell I want to be able to find the number that was returned from the above cell and then create a formula from that point. I want the formula to keep looking back (going down the excel spreadsheet) looking for the lowest number in a row from that number, and divide the current number by that number. Example: From say a1:a10 I have : 2, 6, 4, 8, 4, 9, 3, 2, 1, 4 Cell one returns - 9 Cell two would look what came before...

The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt. #2
After the long weekend now unable to send mail to our other email domain. we get the following message. The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt. Ron Can you telnet to port 25 of the remote domain mail server? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=153119 If yes to above, then do you have Reverse DNS Pointer Record for your domain? Have you been Blacklisted for any reason? You can check both at www.dnsstuff.com. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Ron T." <RonT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

CRM
Currently I cannot select a different Price List for every item (product) in an opportunity/quote/order. This is a feature that many customers are asking for. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGrou...

Problems with contact!
Hello, I have created a lot of contacts with external address in Active Directory and after I have created Address Lists in Exchange 2003 that contains these contacts. All works fine except 1 contact. When I try to send an email to this contact from Outlook 2003, inmediatly it comes with a non delivery report that says that "The email address doesn�t exist in this organization, please contact administrator......". All other contacts works fine and there are a lot of them that belongs to the same email domain. I have tryed to remove and create again, and refresh and reconstruct the ad...

Problem with date
Hi, I just converted my adp project from Access 2000 to Access 2003. In the 2000 version the date written on the SQL server are OK (mm/dd/yyyy). I use the Access 2000 in French and the SQL server is version 7 in English, and the date is ok on the SQL server. After the conversion the date on the SQL server is dd/mm/yyyy. I used Access 2003 in French and the same sql server that I used with the 2000 version. The regional paramater are the same, English (USA), but my workstation is a Windows French 2000 . The command that insert the data in the sql server is an INSERT INTO with a variable, ...

Problem with CTreeCtrl and WS_CLIPCHILDREN
Hi All, I have a modeless dialog that is a child of a view. The dialog has the WS_CLIPCHILDREN flag set so that it reduces the flickering effect of resize and redraws. The dialog has a CTreeCtrl with tooltips. Here is the problem: If I have a enough items in the tree control to where the vertical scroll bar is shown, and an item is long enough where the tooltip shows up. When I hover over a long item and the tooltip is up, if I scroll the tree control the new item which should be drawn where the tooltip was in not drawn at all (the background of the dialog box is drawn instead). This is e...

Closed Investment Problem
One of my closed investments still appeats on my Money Home Page Investment Summary. All the other investments appearing in the summary are open, except this one. I checked the investment transactions for this investment and they are all correct, resulting in a zero share balance. Help!! How can I get rid of this appearing in the investment summary without deleting all the investment's data? Thanks! http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=98 might give you a solution to this. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default...

FAX notification problem
SBS 2003 R2 SP2 is installed and working pretty well. FAX's are received, sent to a selected folder just fine. Notifications doesn't work. I have tried sending to a local Exchange user or an internet address and it doesn't happen. What I'm trying to find is what is the transport that the system uses for this messaging. I don't see any related event messages. Any help would be appreciated. Doug Sanders Hi Doug, Thanks for your post. First of all, I still would like to suggest you double check the fax recipients notification configurat...

Moving CRM 3.0 to new domain
Could you tell me what tool (what version of RT)should be used to move CRM 3.0 to new domain. As I notcied in this newgroup, in similar questions the answer is that Redeployment Tool but for which version? On the www, where I can downlad Redeployment Tool, there is only RT for MS cRM 1.0 or 1.2 Thanks in advance Lidia You'll find the redeployment tool on the 'server setup' cd for crm 3.0 cheers Rich "Lidia" wrote: > Could you tell me what tool (what version of RT)should be used to move CRM > 3.0 to new domain. As I notcied in this newgroup, in similar que...

Workflow Posturl problem
HI I have created a webservice in .net that takes the lead id then queries our ordering system and writes some data back to CRM. When i add the post url in workflow manager and then create a lead, the action enters the workflow monitor in a paused state it also write the following to the even log MSCRM Platform Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: <description>Error in action posturl.</description><details>Failed to connect the url http://localhost/test/OrderCheck.asmx/DoOrderCheck...

Date/Time criteria problem
I am trying to create a query that allows a user to select a specific date for which to show results. Following is sample SQL with a fixed criteria: SELECT qryShopJobsIO1.JOB_NO, qryShopJobsIO1.[TOTAL QUANTITY ORDERED], qryShopJobsIO1.[ENTRY DATE], qryShopJobsIO1.SumOfTotalHours FROM qryShopJobsIO1 WHERE (((qryShopJobsIO1.[ENTRY DATE])=#4/27/2010#)); This particular example returns no records. I know that I have records for which the ENTRY DATE field is 4/27/2010. I believe that the problem is that the default value of that field (in the table definition) is set to =Now() ...

E-mail signature: problem with tables
I have created an e-mail signature using a table to control the layout and formatting. This is fine until I reply or forward a message, as the signature then joins to the message I am trying to forward/reply to. I have gone into Advanced Edit > Table > Table Properties and set the text wrapping to 'None', which seems to work. However, when I make any edits to the signature it resets the table wrapping back to 'around', so that I get the problem repeated. Any ideas? EssexSi <EssexSi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created an e-mail signature ...

graph title #2
Is there a way to use the current filename as "Chart Title" in the "Chart Options" of a graph ? Hi, You can link the chart title to a cell. See here for instructions. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm And the cell to which you link can contain this formula, which will extract the filename from the returned string. I have split the formula over 3 lines in case wrapping within the email screws with the formula. =MID(CELL("Filename",A1), FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,FIND("]", CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("[&q...

linking worksheets #2
How can i link to an entire worksheet in another workbook, so tha changes may be made to the worksheet ragerdless of which workboo containing the sheet is opened? Thank -- bail ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bails's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3615 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56114 If I understand what you're asking for, it can't be done. You want Workbook1 to have a sheet in it named Sheet1 Then in Workbook2 you also want a sheet named Sheet1 (and actu...