CRM Outlook Client installed on Citrix Question w/Flex Profiles

We have begun deploying CRM Dynamics 3.0 in our environment.  All of our
clients launch Outlook through Citrix MetaFrame XPe FR3 servers.  The CRM
Outlook client installs correctly the first time and everything works
correctly.  However, the next time Outlook is launched the CRM toolbar icons
and the CRM menu items do not respond.  We are using flex profiles with ops
files capturing the HKCU settings for CRM.

Here is a copy of our ini file:

# REMOVE unused sections!

[Header]
Version  = 11.0
Product  = Microsoft Office 11.0

# ***************************** Registry Sections
*****************************

[IncludeRegistryTrees]
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging
Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook Profile
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging
Subsystem\Profiles\Simple MAPI-CMC
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Network\Persistent
Connections
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Proofing Tools
HKCU\Software\Active Voice
HKCU\Software\Cisco Systems
HKCU\Software\RightFAX Client
HKCU\Software\Adobe

HKCU\Control Panel\Keyboard
HKCU\Control Panel\Mouse
HKCU\Keyboard Layout
HKCU\Network
HKCU\Software\Classes
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\UserAssist
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\BitBucket
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideMyComputerIcons
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Map Network Drive MRU
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient

HKCU\Software\Classes

[IncludeIndividualRegistryKeys]
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging
Subsystem\Profiles

[ExcludeRegistryTrees]
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\ZoneMap\Domains
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\8.0
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\ServerUrl
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\WebAppUrl

I've been working with MS support and they say the flex profiles are too
much like roaming profiles and CRM doesn't support them.  Is there any one
out there who has found a solution to a similar situation?

Thanks,

Anna
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I believe we are experiencing the same problem.

"AnnaT" wrote:

> [...]
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient
>

> HKCU\Software\Classes
>
> [IncludeIndividualRegistryKeys]
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging
> Subsystem\Profiles
>
> [ExcludeRegistryTrees]
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
> Settings\ZoneMap\Domains
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\8.0
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\ServerUrl
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\WebAppUrl
>
> I've been working with MS support and they say the flex profiles are too
> much like roaming profiles and CRM doesn't support them.  Is there any one
> out there who has found a solution to a similar situation?

Outlook 2003 hangs when checking Exchange credentials
I signed up for a hosted exchange service but couldn't get Outlook to connect to the Exchange server. I spent 3 hours on the phone testing lots of stuff with the support guys and we both determined that it had something to do with my connection to the server. I installed Outlook on a test computer on my network and it works fine. The only difference between the two computers is that I am running Spybot on my computer and not on the test computer. I shut down Spybot and still no luck. I am an Exchange newbie so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

CRM Field Names

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Client Action Logging
Is there any convenient way to log client actions when they connect via RPC? I've searched every log I can find and every logging option I can find (POP3, IMAP4, etc.). No attempt to reveal this information has succeeded. I've found no obvious option that does this We are using Exchange 5.5 and Oulook clients. We have been receiving reports that messages are being sent from our users but not getting delivered until the next day. I've looked at the smpt logs and, in some circumstances, DNS and various other errors do occur. Those are easily verified. What I cannot do ...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

Outlook Express -- Very, very SLOW to delete message
Help -- what do I do? In article <10cf01c3be72$c59b8a00$a401280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |Help -- what do I do? | This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support Ser...

CRM and MapPoint

Faxing with Outlook Contact Manager
Hello I do lots of faxing can outlook with contact manager keep track of all the faxes sent to a client in some sort of a history screen? Thank you for your time. 1. Version of Outlook? 2. Fax software used? 3. What kind of history screen do you need besides the Journal? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Leon asked: | Hello | | I do lots of faxing can outlook with contact manager keep track of all | the faxes s...

print shop question.
Booklet setup, horizontal page 8.5 x 11, 32 page booklet The printer wants me to output the pdf not as a printer spread 'cause he wants to paginate it with his software and print it 3 or 4 up. So he wants me to set it up for 5.5 x 8.5 output to pdf one document containing all the single pages. When I'm finished with my layout (for sanity's sake I will continue to work on it as a booklet until I'm ready for output), how should I reset the document for him without frying it...or myself? TNX. On 11/14/06 6:07 PM, in article u2d7NsFCHHA.3476@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, "...

Outlook 2007 People's Calendars
I need to be able to delete a person's name from Outlook's "People's Calendars" when someone is no longer employed by our company. Any suggestions? Right click on the calendar and hit "delete?" -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Jeanne asked: | I need to be able to delete a person's name from Outlook's "People's | Calendars" when so...

Outlook #30
I have Office XP. My previous Outlook 2000 files came over fine however, when I try to open a contact file I get an error box. * Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine. * Just-in-time Debugging (pops up) * If you indicate not to debug another box pops up * Script Error Object doesnt support this property or method: pageSBE.datagrid1 Line no:11 Then the Contact pops up....Can this be fixed? See if the info here helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;223845 "ralph" <rarmenta@verizon.net> wrote in message news:09110...

Microsoft Outlook Task Reminders
My task reminders have stopped working. How do I get the reminders working again? Thanks for your help. Hi Ken, Ken Toews wrote: > My task reminders have stopped working. How do I get the > reminders working again? Thanks for your help. I found the following website: http://faq.outlookmvps.org/archives/cat_general.html Search for "reminders" on this site: [...] If the reminders are in the default folders, you may need to open Outlook using the /cleanreminders switch. Close Outlook and at the Start menu, Run command, type "outlook.exe /cleanreminders" -- Oliver V...

outlook express ME 5.0
Hi! My friend has a computer that we cannot delete any sent messages. Everything else seems to work. He has messages from 2007 that need to be deleted. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks, Leo ...

Reset CRM

Outlook vs outlook express identities
Will Outlook handle email; similar to outlook express i.e. logon/logoff to each individual user so each individual will only see their e-mails? To accomplish this in Outlook, you could simply create seperate email accounts for each different user: Using Outlook on a computer you share with other people http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011110031033.aspx?Product=out Good luck! "reitwayd" <reitwayd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDE02F55-A8BF-47C9-A7CE-4153D5EE07A9@microsoft.com... > Will Outlook handle email; similar to outlook express i....

Any way to add contacts from sent messages in Outlook 2007?
Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for Outlook Express. Thanks! Open the message and right click on the recipient's email address. You will get a pop-up menu and one of the options is to "Add to Outlook Contacts". <diego.novilinguists@gmail.com> wrote in message news:948856fc-7857-4da5-8037-f24618b2d9aa@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from > archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for > Ou...

Question on Spam Control
On MS Outlook 2003-- Is there a way to "Add Sender to Blocked Sender's List" without having to do this one at a time? I can move several messages to the junk filter at once, but I don't think that adds each of their addresses to the blocked sender's list. No. If it's any consolation blocking by sender address is a fairly ineffective method of blocking spam anyhow -- the spammers change their addresses constantly. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.c...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

outlook 2003 page setup
when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do i correct this? -- seanpaul99 Are you sending the mail in Plain Text or HTML? "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1359A7FA-0605-410D-A524-FD806EFC4E9F@microsoft.com... > when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it > should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do > i > correct this? html -- seanpaul99 "Vince Aver...

Signature and font on Outlook 2000
Under options>mail Format - The signature and font tabs are gray. Cant establish new ones Turn Off Using Microsoft Word as your editor. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Joe" <joesposi@suffolk.lib.ny.us> wrote in message news:058d01c3c252$637589a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... Under options>mail Format - The signature and font tabs are gray. Cant establish new ones ...

CRM registration can not be done!

Migrating CRM to CRM