CRM Outlook Client Configuration Problems

CRM 4.0 - Microsoft Outlook Client

Guys,

We've Microsoft CRM 4.0 Server roll up 8 as well as CRM Outlook Client on
the same roll up version. Our Internal Web Access works without problems
users get to it and they're automatically authenticated. IFD Development is
the same way except they're prompt through a login page for their username
and password when they're coming from an external network.

Ever since we moved to a new facility users are experiencing problems
connecting to CRM using their outlook client, I have a test machine where I
have the CRM Outlook Client install and has always worked. These are the
steps I performed to mimic what our users are having:

1- Remove CRM Outlook Configuration by launching the Configuration Wizard.
2- Re-run the Configuration Wizard and select " My Company " where it ask
you the different connection types.
3- In the Intranet Access and Extranet we put:

Intranet: http://mycompany.net
Extranet: http://mycompany.com

When I continue on I get a error message stating:

The Request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found

I'm unsure why the outlook client can't find our webserver but I can login
to CRM Web Access without problems using the same Intranet URL I specified
before on the same machine. Any Ideas?

Thank you very much
Dilmer!

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Outlook 2003 hangs when checking Exchange credentials
I signed up for a hosted exchange service but couldn't get Outlook to connect to the Exchange server. I spent 3 hours on the phone testing lots of stuff with the support guys and we both determined that it had something to do with my connection to the server. I installed Outlook on a test computer on my network and it works fine. The only difference between the two computers is that I am running Spybot on my computer and not on the test computer. I shut down Spybot and still no luck. I am an Exchange newbie so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

CRM Field Names

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Excel 1900 Date Problem
I'm modifying an existing spreadsheet. When I modify an input cell t change the date, the date in the cell appears incorrect. Example: enter 1/14/2001 and the cell reads 1/0/1900. However, in the task ba the correct date appears. Any clues as to why this happens -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi bluesband! Sounds to me that youe are pressing "=" before you put in the date. This "tells" Excel 1 divided by 14 divided by 2001 which Excel returns as 0.0000356964374955379 You then format as a date to get 1/0/1900. Don't press the "=&q...

Client Action Logging
Is there any convenient way to log client actions when they connect via RPC? I've searched every log I can find and every logging option I can find (POP3, IMAP4, etc.). No attempt to reveal this information has succeeded. I've found no obvious option that does this We are using Exchange 5.5 and Oulook clients. We have been receiving reports that messages are being sent from our users but not getting delivered until the next day. I've looked at the smpt logs and, in some circumstances, DNS and various other errors do occur. Those are easily verified. What I cannot do ...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

Outlook Express -- Very, very SLOW to delete message
Help -- what do I do? In article <10cf01c3be72$c59b8a00$a401280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |Help -- what do I do? | This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support Ser...

CRM and MapPoint

Database problem when in Vista
I have a database that works fine when I am Access 2003 in Windows XP. When I transfer the database to another computer running Access 2003 in Vista I am not able to run any of my reports. I am sure the problem is when I open the database I am asked about wanting to block unsafe coding. Can anyone help so that I can fully run my database in Vista. Thanks. JoeP Create a short with the Run As Administrator box checked, and use that to start Access. Details in Option 2 here: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html Once you get Access open, go to the Tools menu, Macros, and set Security to...

Faxing with Outlook Contact Manager
Hello I do lots of faxing can outlook with contact manager keep track of all the faxes sent to a client in some sort of a history screen? Thank you for your time. 1. Version of Outlook? 2. Fax software used? 3. What kind of history screen do you need besides the Journal? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Leon asked: | Hello | | I do lots of faxing can outlook with contact manager keep track of all | the faxes s...

Outlook 2007 People's Calendars
I need to be able to delete a person's name from Outlook's "People's Calendars" when someone is no longer employed by our company. Any suggestions? Right click on the calendar and hit "delete?" -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Jeanne asked: | I need to be able to delete a person's name from Outlook's "People's | Calendars" when so...

Outlook #30
I have Office XP. My previous Outlook 2000 files came over fine however, when I try to open a contact file I get an error box. * Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine. * Just-in-time Debugging (pops up) * If you indicate not to debug another box pops up * Script Error Object doesnt support this property or method: pageSBE.datagrid1 Line no:11 Then the Contact pops up....Can this be fixed? See if the info here helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;223845 "ralph" <rarmenta@verizon.net> wrote in message news:09110...

Microsoft Outlook Task Reminders
My task reminders have stopped working. How do I get the reminders working again? Thanks for your help. Hi Ken, Ken Toews wrote: > My task reminders have stopped working. How do I get the > reminders working again? Thanks for your help. I found the following website: http://faq.outlookmvps.org/archives/cat_general.html Search for "reminders" on this site: [...] If the reminders are in the default folders, you may need to open Outlook using the /cleanreminders switch. Close Outlook and at the Start menu, Run command, type "outlook.exe /cleanreminders" -- Oliver V...

outlook express ME 5.0
Hi! My friend has a computer that we cannot delete any sent messages. Everything else seems to work. He has messages from 2007 that need to be deleted. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks, Leo ...

Reset CRM

Outlook vs outlook express identities
Will Outlook handle email; similar to outlook express i.e. logon/logoff to each individual user so each individual will only see their e-mails? To accomplish this in Outlook, you could simply create seperate email accounts for each different user: Using Outlook on a computer you share with other people http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011110031033.aspx?Product=out Good luck! "reitwayd" <reitwayd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDE02F55-A8BF-47C9-A7CE-4153D5EE07A9@microsoft.com... > Will Outlook handle email; similar to outlook express i....

Any way to add contacts from sent messages in Outlook 2007?
Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for Outlook Express. Thanks! Open the message and right click on the recipient's email address. You will get a pop-up menu and one of the options is to "Add to Outlook Contacts". <diego.novilinguists@gmail.com> wrote in message news:948856fc-7857-4da5-8037-f24618b2d9aa@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from > archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for > Ou...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

outlook 2003 page setup
when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do i correct this? -- seanpaul99 Are you sending the mail in Plain Text or HTML? "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1359A7FA-0605-410D-A524-FD806EFC4E9F@microsoft.com... > when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it > should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do > i > correct this? html -- seanpaul99 "Vince Aver...

Signature and font on Outlook 2000
Under options>mail Format - The signature and font tabs are gray. Cant establish new ones Turn Off Using Microsoft Word as your editor. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Joe" <joesposi@suffolk.lib.ny.us> wrote in message news:058d01c3c252$637589a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... Under options>mail Format - The signature and font tabs are gray. Cant establish new ones ...

problems with restoring back up
I had Money 2003 home & business on my desktop (XP). I now have a new laptop (vista). I have downloaded the trial of the 2008 Home & business money version. I copied the backup file (.mny) through network connection from the deskto to the laptop. Everythime I open the new Money and go to restore backup it asks me for my old password, it comes up with some windows, saying that it is converting files and then it opens the home Money screen, but none of my old info is there, no accounts, no bills. I have run the new Moeny as an administrator and then restarted and I have opened the...

Windows Live Messenger Login Screen problem
Hi All Wonder if anyone can help me. When ever my login screen pops up to type in my email address and password the font has become so small that it is impossible to read. Does anyone have any ideas how to restore it's normal size? I would enclose a screen grab to display this but I don't think I can on this site. Many thanks Timboya;1234807 Wrote: > Hi All > > Wonder if anyone can help me. When ever my login screen pops up to type > in > my email address and password the font has become so small that it is > impossible to read. Does anyone...