CRM Objects in MS Word Templates

Hi,

I got a problem with the Merge function of SFO. When I want to write a quote
in Word so a use the option in the menue. I select a template from word and
then I am asked which Objects I want to include in the document.

I want some information from the products, a custom field I integrated.
Problem is, I cannot slect it in the document, so I digged a little bit in my
database.

I am able to select some information from Products, attached to a quote. For
example the name or the productID are neither in the quote object nor the
quote-detail object, only in the product object. So, obviously there is data
from the productobject available. Problem is, that my cusomized field is not.

Have I made something wrong? Has anyone experience with this problem?
Thanks.

Peter
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

How to create a similar resume in MS Excel ???
Hello All, I came across this interesting resume which has been prepared as a graph and charts sheet / dashboard. Although some may question its relevance / consistency in color usage / display of information , it is doing what it means to do... It captures attention and would surely give the candidate a boost. http://theportfolio.ofmichaelanderson.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/resume-infographic.jpg I was wondering how this can be created using MS Excel... can someone help me on this ??? Regards, Anand Kumar On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:13:21 -0700 (PDT), anandydr <anandydr@gmail.com> w...

CRM Outlook Toolbar not for Delegates
I'm using Outlook 2002 and CRM 3.0 with the Outlook CRM Client installed. I have delegate permission to edit my managers calendar. This is available from my folder list. When I create a new appointment from within my managers calendar the CRM Toolbar is not available. It is also not available to be added using view, toolbars, customise. Could you tell me how to make the CRM Toolbar available in other Calendars as well as my own please. Thanks ...

Querying MS Access from C# on stored file paths
Hi folks, I'm storing some particulars about file usage in my MS Access database, incl. the full paths of those files. I tried to query the database in my C# code. My idea was to retrieve from the database by means of SQL when a file was used the last time, but I only know the directory it is in, so in my code I tried to construct a WHERE clause as follows: String whereClause = "WHERE Filename LIKE '" + dirpath + "*'"; Of course I'm working on Windows and I don't want to think of portability now. Obviously, the variable dirpath contains double...

Outlook "The object could not be found" error (O2003)
Hi there, In Outlook 2003, whenever I have an email with a email link inside it I get an error "The object could not be found", when I try and click it. This has only happened since I installed my Activesync software for my PDA. any help? any fixes? This is killing me! Have you rebooted since installing AS? Does Event viewer give you any additional information? Did you try reregistering IE? reregister urlmon.dll by clicking start, run and typing regsvr32 urlmon.dll if that fails, try How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP http://...

CRM over VPN 02-21-05
Has anyone managed to get Sales for Outlook to work over a VPN Connection. Can fully install, operate and sync when connected via VPN. But as soon as I go offline, cannot access any of the data stored locally. Keeps stating Access Denied. Anyone got any ideas? ------=_NextPart_0001_40FC2C5A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Steve, The issue you are running into is already addressed via hotfix, please call CRM Support for fix 892352 (Title: "Permission denied" error accessing folders in Microsoft CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook when offline ). The KB is i...

CRM Install and Config exam
Having just failed the CRM 1.0 Install and Config exam twice (once with 76% and today with 78% - aargh!), I'd like to ask if anyone here passed it and how the flip they managed to do it? In their infinite wisdom, my company chose not to send me on the actual training course, so I tried to piece together the information from the Implementation Guide and the rather pathetic (and *beta* based!) eLearning course. And obviously failed. Either I'm missing some important information, or I just don't get the questions. (I've never seen so many spelling mistakes and daft questions in ...

How to display animated GIF easily .. any system/ms contorl for this
Was wondering if there is a way to display an animated GIF easily .. maybe a variation / extension of the animation control ? -- All the best Thanks for the exponential performance info. "Doug Harrison [MVP]" <dsh@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<c1ibo01rf22ds149ukckbqhqb9bt3jsheq@4ax.com>... > It seems more likely you corrupted the heap somewhere. Show the call stack > and the code surrounding the crash site. Also give the exact exception type. > Also give compiler version and service pack. I take it you do have C++ > exceptions enabled for your ...

Outlook 2003 Can't Open Item MS OFFICE FAILED
Yikes, I'm having a real problem. I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 Home Edition Office 2003 with Service Pack 2 (only have Outlook and Word installed) Toshiba Notebook M15-S405 Satellite Pro 1.4 ghz with 512 mgs ram I woke up one morning and saw that I had a stop error window open on my computer explaining that Windows had encountered some kind of driver error and that windows had to restart. Windows offered that I review my system for serious errors. That is a very sad thing to wake up to. So I ran a chkdsk and defragged and a virus check. No problems there. I checked my ...

SMTP on MS EXCHANGE 2000 Server
I have an exchange server set up in our environment but the clients have been set up as pop clients and not as exchange clients. I wont go into the details as to why we have gone for that. The question is that when a client sets its pop server as "abc.mail.com" it receives mails so thats fine but when it writes "abc.mail.com" in SMTP it doesnt send and gives an error as NO TRANSPORT SERVER AVAILABLE. At the moment the clients are using the ISP's SMTP. SMTP connector has been created on mail server and if a client is setup as an EXCHANGE client then there are no issues,...

How do I create an email template?
Running Office 2007 Professional. I think that's what you would call it. I am looking for work and have a Word file that I use as a cover letter. Right now I have to open Word and copy and paste into the email. So what I would like is to open in Outlook an email to send that already has that Word doc in it and then I would just do a little editing and send it off. It would be really cool if I could create an icon for it and put it in the toolbar. I hope I have been clear with my needs and thanks for your time if you have a solution. They tell you how here: http://office.m...

Html Tags for Specific Words in a Cell

Problem: CRM over Cisco WebVPN
Has anyone used Cisco's (3005) WebVPPN with MBS CRM. Other Apps work fine put CRM wont. Errors with "Method Not Allowed", or "Not Authorized" even before a login prompt. What could we look for? -- Darryl - dh@mtccrm.com -www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM check to make sure ports arent beign blocked. I think my client is using this system for vpn without issue -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Darryl Henderson" <DarrylHenderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE72D066-D704-4338-8D85-E6A7DD0648AB@m...

Microsoft Office Word has stopped working 02-03-10
Please help find a fix - Using Microsoft 7 on new Dell XPS 9000 super fast computer...Often when I try to open a Word Doc or start a new one I get "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working; Microsoft is checking for a soluttion" message and later a red circle with a white X "There was a problem sending the command to the program." Sometimes everything works fine, more often it doesn't. Sometimes if I double click I can open a document; sometimes I need to click and then click OPEN to get to the doc and sometimes neither works. I've tried reinstalling....

Send Fax with .doc and/or .pdf and .xls attachments from CRM SBS
When working with FAX the most common documents to be send are doc,pdf or xls. All these are in CRM not supported and are not working reliable although CRM is propagated as the perfect application to interact with MS-Office applications. In my opinion they should become supported and tested as soon as possible. Here are our test results regarding send FAX with doc files attachments ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Simple Word file with just 1 line of text, and a short English filename [25 KB]. Successfully sent. Word file with a table tha...

New Free Microsoft CRM Add On
New free add on from CRMeXtension: www.CRMeXtension.com ...

paint of a stack of CWnd-objects
Hello, I have an own GUI-lib with. In a CFrameWnd I have an MainMatrix (CWnd), this matrix fills the framewnd. In this Matrix I have a child 'Receipt' - that fills the framewnd. The 'Receipt' has child - 'leftMatrix', 'statusbar' - also CWnd objects with a lot of controls. There are a lot of additonal Matrix - 'MatrixName', 'MatrixList' - normaly these Matrix are not display. I pop these Matrix into front with MatrixName->BringWindowToTop(); If I want to hide the window, I call Receipt->BringWindowToTop(); ---------------...

How do I launch MS-DOS prompt to execute a batch file from within Excel worksheet with /VBA?
I am creating a batch file with MS-DOS commands within an Excel worksheet using VBA. Now, I have to execute this batch file. I don't know how to launch the MS-DOS prompt and then write out the command to execute the batch file. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** Take a look at Shell in VBA's help. veritasca wrote: > > I am creating a batch file with MS-DOS commands within an Excel > worksheet using VBA. Now, I ha...

Mail Merge Word 2007
I've created a mail merged document from an Access 2007 database. I've inserted a field from the database that I want to have as bold. In every other part of the document that happens (it bold's) except in one place in the middle of a paragraph. Any idea? Why would the bold format take in every other part of the document for that field but not in the middle of a particular paragraph? The field properties are identical throughout the word file were that field has been inserted. Any help is greatly appreciated! (8^>)-]=[ Sorry I got my answer \*Charform...

changing the size of the font in the navigation pane in word 2007
How do I change the size of the font in the navigation pane in word 2007? The method used in previous versions of word do not apply as the options (under format) have changed. I find the size is too small Thanks -- melthamdave Well, for one thing Word 2007 is a Windows version & this is the newsgroup for Word on the Mac :-) However, it makes no difference � the font size in any of the dialog windows/panes/panels cannot be modified. For future reference you can reach the Win Office groups here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx Reg...

Migrate data from one CRM server to another
Hello, I need to install a portuguese version of microsoft crm, but actually, we have a english version, and with much data like accounts, contacts, opportunities, etc... inserted. I try to use de redeployment tool to install the portuguese version and import our data, but on the install of microsoft crm portuguese version, I got a error saying that SQL not match the correct version, and don=B4t let setup continue the installation.... maybe a bug.... So, what I need to do is export ALL (or almost all) data from the english version, uninstall crm, reinstall the portuguese version and import ...

CRM 4.0 Workflow to create activities for related records
Hi I want to know if it is possible to create an activity for all sub accounts/ contacts of an account, if an activity is created for the parent account. Alternatively if the activity on the parent account is completed, can all the others be completed using workflow. I look forward to a response. thanks heaps in advance. Regards Snow White Hi, I don't think it's possible to do it via the regular workflow. You have to write a plug-in or workflow assembly to complete this task. Here's what I am thinking of: 1. Plugin on the activity, check the Regarding to see if it's an...

CRM Software Leader | Business Technology Leadership
Provides on-demand customer relationship management (CRM) software services to help companies with global customer communication.Tips and trends for maximizing the business benefit of customer relationship management. http://flying-rugs.com/crm/CRM.html ...

Objects copied when resizing/moving multiple objects
When I try to resize or move multiple objects in a powerpoint file, the objects are all copied. What is causing this, and how can I stop it? I use Powerpoint 2003 on a computer with Windows Vista. See if this helps: Office shapes move or duplicate themselves when I click them (VISTA) http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00882.htm Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "quietchick" <quietchick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79F9A07E-525E-4F8E-98C5-9A83C5B0443A@microsoft.com... > When I try to ...

A fundamental difference between object variables and other variab
I would appreciate it if someone would explain to me why the subs Prac4 and Prac5 below work, but Prac6 does not. The error is in the debug.print statement, not the Set statement. Sub Prac4() Dim FldName As String FldName = CurrentDb().TableDefs(0).Fields(0).Name Debug.Print FldName End Sub Sub Prac5() Dim Dbs As DAO.Database Set Dbs = CurrentDb() Debug.Print Dbs.Name End Sub Sub Prac6() Dim Fld As DAO.Field Set Fld = CurrentDb().TableDefs(0).Fields(0) Debug.Print Fld.Name End Sub And the error you get is what...? -- Doug Steele, Microsof...