CRM Live! sending email from browser using Windows Live account

How can we send email from within CRM Live using the same Windows Live
passport/email account that we use to log into CRM Live!

Is there a completely HOSTED way to handle outbound and inbound email with
CRM Live?  We changed the user settings to Email Router but that since
doesn't appear to facilitate email handling from within CRM Live.  Any
comments, ideas?  Thanks.

Don

0
DonB (12)
12/15/2007 10:59:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Email sent from the CRM server is sent via the email that is configured in
the System User profile record in CRM.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Dynamics CRM

"Don-B" <DonB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
How can we send email from within CRM Live using the same Windows Live
passport/email account that we use to log into CRM Live!

Is there a completely HOSTED way to handle outbound and inbound email with
CRM Live?  We changed the user settings to Email Router but that since
doesn't appear to facilitate email handling from within CRM Live.  Any
comments, ideas?  Thanks.

Don

0
mattp651 (48)
12/18/2007 2:08:44 AM
Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response.  We have access the system user profile record,
and at the bottom of the form there is a drop box for setting incoming and
outgoing email with the following options along with online help
explainations:

-None   >E-mail will not be sent or received.
-Forward Mailbox   >E-mail will be forwarded from another e-mail address.
-Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook >E-mail is sent and received with
Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook .
-E-mail Router   >E-mail is sent and received with the Microsoft Dynamics
CRM E-mail Router. If this item is selected, the Allow credentials check box
is displayed. To require that credentials be entered, select the check box.

Since we are trying to send email from the browser client, setting both
incoming and outgoing email to "E-mail Router" would seem the obvious choice.
 But, as mentioned in the online help, an "Allow credentials" check box
should be displayed and does not.  Likewise, no outbound email is
transmitting.  It must be something minor, please help.  It's really
important we get this resolved.

Don

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Email sent from the CRM server is sent via the email that is configured in
> the System User profile record in CRM.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Dynamics CRM
>

> "Don-B" <DonB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can we send email from within CRM Live using the same Windows Live
> passport/email account that we use to log into CRM Live!
>
> Is there a completely HOSTED way to handle outbound and inbound email with
> CRM Live?  We changed the user settings to Email Router but that since
> doesn't appear to facilitate email handling from within CRM Live.  Any
> comments, ideas?  Thanks.
>
> Don

0
DonB (12)
12/18/2007 9:46:04 PM
I could sure use a response to this.  Is there a way to send email from CRM
Live! via the browser?  We don't want to use the Outlook client and we don't
want to install some email router for CRM on our own server to make this
work.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks very much.

Don

"Don-B" wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> Thanks for your response.  We have access the system user profile record,
> and at the bottom of the form there is a drop box for setting incoming and
> outgoing email with the following options along with online help
> explainations:
>
> -None   >E-mail will not be sent or received.
> -Forward Mailbox   >E-mail will be forwarded from another e-mail address.
> -Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook >E-mail is sent and received with
> Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook .
> -E-mail Router   >E-mail is sent and received with the Microsoft Dynamics
> CRM E-mail Router. If this item is selected, the Allow credentials check box
> is displayed. To require that credentials be entered, select the check box.
>
> Since we are trying to send email from the browser client, setting both
> incoming and outgoing email to "E-mail Router" would seem the obvious choice.
>  But, as mentioned in the online help, an "Allow credentials" check box
> should be displayed and does not.  Likewise, no outbound email is
> transmitting.  It must be something minor, please help.  It's really
> important we get this resolved.
>
> Don
>

> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > Email sent from the CRM server is sent via the email that is configured in
> > the System User profile record in CRM.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Dynamics CRM
> >

> > "Don-B" <DonB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can we send email from within CRM Live using the same Windows Live
> > passport/email account that we use to log into CRM Live!
> >
> > Is there a completely HOSTED way to handle outbound and inbound email with
> > CRM Live?  We changed the user settings to Email Router but that since
> > doesn't appear to facilitate email handling from within CRM Live.  Any
> > comments, ideas?  Thanks.
> >
> > Don

0
DonB (12)
12/20/2007 8:47:00 PM
Is anyone sending or receiving email from CRM Live browser?  Thanks.

Don

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Email sent from the CRM server is sent via the email that is configured in
> the System User profile record in CRM.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Dynamics CRM
>

> "Don-B" <DonB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can we send email from within CRM Live using the same Windows Live
> passport/email account that we use to log into CRM Live!
>
> Is there a completely HOSTED way to handle outbound and inbound email with
> CRM Live?  We changed the user settings to Email Router but that since
> doesn't appear to facilitate email handling from within CRM Live.  Any
> comments, ideas?  Thanks.
>
> Don

0
DonB (12)
12/22/2007 2:36:00 AM
Yes, we have been email out for CRM Live Web Client.  Configure the CRM Live
EA2 Email Router for Outgoing and set the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server value
to: https://dev.crm.dynamics.com/[your org name]

That should do it.

Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

"Don-B" wrote:

> Is anyone sending or receiving email from CRM Live browser?  Thanks.
>
> Don
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > Email sent from the CRM server is sent via the email that is configured in
> > the System User profile record in CRM.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Dynamics CRM
> >

> > "Don-B" <DonB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can we send email from within CRM Live using the same Windows Live
> > passport/email account that we use to log into CRM Live!
> >
> > Is there a completely HOSTED way to handle outbound and inbound email with
> > CRM Live?  We changed the user settings to Email Router but that since
> > doesn't appear to facilitate email handling from within CRM Live.  Any
> > comments, ideas?  Thanks.
> >
> > Don

0
FrankLee (144)

email format #3
I have an emailing program that uses a Rich_text_box as a body. Now with rich_text_box you can have bold, multi color underlined.etc TEXT. Since using HTML body is a bad (not recommended, even thought it would keep all the formatting) thing then what else can I use to have the same type of format as an rich_text or html so when the recipient receives, it looks presentable with all it indenting, bold,.etc???? HELP!!! Only Outlook recipients can see rich-text content. HTML is a better approach if you want to reach the most people. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft O...

'black hole' method for departed employees emails
Hi, We have implemented Neil Hobson 'black hole' method (http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/07/black_holes_not.html) for email addresses of departed employees. It works fine, no NDR's are generated. However I read in this blog comments by people saying that this collects mail in the Badmail folder. I don't see any mail in our Badmail folder and I wonder if I should be concerned. Message tracking for such email messages ends with: "Message submitted to caterogizer" Any ideas ? Thanks, Igor Hi Igor, If your running Exchange 2003 SP1, the BadMail f...

Wave 4
I am liking Wave 4 but it would have been nice to have had the ability to attach labels to emails. ...

CRM Field Names

To Open Pocket PC Excel file using Excel 2000
I have copied an Excel file created using Pocket PC Excel program in my PDA (.pxl) to my notebook. BUT i cannot open the file using my Excel 2000 s/w in my notebook. Please help. ...

Emails are in list form only

setting up OL NOT to automatically download images in emails
OL 2002 SP 3, on Win XP HE, SP1 Follow-up to microsoft.public.outlook Hi, How do I set up OL to NOT download automatically images, or image tags, etc. embedded in email messages? (This is a favorite trick of spammers to verify email addresses.....) Tx, PS I know this feature is easily accessible in OL 2003 under Security tab, but can't figure it out in OL 2002. I don't think you can do it at all in OL2002 "sat" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O3o0v5HcFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > OL 2002 SP 3, on Win XP HE, SP1 > Follow-up to micros...

Cannot send but receive emails on Outlook when user is not administrator
Hi, We have a user and i have a very strange outlook problem. The problem is that he can receive emails but cannot send them. The email stays in the outbox. I have done the following so far with no help: deleted the .srs file recreated outlook profile reinstalled oultook. Confirmed mailbox is not out of quota Checked with Exchange admin and the mailbox is setup just fine However when i log him in as admin he can send/receive emails. I gave him Full Control of HKLM\Software and C:\Program Files folder but it did not help. We cannot give admin rights to users as per network guidelin...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

selecting which email service to send from
In Outlook Express with more than 1 email account it is possible to select from which account a particular message is sent from. How can this same choice be made from Outlook 2000? -- obsidian Do you have Outlook 2000 installed in Internet Mail Only mode or in Corporate/Workgroup mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of text in Help | About Microsoft Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "obsidian" <obsidia...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

How to enable the email address to repeat when entering a email
The outlook email program will not automaticallly fill in the email address of email address that I have previously used. How and where can I enable that menu? Thanks Depends on your Outlook version which you failed to mention. Since the feature is enabled by default, I suspect you have other problems. Clarify your post and provide more detail. -- Russ Valentine "Crash1234" <Crash1234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4818E78-9AD9-4256-9649-461E107FDD40@microsoft.com... > The outlook email program will not automaticallly fill in the email &g...

GL Account Assignments
Can anyone send me a sample copy of a GL Assignment. I just can't get it to balance out. Please send me a copy of one that currently works with Quickbooks so I can figure out how to get this done. My Email Address is: Nabonibus@yahoo.com That is a bit of a challenge as the Accounts you have set up would likely vary a great deal from another setup. Here are a couple of general rules I have found helpful: 1. Creat three new accounts in Quickbooks for RMS Sales Tax, RMS Accounts Payable (use other liability type in QUickbooks), and RMS Account Receivable (Other asset type). Do not u...

Cannot restore backup money file. Backup was 2004, using 2005.
I'm trying to restore a money file for a friend. I've searched google and google groups for a few hours and I'm out of ideas. I need help something fierce. I only, ONLY have the backup file. I do not have the org. money file. So far I've: - Tried to do a basic restore on the backup. I get this error: "Money cannot locate 'xxx.mbf' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected" - Made sure the file wasn't read only and that it wasn't on read only media...

How do I add my Peoplepc email to Outlook email accounts?
I am new to Outlook- (Using Outlook 2003)I am trying to set up the accounts, I can't access my Peoplepc email from outlook, I can't send email from any account- it stays in the "outbox" I tried to reconfigure the Peoplepc account and still no luck. I walked thru the "set up new email account" and still no luck. Can anyone help? Seamore@peoplepc.com "Seamore" <Seamore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5AD445A-E9B8-4318-8E5E-40CE6D7E59AE@microsoft.com... > I am new to Outlook- (Using Outlook 2003)I am trying to set up the &...

Sends but wont receive mail after Norton Firewall removal
Some time ago I posted a nasty problem, I had many helpfull people try to assist all to no avail. I have now resolved the problem and am posting the solution in the hopes others will be helped. Situation: After installing Norton Firewall and having random emails disapear I uninstalled the firewall (no change) then Symantecs Norton Sytem Works 2003. Outbound mail became reliable but inbound mail became non existant and I moved to Outlook express where it all worked fine first time. Inbound mail had no errors, but seemed to try to "Get" the mail in a fraction of a second, way...

Recently used File List
Can someone tell me why, after downloading a template from the Microsoft website my recently used file list dumps the files I have just used from the list when I close Excel. All I ever have now are the downloaded Excel templates listed and cannot get rid of them. Thank you Rob ...

CRM and MapPoint

Reset CRM

duplicate emails being sent #2
Hello all Runnign exchange sp2 on windows 2003 sp1. I ahve a user who complained that she got an a duplicate email from another user. Both users are on the same exchange server. When i look a message tracking and specify the user who sent the duplicate email, i can see that there are two emails wit hthe same subject and are going to the user who got the duplicate. When i look at the user sent items who sent the duplicate, i only see one email being sent to the user. So Message tracking is saying that there were two emails, but in the users sent items i only see 1. What can i do to try...

Undelivered message for mail I didn't send
I'm starting to get some "undelivered mail" messages and the address that is shown is one that I haven't sent mail to, EVER. What is wrong, and how do I fix it? Thanks. is it spam or legit mail? Spammers often forge the from address so it has a better chance of getting through spam filters. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and...

when I try to run detect and repair, windows installer comes up
and asks for the office cd, however when I put it in, it never loads , so how do I run it??? I have office 2000 and win xp pro You can also insert your CD, start setup and choose Repair then. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message news:u0nlBvBsEHA.2776@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > and asks for the office cd, however when I put it in, it never loads , so > how do I run it??? I have office 2000 and ...