CRM ISV file

After modifying the ISV file to add customize menus as
follows:

<Home code="home">
   <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_2.gif" Title="Custom
Module"
   URL="http://localhost/myapp/cgaapp.aspx"
      Id="myapp" />
</Home>

And modified the web.config in the CRM root directory as
follows:

<add key="ISVIntegration" value="On"/>

And then IISreset

Nothing happends, any ideas why? Please help.

Thanks,

David
0
David
2/3/2004 8:08:10 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Did you publish your changes in the Deployment manager
before you did the IIS restart?

Jairy

0
Jairy
2/3/2004 8:51:19 PM
Yes I published with Deployment Manager and don't see the
new button yet.

0
David
2/3/2004 9:06:36 PM
make sure you do not have multiple copies of the web.config file on your
system

"David P." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After modifying the ISV file to add customize menus as
> follows:
>
> <Home code="home">
>    <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_2.gif" Title="Custom
> Module"
>    URL="http://localhost/myapp/cgaapp.aspx"
>       Id="myapp" />
> </Home>
>
> And modified the web.config in the CRM root directory as
> follows:
>
> <add key="ISVIntegration" value="On"/>
>
> And then IISreset
>
> Nothing happends, any ideas why? Please help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

0
John
2/4/2004 4:35:07 AM
I vave only one web.config in the root directory. But also
I have some vitual directories under wwwroot that have
web.config. Is that an issue??

0
David
2/4/2004 1:16:21 PM
Try restarting the sql server.  For somereason just publishing and
restarting IIS does not work,  you have to restart the sql server as well.
This works fine for me

"David P." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After modifying the ISV file to add customize menus as
> follows:
>
> <Home code="home">
>    <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_2.gif" Title="Custom
> Module"
>    URL="http://localhost/myapp/cgaapp.aspx"
>       Id="myapp" />
> </Home>
>
> And modified the web.config in the CRM root directory as
> follows:
>
> <add key="ISVIntegration" value="On"/>
>
> And then IISreset
>
> Nothing happends, any ideas why? Please help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

0
CRMNoobs
2/4/2004 2:55:28 PM
It's amazing how poorly this is documented!

1) Make sure ISV integrations is turned on in the web.config file (it's off
by default)
2) Make sure there are no errors in you isv.config (or it get's ignored)
3) You don't need to publish to get this change...however, as I think John
was trying to elude to the fact that you need to search for multiple
isv.config files (not web.config).  CRM puts the latest isv.config file in
the CRM program files folder, under a tools subfolder.  If you don't update
that one, it will overwrite the one in the wwwroot next time you publish.

Mike

"David P." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After modifying the ISV file to add customize menus as
> follows:
>
> <Home code="home">
>    <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_2.gif" Title="Custom
> Module"
>    URL="http://localhost/myapp/cgaapp.aspx"
>       Id="myapp" />
> </Home>
>
> And modified the web.config in the CRM root directory as
> follows:
>
> <add key="ISVIntegration" value="On"/>
>
> And then IISreset
>
> Nothing happends, any ideas why? Please help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

0
GreaterThanTwo

Launching Excel by clicking Excel file
I recently lost the ability to launch WinXP 2003 Excel successfully by clicking on a file. Actually, Excel opens but no file appears - grey screen. When I click an Excel file, Excel launches but does not load the file - I have to then open the file via Excel's open commands (File=>Open). I can't seem to trace the problem back to any event. Thanks for any insight. CW I'd be doing some Excel troubleshooting. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/troubleshooting_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "CDWhite" <none...

CRM Field Names

To Open Pocket PC Excel file using Excel 2000
I have copied an Excel file created using Pocket PC Excel program in my PDA (.pxl) to my notebook. BUT i cannot open the file using my Excel 2000 s/w in my notebook. Please help. ...

Query File As
My Table Fields First Middle Last Suffix Need the new field in the qurey Will be FileAs: What is the expression so that FileAs displays Last (space) Suffix (if not null) then a (,) and a (space) then Fist (space) Middle Can anyone give me the correct expression for this so I can copy and paste from your reply Thank You from Marsman Try this -- IIF([Last] Is Not Null, [Last] & IIF([Suffix] Is Not Null, " " & [Suffix], "") & ", " & [First], & " " & [Middle], "") -- Build a little, test a little...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Cannot restore backup money file. Backup was 2004, using 2005.
I'm trying to restore a money file for a friend. I've searched google and google groups for a few hours and I'm out of ideas. I need help something fierce. I only, ONLY have the backup file. I do not have the org. money file. So far I've: - Tried to do a basic restore on the backup. I get this error: "Money cannot locate 'xxx.mbf' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected" - Made sure the file wasn't read only and that it wasn't on read only media...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

Recently used File List
Can someone tell me why, after downloading a template from the Microsoft website my recently used file list dumps the files I have just used from the list when I close Excel. All I ever have now are the downloaded Excel templates listed and cannot get rid of them. Thank you Rob ...

Reset CRM

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

lost files...
Was cleaning up my Outlook...checking files, etc. Since this Outlook is for business, it is loaded with e-mails, forms, etc. To my horror....and I don't believe I did anything...all my files and e-mail from yesterday on...poofed...magic...all gone. Now I know I didn't delete...but I have no clue where they are at this moment. Have been doing a search of my files, thinking they might be playing hide and seek on me. Please...Please...tell me what happened..and how I'm able to rescue this work. Thank you.. Usually cleaning up means deleting. If you've checked all t...

3-rd tools to Recovery edb files
Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). thanks http://www.officerecovery.com/exchangeserver/ -- My Regards, Omar El-Sherif "Luk" <only4news@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eox4HmrPGHA.2828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from > offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). > > thanks try http://www.ontrack.co.uk/powercontrols/ - they've been around for a few years now and seem to have a...

? on creating PDF files
To print reports as a PDF file, are the only requirements that a PDF writer is installed on the local machine? Will GP automatically detect this and give you the option to print a PDF file once it is installed? I can't seem to get this to work with Adobe Acrobat 6.0. Thanks DJ, It will work as long as the Adobe PDF printer is the default printer, otherwise, you will have to manually change the Printer Setup in GP BEFORE printing any report to PDF. Once changed, all reports will go to Acrobat PDF by default while you are logged into GP. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MI...

CRM registration can not be done!

Removing duplicate files
Hi Is there a good utility to detect duplicate files based on content and then to remove them? Thanks Regards "John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:e6tv247aKHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Is there a good utility to detect duplicate files based on content and > then to remove them? > > Thanks > > Regards Google is your friend. Type the following words into a Google search box, then take your pick: Windows duplicate file finder did before coming here...there are a number of them..ca...

File in Use Error
Hello, I have a excel spreadsheet with two worksheets, each of which connects to the same Access database via an ODBC connection to retrieve data. The worksheets have different data and are pulling from different tables in access. I was able to do this without any problem but since I am the owner and creator for both files I did not forsee any problems. Now I need another individual to do this task but when they open the excel file they get 'File in Use :|' error. The person has read, write, modify and excute rights to the database. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Sini ...

More than 9 recent files used
Does someone know how to increase the 'recently used files' to more tha 9? If that can't be done, is there another way to get the same thing? I would be nice to have a sub-menu in the File/Open menu that pops ou and lists the files. :confused ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Migrating CRM to CRM

Open another file
I have an Excel model for which I created a manul in Word. I put a button in the model which I would like to launch the manual. Workbook.open won't work; does someone know what the VB Code is to launch a Word doc? I have the filepath in a variable. Thanks! -- Paul How about inserting a hyperlink to the DOC file (Insert, Hyperlink)? -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A119F03F-009D-450A-9742-EFA175BAE4D0@microsoft.com... |I have an Excel model for which I created a manul in Word. I put a button in | the model which I...

Linking to Excel files via VBA
Good morning all, I'd create linked tables (Excel spreadsheets) programmatically to extract certain data prior to manipulation. I don't want to import this data, as there's much MUCH more than I need - I only need to get some recordcounts from SQL based on these spreadsheets (identical structure), then manipulate that data. I'll be parsing over 50 directories for files with certain names, and obviously this will be much simpler if automated. I've got all the code done except for the automation of the linked tables, and VBA help is not helpful, nor is google - I'...

PDF's not traking in crm