CRM Install Problems

Greets All.

I'm trying to install CRM server from the MS Action Pack on SBS2k.  I
think I have all the prerequisites taken care of, SQL installs fine,
exchange installs ok and even CRM seems to be happy...it even gets to
where it's removing installation files.  But then, at the very end...BAM!

"Failed to install Mircrosoft Customer Relationship Mangement Server.
 Failed to provision your initial business.
 Failed to create organization.
 Unknown error. (80041A04)"

Anyone run into this one and have some pointers?  Also on a side note, I
kind of inherited a preexisting domain.  Originally the boss was
intending to host her own web site and email, but has decided to relegate
it to her isp for the time being.  However, when the domain was being
created, the admin named the domain "ourcompany.com" vice
"ourcompany.local".  Eveything seems to be running ok (AD, DNS, etc) but
can that cause resolution problems?

TIA

Ken Sadler
0
Kenneth
11/13/2003 1:24:33 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Kenneth Sadler <ksadlerNo@Spamdstincorporated.com> wrote in

> Greets All.
>
> I'm trying to install CRM server from the MS Action Pack on SBS2k.  I
> think I have all the prerequisites taken care of, SQL installs fine,
> exchange installs ok and even CRM seems to be happy...it even gets to
> where it's removing installation files.  But then, at the very
> end...BAM!
>
> "Failed to install Mircrosoft Customer Relationship Mangement Server.
>  Failed to provision your initial business.
>  Failed to create organization.
>  Unknown error. (80041A04)"
>
> Anyone run into this one and have some pointers?  Also on a side note,
> I kind of inherited a preexisting domain.  Originally the boss was
> intending to host her own web site and email, but has decided to
> relegate it to her isp for the time being.  However, when the domain
> was being created, the admin named the domain "ourcompany.com" vice
> "ourcompany.local".  Eveything seems to be running ok (AD, DNS, etc)
> but can that cause resolution problems?
>
> TIA
>
> Ken Sadler

Never mind...it seems I solved the problem and it was one of two things:
a) I created a separate user with domain admin rights and installed with
that account
b) I removed the "&" and spaces from the company name (more likely I
think)
0
Kenneth
11/13/2003 2:53:55 PM
Actually it was probably your user rights.

In order for CRM to create the appropriate OU and groups into AD, the user
you are performing the install with need the right permissions to write to
AD.

Sean Fullerton

"Kenneth Sadler" <ksadlerNo@Spamdstincorporated.com> wrote in message
> Kenneth Sadler <ksadlerNo@Spamdstincorporated.com> wrote in
>
> > Greets All.
> >
> > I'm trying to install CRM server from the MS Action Pack on SBS2k.  I
> > think I have all the prerequisites taken care of, SQL installs fine,
> > exchange installs ok and even CRM seems to be happy...it even gets to
> > where it's removing installation files.  But then, at the very
> > end...BAM!
> >
> > "Failed to install Mircrosoft Customer Relationship Mangement Server.
> >  Failed to provision your initial business.
> >  Failed to create organization.
> >  Unknown error. (80041A04)"
> >
> > Anyone run into this one and have some pointers?  Also on a side note,
> > I kind of inherited a preexisting domain.  Originally the boss was
> > intending to host her own web site and email, but has decided to
> > relegate it to her isp for the time being.  However, when the domain
> > was being created, the admin named the domain "ourcompany.com" vice
> > "ourcompany.local".  Eveything seems to be running ok (AD, DNS, etc)
> > but can that cause resolution problems?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Ken Sadler
>
> Never mind...it seems I solved the problem and it was one of two things:
> a) I created a separate user with domain admin rights and installed with
> that account
> b) I removed the "&" and spaces from the company name (more likely I
> think)

0
Sean
11/13/2003 9:57:09 PM
"Sean Fullerton" <sean@mypantsemonarch.net> wrote in

> Actually it was probably your user rights.
>
> In order for CRM to create the appropriate OU and groups into AD, the
> user you are performing the install with need the right permissions to
> write to AD.
>
> Sean Fullerton

Domain Admin can't write to AD?
0
Kenneth
11/14/2003 3:21:05 AM
Ken,

There is a known issue with having special characters in the org name when
installing CRM.  I don't remember if it's the same error number you got, but
it sounds like it is.

However, you are probably going to run into problem when you enter your
license keys.  I am fairly sure that the spaces need to remain in the org
name, as the license keys are tied to the specific org name.

If you do, then you are going to have to uninstall/reinastall and just
remove the & form your org name.

Matt

"Kenneth Sadler" <ksadlerNo@Spamdstincorporated.com> wrote in message
Kenneth Sadler <ksadlerNo@Spamdstincorporated.com> wrote in

> Greets All.
>
> I'm trying to install CRM server from the MS Action Pack on SBS2k.  I
> think I have all the prerequisites taken care of, SQL installs fine,
> exchange installs ok and even CRM seems to be happy...it even gets to
> where it's removing installation files.  But then, at the very
> end...BAM!
>
> "Failed to install Mircrosoft Customer Relationship Mangement Server.
>  Failed to provision your initial business.
>  Failed to create organization.
>  Unknown error. (80041A04)"
>
> Anyone run into this one and have some pointers?  Also on a side note,
> I kind of inherited a preexisting domain.  Originally the boss was
> intending to host her own web site and email, but has decided to
> relegate it to her isp for the time being.  However, when the domain
> was being created, the admin named the domain "ourcompany.com" vice
> "ourcompany.local".  Eveything seems to be running ok (AD, DNS, etc)
> but can that cause resolution problems?
>
> TIA
>
> Ken Sadler

Never mind...it seems I solved the problem and it was one of two things:
a) I created a separate user with domain admin rights and installed with
that account
b) I removed the "&" and spaces from the company name (more likely I
think)

0
Matt
11/14/2003 3:39:36 PM
"Matt Parks" <mattp65@removetoX_Xyahoo.Com> wrote in

> Ken,
>
> There is a known issue with having special characters in the org name
> when installing CRM.  I don't remember if it's the same error number
> you got, but it sounds like it is.
>
> However, you are probably going to run into problem when you enter
> your license keys.  I am fairly sure that the spaces need to remain in
> the org name, as the license keys are tied to the specific org name.
>
> If you do, then you are going to have to uninstall/reinastall and just
> remove the & form your org name.
>
> Matt

Ya...that was it. Now I'm running into the problem of configuring users
ans queues. From the IG:

8. Expand Replication Monitor, expand Publishers, and expand SQL_Server
(CRMSQL01).
9. Right-click the MSCRM publication, and then click Properties.

There is no "MSCRM publication" (at least not under that name)...any
guesses?

-
0
Kenneth
11/19/2003 12:59:30 PM
Do you have 2 replication publications that appear to be for CRM?  Those are
the ones you want.  The IG has a lot of references that are a little out of
sync with the product.  My guess is they wrote it early and missed a few
updates as changes were made.

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@removetoX_Xyahoo.Com> wrote in

> Ken,
>
> There is a known issue with having special characters in the org name
> when installing CRM.  I don't remember if it's the same error number
> you got, but it sounds like it is.
>
> However, you are probably going to run into problem when you enter
> your license keys.  I am fairly sure that the spaces need to remain in
> the org name, as the license keys are tied to the specific org name.
>
> If you do, then you are going to have to uninstall/reinastall and just
> remove the & form your org name.
>
> Matt

Ya...that was it. Now I'm running into the problem of configuring users
ans queues. From the IG:

8. Expand Replication Monitor, expand Publishers, and expand SQL_Server
(CRMSQL01).
9. Right-click the MSCRM publication, and then click Properties.

There is no "MSCRM publication" (at least not under that name)...any
guesses?

-

0
Matt
11/19/2003 3:47:02 PM
Domain Admin CAN write to the AD, it sound like you did not have that set.

Sean
> "Sean Fullerton" <sean@mypantsemonarch.net> wrote in
>
> > Actually it was probably your user rights.
> >
> > In order for CRM to create the appropriate OU and groups into AD, the
> > user you are performing the install with need the right permissions to
> > write to AD.
> >
> > Sean Fullerton
> >
> Domain Admin can't write to AD?

0
Sean

Problem setting up makefile
I am trying to setup multiple makefiles using common environment variables that point to path information. I am calling nmake using recursion through sub-projects. The problem is I cannot get nmake to maintain variables across projects. Simple example: In makefile1: ALL : ENV proj2 proj2: nmake .\proj2\makefile nmake .\proj3\makefile ENV: set AS=asm.exe The result is project 2 builds ok using asm.exe but when it is done AS is set to equal 'ml' and when I try to build project 3 it fails. After struggling with this for a while I have decided to create a batch file that sets u...

Installing Office Assistant
Hello, I just installed Microsoft Office 2003 Student and Teacher Edition and I can't find the Office Assistant. Normally on other versions of Office I've used, in the Help Help pane there is the option to Show Office Assistant, but I do not have this option. I'd like to make use of Office Assistant, is there a way of installing it or is it not part of the Teachers' edition suite? Thanks in advance Hi Bobby! The only difference between the Student and Teacher (aka Academic) Edition is the terms of the licence. Office Assistant is an option. Close down your computer...

CRM Field Names

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Problem adding input to cell
I've had Excel files for several years and never had this problem - what did I do??? All of a sudden when I try to click in a cell it won't let me do anything - add or change and data . The only place I'm able to change or add data is in text boxes that are already there. :( -- PghPatti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PghPatti's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24706 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382734 Do you get a popup message back? Does it say you...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

Excel 1900 Date Problem
I'm modifying an existing spreadsheet. When I modify an input cell t change the date, the date in the cell appears incorrect. Example: enter 1/14/2001 and the cell reads 1/0/1900. However, in the task ba the correct date appears. Any clues as to why this happens -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi bluesband! Sounds to me that youe are pressing "=" before you put in the date. This "tells" Excel 1 divided by 14 divided by 2001 which Excel returns as 0.0000356964374955379 You then format as a date to get 1/0/1900. Don't press the "=&q...

CRM and MapPoint

Batch Update problems...
Hey Gang, A few weeks ago someone helped me with a batch update to change document properties (Word 2003). I got a macro to change the "Title" and it worked like a champ. I modified it to change the "Author" and it too worked like a champ. I recently modified it to change the "Subject" and it goes through the whole "Wend" but nothing got changed. See code below. Any ideas? this is driving me crazy! TIA! ======Author code that works====== Sub BatchProcessAuthorChanges() Dim strFileName As String Dim strPath As String Dim oDoc ...

Reset CRM

Merge & mail-Problem Inserting full address?
Hello, I'm going crazy with this problem. I'm wanting to print addresses directing on my customer mailing, using no labels. I've successfully added my data source file but when I go to add the Address Block or Address Fields I can't get past having only one Field show. (like First Name) Where it says "Point to field that you want to insert. When the drop down arrows appears, click the arrow, & then Click Insert Text or Insert as Picture". Well I'm not able to find any other of my address fields 'drop down' to add. Even in the Insert Addre...

when I try to run detect and repair, windows installer comes up
and asks for the office cd, however when I put it in, it never loads , so how do I run it??? I have office 2000 and win xp pro You can also insert your CD, start setup and choose Repair then. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message news:u0nlBvBsEHA.2776@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > and asks for the office cd, however when I put it in, it never loads , so > how do I run it??? I have office 2000 and ...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

Windows Live Messenger Login Screen problem
Hi All Wonder if anyone can help me. When ever my login screen pops up to type in my email address and password the font has become so small that it is impossible to read. Does anyone have any ideas how to restore it's normal size? I would enclose a screen grab to display this but I don't think I can on this site. Many thanks Timboya;1234807 Wrote: > Hi All > > Wonder if anyone can help me. When ever my login screen pops up to type > in > my email address and password the font has become so small that it is > impossible to read. Does anyone...

CRM registration can not be done!

problems with restoring back up
I had Money 2003 home & business on my desktop (XP). I now have a new laptop (vista). I have downloaded the trial of the 2008 Home & business money version. I copied the backup file (.mny) through network connection from the deskto to the laptop. Everythime I open the new Money and go to restore backup it asks me for my old password, it comes up with some windows, saying that it is converting files and then it opens the home Money screen, but none of my old info is there, no accounts, no bills. I have run the new Moeny as an administrator and then restarted and I have opened the...

Great Plains Client Installation Options? (Questions)
My company has almost 100 client installs of Great Plains. For the initial install we installed everything to the local c: drive (C:\Great Plains\). Now everytime we go to perform an upgrade we have to go to every client machine and upgrade them individually (or at least make sure that machine has recieved the updated files correctly). We also have a script that on login copies down needed files and that helps alot. However this is my question: Is there something that prevents me from having all the clients look to a shared (UNC) path for their data files. (//machinename/shareddrive...

Migrating CRM to CRM

Problem with _bstr_t
Hi! I'm working with MFC 7.0 in VC++7.0. I have trouble with destruction of some _bstr_t when working with MSXMLDOM object. Here is my code, where I think I have memory leaks. Can anybody please help! - Kjetil. CString COPGXMLDomSupport::GetAttributeValue(CString strAttributeName) { _bstr_t bstrTmp = ""; _bstr_t bstrArg1 = strAttributeName.AllocSysString(); CString strRet = ""; IXMLDOMNamedNodeMapPtr spNodeMap; IXMLDOMNodePtr spTmpNode; try { m_spSelectedNode->get_attributes(&spNodeMap); spNodeMap->getNamedItem(bstrArg1.GetBSTR(),&spTmpNod...

OWA strange problem #2
I have a general mailbox that users access using outlook 2003 (internal) and OWA (Exchange 2003) external. If the message in the inbox, the external user can open it and save the attachments with no problem. If the message is moved to a sub folder withen the inbox, then the user can't access some of the emails and some of the attachments as well. When double click on the message, we get "page can't be found. HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Internet Information Services (IIS)" Yet, from outlook 2003, we can access this email fine and save the attachments w...

PDF's not traking in crm

CSocket problem #3
How can I use the same CSocket instance to Send and Receive data in different threads? I tried this but run-time error occurs. Alex wrote: > How can I use the same CSocket instance to Send and Receive data in > different threads? > I tried this but run-time error occurs. > > You can't do that. CSocket uses the message pump of the thread in which it was created. Each thread has a different message pump. The same is true for CAsyncSocket, but CAsyncSocket can send and receive concurrently using only one thread. Because it is nonblocking and message-driven you can...