CRM install on SBS2003

I'm trying to install CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003 server for
testing.  We I get to the part asking for the SQL server
name it can't connect.  If I use SERVERNAME\SBSMONITORING
for the name I get an error about needing "full-text
indexing" runnning on the SQL Server.

The SBS2003 server is the Premium version and was
installed using all the defaults.  I think my issue has
to do with SQL server.  I'm not even sure if it is
installed or if I have some limited desktop version of
SQL Server 2000 on there.  There does not seem to be any
SQL Server admin software I can access, just the System
Manager icon on the tool bar near the clock that monitors
SERVERNAME\SBSMONITORING.

Sorry for the rookie CRM/SQL question but I'm not sure
where to start.  Thanks in advance.

Dan
0
Dan
5/20/2004 8:01:33 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello, I will take a stab at it even though I have not
installed CRM on SBS2003.  Were you able to install CRM
on SBS or do you come up with this error message prior to
installation. If it is prior to installation you need to
check the indexing service under Add/Remove programs,
Windows Programs and check the indexing service. Also
make sure it is running under services. You may have
already done this but I hope I could be of some help.
Roger

0
Roger
5/21/2004 12:48:02 AM
Thanks Roger.  The indexing service is running.  It was a
requirement for CRM.  I can't install CRM.  It stops with
that error during disk one when it asks for the SQL
Server name.

0
Dan
5/21/2004 1:34:10 AM
Hello Dan, I believe SBS uses SQL for the health
monitoring of SBS. SBS2003 Standard Edition uses MSDE for
this. It does sound like a SQL issue. I installed SQL
2000 Developers Edition with SP3a on W2k3 and CRM without
a problem. I had to manually start the SQL Agent to run
the CRM. I wish I could be of more help but looks like
you will need better advice. Best of Luck! Roger
P.S. Please post when you have this figured out as I am
curious what it is.

0
Roger
5/21/2004 4:56:46 AM
Roger,

I have the premium edition but it looks like SQL Server
2000 did not really install, just the MSDE version with
the health monitoring of SBS you are talking about.  I'm
not sure how to get the full SQL 2000 installed off the
SBS2003 premium CD's if that is the problem.

Dan

0
Dan
5/21/2004 11:27:20 AM
Dan,

The installer for SBS2003 on disc 1 loads everything in the Standard
edition.  This includes 2 instances of SQL, one for the Sharepoint intranet
(companyweb) and another for monitoring.

You need to install a default instance of SQL and apply SP3a before loading
CRM.  Insert SBS2003 disc 5 and follow the instructions.  By default it will
also install the client tools including SQL Enterprise manager.

I also added a second IP address to the NIC and created the CRM site in IIS
to point to it.  This preserves companyweb, Outlook Web Access and the
remote access features.

Finally, I added a new A record in DNS to point to the new IP address.  This
allows the user to access CRM with a URL like http://crm .  Localhost is
still SBS2003.

Hope this helps.

Edwin P. Garst
www.epconsystems.com

"Dan Cronin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to install CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003 server for
> testing.  We I get to the part asking for the SQL server
> name it can't connect.  If I use SERVERNAME\SBSMONITORING
> for the name I get an error about needing "full-text
> indexing" runnning on the SQL Server.
>
> The SBS2003 server is the Premium version and was
> installed using all the defaults.  I think my issue has
> to do with SQL server.  I'm not even sure if it is
> installed or if I have some limited desktop version of
> SQL Server 2000 on there.  There does not seem to be any
> SQL Server admin software I can access, just the System
> Manager icon on the tool bar near the clock that monitors
> SERVERNAME\SBSMONITORING.
>
> Sorry for the rookie CRM/SQL question but I'm not sure
> where to start.  Thanks in advance.
>
> Dan

0
Edwin
5/21/2004 11:42:34 AM
Thanks for the tips Edwin.

0
Dan

Installing Office Assistant
Hello, I just installed Microsoft Office 2003 Student and Teacher Edition and I can't find the Office Assistant. Normally on other versions of Office I've used, in the Help Help pane there is the option to Show Office Assistant, but I do not have this option. I'd like to make use of Office Assistant, is there a way of installing it or is it not part of the Teachers' edition suite? Thanks in advance Hi Bobby! The only difference between the Student and Teacher (aka Academic) Edition is the terms of the licence. Office Assistant is an option. Close down your computer...

CRM Field Names

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

Reset CRM

when I try to run detect and repair, windows installer comes up
and asks for the office cd, however when I put it in, it never loads , so how do I run it??? I have office 2000 and win xp pro You can also insert your CD, start setup and choose Repair then. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message news:u0nlBvBsEHA.2776@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > and asks for the office cd, however when I put it in, it never loads , so > how do I run it??? I have office 2000 and ...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

CRM registration can not be done!

Migrating CRM to CRM

Great Plains Client Installation Options? (Questions)
My company has almost 100 client installs of Great Plains. For the initial install we installed everything to the local c: drive (C:\Great Plains\). Now everytime we go to perform an upgrade we have to go to every client machine and upgrade them individually (or at least make sure that machine has recieved the updated files correctly). We also have a script that on login copies down needed files and that helps alot. However this is my question: Is there something that prevents me from having all the clients look to a shared (UNC) path for their data files. (//machinename/shareddrive...

PDF's not traking in crm

Crm grid error

Upgrading to CRM 3.0 Problems

CRM 3.0 Changing CRM Mailbox
When I installed CRM/the Email router, I specified it to use the administrator mailbox. I now want to move it to a dedicated CRM mailbox, where cna I find this setting if it's not under Settings/Organisation Settings/System Settings/Email ?? Thanks Hi Adam, I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exchange Email Router -> Rule Deployment Wizard to update the mailbox information. Make sure the logon to start that email router Service able to access that mailbox. Darren Darren Liu wrote: > Hi Adam, > > I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exch...

Announcements in Crm
Can u set it that announcements shows to all users when they log on,as there is no workflow for announcements. is there any way to intergrate a ticker at the bottom of Crm to show information? not without making unsupported changes to the announcement section. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Zombie9" <Zombie9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0ED5A80-84DE-42E3-BDD2-9D25CD846E93@microsoft.com... > Can u set it that announcements shows to all users when they log on,as > there > is no w...

Import Error CRM 3.0 German
I am running German version of CRM 3.0 and for testing purposes we're trying to import just 6 adresses from an Excel sheet. But every import fails with the message: "Daten in der Zeile stimmen nicht mit dem Importtyp überein" "0x8004032d" We already reformatted the Excel sheet, we exported the stuff into: - txt, tabulator-splitted - csv, splitcharacter splitted, everythings fails, we are nor able to import those adresses into register "company" (Firma) Someone got an idea why? Thanks in advance for any hint, greets Tom hi Tom, check your datatype, is...

CRM undelete?
We had a user who deleted an entire account, and so now I'm trying to rebuild that since it all remains on SQL. I was able to bring back the account, and all its contacts and opportunities, and they all linked fine. I also brought back all the activities, but they are not linked to the account. When I do an advanced search, I can find this activities and it shows that it IS part of that account, but when I go to that account and look in the history, they are not there. After a quick check, apparently they need to be associated in the ActivityPartyBase table in MSCRM. This is where I hav...

Migrate CRM Data from CRM Server to another CRM Server
we have a staging and a production CRM server and i'd like to migrate the Production server data to the staging server database. Can anyone recommend a tool or process that i can that doesn't involve rebuilding the staging server? thanks Please ignore - looks like Data Migration Framework is the way to go, based on other posts "Eve" wrote: > we have a staging and a production CRM server and i'd like to migrate the > Production server data to the staging server database. Can anyone recommend a > tool or process that i can that doesn't involve rebuildi...

Can not install SP3 from downloaded file
When trying to run the Win XP, SP3 downloaded file I get an error saying “The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context.” When trying to use Windows update to install SP3 I get the error No. 0x87FF36B7 See if the information in this MSKB article, "How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of Windows XP Service Pack 3”, helps you to resolve the problem: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718/> -=- If these methods do not resolve the installation problem, you may want to contact support. For information about how to do this,...

Import Contacts from Outlook to CRM 3
Has anyone been able to do this successfully? Route we've been going is: Export from Outlook to csv Try to import csv have countless error messages (usually the number of columns in the rows is different than number in hearder row). This seems to be because outlook exports address fields with Return characters between lines - but even stripping these out we still have lots or problems (e.g. "source file is corrupt") messages Anyone? You will get the source files is corrupt type messages if you data contains weird characters. I would export to a csv then import into ex...