CRM Email Router keeps seeing an old ghost server

Hello everyone,

I got a strange problem yesterday, I couldn't solve yet. I think it's a bit
interresting in digging about technical stuff
I explain :

I used CRM 3 and Email router a long time ago. I never quit the domain on
this server ( named ZEUS )
I updated to CRM4, but not the router.
I then installed a new DC, a new server, moved to this server, but forgot to
remove the old server in the license manager configurator ( or something
like this from the start menu )
Everything goes fine.
Yesterday I decided to send mail from the CRM, so decided to install the
Router from the CD and apply the last rollup 4 on the server, and the
router.
then I execute the assistant and configurator, but here comes the problem :

Each time I set up the address, it tells it's unable to connect the server.
In Https, SSL trusts are not fine, okay...
So I dig in the logs about the CRM : nothng happens, about IIS : no query
!!!

Using ProcessExplorer, that so great piece of software, I open the
properties of the wizard and get to the TCP tab. I can then see the TCP
connexions openned.
And when I click connect, I can see the wizard tries to contact that old
ZEUS server, on port regular 5555 as my new server is on port 5554 ( 5555
for https ) !!!
I tried many things like forcing using the hosts file the ip address, but
get another error. I added a regular 5555 on my server. No help.
My server and DC spent the night looking in the files for that ZEUS server
but no way. I look in all the domain using adsiedit, nothing. checked the
registry, nothing !
I as well used a stored procedure to parse all the columns in all the tables
in both crm databases, nothing but some logs ! I manually removed the ZEUS
server in the config as there are no foreign key used, to clean things, but
no way

I'm stuck, it's incredible ^_^

If anyone gets an idea...
ps : it seems the router is installed and CRM sends mail, but I cannot
configure mailboxes
Thank you

Philippe

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Sounds like a remnant of a an object in the LDAP database of Active Directory.

This may help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216498

"Philippe Pecqueur" wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I got a strange problem yesterday, I couldn't solve yet. I think it's a bit
> interresting in digging about technical stuff
> I explain :
>
> I used CRM 3 and Email router a long time ago. I never quit the domain on
> this server ( named ZEUS )
> I updated to CRM4, but not the router.
> I then installed a new DC, a new server, moved to this server, but forgot to
> remove the old server in the license manager configurator ( or something
> like this from the start menu )
> Everything goes fine.
> Yesterday I decided to send mail from the CRM, so decided to install the
> Router from the CD and apply the last rollup 4 on the server, and the
> router.
> then I execute the assistant and configurator, but here comes the problem :
>
> Each time I set up the address, it tells it's unable to connect the server.
> In Https, SSL trusts are not fine, okay...
> So I dig in the logs about the CRM : nothng happens, about IIS : no query
> !!!
>
> Using ProcessExplorer, that so great piece of software, I open the
> properties of the wizard and get to the TCP tab. I can then see the TCP
> connexions openned.
> And when I click connect, I can see the wizard tries to contact that old
> ZEUS server, on port regular 5555 as my new server is on port 5554 ( 5555
> for https ) !!!
> I tried many things like forcing using the hosts file the ip address, but
> get another error. I added a regular 5555 on my server. No help.
> My server and DC spent the night looking in the files for that ZEUS server
> but no way. I look in all the domain using adsiedit, nothing. checked the
> registry, nothing !
> I as well used a stored procedure to parse all the columns in all the tables
> in both crm databases, nothing but some logs ! I manually removed the ZEUS
> server in the config as there are no foreign key used, to clean things, but
> no way
>
> I'm stuck, it's incredible ^_^
>
> If anyone gets an idea...
> ps : it seems the router is installed and CRM sends mail, but I cannot
> configure mailboxes
> Thank you
>
> Philippe

Hello Curt,

Thanks for help, yes it was on a DC owning all theses services as well. The
removal succeeded, anyway I checked this procedure and the AD is fine.
I keep on searching

Philippe

"Curt Spanburgh" <CurtSpanburgh@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le
message de news:A3D6F5D6-BBB8-4341-BEFC-4823ACD98A3F@microsoft.com...
> Sounds like a remnant of a an object in the LDAP database of Active
> Directory.
>
> This may help:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216498
>

> "Philippe Pecqueur" wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I got a strange problem yesterday, I couldn't solve yet. I think it's a
>> bit
>> interresting in digging about technical stuff
>> I explain :
>>
>> I used CRM 3 and Email router a long time ago. I never quit the domain on
>> this server ( named ZEUS )
>> I updated to CRM4, but not the router.
>> I then installed a new DC, a new server, moved to this server, but forgot
>> remove the old server in the license manager configurator ( or something
>> like this from the start menu )
>> Everything goes fine.
>> Yesterday I decided to send mail from the CRM, so decided to install the
>> Router from the CD and apply the last rollup 4 on the server, and the
>> router.
>> then I execute the assistant and configurator, but here comes the problem
>> :
>>
>> Each time I set up the address, it tells it's unable to connect the
>> server.
>> In Https, SSL trusts are not fine, okay...
>> So I dig in the logs about the CRM : nothng happens, about IIS : no query
>> !!!
>>
>> Using ProcessExplorer, that so great piece of software, I open the
>> properties of the wizard and get to the TCP tab. I can then see the TCP
>> connexions openned.
>> And when I click connect, I can see the wizard tries to contact that old
>> ZEUS server, on port regular 5555 as my new server is on port 5554 ( 5555
>> for https ) !!!
>> I tried many things like forcing using the hosts file the ip address, but
>> get another error. I added a regular 5555 on my server. No help.
>> My server and DC spent the night looking in the files for that ZEUS
>> server
>> but no way. I look in all the domain using adsiedit, nothing. checked the
>> registry, nothing !
>> I as well used a stored procedure to parse all the columns in all the
>> tables
>> in both crm databases, nothing but some logs ! I manually removed the
>> ZEUS
>> server in the config as there are no foreign key used, to clean things,
>> but
>> no way
>>
>> I'm stuck, it's incredible ^_^
>>
>> If anyone gets an idea...
>> ps : it seems the router is installed and CRM sends mail, but I cannot
>> configure mailboxes
>> Thank you
>>
>> Philippe

'black hole' method for departed employees emails
Hi, We have implemented Neil Hobson 'black hole' method (http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/07/black_holes_not.html) for email addresses of departed employees. It works fine, no NDR's are generated. However I read in this blog comments by people saying that this collects mail in the Badmail folder. I don't see any mail in our Badmail folder and I wonder if I should be concerned. Message tracking for such email messages ends with: "Message submitted to caterogizer" Any ideas ? Thanks, Igor Hi Igor, If your running Exchange 2003 SP1, the BadMail f...

email format #3
I have an emailing program that uses a Rich_text_box as a body. Now with rich_text_box you can have bold, multi color underlined.etc TEXT. Since using HTML body is a bad (not recommended, even thought it would keep all the formatting) thing then what else can I use to have the same type of format as an rich_text or html so when the recipient receives, it looks presentable with all it indenting, bold,.etc???? HELP!!! Only Outlook recipients can see rich-text content. HTML is a better approach if you want to reach the most people. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft O...

Emails are in list form only

setting up OL NOT to automatically download images in emails
OL 2002 SP 3, on Win XP HE, SP1 Follow-up to microsoft.public.outlook Hi, How do I set up OL to NOT download automatically images, or image tags, etc. embedded in email messages? (This is a favorite trick of spammers to verify email addresses.....) Tx, PS I know this feature is easily accessible in OL 2003 under Security tab, but can't figure it out in OL 2002. I don't think you can do it at all in OL2002 "sat" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O3o0v5HcFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > OL 2002 SP 3, on Win XP HE, SP1 > Follow-up to micros...

Cannot send but receive emails on Outlook when user is not administrator
Hi, We have a user and i have a very strange outlook problem. The problem is that he can receive emails but cannot send them. The email stays in the outbox. I have done the following so far with no help: deleted the .srs file recreated outlook profile reinstalled oultook. Confirmed mailbox is not out of quota Checked with Exchange admin and the mailbox is setup just fine However when i log him in as admin he can send/receive emails. I gave him Full Control of HKLM\Software and C:\Program Files folder but it did not help. We cannot give admin rights to users as per network guidelin...

CRM Field Names

Wave 4
I am liking Wave 4 but it would have been nice to have had the ability to attach labels to emails. ...

SQL Server Express 2008
Hi, I just had to do a full re-install on a new machine. The new machine is windows 7. I am having problems trying to install sql express 2008 Here are my steps i did. I installed Visual Studio 2008 Installed VS2008 sp1 Then uninstalled anything that said "SQL" ( because it was all for the 2005 version ). Then I went and downloaded the SQL Express 2008 and installed. It then installed SQL Express 2008 sp1. Now, when I go to the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio I dont have a server installed. I go into Server Configuration Manager and under the ...

forward old users accounts.
Is there a way to forward an email accout to another user and still remove that account form the active directory. Many of our sales staffs contacts do not communicate with each other for years at a time. If the customer has an email address of a sales person that no longer is at the company I want that email to forward to another sales person as well as autoreply that the sales person is no longer there. But I don't want to keep the old accounts either in AD or in the Global Address listing. In news:E11FAD84-66A3-4B3D-BAD9-1A95DCD64D75@microsoft.com, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.mic...

selecting which email service to send from
In Outlook Express with more than 1 email account it is possible to select from which account a particular message is sent from. How can this same choice be made from Outlook 2000? -- obsidian Do you have Outlook 2000 installed in Internet Mail Only mode or in Corporate/Workgroup mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of text in Help | About Microsoft Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "obsidian" <obsidia...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

How to enable the email address to repeat when entering a email
The outlook email program will not automaticallly fill in the email address of email address that I have previously used. How and where can I enable that menu? Thanks Depends on your Outlook version which you failed to mention. Since the feature is enabled by default, I suspect you have other problems. Clarify your post and provide more detail. -- Russ Valentine "Crash1234" <Crash1234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4818E78-9AD9-4256-9649-461E107FDD40@microsoft.com... > The outlook email program will not automaticallly fill in the email &g...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

How do I add my Peoplepc email to Outlook email accounts?
I am new to Outlook- (Using Outlook 2003)I am trying to set up the accounts, I can't access my Peoplepc email from outlook, I can't send email from any account- it stays in the "outbox" I tried to reconfigure the Peoplepc account and still no luck. I walked thru the "set up new email account" and still no luck. Can anyone help? Seamore@peoplepc.com "Seamore" <Seamore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5AD445A-E9B8-4318-8E5E-40CE6D7E59AE@microsoft.com... > I am new to Outlook- (Using Outlook 2003)I am trying to set up the &...

CRM and MapPoint

Exchange not routing our domain emails to the internet
Hi, I have just setup a small exhange server using SBS 2003. All the clients have an email address of the form user@mydomain.com.au. These emails are collected using the POP Connector then routed through exchange. However there are other offices which have emails addresses of the form user@mydomain.com.au and ofcourse when we send emails to those addresses it seems that exchange attempts to send it internally rather then externally. The message bounces back with the error: The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact th...

Reset CRM

duplicate emails being sent #2
Hello all Runnign exchange sp2 on windows 2003 sp1. I ahve a user who complained that she got an a duplicate email from another user. Both users are on the same exchange server. When i look a message tracking and specify the user who sent the duplicate email, i can see that there are two emails wit hthe same subject and are going to the user who got the duplicate. When i look at the user sent items who sent the duplicate, i only see one email being sent to the user. So Message tracking is saying that there were two emails, but in the users sent items i only see 1. What can i do to try...

Emails Doubling
People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I receive doubles of others' emails also. "pammor" <pammor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE3A796F-FC12-4712-9510-8163FB406E73@microsoft.com... > People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I > receive > doubles of others' emails also. Go to the Tools menu>Accounts> ensure that you do not have your account set up twice, if so remove one instance of it. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org...

Emails with Attachments
I would like to export 350 HTML email messages -- each with a TEXT email message attached to it -- using the [File] - [Import and export...] - [Export to a file] method (or any other method) such that the content of each HTML email message and that of each attached TEXT email message are exported. Is there a straightforward or suitable workaround method for doing this? Thanks! Steve Forrestor xgfr92yx@yahoo.com Note: Remove spam-spoofing x's to email me directly. "Steve Forrestor" <xgfr92yx@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Z62dneANjZSl32TcRVn-uQ@comcast.com... >...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client