CRM email: Implementing auto-unsubscribes?

Hello there,

We would like to use CRM's email capabilities to handle the sending of
newsletters and other materials to contacts in CRM. We would also like
recipients of these materials to be able to click a link which would
take them off the recipient list. The most obvious way I see of
pulling this off would be to add a "Click to Unsubscribe" link to the
outgoing email which links to a custom page that then sets the "Allow
email" field in CRM to false.

Does this sound like the appropriate path to take? If so, how would I
go about getting the custom link inserted into the outgoing email?
When trying to insert a data field in the email template editor, there
is nothing indicating a unique ID of any sort with the Contact object.
Furthermore, even if there was, how would I insert that field into
link?

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

Regards,
Rich Gilmour
0
richg
4/15/2004 9:48:38 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

'black hole' method for departed employees emails
Hi, We have implemented Neil Hobson 'black hole' method (http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/07/black_holes_not.html) for email addresses of departed employees. It works fine, no NDR's are generated. However I read in this blog comments by people saying that this collects mail in the Badmail folder. I don't see any mail in our Badmail folder and I wonder if I should be concerned. Message tracking for such email messages ends with: "Message submitted to caterogizer" Any ideas ? Thanks, Igor Hi Igor, If your running Exchange 2003 SP1, the BadMail f...

email format #3
I have an emailing program that uses a Rich_text_box as a body. Now with rich_text_box you can have bold, multi color underlined.etc TEXT. Since using HTML body is a bad (not recommended, even thought it would keep all the formatting) thing then what else can I use to have the same type of format as an rich_text or html so when the recipient receives, it looks presentable with all it indenting, bold,.etc???? HELP!!! Only Outlook recipients can see rich-text content. HTML is a better approach if you want to reach the most people. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft O...

Emails are in list form only

setting up OL NOT to automatically download images in emails
OL 2002 SP 3, on Win XP HE, SP1 Follow-up to microsoft.public.outlook Hi, How do I set up OL to NOT download automatically images, or image tags, etc. embedded in email messages? (This is a favorite trick of spammers to verify email addresses.....) Tx, PS I know this feature is easily accessible in OL 2003 under Security tab, but can't figure it out in OL 2002. I don't think you can do it at all in OL2002 "sat" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O3o0v5HcFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > OL 2002 SP 3, on Win XP HE, SP1 > Follow-up to micros...

Cannot send but receive emails on Outlook when user is not administrator
Hi, We have a user and i have a very strange outlook problem. The problem is that he can receive emails but cannot send them. The email stays in the outbox. I have done the following so far with no help: deleted the .srs file recreated outlook profile reinstalled oultook. Confirmed mailbox is not out of quota Checked with Exchange admin and the mailbox is setup just fine However when i log him in as admin he can send/receive emails. I gave him Full Control of HKLM\Software and C:\Program Files folder but it did not help. We cannot give admin rights to users as per network guidelin...

CRM Field Names

Wave 4
I am liking Wave 4 but it would have been nice to have had the ability to attach labels to emails. ...

selecting which email service to send from
In Outlook Express with more than 1 email account it is possible to select from which account a particular message is sent from. How can this same choice be made from Outlook 2000? -- obsidian Do you have Outlook 2000 installed in Internet Mail Only mode or in Corporate/Workgroup mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of text in Help | About Microsoft Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "obsidian" <obsidia...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

How to enable the email address to repeat when entering a email
The outlook email program will not automaticallly fill in the email address of email address that I have previously used. How and where can I enable that menu? Thanks Depends on your Outlook version which you failed to mention. Since the feature is enabled by default, I suspect you have other problems. Clarify your post and provide more detail. -- Russ Valentine "Crash1234" <Crash1234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4818E78-9AD9-4256-9649-461E107FDD40@microsoft.com... > The outlook email program will not automaticallly fill in the email &g...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

How do I add my Peoplepc email to Outlook email accounts?
I am new to Outlook- (Using Outlook 2003)I am trying to set up the accounts, I can't access my Peoplepc email from outlook, I can't send email from any account- it stays in the "outbox" I tried to reconfigure the Peoplepc account and still no luck. I walked thru the "set up new email account" and still no luck. Can anyone help? Seamore@peoplepc.com "Seamore" <Seamore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5AD445A-E9B8-4318-8E5E-40CE6D7E59AE@microsoft.com... > I am new to Outlook- (Using Outlook 2003)I am trying to set up the &...

CRM and MapPoint

Exchange not routing our domain emails to the internet
Hi, I have just setup a small exhange server using SBS 2003. All the clients have an email address of the form user@mydomain.com.au. These emails are collected using the POP Connector then routed through exchange. However there are other offices which have emails addresses of the form user@mydomain.com.au and ofcourse when we send emails to those addresses it seems that exchange attempts to send it internally rather then externally. The message bounces back with the error: The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact th...

Reset CRM

duplicate emails being sent #2
Hello all Runnign exchange sp2 on windows 2003 sp1. I ahve a user who complained that she got an a duplicate email from another user. Both users are on the same exchange server. When i look a message tracking and specify the user who sent the duplicate email, i can see that there are two emails wit hthe same subject and are going to the user who got the duplicate. When i look at the user sent items who sent the duplicate, i only see one email being sent to the user. So Message tracking is saying that there were two emails, but in the users sent items i only see 1. What can i do to try...

Emails Doubling
People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I receive doubles of others' emails also. "pammor" <pammor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE3A796F-FC12-4712-9510-8163FB406E73@microsoft.com... > People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I > receive > doubles of others' emails also. Go to the Tools menu>Accounts> ensure that you do not have your account set up twice, if so remove one instance of it. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org...

Auto date range updating in Charts
I would like to know how to write a formula that can be typed into an excel chart's category labels box and series values boxes to search for and update ranges to a specific range, such as one year's worth of row entries. In this way, each time a new date and set of entries are made into the spreadsheet, the accompanying chart would update to the new range (last date). I have tried using named formulas to accomplish this, but I have so many spreadsheet in the workbook, that this becomes unwieldy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Hi Dave, > I have t...

Emails with Attachments
I would like to export 350 HTML email messages -- each with a TEXT email message attached to it -- using the [File] - [Import and export...] - [Export to a file] method (or any other method) such that the content of each HTML email message and that of each attached TEXT email message are exported. Is there a straightforward or suitable workaround method for doing this? Thanks! Steve Forrestor xgfr92yx@yahoo.com Note: Remove spam-spoofing x's to email me directly. "Steve Forrestor" <xgfr92yx@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Z62dneANjZSl32TcRVn-uQ@comcast.com... >...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

CRM registration can not be done!