CRM data migration problem (from excel or text files to cdf_mscrm database)

Bonjour all,

I'm sure you must have experience in importing the data to MS CRM cdf_mscrm
database using the DTS utility in SQL server... Would you mind share with me
and guide me how to do it? I read a book and it sounds easy.

Moreover, I can successfully import data from a text or excel files into the
SQL server sample database. However, I encounterd a problem when using the
DTS service in MS SQL to migration data into the MS CRM data migration
framework database (cdf_mscrm database). All data are in either excel files
or text files.

Error messages received when importing the data. The DTS Import/Export
Wizard is stated as follows:
Error at Destination for Row number 1364. Error encountered so far in this
task:1.

It's quite urgent! How should I solve the problem?

Looking forward to hearing from your replies. A million thx in advance.

Best Regards,
VisionInfinity

0
VisionInfinity
10/28/2004 2:29:51 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Your dts package contains an assumption which appears to be not correct.
Maybe you are expecting every item to have an id which is not true? Maybe one
of the values contains an ' or ". Please check the 1364th value in the source
file to see what could be wrong. For testing you might want to delete it
first and see if the rest is correct.

Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"VisionInfinity" wrote:

> Bonjour all,
>
> I'm sure you must have experience in importing the data to MS CRM cdf_mscrm
> database using the DTS utility in SQL server... Would you mind share with me
> and guide me how to do it? I read a book and it sounds easy.
>
> Moreover, I can successfully import data from a text or excel files into the
> SQL server sample database. However, I encounterd a problem when using the
> DTS service in MS SQL to migration data into the MS CRM data migration
> framework database (cdf_mscrm database). All data are in either excel files
> or text files.
>
> Error messages received when importing the data. The DTS Import/Export
> Wizard is stated as follows:
> ==================================================================================
> Error at Destination for Row number 1364. Error encountered so far in this
> task:1.
> ==================================================================================
>
> It's quite urgent! How should I solve the problem?
>
> Looking forward to hearing from your replies. A million thx in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
> VisionInfinity

CRM Field Names

To Open Pocket PC Excel file using Excel 2000
I have copied an Excel file created using Pocket PC Excel program in my PDA (.pxl) to my notebook. BUT i cannot open the file using my Excel 2000 s/w in my notebook. Please help. ...

Problem adding input to cell
I've had Excel files for several years and never had this problem - what did I do??? All of a sudden when I try to click in a cell it won't let me do anything - add or change and data . The only place I'm able to change or add data is in text boxes that are already there. :( -- PghPatti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PghPatti's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24706 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382734 Do you get a popup message back? Does it say you...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Summary of Data from a Range
I have a range of data, which is a weekly sports picking competition at work. Basically on the left it has the event, and along the top it has my work colleagues names. The sports picks are in the range and are in the form of validation lists. What i would like to do is create an automated summary of who picked what at the close of each week, which i can email out to the guys in the competiton - i.e: Event 1: New York Mets: persons a, b, c, d and l , Cleveland: e, f, g, h, i, j and m I have 8 events per week, with a number of options per event, thus it is not easy or quick to just ma...

Excel 1900 Date Problem
I'm modifying an existing spreadsheet. When I modify an input cell t change the date, the date in the cell appears incorrect. Example: enter 1/14/2001 and the cell reads 1/0/1900. However, in the task ba the correct date appears. Any clues as to why this happens -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi bluesband! Sounds to me that youe are pressing "=" before you put in the date. This "tells" Excel 1 divided by 14 divided by 2001 which Excel returns as 0.0000356964374955379 You then format as a date to get 1/0/1900. Don't press the "=&q...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

How do I plot data in Excel that is captured on separate sheets; .
Data is saved in Excel worksheets by date. I need to plot various data from each of the separate sheets on a summary sheet. That is, the summary sheet plots data across multiple worksheets. For example, Avg1 is on Sheet1, Avg2 on Sheet2, ... Then, on the summary sheet, I would like to plot the Avg1, Avg2, ... sequence. I have not found a simple way to do this. ...

text value
I need to rank a column containing concatonated names and addresses. Ranking only handles numeric values, is there any way to give text a numeric value? Hi, It would have helped to see some test data but let's start from here. With your data in column A starting in A2 enter this in b2 and drag down =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$100,"<"&A2)+1 -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "AllyH" wrote: > I need to rank a colum...

CRM and MapPoint

Batch Update problems...
Hey Gang, A few weeks ago someone helped me with a batch update to change document properties (Word 2003). I got a macro to change the "Title" and it worked like a champ. I modified it to change the "Author" and it too worked like a champ. I recently modified it to change the "Subject" and it goes through the whole "Wend" but nothing got changed. See code below. Any ideas? this is driving me crazy! TIA! ======Author code that works====== Sub BatchProcessAuthorChanges() Dim strFileName As String Dim strPath As String Dim oDoc ...

Size of excel work book is not full screen
The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the window either. Maybe the workbook is protected with the windows option checked. Tools|Protection|unprotect workbook (if that option is available) You may need a password. Mike wrote: > > The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking > on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the > window either. -- Dave Peterson ...

Repost: Bringing Sharepoint list data back online
I've got an Access 2007 app that is using Sharepoint (MOSS 2007) lists as my data store. Some of my users are experiencing extreme latency issues, so I'm testing allowing them to take the data offline, and then resynch later. Taking it offline via a popup menu works great, and really speeds up the application. I use Docmd.runcommand acCmdToggleOffline to take the data offline. I'm still testing bringing the data back on line, making sure the one-to-many and many-to-many relationships that are built while offline make it back into the lists appropriately, a...

Excel spreadsheets as a saleable product?
I've developed some financial planning spreadsheets in Excel that I believe could be a saleable product. I'm looking for resourses to learn how to address issues like: 1. Is it possible to "register" spredsheets to a computer to prevent people from giving away copies? 2. What's the best way to determine the minimum Excel release level required to run my spreadsheets? 3. I have attempted to show others my spreadsheet on their computer and recieved errors in the spreadsheet that I did not see on my computer (even at the same Excel release level). I can't imagine...

Reset CRM

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

3-rd tools to Recovery edb files
Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). thanks http://www.officerecovery.com/exchangeserver/ -- My Regards, Omar El-Sherif "Luk" <only4news@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eox4HmrPGHA.2828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from > offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). > > thanks try http://www.ontrack.co.uk/powercontrols/ - they've been around for a few years now and seem to have a...

Merge & mail-Problem Inserting full address?
Hello, I'm going crazy with this problem. I'm wanting to print addresses directing on my customer mailing, using no labels. I've successfully added my data source file but when I go to add the Address Block or Address Fields I can't get past having only one Field show. (like First Name) Where it says "Point to field that you want to insert. When the drop down arrows appears, click the arrow, & then Click Insert Text or Insert as Picture". Well I'm not able to find any other of my address fields 'drop down' to add. Even in the Insert Addre...

Screen Doesn't Show Colored Text or Cells
I can change the color of text in a cell but when I hit enter to change cells it changes the text on the screen back to black. However, If i Print the document it prints in color and shows in color in print preview. If I try to shade a cell with a background color it still shows white on the screen, again if I print the document or look at it in print preview the color is there. Any suggestions? If the high contrast setting is turned on you won't see the fill colour. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Colour and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed ...

problems with restoring back up
I had Money 2003 home & business on my desktop (XP). I now have a new laptop (vista). I have downloaded the trial of the 2008 Home & business money version. I copied the backup file (.mny) through network connection from the deskto to the laptop. Everythime I open the new Money and go to restore backup it asks me for my old password, it comes up with some windows, saying that it is converting files and then it opens the home Money screen, but none of my old info is there, no accounts, no bills. I have run the new Moeny as an administrator and then restarted and I have opened the...

Can not edit excel webpage
I have several on our intranet excel files that I have saved as web pages. Some of our users are able to edit these pages but when they go to file, they don't always have the "Edit with Microsoft Excel" option. Some times if you go in & back out of the worksheet (html) file, you will get that option. What do I need to do to have that option show up every time? TIA ...

? on creating PDF files
To print reports as a PDF file, are the only requirements that a PDF writer is installed on the local machine? Will GP automatically detect this and give you the option to print a PDF file once it is installed? I can't seem to get this to work with Adobe Acrobat 6.0. Thanks DJ, It will work as long as the Adobe PDF printer is the default printer, otherwise, you will have to manually change the Printer Setup in GP BEFORE printing any report to PDF. Once changed, all reports will go to Acrobat PDF by default while you are logged into GP. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MI...