CRM data migration 10-13-04

Is there an easy way to migrate data from one CRM server to another?

I have looked through the Data Migration toolkit, but it seems to be geared
more towards migrating Goldmine/Act/etc to CRM, by populating the cdf tables
"manually".

Thanks,
Matt

0
Matt
10/13/2004 3:56:31 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Matt wrote:
> Is there an easy way to migrate data from one CRM server to another?
>
> I have looked through the Data Migration toolkit, but it seems to be
geared
> more towards migrating Goldmine/Act/etc to CRM, by populating the cdf
tables
> "manually".
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

You need to use Redeployment Tool to migrate data from one CRM Server
to Another.

0
Dignity

Problem migrating Money 2000 to 2004
Hi, I've just bought Money 2004 Deluxe Edt. and I would like to migrate my money database (in MOney 2000) to the new version. But eveytime I try I receice a error that I cannot access to the database. What am I doing wrong? Can some help me? I would like to evolve to the new version. Thanks in advance for all the help. Cheers Miguel Rodrigues In microsoft.public.money, Miguel Rodrigues wrote: > >I've just bought Money 2004 Deluxe Edt. and I would like >to migrate my money database (in MOney 2000) to the new >version. > >But eveytime I try I receice a erro...

CRM Outlook Toolbar not for Delegates
I'm using Outlook 2002 and CRM 3.0 with the Outlook CRM Client installed. I have delegate permission to edit my managers calendar. This is available from my folder list. When I create a new appointment from within my managers calendar the CRM Toolbar is not available. It is also not available to be added using view, toolbars, customise. Could you tell me how to make the CRM Toolbar available in other Calendars as well as my own please. Thanks ...

Charting data as 'boxes'
Hi All I have an x-y chart (y is a date axis) and a series of events happening along the x-axis. The x-axis is the position along a datum, and I'd like to show a 'box' starting at one x value through to a second x-value to define where the event is happening; then the top and bottom of the box define the start and finish dates. I can store the data in a table easily enough, [ID;Startx;Endx;Starty;Endy] but is it then possible to use it to define the four corners of a box and get it to draw a series of 'boxes' on a chart ?? Hope this makes sense ! Regards John P J...

Transfer form data
In access 2000, how do I transfer form data to MS Word?. I would like to use something like transferSpreadsheet which I use often to transfer data to Excel. I would prefer not to create an Access report and then use "Publish with MS Word". This method does NOT faithfully reproduce the report. Thanks -- Shell "Shell" wrote: > In access 2000, how do I transfer form data to MS Word?. I would like to use > something like transferSpreadsheet which I use often to transfer data to > Excel. > > I would prefer not to create an Access report and then us...

CRM over VPN 02-21-05
Has anyone managed to get Sales for Outlook to work over a VPN Connection. Can fully install, operate and sync when connected via VPN. But as soon as I go offline, cannot access any of the data stored locally. Keeps stating Access Denied. Anyone got any ideas? ------=_NextPart_0001_40FC2C5A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Steve, The issue you are running into is already addressed via hotfix, please call CRM Support for fix 892352 (Title: "Permission denied" error accessing folders in Microsoft CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook when offline ). The KB is i...

Data Markers
Can I change data markers so that it reflects the conditional formatting on that cell? For example if the data in column c is being plotted and the conditional formatting I have on the cells are if column D = "Y" can I have it so that those markers are plotted with a circle marker and the rest with a square marker? Thanks! Hi, Have a look at Jon's page for conditional charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy ivy_gayle wrote: > Can I change data markers so that it reflects the conditional formatting on > that cell? For exampl...

How can i stop same data being repeated in a column
I have a list of contract numbers relating to application numbers or payments. they are in the format nnnnnnan or nnnnnnpn. The columns are fixed to this format only. If they are entered with the a or p in the wrong place or if they have been left out completely an error message will appear to alert the user. I want to know how to alert the user if they enter an application or a payment number that has already been entered. ie if they enter 022079a4 but that same application has been entered else where in the column. Hope you can help Ru Hello See Chip Pearson's http://www.cpearson....

CRM Install and Config exam
Having just failed the CRM 1.0 Install and Config exam twice (once with 76% and today with 78% - aargh!), I'd like to ask if anyone here passed it and how the flip they managed to do it? In their infinite wisdom, my company chose not to send me on the actual training course, so I tried to piece together the information from the Implementation Guide and the rather pathetic (and *beta* based!) eLearning course. And obviously failed. Either I'm missing some important information, or I just don't get the questions. (I've never seen so many spelling mistakes and daft questions in ...

Problems XSLT Transformation of XML Data to EXCEL 2000
Does Office Excel 2000 support XSLT transformation of data from XML cause am having problem when the attachment is opened in the client side if the Excels version is in Office 2000 and also its works fine if the Office Excel Version 2002 and up when attachment file is open via browser the data is in a single line of string in the first row of the excel worksheet Glenn Gomez wrote: > Does Office Excel 2000 support XSLT transformation of data from XML cause am > having problem when the attachment is opened in the client side if the Excels > version is in Office 2000 > >...

Book problems and solution for windows 7 09-23-10
Book problems and solution for windows 7 SBN: 978-1-4461-4031-4 / Copyright: ilias el issaoui / Language: English /page : 460 / file : pdf This book takes you step by step to a new world. The world of Windows 7, even if the new system were not know how to use it. Explain everything to you in pictures. You do not need to for a long time to learn In order not to remain afraid of not being able to follow up on your friends, neighbors or family members Problems and solutions for Windows 7 Is a book for all. To small and great. Anyone who wants to learn Do not miss the opportuni...

How to read B-LOB data from Oracel DB using Pro*c
Hello, I'm trying to read B-LOB data in Oracle Database using Pro*c. I know how to read it with char mode. What I want to know is read it with binary mode. Are there any good person help me? Let me know if you have a good sample source. Thanks and have a nice day. ...

Problem: CRM over Cisco WebVPN
Has anyone used Cisco's (3005) WebVPPN with MBS CRM. Other Apps work fine put CRM wont. Errors with "Method Not Allowed", or "Not Authorized" even before a login prompt. What could we look for? -- Darryl - dh@mtccrm.com -www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM check to make sure ports arent beign blocked. I think my client is using this system for vpn without issue -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Darryl Henderson" <DarrylHenderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE72D066-D704-4338-8D85-E6A7DD0648AB@m...

Microsoft Office Word has stopped working 02-03-10
Please help find a fix - Using Microsoft 7 on new Dell XPS 9000 super fast computer...Often when I try to open a Word Doc or start a new one I get "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working; Microsoft is checking for a soluttion" message and later a red circle with a white X "There was a problem sending the command to the program." Sometimes everything works fine, more often it doesn't. Sometimes if I double click I can open a document; sometimes I need to click and then click OPEN to get to the doc and sometimes neither works. I've tried reinstalling....

Send Fax with .doc and/or .pdf and .xls attachments from CRM SBS
When working with FAX the most common documents to be send are doc,pdf or xls. All these are in CRM not supported and are not working reliable although CRM is propagated as the perfect application to interact with MS-Office applications. In my opinion they should become supported and tested as soon as possible. Here are our test results regarding send FAX with doc files attachments ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Simple Word file with just 1 line of text, and a short English filename [25 KB]. Successfully sent. Word file with a table tha...

Migrate data from 1.2 to 3.0
Hi Can i use the data migration framework to migrate data from 1.2 SBS to 3.0 Professional after doing all the required mappings ? Is there an easier way to have data from 1.2 SBS moved to 3.0 Professional? Unfortunately you cannot move data between deployments. You can only upgrade the existing CRM 1.2 deployment to 3.0. There is no 1.2 SBS Edition, so you may have to redeploy the 1.2 environment to a new place, then upgrade the system. -- Laszlo Kovacs MCSE+S, MCT, Microsoft Dynamics Certified Master "Jij" wrote: > Hi Can i use the data migration framework to migrate d...

New Free Microsoft CRM Add On
New free add on from CRMeXtension: www.CRMeXtension.com ...

Queries 10-22-07
I have a table with fields ID, ProjectNo and IssueDate and a few others. There are multiple entries for each ProjectNo I want to find the earliest issuedate for each project. I can do this with a query SELECT INVOICES.ProjectNo, Min(INVOICES.IssueDate ) AS MinOfIssueDate FROM INVOICES GROUP BY INVOICES.ProjectNo; However I need to find the IDs of the records returned. If I add the ID to the query then each record is unique and it returns all the records instead of just the earliest dates. How can I find the IDs of the records? Alex Try something like If proj number type is numeric: SELE...

Report sorting 04-25-07
I have a table which has a column of text with numbers. ie; S976S, or S934L. The leading letter never changes. I have now had to go to four numerical digits but it does not sort right. If I add a leading zero, how would I do the sort? one method would be to use calculated fields for the sort Left(YourField,1) Val(Mid(YourField,2)) YourField Another would be to build your sort field as follows Assumption: your field is one letter followed by a three or four digit number followed by one letter Left(YourField,1) & Format(Val(Mid(YourField,2)),"0000") & Right(YourField,1)...

#N/A And Data Labels
I created a bar graph, for each month I am displaying three items. For future months I use the value #N/A so the graph will ignore it. My problem is that the data label picks up the #N/A rather than the correct value for the last month. For example if my values are Jan=2, Feb=3, Mar=5 and Apr to Dec = #N/A, the graph prints correctly, but the Data Labels show Jan=2, Feb=3, Mar=#N/A. Any thoughts, thanks Hi Bruce, The #N/A data labels will all be clustered around the bar with the last value, in your case Mar. I think you will find Mar data label is there but covered. To get the dat...

Migrate data from one CRM server to another
Hello, I need to install a portuguese version of microsoft crm, but actually, we have a english version, and with much data like accounts, contacts, opportunities, etc... inserted. I try to use de redeployment tool to install the portuguese version and import our data, but on the install of microsoft crm portuguese version, I got a error saying that SQL not match the correct version, and don=B4t let setup continue the installation.... maybe a bug.... So, what I need to do is export ALL (or almost all) data from the english version, uninstall crm, reinstall the portuguese version and import ...

CRM 4.0 Workflow to create activities for related records
Hi I want to know if it is possible to create an activity for all sub accounts/ contacts of an account, if an activity is created for the parent account. Alternatively if the activity on the parent account is completed, can all the others be completed using workflow. I look forward to a response. thanks heaps in advance. Regards Snow White Hi, I don't think it's possible to do it via the regular workflow. You have to write a plug-in or workflow assembly to complete this task. Here's what I am thinking of: 1. Plugin on the activity, check the Regarding to see if it's an...

CRM Software Leader | Business Technology Leadership
Provides on-demand customer relationship management (CRM) software services to help companies with global customer communication.Tips and trends for maximizing the business benefit of customer relationship management. http://flying-rugs.com/crm/CRM.html ...

File Error
After performing an append query on a list containing duplicates, I exported the new table as a new sheet into a pre-existing Excel file containing approximately nine other sheets. When I click on the file to open it, I get an error message stating File Error: Data May Be Lost. When the file opens, the first worksheet appears to be fine, but the other nine plus the new one that I exported from Access are jumbled as if the file had been corrupted. I tried the "Open and Repair" option but to no avail. Is there anything I can do to restore the data? I am an intermediate level us...

MailMerge - merge with data in Excel
++Using Word&Excel 2000 on Windows 2000++ If I am doing a mail merge in Word with data in EXCEL, than Word supposes the first Excel-Row to contain the field-names and the following Excel-Rows contains the data Can I organize things in the other direction : - field-names in the first Column instead of Row - data in the next Columns instead of Rows My intention is to achieve a better navigation and better view upon the data, without using a form Is the impossible possible ? Thanks in advance - paul ...

Does CRM user sharepoint?
We are running MSCRM 1.2 with Small Business Server 2003. Do you know if the CRM uses Sharepoint? We have a sharepoint service running on the box and we don't know why. Thanks. CRM 1.2 does not use sharepoint. Kind regards, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "outasight" wrote: > We are running MSCRM 1.2 with Small Business Server 2003. Do you know if the > CRM uses Sharepoint? We have a sharepoint service running on the box and we > don't know why. Thanks. > > The reason why Sharepoint is running is probably because it's set up to run...