We'd like to be able to open a service activity, and display all of
the associated contacts' information (name, phone, address) on the
same form.  We have attempted to use IFRAMEs to load this information,
but have so far been unsuccessful in achieving the desired effect.
What is the best approach to take here?

0
Martindale
5/11/2007 6:26:31 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I am trying to do the same...

What I really want is:

1)  Service activity calendar view to show the customer name, number and
address in the mouseover
2)  When a service calendar item is clicked on, I would like the contact
name, address and telephone listed in the main form
3)  When printing a service calendar item, I want the name, address and
telephone number to be there.

Thanks
Jamie

"Martindale" wrote:

> We'd like to be able to open a service activity, and display all of
> the associated contacts' information (name, phone, address) on the
> same form.  We have attempted to use IFRAMEs to load this information,
> but have so far been unsuccessful in achieving the desired effect.
> What is the best approach to take here?

You basically have to build a "on create" workflow rule that grabs the
GUID (using a custom assembly) and writes it to a field on the form.
There are some tutorials out there that tell you how to do this.  It
does take some knowledge of C# or VB.Net.  Once you have the GUID
stored in a field on your form, you can dynmically build the iFrame
URL using Javascript and plug in the GUID from that field.

Jeremy

On May 11, 12:26 pm, Martindale <eric.martind...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We'd like to be able to open a service activity, and display all of
> the associated contacts' information (name, phone, address) on the
> same form.  We have attempted to use IFRAMEs to load this information,
> but have so far been unsuccessful in achieving the desired effect.
> What is the best approach to take here?

0
jjohnson
5/11/2007 7:51:23 PM
On May 11, 3:51 pm, jjohn...@statera.com wrote:
> You basically have to build a "on create" workflow rule that grabs the
> GUID (using a custom assembly) and writes it to a field on the form.
> There are some tutorials out there that tell you how to do this.  It
> does take some knowledge of C# or VB.Net.  Once you have the GUID
> stored in a field on your form, you can dynmically build the iFrame
> URL using Javascript and plug in the GUID from that field.
>
> Jeremy
>
> On May 11, 12:26 pm, Martindale <eric.martind...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > We'd like to be able to open a service activity, and display all of
> > the associated contacts' information (name, phone, address) on the
> > same form.  We have attempted to use IFRAMEs to load this information,
> > but have so far been unsuccessful in achieving the desired effect.
> > What is the best approach to take here?- Hide quoted text -

But is that the only way to do it?  I see a form that is the "Preview
Contact" - can we attach that to the service activity form using some
sort of relationship?  How is the preview contact form associated with
the "contact" form?

0
Martindale
5/11/2007 8:02:08 PM
The GUID is the key to the kingdom.  Once you have that, you can call
up any form.  Notice that if you pull up any form in CRM the end of
the URL usually contains the GUID.

Jeremy

On May 11, 2:02 pm, Martindale <eric.martind...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 11, 3:51 pm, jjohn...@statera.com wrote:
>

> > You basically have to build a "on create" workflow rule that grabs the
> > GUID (using a custom assembly) and writes it to a field on the form.
> > There are some tutorials out there that tell you how to do this.  It
> > does take some knowledge of C# or VB.Net.  Once you have the GUID
> > stored in a field on your form, you can dynmically build the iFrame
> > URL using Javascript and plug in the GUID from that field.
>
> > Jeremy
>
> > On May 11, 12:26 pm, Martindale <eric.martind...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > We'd like to be able to open a service activity, and display all of
> > > the associated contacts' information (name, phone, address) on the
> > > same form.  We have attempted to use IFRAMEs to load this information,
> > > but have so far been unsuccessful in achieving the desired effect.
> > > What is the best approach to take here?- Hide quoted text -

> But is that the only way to do it?  I see a form that is the "Preview
> Contact" - can we attach that to the service activity form using some
> sort of relationship?  How is the preview contact form associated with
> the "contact" form?- Hide quoted text -

Jeremy
5/11/2007 8:59:39 PM
When you list a bunch of records, like Active Accounts, notice the little
arrow on the left? Click on the arrow and what happens? Some info about that
Account is displayed below the Account record listing. The format and info
displayed is the Preview Form.

"Martindale" <eric.martindale@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On May 11, 3:51 pm, jjohn...@statera.com wrote:
>> You basically have to build a "on create" workflow rule that grabs the
>> GUID (using a custom assembly) and writes it to a field on the form.
>> There are some tutorials out there that tell you how to do this.  It
>> does take some knowledge of C# or VB.Net.  Once you have the GUID
>> stored in a field on your form, you can dynmically build the iFrame
>> URL using Javascript and plug in the GUID from that field.
>>
>> Jeremy
>>
>> On May 11, 12:26 pm, Martindale <eric.martind...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > We'd like to be able to open a service activity, and display all of
>> > the associated contacts' information (name, phone, address) on the
>> > same form.  We have attempted to use IFRAMEs to load this information,
>> > but have so far been unsuccessful in achieving the desired effect.
>> > What is the best approach to take here?- Hide quoted text -

> But is that the only way to do it?  I see a form that is the "Preview
> Contact" - can we attach that to the service activity form using some
> sort of relationship?  How is the preview contact form associated with
> the "contact" form?

0
Larry
5/12/2007 3:58:40 AM
On May 11, 11:58 pm, "Larry Lentz, CRM MVP" <L...@LentzComputer.net>
wrote:
> When you list a bunch of records, like Active Accounts, notice the little
> arrow on the left? Click on the arrow and what happens? Some info about that
> Account is displayed below the Account record listing. The format and info
> displayed is the Preview Form.
>
> "Martindale" <eric.martind...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On May 11, 3:51 pm, jjohn...@statera.com wrote:
> >> You basically have to build a "on create" workflow rule that grabs the
> >> GUID (using a custom assembly) and writes it to a field on the form.
> >> There are some tutorials out there that tell you how to do this.  It
> >> does take some knowledge of C# or VB.Net.  Once you have the GUID
> >> stored in a field on your form, you can dynmically build the iFrame
> >> URL using Javascript and plug in the GUID from that field.
>
> >> Jeremy

> > But is that the only way to do it?  I see a form that is the "Preview
> > Contact" - can we attach that to the service activity form using some
> > sort of relationship?  How is the preview contact form associated with
> > the "contact" form?

Right, that's the form I want to incorporate into the "Service
Activity" form.  How exactly do I link the two?

0
Martindale

CRM Field Names

SQL Server Express 2008
Hi, I just had to do a full re-install on a new machine. The new machine is windows 7. I am having problems trying to install sql express 2008 Here are my steps i did. I installed Visual Studio 2008 Installed VS2008 sp1 Then uninstalled anything that said "SQL" ( because it was all for the 2005 version ). Then I went and downloaded the SQL Express 2008 and installed. It then installed SQL Express 2008 sp1. Now, when I go to the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio I dont have a server installed. I go into Server Configuration Manager and under the ...

selecting which email service to send from
In Outlook Express with more than 1 email account it is possible to select from which account a particular message is sent from. How can this same choice be made from Outlook 2000? -- obsidian Do you have Outlook 2000 installed in Internet Mail Only mode or in Corporate/Workgroup mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of text in Help | About Microsoft Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "obsidian" <obsidia...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Can not copy contact information
I can no longer "copy" and past contact info, i.e. email addresses from contacts to web sites. What's going on? Select then Copy - Control C Paste - Control V Fyi...it appears you are using WLM Version 2009 Build 14.xx (which had its last update on May 12). The ability to select (copy/paste using a mouse via the context menu/rt click) is fixed in the next version Build 15 currently in beta. No date set for the final RTW version(a beta 2 refresh is expected shortly) -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Rockchips" wrote in message news:A06048B7-B71A-4B6D-9778-C4...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

Reset CRM

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

Any way to add contacts from sent messages in Outlook 2007?
Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for Outlook Express. Thanks! Open the message and right click on the recipient's email address. You will get a pop-up menu and one of the options is to "Add to Outlook Contacts". <diego.novilinguists@gmail.com> wrote in message news:948856fc-7857-4da5-8037-f24618b2d9aa@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from > archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for > Ou...

changing addresses of multiple contacts of one company
I need to know if their is an easy way to change addresses or phone numbers of many contacts at the same time, when a company moves? If you export to Excel and then sort your contacts, you can replace all addresses, city, state, zip using Excel. Then import the file back into Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, brian asked: | I need to know if...

CRM registration can not be done!

Migrating CRM to CRM

Display multiple data
Hi! I work as a paramedic, and one of my many task is to register all our activities. I use a excel sheet to collect all data.As we are many people working there, this must be simple.We put all information for one year in one page, may be 4-500 items, each with 25-35 data. No my problem: I need a way to find all info for one month or employed,and create a new list with these . My dream: I write employed number 245 in cell B6, and the all his data displayes underneath.... (excuse my bad english...) Hi Morgan If you install my Filter Add-in it is very simple to filter in place or copy ...

Check this Out -- Our service is simple, list your home with us and you only pay if we sell it. It is as simple as that. We do not ask for a sole agency tie-in period, putting the onus on us to prov
Check this Out -- Our service is simple, list your home with us and you only pay if we sell it. It is as simple as that. We do not ask for a sole agency tie-in period, putting the onus on us to provide excellent customer service and a successful sale at the right price. www.shopndiscount.com ...

How do i mail merge contacts from an existing list?
I can't seem to "mail merge" contacts from an existing list to a word document, Help! What version of Outlook are you running and does the contact list just not appear? Is it the main contact list? -- Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group MVP - Microsoft Outlook "Susana" <Susana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:462A1455-6679-4A07-B009-21A377042282@microsoft.com... >I can't seem to "mail merge" contacts from an existing list to a word > document, Help! I'm using Outlook 2003, the contact list co...

opening forms to a blank record in Access 97
I am trying to have Access 97 open up to a blank record to be filled in but still be able to search for old records using the search or find function. Currently, if I set the Data Entry to yes, when I open the form it opens to a blank record but I can not search to bring up a previous record. Leave DataEntry as No. Add this code the the Event Procedure for the form's Load event: Private Sub Form_Load() If Not Me.NewRecord Then RunCommand acCmdRecordsGotoNew End If End Sub -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://all...

PDF's not traking in crm

Crm grid error

Window Live Mail contact category
When I had outlook express, i separated my friends that I emailed all the time from the ones that don't like getting the pass around emails. On windows live I put my emails in. Created a category and moved the ones I wanted in to each one. Now when I go to email, it has my category name halfway down the list for the first one, then part of my names are under my other list. What am I doing wrong? Can we not click on whichever list we want to choose our persons to email to? I really miss my Outlook Express. -- need help Why are you looking for a name? Start typing the cat...

Upgrading to CRM 3.0 Problems