CRM Contacts on Blackberry not owned by user

Ok, we have 13 users that have blackberries. They want to be able to
see a larger list of users on their blackberries from CRM, but they do
not own the contacts they want to see. many of them need to be able to
communicate with the same Contact.

I want to avoid a 3rd party provider on the blackberries if possible.
Can this be done?

Thanks,

Ken

0
KenCraft
6/25/2007 3:15:46 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

This is what I do, setup each user's outlook crm client to synch the contacts
they to outlook. You'll have to create a new data group based on a query. Set
CRM to synch to outlook.

The key is creating a new data group that pulls the contacts they need.

Then synch the BB with Outlook via the BES (BB Enterprise Server) or th
desktop software for each user.

Good Luck!

On Jun 25, 1:55 pm, James <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> This is what I do, setup each user's outlookcrmclient to synch thecontacts
> they to outlook. You'll have to create a new data group based on a query. SetCRMto synch to outlook.
>
> The key is creating a new data group that pulls thecontactsthey need.
>
> Then synch the BB with Outlook via the BES (BB Enterprise Server) or th
> desktop software for each user.
>
> Good Luck!
>

> "KenCraft" wrote:
> > Ok, we have 13 users that have blackberries. They want to be able to
> > see a larger list of users on their blackberries fromCRM, but they do
> > not own thecontactsthey want to see. many of them need to be able to
> > communicate with the same Contact.
>
> > I want to avoid a 3rd party provider on the blackberries if possible.
> > Can this be done?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Ken- Hide quoted text -

How do you create groups in Microsoft CRM? - or did I read the
response wrong?

0
KenCraft
6/25/2007 6:25:03 PM
In the user's Outlook client, go to the CRM menu item (added to the Outlook
menu right before Help) and click Local Data. You can create a new "Data
Group" using an Advanced Find type query to select which contacts to sync
down to Outlook.
--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"KenCraft" wrote:

> On Jun 25, 1:55 pm, James <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > This is what I do, setup each user's outlookcrmclient to synch thecontacts
> > they to outlook. You'll have to create a new data group based on a query. SetCRMto synch to outlook.
> >
> > The key is creating a new data group that pulls thecontactsthey need.
> >
> > Then synch the BB with Outlook via the BES (BB Enterprise Server) or th
> > desktop software for each user.
> >
> > Good Luck!
> >

> > "KenCraft" wrote:
> > > Ok, we have 13 users that have blackberries. They want to be able to
> > > see a larger list of users on their blackberries fromCRM, but they do
> > > not own thecontactsthey want to see. many of them need to be able to
> > > communicate with the same Contact.
> >
> > > I want to avoid a 3rd party provider on the blackberries if possible.
> > > Can this be done?
> >
> > > Thanks,
> >
> > > Ken- Hide quoted text -

> How do you create groups in Microsoft CRM? - or did I read the
> response wrong?

Messages mysteriously disappear from one user's inbox :(
Hello, We are running SBS 2003 with the latest service packs (for the server and exchange), an Exchange antivirus program and the OR Filter. On one user's mailbox, new messages appear in the Inbox, and then mysteriously disappear within three minutes. There were no rules defined in Outlook for the mailbox, however because of the problem we just created a new rule that moves a copy of each message to a different folder so they don't get completely lost. Interestingly enough. of the folder copied to has the word 'Inbox' in the folder name, the message will disappear from ...

Cannot send but receive emails on Outlook when user is not administrator
Hi, We have a user and i have a very strange outlook problem. The problem is that he can receive emails but cannot send them. The email stays in the outbox. I have done the following so far with no help: deleted the .srs file recreated outlook profile reinstalled oultook. Confirmed mailbox is not out of quota Checked with Exchange admin and the mailbox is setup just fine However when i log him in as admin he can send/receive emails. I gave him Full Control of HKLM\Software and C:\Program Files folder but it did not help. We cannot give admin rights to users as per network guidelin...

CRM Field Names

forward old users accounts.
Is there a way to forward an email accout to another user and still remove that account form the active directory. Many of our sales staffs contacts do not communicate with each other for years at a time. If the customer has an email address of a sales person that no longer is at the company I want that email to forward to another sales person as well as autoreply that the sales person is no longer there. But I don't want to keep the old accounts either in AD or in the Global Address listing. In news:E11FAD84-66A3-4B3D-BAD9-1A95DCD64D75@microsoft.com, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.mic...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Can not copy contact information
I can no longer "copy" and past contact info, i.e. email addresses from contacts to web sites. What's going on? Select then Copy - Control C Paste - Control V Fyi...it appears you are using WLM Version 2009 Build 14.xx (which had its last update on May 12). The ability to select (copy/paste using a mouse via the context menu/rt click) is fixed in the next version Build 15 currently in beta. No date set for the final RTW version(a beta 2 refresh is expected shortly) -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Rockchips" wrote in message news:A06048B7-B71A-4B6D-9778-C4...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

Linking Contacts with Accounts
I have imported 200 Account records into Crm then by using the GUID I imported the 200 contact records. The Contacts have the correct Account in the Parent Customer field but when you look at the Account record the Primary Contact field is blank. Does anyone know how I can create this relationship without having to manually got through the 200 records. Any help would be great !! ...

Faxing with Outlook Contact Manager
Hello I do lots of faxing can outlook with contact manager keep track of all the faxes sent to a client in some sort of a history screen? Thank you for your time. 1. Version of Outlook? 2. Fax software used? 3. What kind of history screen do you need besides the Journal? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Leon asked: | Hello | | I do lots of faxing can outlook with contact manager keep track of all | the faxes s...

Reset CRM

Adding user / deployment manager
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00F2_01C59850.B067B780 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can anyone help with this error I'm getting, so far installed software = on server and then get this The server localhost is not responding. this might happen if it is = currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not = have specific privileges to run user manager. for more information = contact your system administrator. Never used this package before and want to give it a t...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

Any way to add contacts from sent messages in Outlook 2007?
Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for Outlook Express. Thanks! Open the message and right click on the recipient's email address. You will get a pop-up menu and one of the options is to "Add to Outlook Contacts". <diego.novilinguists@gmail.com> wrote in message news:948856fc-7857-4da5-8037-f24618b2d9aa@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from > archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for > Ou...

Outlook New Email "To..." Addresses From Contact Folder
The displayed name This is supposed to be controlled by "Display as:" under "Email" in Contact. I can't get it to work. "First Last" is always displayed no matter what I do. Suggestions? I suggest posting your Outlook version so we can answer. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Roy Bethel" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:brno9s$7vh$1@newslocal.mitre.org... > The displayed name This is supposed to be controlled by "Display as:" under > "Email" in Contact. I can't get it to work. "First Last"...

CRM registration can not be done!

changing addresses of multiple contacts of one company
I need to know if their is an easy way to change addresses or phone numbers of many contacts at the same time, when a company moves? If you export to Excel and then sort your contacts, you can replace all addresses, city, state, zip using Excel. Then import the file back into Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, brian asked: | I need to know if...

Contact Manager for Outlook 2002
Is there a Business Contact Manager available for Outlook 2002? I see it is coming out with Outlook 2003. We do not plan to upgrade to Office 2003 for some time. Thanks, john BCM Is a brand new product that is being released with Outlook 2003, there was not prior version. "John S" <jstorms@itsindy.com> wrote in message news:079d01c383a4$bc8bce60$a401280a@phx.gbl... Is there a Business Contact Manager available for Outlook 2002? I see it is coming out with Outlook 2003. We do not plan to upgrade to Office 2003 for some time. Thanks, john ...

Migrating CRM to CRM

PDF's not traking in crm

How do i mail merge contacts from an existing list?
I can't seem to "mail merge" contacts from an existing list to a word document, Help! What version of Outlook are you running and does the contact list just not appear? Is it the main contact list? -- Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group MVP - Microsoft Outlook "Susana" <Susana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:462A1455-6679-4A07-B009-21A377042282@microsoft.com... >I can't seem to "mail merge" contacts from an existing list to a word > document, Help! I'm using Outlook 2003, the contact list co...

How do i show other users that i am in a particular workbook
Hi, Please how do i create a message to anyother user who tries to access the workbook am working on that it is open for editing by me. i have tried to unistall outlook2003 and put in my name whilst re-installing it but it doesnt show my name instead it shows" " some of my other colleagues have their names embedded inside this quotation marks. thanks The name entered in: Tools>Options>General tab>Use Name is the name displayed when another user attempts to open an Excel file that you already have open. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro ...