CRM Client without Email router on the Exchange server

Hi,
IS it possible to install CRM client on the client PC without installation
of email router at Exchnage server? will it work or not? Can we send CRM
emails from outlook or not?

best regards,

Danish

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The router on exchange is used to route emails to the CRM platform server.
As part of the install the rule deployment tool is also installed.

This tool makes it wasy to deply the forward to crm Mailbox rule needed to
send emails into CRM Platform
--
Rgds

Michael
MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005

"Danish" wrote:

> Hi,
> IS it possible to install CRM client on the client PC without installation
> of email router at Exchnage server? will it work or not? Can we send CRM
> emails from outlook or not?
>
> best regards,
>
> Danish

The CRM Router will automatically promote emails to CRM as soon as they
enter Exchange.  If you want to manually promote emails to CRM, then the CRM
Router is not required.

--
Arne Marquez
Microsoft Dynamics CRM

"Michael Langdon" <MichaelLangdon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2F85AD1B-5969-453D-8D34-2F2A9E1C1718@microsoft.com...
> The router on exchange is used to route emails to the CRM platform server.
> As part of the install the rule deployment tool is also installed.
>
> This tool makes it wasy to deply the forward to crm Mailbox rule needed to
> send emails into CRM Platform
> --
> Rgds
>
> Michael
> MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005
>

> "Danish" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> IS it possible to install CRM client on the client PC without
>> installation
>> of email router at Exchnage server? will it work or not? Can we send CRM
>> emails from outlook or not?
>>
>> best regards,
>>
>> Danish

0
Arne

COM failure during client install?
I am still having problems with the install of the desktop client. My log fileshows the following 15:53:21| Info| Outlook Installer process Complete 15:53:21| Error| Outlook installer failed with hr = C0000005 15:53:21| Error| LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed.(error = 3221225477) (pstinstaller.cpp:CPstInstaller::DoInstallPst:216). 15:53:21| Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallPstAction failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0000005): LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed. at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExcep...

Windows Live Email Time Stamp
The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than the actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens when using the online windows live email access. Can anyone assist? Thanks. v "dioncnr" <dioncnr@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:68BCFE8E-74E3-4967-B733-209DCE7C3BED@microsoft.com... > The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than > the > actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens > when > using the online windows live ...

Outgoing emails
I am having an issue when trying to send emails out.... It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Please help. Message appears as follows..... -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 23, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Try port 25. If you still get an error post back. There are cases where that doesn't work either and you need to change it, and another option as well . . . . let's just try one thing at ...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

DB Emailing Questions
1) How do i format the message text of an email in Access. I used macro builder - action = sendobject. Can you use code builder? if so, please give me an idea of how the code will be like. 2) Also can i assign the email to have a recipient automatically or do i have to write it down each time? Thank you in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 On Jan 21, 11:51=A0am, "axm0035 via AccessMonster.com" <u56602@uwe> wrote: > 1) How do i format the message text of an email in Acce...

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

Moving 5.5 server from one domain to another
Ex 5.5, sp4 on Win2000 sp4, Mcafee VScan8, Veritas 8.6 currently in NT4 domain. Have exactly the same config in another office except this Ex 5.5 server is the bridge end. Have gone through the process of changing service accounts and that is working fine and machine is using the new service accounts to run the services, (ie using the new service account in the Windows 2003 domain), when I drop out of "abc" domain and into "xyz" domain machine comes up fine, all services start but after about 60 secs the information store stops, if I try to start it manually I get er...

CRM Magazine
Hi, My friend forwarded the following link. I getting free CRM magazine without any hidden cost and spam. Link is http://techieindex.tradepub.com/_brands/techieindex/cat/Info.cat.html CRM Magazine is written for whom responsible for moving the enterprise toward a customer-focused approach. Forward this link to your friends. regards, CRM Let's hope the writing & editing is better than what's in this spam msg promoting the mag. "CRM" <flowervalley007@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:6792acd0.0310161131.7fc71521@posting.google.com... Hi, My friend forwarded the ...

Upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise Cal ? #2
Hello Everyone, I know the upgrade process from exchange 2000 standard to enterprise seems pretty straight forward. However, I have a cal question. Are my standard cals still good with this upgrade. Say I have right now standard 2000 with 30 cals. If I upgrade to Exchange 2000 Enterprise with 25 cals to pass the 16mb limitation. Would I then only have the 25 cals or 55 total cals? Thanks ...

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

Edit Microsoft Exchange System Object with ADSI
When I applied a new recipient policy to add a 2nd domain name to our users, I applied it to all rather than using a filter to only pick the users in the Users OU. Everything was still fine but we have one conflict. A public folder had the same name as a user and thus had the same email address. We are getting the event:Event ID: 9514 Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Description: Two objects in the Directory have the same proxy - /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName1]/CN=[Object1] and /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName2]/CN=[Object2] I deleted the public folder b...

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

Multipage newsletter in the body of an email
I knew that Don had a website where I could find his organization's newsletter. I just sent him the results of that process I posted about the other day. I'm anxiously awaiting his comments. (Just because I can send it to myself and it looks fine doesn't mean it will to others.) :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ...

Exporting-importing email accout (.iaf) doesn't work
Hi, i have an .iaf file that i get exporting my email account at work. Now i have imported that file at home, but when i click on "Send and recieve" i get this message: [quote title=3DQuote:] Fall=F3 la conexi=F3n con el servidor. Cuenta: 'pop3.xxx.es', Servidor: 'pop3.xxx.es', Protocolo: POP3, Puerto: 110, Seguridad (SSL): No, Error de socket: 10060, N=FAmero de error: 0x800CCC0E[/quote] I'm using OL Express 6 in both computers (Windows XP). Any idea? Bye Javi Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It provides no addit...

Trail Version of Exchange
Hello I have installed and i am test the trail verion of Exchange (180 days) How do i check how many days i have left, as i cannot remember when i installed this Thanks Andy One way to do this would be to fire up ADSIEdit and find out when the Exchange Server object was created in your Exchange Org in the Configuration naming context. Perhaps there are other ways as well, including app. event log... -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Andrew" <not@home.com> ...

email #11
I have a user that wants to get email from inside our main office using Exchange and Outlook 2000. We do not want her to have to RAS in or VPN in. We have SBS 4.5 i.e. Exchange 5.5. Can we setup Exchange to forward her internal mail to an outside mailbox on an ISP. How do we do that most efficently. We are setup with a DSL line and firewall/router that sends all SMTP mail via an MX record at our ISP to our Exchange server. The outside user has a ??????@ntelos.net address and can send and receive mail mail from her ISP mailbox without any problems using her current Outlook settin...

Entering dates without slashes
How can I enter dates in month day year, example 102507 and have the slashes entered or have Excel recognize the data as a date field. I want to be able to enter dates faster, is the bottom line. Bob, Visit http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Bob Spencer" <bob@tsif.com> wrote in message news:OKVhCuyFIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How can I enter dates in month day year, example 102507 and have the slashes entered or have Excel > recognize the data as a date field. I want to be able to enter dates faster, is the bottom...

svhost.exe: A CRM-related File?
Hello all. McAfee VirusScan has suddenly notified me that it detected a "potentially unwanted file" on the machine that I am using to host an ActionPack version of Microsoft CRM. This is an SBS installation, with everything running on one test machine. Here is the warning from McAfee: ---------------- Potential Unwanted Program Detected! The file C:\WINNT\System32\svhost.exe is a Potentially Unwanted Program (ServU-Daemon) ---------------- When I try to move the file to the desktop, I am alerted that it is in use and cannot be moved (no surprise, huh?). The interesting thin...

Problems getting to server?
I have a customer who is saying that if he tries to get to a email server I am running, he can't get to it on the 1st attempt using Outlook Express. He has to browse to a web page that I am hosting, view that page. Then open OE, and his email will work fine. Has anyone heard of this, and have any solutions? Thanks, Steve Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=Internet...

Automatically forwarding emails
Hi I need to forward emails to a specific user to her external email. The user only wants those emails forwarded who are addressed to her and not the ones that she is cc'd or bcc'd. Hence my choice of client side rule. I have done the following; 1. Created a contact with her external email address under 'Active Directory Users and Computers', 2. Ticked 'Allow Automatic Forward' under Exchange->Global Settings->Internet Message Format->Default->Properties->Advanced tab. 3. Logged in to the relevant user's pc under her name and in outlook created ...