CRM client on Windows Vista x64

I downloaded the latest CRM client - thank you to Microsoft for updating it
for Vista and Office 07.

But, when installing it on an x64 box it declares .NET framework is not
installed.  This is impossible since version 1 is required for CRM but Vista
has all of .NET framework embedded in it.

Anyone have a workaround?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There are issues with .NET 1.1 on 64-bit machines if .NET 2.0 is installed
as well. At least I had a lot of trouble when installing the CRM server on a
x64 machine. Maybe it's related to the fact that there's no 64-bit version
of .NET 1.1 whereas there is for .NET 2.0. I ended up in installing CRM into
a virtual machine.

I never installed the CRM client on a 64-bit machine, but from what I have
learned so far, it may be the same problem. It doesn't help you at all, so
if anyone has a solution, I'm also very interested to know it.

--
Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup

"Cole Naus" <ColeNaus@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I downloaded the latest CRM client - thank you to Microsoft for updating it
> for Vista and Office 07.
>
> But, when installing it on an x64 box it declares .NET framework is not
> installed.  This is impossible since version 1 is required for CRM but
> Vista
> has all of .NET framework embedded in it.
>
> Anyone have a workaround?

0
Michael

CRM Field Names

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

Client Action Logging
Is there any convenient way to log client actions when they connect via RPC? I've searched every log I can find and every logging option I can find (POP3, IMAP4, etc.). No attempt to reveal this information has succeeded. I've found no obvious option that does this We are using Exchange 5.5 and Oulook clients. We have been receiving reports that messages are being sent from our users but not getting delivered until the next day. I've looked at the smpt logs and, in some circumstances, DNS and various other errors do occur. Those are easily verified. What I cannot do ...

CRM and MapPoint

Reset CRM

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

when I try to run detect and repair, windows installer comes up
and asks for the office cd, however when I put it in, it never loads , so how do I run it??? I have office 2000 and win xp pro You can also insert your CD, start setup and choose Repair then. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message news:u0nlBvBsEHA.2776@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > and asks for the office cd, however when I put it in, it never loads , so > how do I run it??? I have office 2000 and ...

Windows Live Messenger Login Screen problem
Hi All Wonder if anyone can help me. When ever my login screen pops up to type in my email address and password the font has become so small that it is impossible to read. Does anyone have any ideas how to restore it's normal size? I would enclose a screen grab to display this but I don't think I can on this site. Many thanks Timboya;1234807 Wrote: > Hi All > > Wonder if anyone can help me. When ever my login screen pops up to type > in > my email address and password the font has become so small that it is > impossible to read. Does anyone...

CRM registration can not be done!

Get blank IE window when I go to link
Been using Outlook Express 5.0. No problems to recently. When I go to hit a link in an e-mail it just comes up a blank IE screen. Does not even say done. Tried dowloading and installing 6.0 but no difference. I use an ISP, Windowns '98 SE, Pentium3, 128mb ram 10gb hard drive. Have scaned disk and defraged. Spent 8 hours and still no luck. So I am here. Dell ...

Migrating CRM to CRM

Great Plains Client Installation Options? (Questions)
My company has almost 100 client installs of Great Plains. For the initial install we installed everything to the local c: drive (C:\Great Plains\). Now everytime we go to perform an upgrade we have to go to every client machine and upgrade them individually (or at least make sure that machine has recieved the updated files correctly). We also have a script that on login copies down needed files and that helps alot. However this is my question: Is there something that prevents me from having all the clients look to a shared (UNC) path for their data files. (//machinename/shareddrive...

modal popup window
I'm sure this has been asked a million times. I remember it being tricky and somewhat complicated when it comes to modal dialog boxes. I guess what I'm trying to do is create a tooltip kind of window. It shows up, is topmost, and automatically hides when it's done. I am not using MFC and don't want to subclass from any existing control. I registered my own windows class with its own WndProc. The class is CTip. It's created like this by the parent: if (bError) { CTip* p = new CTip; p->m_bAutoDelete = TRUE; p->Create(m_hWnd, _T("An error occurred...

PDF's not traking in crm

hq client--can't recognize store id or password
we use hq and store ops at our main warehouse. the computer that has hq client on it died so we had to buy a new one (the main database is safe on a different cpu). so, after setting up the new computer and installing store ops and hq client on it, when we try to connect i get an error saying: "Message contained an invalid Store ID/Connection Password. Message was not accepted." I had to install hq client on another computer just so we can communicate, but I need to get things working on this particular computer as it is used most often. I've already completely uninstalled all ...

Window Live Mail contact category
When I had outlook express, i separated my friends that I emailed all the time from the ones that don't like getting the pass around emails. On windows live I put my emails in. Created a category and moved the ones I wanted in to each one. Now when I go to email, it has my category name halfway down the list for the first one, then part of my names are under my other list. What am I doing wrong? Can we not click on whichever list we want to choose our persons to email to? I really miss my Outlook Express. -- need help Why are you looking for a name? Start typing the cat...

Crm grid error

Upgrading to CRM 3.0 Problems

Publisher incompatability with Windows Vista
I have Microsoft Picture It Publishing 2001 (Gold) and have learned to like it better than any other image editing program. I have tried Paint Shop Pro but it is much harder to use and does not do some things as well as MS Publisher does. I was using Publisher on an older PC with Windows XP and was working just great but the old PC disc drive quit working and I really needed much more memory as I deal with a lot of images for my 3 websites. I purchased a new PC with plenty of memory but didn't realize what I was getting into with the newest, latest and greatest Windows Vista operati...

CRM 3.0 Changing CRM Mailbox
When I installed CRM/the Email router, I specified it to use the administrator mailbox. I now want to move it to a dedicated CRM mailbox, where cna I find this setting if it's not under Settings/Organisation Settings/System Settings/Email ?? Thanks Hi Adam, I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exchange Email Router -> Rule Deployment Wizard to update the mailbox information. Make sure the logon to start that email router Service able to access that mailbox. Darren Darren Liu wrote: > Hi Adam, > > I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exch...