CRM client installation

Hi, I am using CRM 3.0 and Outlook 2007. I am trying to install CRM client
(offline). I am using CRM 3.0 clients for Microsoft office outlook
compatibility. When CRM try to install Micrsoft SQL 2005 Express edition sp1
(CRM), it is giving me an error setup.exe with "unknow exit code 1282"
Anyone can help me please!!!!
0
Billy6280 (27)
2/6/2008 5:30:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

can you more specify and send me log, as this error nothing mean for me.

On which step of installation you got this.. is it to connect to CRM Server??

Also install Rollup update 2 on server then try for client installation

--
Regards,
Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com

"Billy" wrote:

> Hi, I am using CRM 3.0 and Outlook 2007. I am trying to install CRM client
> (offline). I am using CRM 3.0 clients for Microsoft office outlook
> compatibility. When CRM try to install Micrsoft SQL 2005 Express edition sp1
> (CRM), it is giving me an error setup.exe with "unknow exit code 1282"
> Anyone can help me please!!!!
0
mscrmexpert (134)
2/6/2008 5:17:05 PM
Hi Imran, during installation when I type CRM server URL address
http://server:5555 installation does check for Microsoft outlook and I get an
error in the checklist "setup failed to deterrmine whether a supported
version of Microsoft outlook is installed" as you know I am using Outlook
2007. Then I have tried to install Microsoft SQL Server Express edition Sp1
(CRM) from "Microsoft CRM 3.0 clients for Microsoft outlook compatibility
update". During installation SQL 2005 express edition failed and error was "
unknown exit code 1282".
Is it clear for you now?
Hope this will help you to understand my problem. I will appreciate your help.

regards

"Imran-mscrmexpert" wrote:

> can you more specify and send me log, as this error nothing mean for me.
>
> On which step of installation you got this.. is it to connect to CRM Server??
>
> Also install Rollup update 2 on server then try for client installation
>

> --
> Regards,
> Imran
> MS CRM Certified Professional
>

> http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com
>
> Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com
>

> "Billy" wrote:
>
> > Hi, I am using CRM 3.0 and Outlook 2007. I am trying to install CRM client
> > (offline). I am using CRM 3.0 clients for Microsoft office outlook
> > compatibility. When CRM try to install Micrsoft SQL 2005 Express edition sp1
> > (CRM), it is giving me an error setup.exe with "unknow exit code 1282"
> > Anyone can help me please!!!!
0
Billy6280 (27)

Installing Office Assistant
Hello, I just installed Microsoft Office 2003 Student and Teacher Edition and I can't find the Office Assistant. Normally on other versions of Office I've used, in the Help Help pane there is the option to Show Office Assistant, but I do not have this option. I'd like to make use of Office Assistant, is there a way of installing it or is it not part of the Teachers' edition suite? Thanks in advance Hi Bobby! The only difference between the Student and Teacher (aka Academic) Edition is the terms of the licence. Office Assistant is an option. Close down your computer...

CRM Field Names

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

Client Action Logging
Is there any convenient way to log client actions when they connect via RPC? I've searched every log I can find and every logging option I can find (POP3, IMAP4, etc.). No attempt to reveal this information has succeeded. I've found no obvious option that does this We are using Exchange 5.5 and Oulook clients. We have been receiving reports that messages are being sent from our users but not getting delivered until the next day. I've looked at the smpt logs and, in some circumstances, DNS and various other errors do occur. Those are easily verified. What I cannot do ...

CRM and MapPoint

Reset CRM

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

when I try to run detect and repair, windows installer comes up
and asks for the office cd, however when I put it in, it never loads , so how do I run it??? I have office 2000 and win xp pro You can also insert your CD, start setup and choose Repair then. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message news:u0nlBvBsEHA.2776@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > and asks for the office cd, however when I put it in, it never loads , so > how do I run it??? I have office 2000 and ...

CRM registration can not be done!

Migrating CRM to CRM

Great Plains Client Installation Options? (Questions)
My company has almost 100 client installs of Great Plains. For the initial install we installed everything to the local c: drive (C:\Great Plains\). Now everytime we go to perform an upgrade we have to go to every client machine and upgrade them individually (or at least make sure that machine has recieved the updated files correctly). We also have a script that on login copies down needed files and that helps alot. However this is my question: Is there something that prevents me from having all the clients look to a shared (UNC) path for their data files. (//machinename/shareddrive...

PDF's not traking in crm

hq client--can't recognize store id or password
we use hq and store ops at our main warehouse. the computer that has hq client on it died so we had to buy a new one (the main database is safe on a different cpu). so, after setting up the new computer and installing store ops and hq client on it, when we try to connect i get an error saying: "Message contained an invalid Store ID/Connection Password. Message was not accepted." I had to install hq client on another computer just so we can communicate, but I need to get things working on this particular computer as it is used most often. I've already completely uninstalled all ...

Crm grid error

Upgrading to CRM 3.0 Problems

CRM 3.0 Changing CRM Mailbox
When I installed CRM/the Email router, I specified it to use the administrator mailbox. I now want to move it to a dedicated CRM mailbox, where cna I find this setting if it's not under Settings/Organisation Settings/System Settings/Email ?? Thanks Hi Adam, I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exchange Email Router -> Rule Deployment Wizard to update the mailbox information. Make sure the logon to start that email router Service able to access that mailbox. Darren Darren Liu wrote: > Hi Adam, > > I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exch...

Announcements in Crm
Can u set it that announcements shows to all users when they log on,as there is no workflow for announcements. is there any way to intergrate a ticker at the bottom of Crm to show information? not without making unsupported changes to the announcement section. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Zombie9" <Zombie9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0ED5A80-84DE-42E3-BDD2-9D25CD846E93@microsoft.com... > Can u set it that announcements shows to all users when they log on,as > there > is no w...

Import Error CRM 3.0 German
I am running German version of CRM 3.0 and for testing purposes we're trying to import just 6 adresses from an Excel sheet. But every import fails with the message: "Daten in der Zeile stimmen nicht mit dem Importtyp überein" "0x8004032d" We already reformatted the Excel sheet, we exported the stuff into: - txt, tabulator-splitted - csv, splitcharacter splitted, everythings fails, we are nor able to import those adresses into register "company" (Firma) Someone got an idea why? Thanks in advance for any hint, greets Tom hi Tom, check your datatype, is...

Re: server and client threads #2
On 2/3/2005 1:48 PM, RSN_@_COMCAST.NET wrote to ALL: -> When you spawn the child thread you ordinarily pass it a parameter. -> What I do is make that parameter a pointer to the instance of the -> server class that spawned the child. That way, the child can easily -> notify its parent about any special events that may be useful. -> Termination is one such case! I also find it very useful to send a -> stream of diagnostic and debugging information to the parent who can -> display it, log it, or ignore it depending on circumstances. Good point. Now since my server thread...

CRM undelete?
We had a user who deleted an entire account, and so now I'm trying to rebuild that since it all remains on SQL. I was able to bring back the account, and all its contacts and opportunities, and they all linked fine. I also brought back all the activities, but they are not linked to the account. When I do an advanced search, I can find this activities and it shows that it IS part of that account, but when I go to that account and look in the history, they are not there. After a quick check, apparently they need to be associated in the ActivityPartyBase table in MSCRM. This is where I hav...