CRM Cisco call connector

I've installed Cisco's Unified call connector 4.0.3 on our CRM 4.0 server,
and the client on my PC. The client is talking to the server OK as it will
search for a phone number and pick out the relevent Contact details from the
Server. However When I click the Dial button ( from my client ) on a contact
, the webpage it brings up is an http://localhost:5556............ . Question
is why is my client looking for a localhost page, is there a config somewhere
that i've missed that should be pointing it to the CRM server or Cisco
Callmanager?
0
R (97)
7/14/2008 3:40:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

For anyone who might hit the same problem......
I got this resolved locally by tracking down one of our CRM consultants. He
exported the isv.config modified it from pointing to localhost to
<dynamics_server_name> and re-imported it. It then miraculously all burst
into life.

"Colin R" wrote:

> I've installed Cisco's Unified call connector 4.0.3 on our CRM 4.0 server,
> and the client on my PC. The client is talking to the server OK as it will
> search for a phone number and pick out the relevent Contact details from the
> Server. However When I click the Dial button ( from my client ) on a contact
> , the webpage it brings up is an http://localhost:5556............ . Question
> is why is my client looking for a localhost page, is there a config somewhere
> that i've missed that should be pointing it to the CRM server or Cisco
> Callmanager?
0
ColinR (1)

Subtract dates in phone call entity
hi the phone call entity has two dates - actual start and actual end there is also a field called duration can someone please help me with a code which subtracts the actual end from the actual start to give the duration in minutes. thanks in advance regards Ridhima Hi Ridhima, Look at "Calculating durations" in http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS12. Simply modify the script to fit your needs. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.co...

CRM Mobile Registration Error
Hello All, I work for a Microsoft partner in the Atlanta area, and I've been tasked with testing CRM before we put it into production. I've hit a brick wall with CRM Mobile 3.0, and I'm hoping someone might be able to help, or point me in the right direction for this issue. The situation now: We use Small Business Server 2003 Premium SP1 in our production environment, so I'm also using it in my test environment. The test environment consists of the server and two laptops, and is connected to the internet, although its external URL uses a redirection service: fakename.no-ip.o...

Outlook Problem CRM 4.0
After installing the outlook client, the inbox sometimes "hangs". What means: no new emails are shown and/or you can't delete emails. any ideas or is it just another bug? Hi Gregor- Check this out and see if this works for you: http://blogs.msdn.com/benlec/ Thanks! Shawn Dieken "Gregor" wrote: > After installing the outlook client, the inbox sometimes "hangs". > What means: no new emails are shown and/or you can't delete emails. > > any ideas or is it just another bug? Hi Shwan, thank you for the link, really good to know. But its not...

Passing parameters to CRM form from custom aspx
HI all. I'm playing with CRM 3.0. I have a test task to see what can I do and can not. Here it is: I want to import accounts from another CRM (our old CRM) via custom aspx form. User will select accounts from our old CRM database, view retrieved information and then populate it to account form where he will just click "save" to save imported info about account. I have my problems here - I don't know how to pass parameters from my aspx to account form where user can see information about account, validate/edit it and then press "save". There isn't a good way...

Call Shell wait before finish
Hello, I have a command... Call Shell("Run.bat", 1) .. .. .. The Shell command will call another program to run. I would like the VBA to wait until the program finish running before execute the next command. How can I do this? thank you! Boon Boon wrote: > The Shell command will call another program to run. I would like the VBA to > wait until the program finish running before execute the next command. How > can I do this? > > thank you! > Boon > > Try this: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ShellAndWait.aspx Here&#...

Requirements for customizing interfaces to CRM
First, I barely know how to spell "CRM", sop I apologize if this question has been asked before! We are considering using Microsoft's CRM at our office with SQL2000. We have a contract programmer developing an additional 'Commisions' reporting module for our financial needs. We will need to have that module push and pull information out of CRM, but also we will need to extend the database information maintained in the CRM database. Does Microsoft allow this type of customization top the CRM database/package? And if so, are there additional costs involved (for SDK, servi...

Autocorrection for MS CRM description fields
Hi, Is there an auto correction add-on available for MS CRM 4.0 description fields? Thanks ia., Jorn Not that I'm aware of, but I believe there are spell checkers available from at least 2 ISV (that I know of). Both are free utilities. Not sure if they have been updated for 4.0: http://www.cwrmobility.com/ http://www.c360.com/ ...

MS CRM Employment Questions.
I have been working with Microsoft CRM 3.0 for about 6 months and have become fairly familiar with the tool as I am the only person doing any customizations in my organization and working closely with our Network Admin. I enjoy working with tool and was curious as to what opportunities people have found or are aware of. I work for a small company in Northern VA / DC Area and wear many hats including Release Manager and Product Manager but was interested in possibly doing this full time? Where would I start? Thanks! On Dec 14 2006, 11:55 am, socalcrm <socal...@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Daft CRM 3.0 Case Question
Hello All, Can anyone answer the following question? Why does the auto generated case number in CRM 3.0 follow the format...'CAS-nnnnn-aaaaa' where n = numbers and a = alphas? what is the reasoning behind the additional 'aaaaa' suffix? and is it possible to remove it from being generated? i do not understand why the auto generated number was changed from the previous style, what purpose does the 'aaaaa' have apart from causing confusion when a customer calls are recites their stupidly long case number. Thanks for any replies. B Bill, I can't help you ...

Detect host of script calling a WSC
Hello, I have hundred of VBScripts and JScript scripts calling one WSC. The calling scripts are started with CScript or WScript as required in the current environment. The WSC starts helper VBScripts using shell.Run("scriptname.vbs"). Until WSH 5.6 these Scripts have been started with the same scripting host, that has been used from the outer scripts. Starting with WSH 5.7 the shell.Run() behaves different. It always use WScript as a host. I can not change the outer VBScripts for several reason, so I can't add a property to the WSC to pass the calling WScript...

accessing CRM Reports outside domain
Hi, if a crm web site is published to some exteral url like(crm.xyz.com) and when we try to access reports , usually it doest run reports with success .We always get error (resouce not found).. I believe that we need to publish the Default web site where we have the virtual directories of reports. But would there be two different Url ? one for accessing CRM and one for accessing Reports? Is there any way , we can access reports inside CRM without logging on to domain? Example non-production: I can access Reports outside domain by typing something like (http:// 10.xx.xx.xxx/Reports/Page...

CRM "Service Unavailable" message
I am attempting to get CRM to run on a machine here but every request just returns a "Service Unavailable" message. IIS is running, the CRM services are running, the CRM application pool is running so as far as I can see there is no obvious reason for it to whinge like this. In the IIS error logs I see messages of the form; [date/time] [ips] 80 HTTP/1.1 GET / 503 1914495236 AppOffline but no indication of what the application is that is 'offline'. Changing ie to always prompt for a username and password has no effect the user always gets a "Service unavailable"...

Exchange 2003 + Out 2K3 with connector Pop 3
I have one server windows 2003 with exchange 2003. I have xx pc with windows Xp pro and Outlook 2003. When i send a mail i choose when account send my mail, if a mail for toto@wanadoo.fr i use a pop account, and if i send a mail for user exchange i choose exchange account. But i have a problem when i send a mail with email address and exchange account, i choose a pop account for send mail, but a exchange account does not receive this mails. And when i have choose a exchange account for send this mail, the mails cannot send whis this account. what solution ?? Thank you GARREC Yann ygar...

Install CRM 4.0 with CRM 3.0 licences + upgrage
Dear all, my customer has bought licenses for CRM 3.0 and then the upgrade to 4.0. Can we now install directly the 4.0 with the latest licenses or are we forced to pass through the 3.0 installation and then upgrade it? Many thanks in advance Bye ale Yes "locatao" <locatao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02CE8EF6-8557-47E1-BF94-0116073098B8@microsoft.com... > Dear all, > my customer has bought licenses for CRM 3.0 and then the upgrade to 4.0. > Can we now install directly the 4.0 with the latest licenses or are we > forced to pass through the 3...

CRM Mobile 1.2 and territory codes
By default when choosing Terrirtory Code as a criteria in a CRM Mobile Accounts form the only choice is "default value". How can this list be populated with the correct value of Territories? ...

viewing crm emails in Outlook inbox
In crm 1.2 when a workflow fired off an email message it was sent to the recipients CRM and Outlook inbox, it appears as 3.0 doesn't do the same. Is there a way to get the email messages generated by a workflow in the CRM to appear in the recipients inbox. My issue is that people are not keen at having to track email messages in two places and they don't want to use CRM as there main interface for emails. Thanks, John ...

Outlook crashes when exiting
Hi We have just installed CRM 4 today. I have the CRM Outlook client installed for Outlook 2007. It worked ok for about 4 hours and then when I exited Outlook, Outlook crashes. When I run it again it asks if it should disable the CRM addin. If I say no then it starts the addin and sits waiting for 30 seconds approx at Updating Timezone Information, then connects ok. Then when I exit Outlook... it crashes again. I looked at the Event log and noticed lots of MSCRM errors.. not all the time but every so often. I have saved these and the log can be founf here: https://teqdis-public.s3.ama...

Unable to install CRM 3.0 client on Outlook 2003
I originally attempted to install the CRM 3.0 laptop client for Outlook 2003 on a standalone WinXP machine at a customer's home office (in a workgroup; not joined to the customer's domain). Received the following error message after the first list of missing components were successfully added during the installation prerequisite phase: ================ "Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Common.Analyzer+CollectAction failed. %1 is not a valid Win32 application." ================ Pressing the "Ignore" button at this prompt results in the following message: "Data P...

Format of date field in CRM
I have just created an email template in CRM. I have put a date field that is specified as "date only" in the schema but when it is mail merged the date and time appears in the email. Is there a way to format these fields on merge ie only the date? I am aware that I could push the fields contents into a redundant text field "on save" and then hide the field "on load" but thought there may be a way to format these fields. ...

CRM 3.0 Enhancements
I'm preparing training documentation to highlight the enhancements/changes from CRM 1.2 to 3.0. I've been unable to find a single document that outlines the changes. Does something like this exist? I apologize in advance if this has already been asked. Hello Donna, does this help? http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/product/whatsnew.mspx ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Donna Sharp" <DonnaSharp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA8C8A32-5D30-447F-9B87-3BCF3897E232@...

is it possible to see an incoming phone call id in an excel cell?.
is it possible to see an incoming phone call id in an excel cell?... i ve caller id display installed on my phone line i can see the caller id on bt's little box also i ve tried few programs that gets caller id using modem info. but all these dont (cant) connect caller id infoin an excel cell which then retrieves info about customer who ownes the number. thanks ray Hi so you want a CTI solution? Never did this with Excel but as so many things it should be possible :-) - First it depends on your telephone system. What telephone solution are you using - If this is a professional telephon...

Role of CRM Application in Small Business
Provides overview on the need for crm application for small businesses and also gives guidelines for choosing right crm application http://flying-rugs.com/crm/CRM.html ...

Knowledge Base in CRM 3.0
Hi, In MSFT CRM, is it possible to set some approval rule before the article being published? Let say user A create the article and submit it. Once it's being submitted, there is a group of people who can review this article. Then this group of people can approve/reject it. Is it possible? I did not see the WF associated with article/KB. Another problem that i face, after i publish the article, when i browse to KB> search and choose full text search, keyword search, title search for the article that i just created, i could not find the article at all. I can find my solution if ...

Outlook CRM Add-in won't load
I tried to "go online" this morning with my laptop like I do most mornings, but this time it gave me an error. While I am able to use the web client, I am unable to pull up CRM from within Outlook. I tried to delete the CRM add-in and add it back, clear the forms cache, etc, but nothing seems to work. I no longer am able to get the CRM add-in to load at all or get the toolbar. Does anyone have any suggestions? try removing the addin again from outlook and shut down outlook go the the directory where the addin file is located which is something like c:\program files\mic...

NetworkInformationException when calling GetAllNetworkInterfaces from a windows service
Hi News Group, I'm writing some code that discovers network interfaces and devices. It works correct when executed in a console application (managed) but it fails when executed from a managed windows service. The service is configured to run as local service so I guess that is enough permission to perform the operations. Does anybody know how to discover network info from a windows service and why my code does fail ??? See stack for info. Even though it's managed code I know that the underlying function is pure win api and the source of the error. System.Ne...