CRM Calendar

With the calendar in CRM are you able to link that with
the users exchange calendar so events appear in both?
0
leon
9/7/2004 5:49:39 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Cannot Create _MSCRMDistribution database when i reinstall CRM
Hi, I built a front end CRM Server, using the 5 license keys MSDN_Subscriber. Had to uninstall this and reinstall CRM as we had another 25 licenses under the name of our company. Problem is, i've reinstalled CRM and the new organization key, everything looks and works absolutely fine, however there are only three databases, the companyname_MSCRMDistribution is missing. So... Gone into Deployment Manager>Servers Manager>Configure SQL Server which is supposed to create this database? I just get an error in the event log: Source: DMSNAPIN Event ID: 0 dmLog: Failed to execute t...

Problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0
Hi, group, I have problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0 I have the e-mail router and the test is OK. I see the folowing error in the Server: (Some words are in Spanish) Thanks in advance..! ERROR FROM EVENT LOG Tipo de suceso: Advertencia Origen del suceso: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Categor�a del suceso: Evento Web Id. suceso: 1309 Fecha: 02/11/2008 Hora: 11:47:01 Usuario: No disponible Equipo: SERVER02 Descripci�n: C�digo de evento: 3005 Mensaje de evento: Excepci�n no controlada. Tiempo de evento: 02/11/2008 11:47:01 Tiempo de evento (UTC): 02/11...

Custom Proposal Template in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0
Hi What is the easiest way to create, print (..attach to an email message...) a custom proposal template in MS CRM 3.0? Thanks Jary ...

Calendar Printing Assistant-won't update
Besides my own Outlook 2007 calendar, I am also the "owner" of a public calendar to which several others have editing privileges. I can add and change appointments to the public calendar, but when I go to print it, my updates are not there even though they are visible on my Outlook screen. What can I do to get CPA to print the updated appointments? My understanding is that CPA does not handle merged calendars very well. You may want to consider using a Outlook Calendar printing app called Wincalendar instead. It allows you to render your Outlook calendar in various...

Importing MYSQL databases into CRM 3.0
Hi, Our website portal - an ecommerce store that offers consumer electronics are built on a MYSQL database. We will like to import our Website customer database into CRM 3.0 on a daily basis. Benefit, 1) When customers email us, we can check the history of its purchases (mapped to email address), time of purchases, date of shipment with a click of a button. Is this possible with Microsoft CRM 3.0; if so, is it a easy task that can be dealt with on a daily basis or can be scheduled and automated? thanks Alan Only possible by either buying a 3rd party solution like those from ...

CRM 4.0 upgrade questions
Hi all, Now that we're all upgraded to CRM 4.0, questions have popped up: - Can one move the folders in the CRM Outlook client around, like Explorer folders? This was possible in 3.0. - Company information of Contacts in Outlook is supposed to synchronize now with CRM but it does not. I made sure the necessary checkbox is checked in CRM --> Options. This worked fine in a 4.0 test environment. - I know only 1 PC can be the sync PC with CRM but I wonder if a Citrix client can be a sync PC as well, in addition to a physical PC. - This is question for 3.0 and 4.0: We have a new custom ent...

time based calendar editing
am wondering how i can get the functionality to do time based calendar editing with outlook and exchange. We want to be able to create a calendar which is only edited by one person and has a small handfull of people set as reviewer. The person set as editor can only edit during certain times of day but cannot edit during other times of the day. We tried blocking off a section of time, as an appointment, in outlook and marked it as busy. That will stop items sent as meeting requests but won't stop the editor from opening up the resource calendar directly and placing another appo...

Populating 7 day calendar with information
I wish to add a 7 day calendar to the switch board form, but I'd like to populate each of the day boxes with fields from a query. In essence the query locates things to do in the week. For ease of the user i'd like them to be able to see a 7 day calendar with the fields "ownerid","make","model" based upon the value in "next_due" (eg "next_due" is during that week) Thank you A Flex Grid Control will probably do what you want. Have a look at - http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/Otherdownload.asp?SampleName='Flex%20Grid%20Demo.m...

Customizing History View CRM 4.0
Customizing different Fields in Microsoft CRM 4.0 is very simple and easy. I would like to customize the HISTORY section included for accounts, contacts, leads, etc... Is there any way to customize this section so when you view an email under History you can see From who and To who rather than what they have defaulted in there? Thanks On Jan 23, 7:56=A0am, Geoff <Ge...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Customizing different Fields in Microsoft CRM 4.0 is very simple and easy= .. =A0I > would like to customize the HISTORY section included for accounts, contac= ts, > lea...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 product catalog and price list
Hi I'm new to Microsoft CRM and am trying to create a price list and product catalogue. I seem to be getting confused a lot on this and would appreciate any help I can get to make this easier to do. Thanks -- MaryGail After creating the Price List "header", you then create products and from there add price lists to the product, including the prices. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "MaryGail" <MaryGail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A19C4231-96BA-4AE2-9AF7-9B63D0BBCF24@microsoft.com... Hi I'm new to Microsoft CRM and am trying to...

Do I need to be inside the intranet to be able to use the new CRM Office 2007 client
Hi All: This is the scenario: A CRM USer, that has no access to the corp network (obviously his laptop neither), needs to use the client with Office 2007. When I try to test the escenario from outside the INtranet, I cannot specify a username and password. Cause I tried the installation, I am getting this warning "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted." Any ideas? THANK YOU Alejandro Leguizamo SQL Server MVP Hi Alejandro, You need to be connected to the domain to setup the client, either in the corporate network or through a VPN connectio...

Export Data from MS-CRM
Is there a way to export all of the data from MS-CRM? Thats a rather general question,......you mean export to another CRM system or just export into another medium? For the most part, most areas have that little excel icon so that you can export into excel...... or you can go into the SQL server and use the export wizard, although I don't think its going to be what you want,....for the most part it will be raw data and you'll have to recreate the relationships and primary fields to see how the objects relate.......... -Gary "John O'Keefe" <jokeefe@finepoint.com...

Can't save item in Calendar
I use Outlook to track client dates, etc. I tried to save one tonight and it wouldn't let me save it. Is there a limit of the number of items you can save in a calendar? Help. Thank you. safetymom123 <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote: > I use Outlook to track client dates, etc. I tried to save one > tonight and it wouldn't let me save it. Is there a limit of the > number of items you can save in a calendar? Help. Thank you. Define "wouldn't let". A calendar can hold at least 65,000 items in any version of Outlook from the last eight years. -...

General placement of CRM in enterprise
I am investingating MS CRM for my business. We are looking to replace a in-house developed system that handles sales and account management. This includes initial contacts, sales (registrations) and payments and account balances. There are a number of transactions, such as cancellations, transfers, discounts etc. that we would need to handle. I have been having a hard time defining exactly what MS CRM will do from the standard web sites. Where is the documentation, etc.? Thank you for any help you can provide. Tom ...

Sending emails through CRM
currently using two CRM deployments (3.0). First CRM instance is routing through exchange - second CRM server is routing through the first CRM server to send outgoing emails and keeping getting error messages: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." Do both servers have to route directly to exchange seperately? Check the first CRM instance in IIS and ensure that the Virtual SMTP server is allowing the second CRM instance to route through it. -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "LisaG" wrote: > currently usi...

Read all Fileds/Columns from an CRM Object
Hallo NG, I have a little porblem with my Application. I try to Show an CheckBoxList with all Columns, which exist in the Object CRM Account or CRM Contact. This is very easy as long the CRM only have standard fileds like name, accountnumber or something. But when the CRM have fileds like CFSManager, I can't use this stanard schema, because this filed also schould be show. So is there any possibility, to get the all fileds, which an CRM Object has via Web Serivce or Database? Thanks for help, Andre Grumbach Andre, The p_GetEntityAttributes 'entity' stored procedure (in the Met...

CRM Email Router problem
When I run the CRM Email router on our SBS 2003 R2 server the following error occurs immediately without delay: Incoming Status: Failure - The remote server returned an error: (440) Login Timeout. Heres the error fro mthe event viewer: #26090 - An error occurred while opening mailbox support@domain.com. System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (440) Login Timeout. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.HttpDavRequest.SubmitXmlCommand(HttpWebRequest httpWebRequest, String body) at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Provide...

Download or Synch Windows Live Calendar to Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have been able to download my mail from hotmail to Entourage by adding an account. However, I have not figured out how to download the Windows live calendar, or I don't see how to view it. Is there a way to view/update my Windows Live Calendar in Entourage? On Nov 28, 8:44=A0pm, Mon...@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: I= ntel Email Client: pop I have been able to download my mail from hotmail to= Entourage by add...

looking for contact by calendar appointment...?
looking for contact by calendar appointment... i like the activity tab in contacts, but i would also like to look through my calendar for any past and future appointments.. is this possible... thank you. No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, mjschukas asked: | looking for contact by calendar appointment...? | | i like the activity tab in contacts, but...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Problem with CRM Laptop Client for Outlook
I have installed the Laptop Client with the Rollup Patch and the Daylight Savings Time update on the client. The CRM Email Router is also installed, configured and working. When ever I open Outlook, I get a message that says "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator." When I click ok, I get the following message: "An error occured loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator ...

Tracking Outlook Appointment in CRM
User selected the Appointment, Track in CRM, selected the Contact to relate and Save and Close, then would get the following error: An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft RM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. This item has been saved to Microsoft Outlook but is not being tracked in Microsoft CRM. After many times back and forth with support, the problem turned out to be that the Role the User was assigned to had been a NEW Role that we created and somehow it became corrupt. We determined that s...

How to disabel "Excel" export button in CRM
Hi All, Dose anybody know how to get rid off the EXCEL button that exist in many forms in CRM, For security reason, we don't want user can export company's data to EXCL file and take it away. Thank you Hi, in the following source file : inetpub\wwwroot\_grid\action.js locate the following function : function exportToExcel(sGridName, sObjId) comment the call to the printGrid function //printGrid(sGridName, sObjId, true); and add the following statement : window.alert ("Export functionnalities has been denied to you."); hth, -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft France ----...

Formatting Mandatory Field in whole CRM
In MS CRM 3.0 all mandatory fields have a descripion bolded and in red in MS CRM 4.0 we have a small red plus. Do you know how change it globally (i dont want to do this via onLoad script) in whole CRM. Client want to have the same formatting for mandatory field like in version 3. The red bolding in CRM3.0 was accomplished through Cascading Style Sheets in the CRMWeb folder where the class "req" was defined to bold and color the text. You can see an example of this in Form.css for the TD.req tag. ...

CRM weakness ???
I would like to know if the following is a setup issue or CRM weakness : When I try to attach a CRM activity from outlook crm toolbar to "Account/Contact/Opportunity" using the regarding field from Sales for outlook,I click on the lookup I receive also Disabled Account/contact as well as closed opportunity.Whereas when I do the same thing from the sales for outlook but I chose activity from the crm and not the crm toolbar I don't have disabled Account/Contact or closed opportunity. thank you. Yara: There does seem to be some inconsistencies as to how inactive objects ...