CRM and MSFT Project

We are thinking about grouping our CRM and a MSFT Project  on the same
server.  Anybody have any thoughts on this?  Good or bad idea on our part??

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

This all depends on the use of both products and the specs of the server. In
general, I would not advice this, but it should be possible.

Kind regards,
Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"B. Scott" wrote:

> We are thinking about grouping our CRM and a MSFT Project  on the same
> server.  Anybody have any thoughts on this?  Good or bad idea on our part??

Thank you Ronald...I will pass that on to our systems admin  person.

-b

"Ronald Lemmen" wrote:

> This all depends on the use of both products and the specs of the server. In
> general, I would not advice this, but it should be possible.
>
> Kind regards,
> Ronald Lemmen
> Avanade Netherlands
>
> "B. Scott" wrote:
>
> > We are thinking about grouping our CRM and a MSFT Project  on the same
> > server.  Anybody have any thoughts on this?  Good or bad idea on our part??

CRM Field Names

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

Reset CRM

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

CRM registration can not be done!

Migrating CRM to CRM

PDF's not traking in crm

Crm grid error

Upgrading to CRM 3.0 Problems

CRM 3.0 Changing CRM Mailbox
When I installed CRM/the Email router, I specified it to use the administrator mailbox. I now want to move it to a dedicated CRM mailbox, where cna I find this setting if it's not under Settings/Organisation Settings/System Settings/Email ?? Thanks Hi Adam, I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exchange Email Router -> Rule Deployment Wizard to update the mailbox information. Make sure the logon to start that email router Service able to access that mailbox. Darren Darren Liu wrote: > Hi Adam, > > I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exch...

Announcements in Crm
Can u set it that announcements shows to all users when they log on,as there is no workflow for announcements. is there any way to intergrate a ticker at the bottom of Crm to show information? not without making unsupported changes to the announcement section. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Zombie9" <Zombie9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0ED5A80-84DE-42E3-BDD2-9D25CD846E93@microsoft.com... > Can u set it that announcements shows to all users when they log on,as > there > is no w...

Import Error CRM 3.0 German
I am running German version of CRM 3.0 and for testing purposes we're trying to import just 6 adresses from an Excel sheet. But every import fails with the message: "Daten in der Zeile stimmen nicht mit dem Importtyp überein" "0x8004032d" We already reformatted the Excel sheet, we exported the stuff into: - txt, tabulator-splitted - csv, splitcharacter splitted, everythings fails, we are nor able to import those adresses into register "company" (Firma) Someone got an idea why? Thanks in advance for any hint, greets Tom hi Tom, check your datatype, is...

CRM undelete?
We had a user who deleted an entire account, and so now I'm trying to rebuild that since it all remains on SQL. I was able to bring back the account, and all its contacts and opportunities, and they all linked fine. I also brought back all the activities, but they are not linked to the account. When I do an advanced search, I can find this activities and it shows that it IS part of that account, but when I go to that account and look in the history, they are not there. After a quick check, apparently they need to be associated in the ActivityPartyBase table in MSCRM. This is where I hav...

HELP! Design Review & Risk Management topics (in ASP projects) required
Hi, I have to take 2 one hour sessions on the following topics: * Project Design Review * Project Risk Management Can you please recommend any topics/examples/case studies for the same? Any help will be much appreciated. On 9/6/2010 8:12 AM, gangestech wrote: > Hi, > > I have to take 2 one hour sessions on the following topics: > > * Project Design Review > * Project Risk Management > > Can you please recommend any topics/examples/case studies for the same? > > Any help will be much appreciated. > <http://www.dofactory.com/Fra...

Migrate CRM Data from CRM Server to another CRM Server
we have a staging and a production CRM server and i'd like to migrate the Production server data to the staging server database. Can anyone recommend a tool or process that i can that doesn't involve rebuilding the staging server? thanks Please ignore - looks like Data Migration Framework is the way to go, based on other posts "Eve" wrote: > we have a staging and a production CRM server and i'd like to migrate the > Production server data to the staging server database. Can anyone recommend a > tool or process that i can that doesn't involve rebuildi...

Import Contacts from Outlook to CRM 3
Has anyone been able to do this successfully? Route we've been going is: Export from Outlook to csv Try to import csv have countless error messages (usually the number of columns in the rows is different than number in hearder row). This seems to be because outlook exports address fields with Return characters between lines - but even stripping these out we still have lots or problems (e.g. "source file is corrupt") messages Anyone? You will get the source files is corrupt type messages if you data contains weird characters. I would export to a csv then import into ex...

Problems with CRM 3.0 Reports
Hi, I am having problems opening reports from the web client direct from the CRM server. When i ckick reports either in My Workplace the following message occurs: Reports.config has invalid schema, and could not be loaded. Any ideas what might be the problem? Note: I have not implemented Microsoft CRM myself, but one of our partners, so I know little about the install process. Hi, If you are running sqlserver 2005, the following could help: - log on to your server - start - all programs - microsoft sql server 2005 - configuration tools - reporting services configuration - connect to...

CRM to CRM Data Migration
I'm trying to migrate data from CRM on one server to another. From all of the post, I know that I need to use the DMF but the issue that I'm having is how to resolve the data type problems specifically with the IDs. As yo probably know, CRM uses a unique identifer while CDF uses an INT. Any ideas on how to resolve this problem? Thanks. Keith ...

Moving CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0 clean installl
Hi, We have a CRM1.2 system we've been using for a while which contains a lot of data. We've been unable to upgrade it to CRM3 as the upgrade continually fails. As an alternative, we've now setup a CRM 3 server from scratch and recreated all of the customisations on this. We now need a way to get the data from CRM 1.2 to the fresh CRM3 server without losing any data/links etc.. Is there any easy way to do this? Some of the fields in CRM3 have slightly different names to their corresponding ones in CRM 1.2 but we know the mappings required in most cases. We need to get al...