CRM and Exchange 10-22-03

I am having trouble with the connection between my CRM server and the
Exchange Router.  I get the following error posted to the Event Log when I
try to send an e-mail:

MSCRM Platform Error Report:

----------------------------

Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An
error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : Could not connect to
host</details><file>D:\mscrm\Build\3017\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil

Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.

Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : Could
not connect to host

Source File: D:\mscrm\Build\3017\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h

Line Number: 47

Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

   at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.Execute()

completedSynchronously)

I have checked the URL setting in the Registry on the CRM server, and this
looks as expected, though if I try to browse to this URL with IE, I get a
message stating that I should use an https prefix.  Is this normal?

0
Rob
10/22/2003 12:36:26 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Rob,

It sounds like you have SSL on your Exchange box.  MS currently doesn't
support this config.  It has to do with needing to route the request to a
different port and the App can't handle that.

Matt

"Rob Hewes" <Rob@work.com> wrote in message
[...]

10/22/2003 2:30:56 PM
Matt and Rob

MS have documented a way to use SSL on CRM which is an article on the
greatplains partnersource support site. If you dont have access let me know
and i will post it

"Matt Parks" <Matt.Parks@removetoX_XRevereGroup.Com> wrote in message
> Rob,
>
> It sounds like you have SSL on your Exchange box.  MS currently doesn't
> support this config.  It has to do with needing to route the request to a
> different port and the App can't handle that.
>
> Matt
>
> "Rob Hewes" <Rob@work.com> wrote in message
> I am having trouble with the connection between my CRM server and the
> Exchange Router.  I get the following error posted to the Event Log when I
> try to send an e-mail:
>
> MSCRM Platform Error Report:

> ----------------------------
>
> Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An
> error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : Could not connect to

host</details><file>D:\mscrm\Build\3017\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil

> Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.
>

> Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : Could
> not connect to host
>

> Source File: D:\mscrm\Build\3017\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h
>

> Line Number: 47
>

> Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
>
>    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
>
>    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
>
>    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
>
>    at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.Execute()
>
>    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&
> completedSynchronously)
>
> I have checked the URL setting in the Registry on the CRM server, and this
> looks as expected, though if I try to browse to this URL with IE, I get a
> message stating that I should use an https prefix.  Is this normal?

0
John
10/22/2003 3:11:38 PM
John - if you can forward a copy that would be great.

Thanks

robert.hewes@ccsit.co.uk

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:%23Y9ZL7KmDHA.3024@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Matt and Rob
>
> MS have documented a way to use SSL on CRM which is an article on the
> greatplains partnersource support site. If you dont have access let me
know
> and i will post it
>

> "Matt Parks" <Matt.Parks@removetoX_XRevereGroup.Com> wrote in message
> > Rob,
> >
> > It sounds like you have SSL on your Exchange box.  MS currently doesn't
> > support this config.  It has to do with needing to route the request to
> > different port and the App can't handle that.
> >
> > Matt
> >
> > "Rob Hewes" <Rob@work.com> wrote in message
> > I am having trouble with the connection between my CRM server and the
> > Exchange Router.  I get the following error posted to the Event Log when
> > try to send an e-mail:
> >
> > MSCRM Platform Error Report:

> > ----------------------------
> >
> > Error: <description>An unexpected error
occurred.</description><details>An
> > error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : Could not connect to

host</details><file>D:\mscrm\Build\3017\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil

> > Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.
> >

> > Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email :
Could
> > not connect to host
> >

> > Source File: D:\mscrm\Build\3017\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h
> >

> > Line Number: 47
> >

> > Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
> >
> >    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
> >
> >    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
> >
> >    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
> >
> >    at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.Execute()
> >
> >    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
Boolean&
> > completedSynchronously)
> >
> > I have checked the URL setting in the Registry on the CRM server, and
this
> > looks as expected, though if I try to browse to this URL with IE, I get
> > message stating that I should use an https prefix.  Is this normal?

0
Rob
10/22/2003 3:27:19 PM
hmmm - seems crm over ssl will not work well

Windows 2000 Certificate Services and Microsoft CRM

Printable Link
Email this link

Document ID: 31078
Date Created: 5/30/2003
Date Last Modified: 6/9/2003 2:46:48 PM
Language: English - United States
Country: USA
Product: Microsoft CRM
Versions: 1.0
Modules: Microsoft CRM Installation

Issue

Is it necessary to install Windows 2000 Certificate Services when installing
Microsoft Customer Relationship Management (CRM)?

Resolution

The installation of Windows 2000 Certificate Services is only required if
you intend to use a secure site for deploying Microsoft CRM (e.g.
https://crmservername).

Note - Exposing your Microsoft CRM web application on the internet is NOT
recommended under any circumstances, due to security issues.  Microsoft CRM
reports do not work with Secure Socket Layer (SSL).  Reports, due to a
required HTTP port 80 request in this version, will not work over an SSL
connection.   The Microsoft CRM application can be set up to work with SSL,
but please note that reports will not function.  Please consult the
Microsoft CRM Implementation Guide for details on the setup of SSL and
Microsoft ISA Server.

> John - if you can forward a copy that would be great.
>
> Thanks
>
> robert.hewes@ccsit.co.uk
>

> "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
> message news:%23Y9ZL7KmDHA.3024@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Matt and Rob
> >
> > MS have documented a way to use SSL on CRM which is an article on the
> > greatplains partnersource support site. If you dont have access let me
> know
> > and i will post it
> >

> > "Matt Parks" <Matt.Parks@removetoX_XRevereGroup.Com> wrote in message
> > > Rob,
> > >
> > > It sounds like you have SSL on your Exchange box.  MS currently
doesn't
> > > support this config.  It has to do with needing to route the request
> > > different port and the App can't handle that.
> > >
> > > Matt
> > >
> > > "Rob Hewes" <Rob@work.com> wrote in message
> > > I am having trouble with the connection between my CRM server and the
> > > Exchange Router.  I get the following error posted to the Event Log
when
> > > try to send an e-mail:
> > >
> > > MSCRM Platform Error Report:

> > --
> > > ----------------------------
> > >
> > > Error: <description>An unexpected error
> occurred.</description><details>An
> > > error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : Could not connect to

host</details><file>D:\mscrm\Build\3017\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil

> > > Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.
> > >

> > > Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email :
> Could
> > > not connect to host
> > >

> > > Source File:
D:\mscrm\Build\3017\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h

> > > Line Number: 47
> > >

> > > Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
> > >
> > >    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
> > >
> > >    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
> > >
> > >    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
> > >
> > >    at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.Execute()
> > >
> > >    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
> Boolean&
> > > completedSynchronously)
> > >
> > > I have checked the URL setting in the Registry on the CRM server, and
> this
> > > looks as expected, though if I try to browse to this URL with IE, I
get
> > > message stating that I should use an https prefix.  Is this normal?

0
John
10/22/2003 3:46:19 PM
John,

I think the problem Rob is having is that Exchange requires SSL.  This
article is geared towards CRM itself, which will work (as long as you don't
want reports ;-)  ).

I thought there was another article that indicated that the Exchange
Connector won't work if you have OWA setup to run with SSL. but I'm having
trouble finding it.

Rob:  Have you tried changing the URL setting to include https?

Matt

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:e6yYkOLmDHA.2416@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
hmmm - seems crm over ssl will not work well

Windows 2000 Certificate Services and Microsoft CRM

Printable Link
Email this link

Document ID: 31078
Date Created: 5/30/2003
Date Last Modified: 6/9/2003 2:46:48 PM
> [...]

> Could
> > > not connect to host
> > >

> > > Source File:
D:\mscrm\Build\3017\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h

> > > Line Number: 47
> > >

> > > Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
> > >
> > >    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
> > >
> > >    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
> > >
> > >    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
> > >
> > >    at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.Execute()
> > >
> > >    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
> Boolean&
> > > completedSynchronously)
> > >
> > > I have checked the URL setting in the Registry on the CRM server, and
> this
> > > looks as expected, though if I try to browse to this URL with IE, I
get
> > > message stating that I should use an https prefix.  Is this normal?

10/22/2003 4:29:50 PM
yeah i know

i had the same problem where my company had enabled ssl on the exchange
server...i definately found a long article explaining exactly how to do it
but cannot locate it now

> [...]
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > robert.hewes@ccsit.co.uk
> >

> > "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
> > message news:%23Y9ZL7KmDHA.3024@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > Matt and Rob
> > >
> > > MS have documented a way to use SSL on CRM which is an article on the
> > > greatplains partnersource support site. If you dont have access let me
> > know
> > > and i will post it
> > >

> > > "Matt Parks" <Matt.Parks@removetoX_XRevereGroup.Com> wrote in message

> doesn't

> when

> > > --

> > occurred.</description><details>An

host</details><file>D:\mscrm\Build\3017\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil

> > Could

> D:\mscrm\Build\3017\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h

Outlook 2003 hangs when checking Exchange credentials
I signed up for a hosted exchange service but couldn't get Outlook to connect to the Exchange server. I spent 3 hours on the phone testing lots of stuff with the support guys and we both determined that it had something to do with my connection to the server. I installed Outlook on a test computer on my network and it works fine. The only difference between the two computers is that I am running Spybot on my computer and not on the test computer. I shut down Spybot and still no luck. I am an Exchange newbie so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

mail Profile 04-04-10
Hi, I recently un-installed Office 2010 and leaving Office 2007 as my default. since then whenever I open Outlook I get the message :- The mail profile "Outlook" was created with a newer version of Outlook and might contain information that is not compatible with your current Outlook version. It then twitters on about how to create a new profile in Windows control panel. I don't have a problem with my Outlook profile but I can't see any way of telling Outlook that so I get this message every time I open outlook which is annoying. Any ideas on how to...

OWA setup for Exchange 2003
Hi...I have a few question regarding the setup for OWA Exchange 2003: 1) how many OWA IIS server should setup for 800 user accounts? what is the requirement? 2) Could I have some IIS server runining the SSL while the other server not? or running different SSL. Thanks, fshguo. I would set a total of two, one back end and front end(OWA dedicated) "fshguo" <fshguo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1126147486.927339.144230@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi...I have a few question regarding the setup for OWA Exchange 2003: > 1) how many OWA IIS server should setup for...

CRM Field Names

Upgrade to Exchange 2000 SP1
Hello All I need to upgrade SP 1 on Exchange 2000, I know don't know to do it. Thanks for your attention. You should be looking into SP3 and the latest Roll-up. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2000/sp3/default.asp http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E7AAA113-1403-4262-8269-4B2AB9AE5476&displaylang=en If this is a single server download and install. I would make sure Badmail is empty. Other than that nothing special in a single server enviroment well other than making sure your AV is up to date. If your using ADC and other stuff I'd r...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

What are Basic Routine and Major Issues for Exchange 5.5
Taking over System Admin position for Win2000/Exchange 5.5 network, 200 users with XP on the clients. Have been in other areas of IT for last 2 years. Could someone describe their basic daily/weekly routine with Exchange 5.5 and what are the top 10 major issues/challenges/peculiarities with Exchange 5.5 I don't have a top ten, although you can find lots of info on the many good Exchange blogs out there...there are things you might want to get into a routine of doing: checking event logs checking messaging queues watching disk space do test restores occasionally to a recovery server, t...

Exchange not routing our domain emails to the internet
Hi, I have just setup a small exhange server using SBS 2003. All the clients have an email address of the form user@mydomain.com.au. These emails are collected using the POP Connector then routed through exchange. However there are other offices which have emails addresses of the form user@mydomain.com.au and ofcourse when we send emails to those addresses it seems that exchange attempts to send it internally rather then externally. The message bounces back with the error: The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact th...

Reset CRM

Exchange 2007 AntiSpam
We have a user who is getting a LOT of SPAM. Many of these contain a specific word or words. I went into Exchange Management Console - Organization Configuration - Hub Transport - Anti-Spam - Content Filtering - Custom Words, and added the word(s) in question to the "blocked" section. This did not stop the messages with those words from being delivered. Is there something that I am missing here? I even tried rebooting the server but still get the SPAM. Thanks. On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 08:20:51 -0500, "Mark" <markl@csbonline.net> wrote: >We have...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

Seperation of Exchange from active directory
Hi all, we are having active directory integrated exchange server. Due to heavy load, now we want to seperate active directory and exchange server in 2 diferrent servers. Can any help me how to go about it. OS - 2K3 standard Exchange - 2k3 standard There is a good KB article for Nuevo's recommendation. The KB is KB822931 http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/822931 Don't forget to move your FSMO roles, DNS (if needed), etc. if you decide to remove the first DC. -- Bob Christian II MVP - LCS http://bobchristian.blogspot.com - Blog "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail...

CRM registration can not be done!

Migrating CRM to CRM

PDF's not traking in crm

Host Unreachable from exchange, but sending from yahoo mail works
Hello, in 5.5 Exchange Server Administrator, Internet Mail Server, Queues, Outbound Messages Waiting for Delivery... I have a few legitimate emails sitting there with the "Host Unreachable" message when looking at the details of the message. What could this mean? I am able to send email to these same domains using my yahoo account just fine. I turned on SMTO logging to max and now it shows up in the LOG file as such.... F:\exchsrvr\imcdata\log>grep hillnmarkes *.LOG L0000000.LOG:7/26/06 10:03:15 AM : 499 Host unreachable: hillnmarkes.com. Message subject: ""RE: test&...

Crm grid error

Upgrading to CRM 3.0 Problems

Exchange 2003 possible relay problem
Ok, I have migrated everything over to Exchange 2003, I have to wait till next week to go native, but for the most part everything is done. When I open up my queues I still see tons of queue with message that were not originated here or destined here. I originally thought I had a problem with the exchange 5.5 server relaying outside mail (like spam). One post mention that it should go away when I migrated to 2003. Well now it seems that it still is relaying. I see 71 queue right now, and not one of them is legitimate email for the company. A lot of them look like spam mail to an external addre...

formula problem #10
I would like to configure a percentage in an excel 2000 spreadsheet. Please email help topic answers to tracy@weathers.com or call at 804-861-1076 at extension 116. Thank you for your help, Tracy Pendergrass give an example of what you need. is it cell formating or the formula calc that you are having trouble with? >-----Original Message----- >I would like to configure a percentage in an excel 2000 >spreadsheet. Please email help topic answers to >tracy@weathers.com or call at 804-861-1076 at extension >116. > Thank you ...