CRM Alerts

This is a comment from one of our clients:

as for the alarms...we’re just working within Outlook right now...I just 
don’t understand that a powerful program like this doesn’t have built-in 
alarms....that’s just stupid in my book...there should be something with-in 
the system...hell simple Act has that...Goldmine has that...and those are 
cheapass programs...I could never have conceived a mega program like MS CRM 
wouldn’t have alarms...and I can’t make the work flow create an email to 
simulate an alarm for a task or call...so I’m a little tee off about that...I 
think MS should make a update that includes that...It would only make this 
program more valuable ...and they can set it up where it has an on/off 
button...what’s the harm...all that power and the simplest and most likely 
the most needed aspect of a contact manager is the alarms...of course that’s 
this layman’s opinion....but even Outlook and Outlook Express has them 
built-in so someone at MS thought it was important... 

So if you want to let the MS geeks know what my feelings are on this please 
forward this to them...



----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the 
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I 
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this 
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then 
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=90d4b949-8d07-4d85-b823-cbb137e4f4b8&dg=microsoft.public.crm
0
Utf
7/6/2006 10:05:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

2 Replies
743 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 9

Jim,

I just thought that I would point out that CRM utilizes Outlook for its
reminders.  ACT and Goldmine are client/desktop applications which have
very different capabilities from that of a web program, which MSCRM is.
 So, you're right, MSCRM doesn't have built in alerts like ACT,
Goldmine, or even Outlook and it would be really nice if it did.  I
have run into this exact same problem with clients and there is a very
simple work-around that is VERY viable.  Just make sure that the users
are using either the CRM Outlook Desktop or Laptop Client and have
reminders in Outlook defaulted to being turned on.  Now, whenever an
appointment or task is created in CRM the next time the client syncs
with Outlook the appointment and/or task will be brought into Outlook
with a reminder automatically turned on.  Your client can now get
reminders just like he/she wants.

I hope this answer helps you in your situation.  I know that the fact
that CRM doesn't have reminders sucks but there are ways to work within
the constraints that Microsoft has put on users, consultants and
themselves.  They get reminders to work in OWA so I assume that there
has to be a way that CRM can do reminders but it may just be a later
version.  Good luck.

Fronk

Jim Simons wrote:
> This is a comment from one of our clients:
>
> as for the alarms...we're just working within Outlook right now...I just
> don't understand that a powerful program like this doesn't have built-in
> alarms....that's just stupid in my book...there should be something with-in
> the system...hell simple Act has that...Goldmine has that...and those are
> cheapass programs...I could never have conceived a mega program like MS CRM
> wouldn't have alarms...and I can't make the work flow create an email to
> simulate an alarm for a task or call...so I'm a little tee off about that...I
> think MS should make a update that includes that...It would only make this
> program more valuable ...and they can set it up where it has an on/off
> button...what's the harm...all that power and the simplest and most likely
> the most needed aspect of a contact manager is the alarms...of course that's
> this layman's opinion....but even Outlook and Outlook Express has them
> built-in so someone at MS thought it was important...
>
> So if you want to let the MS geeks know what my feelings are on this please
> forward this to them...
>
>
>
> ----------------
> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=90d4b949-8d07-4d85-b823-cbb137e4f4b8&dg=microsoft.public.crm

0
davidfronk10
7/7/2006 7:57:29 AM
I agree with your analysis Dave and use this technique in other situations.  
I this particular case the client has extensive work flow rules that setup 
activities in CRM as future reminders of things to be done.  Since the system 
does it automatically, I don't see a way to have them done through OUtlook.  
I appreciate you taking time to respond to this issue.  Jim Simons 
713-206-4602.  Call me or post something if you have any further ideas.  
thanks. 

"davidfronk10@gmail.com" wrote:

> Jim,
> 
> I just thought that I would point out that CRM utilizes Outlook for its
> reminders.  ACT and Goldmine are client/desktop applications which have
> very different capabilities from that of a web program, which MSCRM is.
>  So, you're right, MSCRM doesn't have built in alerts like ACT,
> Goldmine, or even Outlook and it would be really nice if it did.  I
> have run into this exact same problem with clients and there is a very
> simple work-around that is VERY viable.  Just make sure that the users
> are using either the CRM Outlook Desktop or Laptop Client and have
> reminders in Outlook defaulted to being turned on.  Now, whenever an
> appointment or task is created in CRM the next time the client syncs
> with Outlook the appointment and/or task will be brought into Outlook
> with a reminder automatically turned on.  Your client can now get
> reminders just like he/she wants.
> 
> I hope this answer helps you in your situation.  I know that the fact
> that CRM doesn't have reminders sucks but there are ways to work within
> the constraints that Microsoft has put on users, consultants and
> themselves.  They get reminders to work in OWA so I assume that there
> has to be a way that CRM can do reminders but it may just be a later
> version.  Good luck.
> 
> Fronk
> 
> Jim Simons wrote:
> > This is a comment from one of our clients:
> >
> > as for the alarms...we're just working within Outlook right now...I just
> > don't understand that a powerful program like this doesn't have built-in
> > alarms....that's just stupid in my book...there should be something with-in
> > the system...hell simple Act has that...Goldmine has that...and those are
> > cheapass programs...I could never have conceived a mega program like MS CRM
> > wouldn't have alarms...and I can't make the work flow create an email to
> > simulate an alarm for a task or call...so I'm a little tee off about that...I
> > think MS should make a update that includes that...It would only make this
> > program more valuable ...and they can set it up where it has an on/off
> > button...what's the harm...all that power and the simplest and most likely
> > the most needed aspect of a contact manager is the alarms...of course that's
> > this layman's opinion....but even Outlook and Outlook Express has them
> > built-in so someone at MS thought it was important...
> >
> > So if you want to let the MS geeks know what my feelings are on this please
> > forward this to them...
> >
> >
> >
> > ----------------
> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=90d4b949-8d07-4d85-b823-cbb137e4f4b8&dg=microsoft.public.crm
> 
> 
0
Utf
7/7/2006 1:51:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Can CRM do that?
Hey everyone, I'm a bit new around here; if this is posted in the wrong newsgroup I apologize in advance! Just point me toward the appropriate newsgroup and I'll post it there. We are considering purchasing CRM, but before we do we wanted to ask about some key features... 1. How is reporting done in CRM? Do you have to purchase an additional reporting program (like Crystal Reports)? Is it possible for the user to create their own reports on-the-fly (i.e. choose which column headings they want, etc.)? 2. Is it possible to access CRM via blackberry? If not, what about Windows Mobile ...

Can our clients connect to our CRM from the web and see their project?
I understand that I can have my windows authenticated users access the CRM product, but I need to allow clients access some of the resources, but I don't want to have to create windows accounts for them. Is there some means to allow clients to access only their part of the CRM system without having to create Windows accounts for them? -- spam999free@rrohio.com remove 999 in order to email me If you are talking about "CRM Portal" approch then yes, you don't need to create a Windows account for each portal login. This is not out of box. You can take a look at c360, ...

CRM 1.2 Letter content limited to 2000 chars
Hi all, When I attempt to create a new letter activity for an account, after I paste (or type) the content of the letter and tab out the field IE says I've been reached the field limit (2000) and it will be truncated. Looking in the database we can see this field is memo ( NTEXT ) which is far larger than 2000 bytes. I really can't document customer letters with only 2000 bytes. Why CRM is being so strict on this field? Is there any configuration to change that? PS: If possible reply also to my company e-mail: wrios@tecnotrends.com.br Thanks in advance, Wendell. You can edit ...

SSL for CRM 3.0 webpage
Can I implement a certificate on my CRM 3.0 server to accept SSL connections to the CRM 3.0 webpage? Is there any documentation on this? Thanks, Eric Sabo You can and it should be documented in the online help for IIS or Internet Information Server. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP Web - http://www.crowecrm.com Blog - http://www.crowecrm.com/crowe/microsoft/crmblog.cfm "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:eXJhJvFpHHA.4112@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Can I implement a certificate on my CRM 3.0 server to accept SSL ...

Problem With Crystal Reports in CRM
Hi, Any report I try to access results in the following message (or similar) being displayed in the Report Viewer: File frs://Input/a_012/001/000/268/8a433f105d3ee1a2.rpt not found on File Repository Server. If anyone can help me out, I would greatly apprecaite it. Ta Chris first ensure all your crystal services are started. Second have you rebuilt your crm system. Microsoft does have a utility to rebuild your crystal file store if you have issues -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Chris Ericoli"...

Add-ons - CRM Relationships Tracking
We are looking to purchase an add-on that would improve upon the existing CRM relationships - allow for easier creation of relationships, and maybe graphical charting to build trees, etc. One such product is SalesCentric's Relationship Charts. We were hoping there were others out there. If you know of any, please let me know. Thanks! You might check out c360's Relationship Explorer (http://c360.com/RelationshipExplorer.aspx ). The only downside is I think you have to purchase the whole Core Productivity Pack if you want to buy it. "LoLoSea" wrote: > We are lookin...

Random crash messages in CRM 4.0
Hello, We've been struggling with this issue for a long time and I have just been tasked with resolving it. We get an error message in CRM almost randomly (it cannot be duplicated by any specific means I know of) and it asks to send it to Microsoft, and never returns anything further. I looked at the error messages we are getting, and this one is typical: ***************** <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Object required</Message> <Line>197</Line> ...

Rules & Alerts
Someone is forging my domain name to their email. I am trying to set up a rule for all the bounced email that I am receiving. There doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it but delete it. I've sent hundreds of emails to spam@uce.gov with no luck. Anyway, my domainname is domainname.com (example). The spammer is using dwwwww@domainname.com to send his spam and I receive all the bounced email. It seems that I could set up a rule with Outlook 2007 to delete all email that is sent to me at dwwwww@domainname.com. Seems simply but there is no option with Outlook 2007 that I see ...

Exchange Server Migration
Good morning, We are running CRM 1.2, and are in the process of migrating all users from the original 2000 Exchange server to a clustered Exchange 2003 environment. Other than a reinstallation of the CRM Email Router piece, are there other items that need to be considered? So far, some CRM users have been migrated with no issues. Than you in advance, Scott No impact beyond having users mailboxes forward all emails as attachments to the crm email router mailbox. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com <frappe33@gmail.com> wrote i...

Browser closing when accessing crm
Hi, i recently installed crm server. now i want to acces crm from another pc. ( spec: Windows XP SP2 ) When i enter the ip-adres of the server i get a login screen. When i enter my username+password and login the browser shuts itself. I already added the server in the trusted websites , as ip-adres. What am i doing wrong? Greets Geert. Seems like a popup blocker is active (google toolbar). Shut that down and your good to go.. Goodluck Ron "Geert" <Geert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD4B23C1-9F67-40FA-AD26-780D8F826D51@microsoft.com... > Hi, > &...

Microsoft CRM Evaluation Copy
Hello We are Microsoft Partners, and we would like to install and demonstrate an evaluation copy of Microsoft CRM to a third party. Could you please advise us if it is possible to obtain an evaluation copy or perhaps use the MSDN website to download CRM and instal it for a third party firm for the sake of evaluating it. Please Advise Thanks Kinda, CRM is available to MSDN Universal subscribers along with usual licensing caveats that MSDN licenses carry. Thus, you can install it for demoing purposes. I'm not sure what you were planning, but I would install it on your own equipem...

Max length of description on Appointement en CRM 3 ?
We adjusted the Max Length for the Description field in the Appointment record from the default of 2,000 to 5,000. When we use the web client we are able to save appointments that have 5,000 characters. However, when i go offline with my Laptop Client and then try the same thing the appointment form closes but there is a hidden error message behind it stating "The length exceeds the max length of it will be truncated". When you open the record back up instead of having 5,000 chars, you only have 2,000, i lost most of my text ? How setup Outlook to respect the 5,000 limit (as desi...

CRM Forms J Script
Hi I want to update an attribute on the contact form when a phone call for the contact is closed. Can someone please advise me how i could go about this? Any help would be appreciated. Kind Regards Ridhima ...

Downloading data to Excel from CRM
CRM 3.0 does not download numeric values as numbers in Excel, and it does not save it as an Excel file, is there a fix or work-around for this? ...

CTRL+P to print CRM screen
We have a new client that is quite accustomed to doing a CTRL+P whenever they need a screen shot sent to the printer. When I try it in the CRM (1.2), I get script errors: Internet Explorer Script Error An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 100 Char: 2 Error: Object Expected Code: 0 URL: http://crm/_forms/styles/INPUT.dtm.htc Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Dave Ireland Salentica Systems Inc. Hello Dave. Isn't a great solution but you can press Print Screen button, paste in Word and sent to printer. Hope that help you. Daniel Rodriguez. SMS - Argentina Thanks...

your microsoft crm server application has not yet been upgraded. Upgrade microsoft crm server first, and then try upgrading Microsoft crm sales for outlook again
Help me, I'm installing MSCRM SFO 1.2 on a windows XP machine (sp1) i'm getting the error: your microsoft crm server application has not yet been upgraded. Upgrade microsoft crm server first, and then try upgrading Microsoft crm sales for outlook again I do find 2 postings about the same problem, but no answer on this problem... The server is a win2000 server with MSCRM 1.2 installed, IE 6 sp1 Exchange server has Exchange 2000, and outlook 2002 installed, IE 6 sp1 The XP machine has outlook 2002 installed, sp1, IE 6 sp1 including some bug fixes I can't figure out what i need ...

.Net support in MS-CRM
Hi, Does Ms-CRM support development/ customization in any of the .Net languages. TIA Yes and no, depending on what you want to do. On the client side, you're dealing with JavaScript, unless you decide to use client-side assemblies (see http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=CLIENTNETLIB for an example). Server-side development uses the .NET 1.1 Framework, so you can pick your favorite .NET language to implement callouts and workflow assemblies. .NET 2.0 is not supported as the CRM server itself is based on ..NET 1.1. If you're writing a standalone application using ...

Problem with KB during CRM 4 install
I'm trying to install offline CRM 4 client on an XP client. I can only get so far with the install. It asks to install Visual C++, which I do. It then says that I need to install KB928365, but when I try to install it doesn't complete. I then try the install again, and the exact same thing. It says I need to install C++, which I do, but then the KB issue occurs, but the same thing. Anyone run into this? Thanks Mike ...

Outbound E-mail Suffix CRM:xxxxxxxx
Hi everyone, How do I get rid of the tracking suffix CRM:xxxxxx from all of the outbound e-mails ? Is there any workflow issue if this tracking number is not attached in outbound e-mails ? I don't believe it makes a good impression if the cusomters receive e-mails with tracking info attached hence we want to get rid of this. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, You can get rid of the E-mail suffix CRM:xxxxxxx by following these instructions: Use an account such as systems administrator who has the correct privileges to access organizational settings. 1. At the bottom of the n...

CRM Install problem
The first install disk asked for another disk "Service Pack 3" to be installed so it could get some files. What SP3 disk it is looking for? I am rying to add CRM onto a machine with Small Business Server 2000. u must sql server service pack 3 install Thanks, I'll do that. >-----Original Message----- >u must sql server service pack 3 install > > >. > ...

CRM 3.0
In CRm 1.2 you could see the User Licenses, and assign them or remove them, etc. I don't see where you do this in CRM 3.0. Is it the Enable / Disable action on the Users screen? Thanks, Boolean1 CRM 3.0 uses a different model for users than 1.2. Because of the new service scheduling functionality, users can be created in CRM 3.0 so they are available for scheduling service activities -- even if the user is not a CRM licensee. There is a new box on the user record called "Restricted Access Mode" for such "unlicensed" users. This basically makes them availabl...

Warning apper during installation of Microsoft CRM Client for Outl
Hello, when I try the installation of Microsoft CRM Client for Outlook 1.2, the follow alert message appears: "Setup was enable to find an istance of Microsoft CRM Server components" The user is a member of local administrator's group (request of installation), and it's also member of Active Directory of CRM's domain. I do not understand why this alert appears... After this message, installation fails. Any idea? Thanks. Max The message suggests that the crm server cannot be found - did you specific the correct name of the crm server in the install wizard? Is th...

script error (checking radio button) on track in crm
Hi, i am getting script error whenever i click on radio buttons in track in crm . An error has occurred in the script on this page line 22 char 1 -oinput is null or not an object anyway to get around this issue? thanks Aami ...

Unable to open the reporting Services manager in CRM 4.0
I'm trying to go to my reporting Services Report Manager by typing http://mycrmserver/reports. The problem is that It doesn't open the Services Report manager. rebooted the CRM server a couple of times but no success. Anyone here has any idea what the reason for that could be? Many thanks. Eric, Check the path in IIS, perhaps it's http://servername/reportserver Peter Gernburd "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46E39D50-ED59-4219-B442-15ABF154CAF2@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to go to my reporting Services Report Manager by t...

CRM. Publish in a web a search form of knowledge Base from CRM
Exist any kind of integration or sample about how to integrate in a standard web, or web developed with Sharepoint, a form to allow the Company visitors to search into the Knowledge Base created in Dynamics CRM? ...