CRM Accounts (Parent - Child)

In CRM it is normal that we can view all accounts at one
time and also contacts(parent + child). My question is,
how can we manage to hide all child acounts under the
parent account for ex. Microsoft main parent account then
Microsoft have two child account like Windows and Office
and Windos has two more child like Server and Clint and
Office have also one child like MSWorld. I want to see
only Microsoft at top then when user click the Microsoft
and enter it then he will able to see Windows and Office
and when enter in Windows then able to see Server and
Client. In normal configration we can view all in one
line Microsoft, Windows, Office Servers, Client, MSWorld.
Is it possible or not? if yes then please give me hints,

I already vist www.c360.com and checked the products it
is not so cheap to buy but i want to creat this tool is
any other want to join me or have a guid line to help me?

Marina
Clik Soft
0
Marina
1/5/2005 3:06:55 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can create a new view for Accounts and set the filter criteria to
'Parent Account' 'Does Not Contain Data'.

"Marina" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> In CRM it is normal that we can view all accounts at one
> time and also contacts(parent + child). My question is,
> how can we manage to hide all child acounts under the
> parent account for ex. Microsoft main parent account then
> Microsoft have two child account like Windows and Office
> and Windos has two more child like Server and Clint and
> Office have also one child like MSWorld. I want to see
> only Microsoft at top then when user click the Microsoft
> and enter it then he will able to see Windows and Office
> and when enter in Windows then able to see Server and
> Client. In normal configration we can view all in one
> line Microsoft, Windows, Office Servers, Client, MSWorld.
> Is it possible or not? if yes then please give me hints,
>
> I already vist www.c360.com and checked the products it
> is not so cheap to buy but i want to creat this tool is
> any other want to join me or have a guid line to help me?
>
> Marina
> Clik Soft

0
TonyL
1/5/2005 3:15:53 PM
Why not? because in many other software Child accounts
viewable under the parent account i do not understand why
not in CRM? it look not good that child and parents are
in same line and no one can define child and parent.

Marina

0
Marina
1/5/2005 3:20:58 PM
How it is possible to creat new view for Accounts and how
we can set the filter criteria?

jan erik

0
Jan
1/5/2005 3:23:12 PM
1. Navigate to your CRM site.

2. Click 'Settings' on the left menu.

3. Click 'System Customization'.

4. Click 'Accounts'.

5. Click 'Create a New View'.

6. Provide a name, Click OK.

7. Click 'Edit Filter Criteria' on the right menu.

8. Select 'Parent Account' and 'Does Not Contain Data', Click OK.

9. Add any needed columns.

10. Save And Close.

"Jan Erik" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How it is possible to creat new view for Accounts and how
> we can set the filter criteria?
>
> jan erik

0
TonyL

Account Overview report issue?
Hi, I am trying to run the Account Overview report (open an Account, run the report from there). It chugs over it for a second or two, then I get the following 2 errors: Error: subreport could not be shown. Note: The maximum number of accounts in this report cannot exceed 10. The account I am running this on does not have any subaccounts and has a total of 4 contacts. Has anyone seen similar errors with this report? Thanks for any help... Jon DearJon What language are you running in? Is your environment SQL 2005? Go to the Reports section and look at the "Hidden" repor...

Parent Account and ActiveSync
When the CRM client for outlook synchronizes with Outlook contacts it doesn't update the Company field in a contact but instead downloads the "Parent Account". Has anyone succeeded in getting the Parent Account synchronized into their mobile phone using ActiveSync. When I look at my CRM contacts on my phone I have no company information. Any advice would be appreciated. Feridun Kadir ...

CRM Field Names

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

forward old users accounts.
Is there a way to forward an email accout to another user and still remove that account form the active directory. Many of our sales staffs contacts do not communicate with each other for years at a time. If the customer has an email address of a sales person that no longer is at the company I want that email to forward to another sales person as well as autoreply that the sales person is no longer there. But I don't want to keep the old accounts either in AD or in the Global Address listing. In news:E11FAD84-66A3-4B3D-BAD9-1A95DCD64D75@microsoft.com, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.mic...

How do I add my Peoplepc email to Outlook email accounts?
I am new to Outlook- (Using Outlook 2003)I am trying to set up the accounts, I can't access my Peoplepc email from outlook, I can't send email from any account- it stays in the "outbox" I tried to reconfigure the Peoplepc account and still no luck. I walked thru the "set up new email account" and still no luck. Can anyone help? Seamore@peoplepc.com "Seamore" <Seamore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5AD445A-E9B8-4318-8E5E-40CE6D7E59AE@microsoft.com... > I am new to Outlook- (Using Outlook 2003)I am trying to set up the &...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

GL Account Assignments
Can anyone send me a sample copy of a GL Assignment. I just can't get it to balance out. Please send me a copy of one that currently works with Quickbooks so I can figure out how to get this done. My Email Address is: Nabonibus@yahoo.com That is a bit of a challenge as the Accounts you have set up would likely vary a great deal from another setup. Here are a couple of general rules I have found helpful: 1. Creat three new accounts in Quickbooks for RMS Sales Tax, RMS Accounts Payable (use other liability type in QUickbooks), and RMS Account Receivable (Other asset type). Do not u...

CRM and MapPoint

Linking Contacts with Accounts
I have imported 200 Account records into Crm then by using the GUID I imported the 200 contact records. The Contacts have the correct Account in the Parent Customer field but when you look at the Account record the Primary Contact field is blank. Does anyone know how I can create this relationship without having to manually got through the 200 records. Any help would be great !! ...

Replying with Multiple Accounts
Hi, Recently migrated a user from Outlook Express to Outlook XP. There is lots of pop accounts in his setup. When he received an email in OE, replying would go from the account it was sent from, and there was a drop down box that would allow you to choose an account to send mail from... What does Outlook offer for multiple accounts as he needs this feature... Thanks Marek It offers the same. You can use the Accounts dropdown to choose who you send from. Chris "Marek" <nospam@spam.spam> wrote in message news:uYZGaVaLFHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Re...

Reset CRM

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

Credit Card Accounts
My credit card accounts are downloaded directly from my financial institutions, so each transaction is entered in the account register and assigned a category. When I pay my monthly bills, I enter the credit card information in my checking account register and in the payee section I enter First USA Credit Card and in the Category Section, I enter Credit Card Payment: First USA. When I try to analyze my spending, the reports I run show the amount of the credit card payment from my checking account as income. Is this right? I am having the hardest time getting all my categories accura...

CRM registration can not be done!

OL2002-Missing POP3 Accounts from Accounts button
Using OL2002. I have 5 POP3 email accounts and they do not show up under the Accounts button when I create a new email. Also, when I click the move up/move down buttons in the account setup screen, they randomly move and/or do not move when I click the buttons. I've found that if I click the move down button and then click an email account and repeat the process, I can get one or two of the email accounts to appear in the Accounts button drop down list, but am unable to make all of the accounts show up. Thanks in advance for the help. Scott ...

Migrating CRM to CRM

PDF's not traking in crm

Crm grid error

Upgrading to CRM 3.0 Problems

CRM 3.0 Changing CRM Mailbox
When I installed CRM/the Email router, I specified it to use the administrator mailbox. I now want to move it to a dedicated CRM mailbox, where cna I find this setting if it's not under Settings/Organisation Settings/System Settings/Email ?? Thanks Hi Adam, I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exchange Email Router -> Rule Deployment Wizard to update the mailbox information. Make sure the logon to start that email router Service able to access that mailbox. Darren Darren Liu wrote: > Hi Adam, > > I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exch...