CRM Account Owner ID

Hi, I would like to create a mapping between the Accounts and a Custom
Entity. I am finding it difficult however to map the Owner ID of
Accounts to a Field in my Custom Entity. Does anyone know the sloution
to this? or a workaround.

Many thanks.

0
azeem
11/16/2007 3:54:07 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The Owner ID is a field type that is not available for create a custom field
with. Maybe wait for v4.0 where it does allows you to add lookup type fields
entities.

Or if you have to make in work in v3.0 -- SDK

Good luck.

Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP
http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

"azeem.javed@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi, I would like to create a mapping between the Accounts and a Custom
> Entity. I am finding it difficult however to map the Owner ID of
> Accounts to a Field in my Custom Entity. Does anyone know the sloution
> to this? or a workaround.
>
> Many thanks.

Account Overview report issue?
Hi, I am trying to run the Account Overview report (open an Account, run the report from there). It chugs over it for a second or two, then I get the following 2 errors: Error: subreport could not be shown. Note: The maximum number of accounts in this report cannot exceed 10. The account I am running this on does not have any subaccounts and has a total of 4 contacts. Has anyone seen similar errors with this report? Thanks for any help... Jon DearJon What language are you running in? Is your environment SQL 2005? Go to the Reports section and look at the "Hidden" repor...

Parent Account and ActiveSync
When the CRM client for outlook synchronizes with Outlook contacts it doesn't update the Company field in a contact but instead downloads the "Parent Account". Has anyone succeeded in getting the Parent Account synchronized into their mobile phone using ActiveSync. When I look at my CRM contacts on my phone I have no company information. Any advice would be appreciated. Feridun Kadir ...

CRM Field Names

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

forward old users accounts.
Is there a way to forward an email accout to another user and still remove that account form the active directory. Many of our sales staffs contacts do not communicate with each other for years at a time. If the customer has an email address of a sales person that no longer is at the company I want that email to forward to another sales person as well as autoreply that the sales person is no longer there. But I don't want to keep the old accounts either in AD or in the Global Address listing. In news:E11FAD84-66A3-4B3D-BAD9-1A95DCD64D75@microsoft.com, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.mic...

How do I add my Peoplepc email to Outlook email accounts?
I am new to Outlook- (Using Outlook 2003)I am trying to set up the accounts, I can't access my Peoplepc email from outlook, I can't send email from any account- it stays in the "outbox" I tried to reconfigure the Peoplepc account and still no luck. I walked thru the "set up new email account" and still no luck. Can anyone help? Seamore@peoplepc.com "Seamore" <Seamore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5AD445A-E9B8-4318-8E5E-40CE6D7E59AE@microsoft.com... > I am new to Outlook- (Using Outlook 2003)I am trying to set up the &...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

GL Account Assignments
Can anyone send me a sample copy of a GL Assignment. I just can't get it to balance out. Please send me a copy of one that currently works with Quickbooks so I can figure out how to get this done. My Email Address is: Nabonibus@yahoo.com That is a bit of a challenge as the Accounts you have set up would likely vary a great deal from another setup. Here are a couple of general rules I have found helpful: 1. Creat three new accounts in Quickbooks for RMS Sales Tax, RMS Accounts Payable (use other liability type in QUickbooks), and RMS Account Receivable (Other asset type). Do not u...

CRM and MapPoint

Linking Contacts with Accounts
I have imported 200 Account records into Crm then by using the GUID I imported the 200 contact records. The Contacts have the correct Account in the Parent Customer field but when you look at the Account record the Primary Contact field is blank. Does anyone know how I can create this relationship without having to manually got through the 200 records. Any help would be great !! ...

Replying with Multiple Accounts
Hi, Recently migrated a user from Outlook Express to Outlook XP. There is lots of pop accounts in his setup. When he received an email in OE, replying would go from the account it was sent from, and there was a drop down box that would allow you to choose an account to send mail from... What does Outlook offer for multiple accounts as he needs this feature... Thanks Marek It offers the same. You can use the Accounts dropdown to choose who you send from. Chris "Marek" <nospam@spam.spam> wrote in message news:uYZGaVaLFHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Re...

Reset CRM

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

Credit Card Accounts
My credit card accounts are downloaded directly from my financial institutions, so each transaction is entered in the account register and assigned a category. When I pay my monthly bills, I enter the credit card information in my checking account register and in the payee section I enter First USA Credit Card and in the Category Section, I enter Credit Card Payment: First USA. When I try to analyze my spending, the reports I run show the amount of the credit card payment from my checking account as income. Is this right? I am having the hardest time getting all my categories accura...

CRM registration can not be done!

OL2002-Missing POP3 Accounts from Accounts button
Using OL2002. I have 5 POP3 email accounts and they do not show up under the Accounts button when I create a new email. Also, when I click the move up/move down buttons in the account setup screen, they randomly move and/or do not move when I click the buttons. I've found that if I click the move down button and then click an email account and repeat the process, I can get one or two of the email accounts to appear in the Accounts button drop down list, but am unable to make all of the accounts show up. Thanks in advance for the help. Scott ...

Migrating CRM to CRM

hq client--can't recognize store id or password
we use hq and store ops at our main warehouse. the computer that has hq client on it died so we had to buy a new one (the main database is safe on a different cpu). so, after setting up the new computer and installing store ops and hq client on it, when we try to connect i get an error saying: "Message contained an invalid Store ID/Connection Password. Message was not accepted." I had to install hq client on another computer just so we can communicate, but I need to get things working on this particular computer as it is used most often. I've already completely uninstalled all ...

PDF's not traking in crm

Crm grid error

Upgrading to CRM 3.0 Problems