CRM 4.0 Workflow problems when changing long running workflows.

I've created some long running timeout-workflows which waits for a specific
amount of time after an update is done to my users entity, and then send's
an email to notify the user.

If I unpublish the workflow, makes changes, and publishes it again then the
old instances of the workflow continues running the old workflow, and new
one's are using the new workflow. That is ok, I guess.

My problem is that sometimes the old version of the workflow crashes and
sometimes it is running fine. I've found no reason why it crashes and the
error message only tells me to contact Microsoft.

A possible workaround is to cancel the running instances of a workflow
before changing them and then manually start them again after publishing the
new version. This is a lot of work, so I hope there is another way.

Kay

0
kayhanse1 (35)
3/25/2008 7:44:28 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"Kay-Christian Wessel" <kayhanse@netcom.no> wrote in message
> My problem is that sometimes the old version of the workflow crashes and
> sometimes it is running fine. I've found no reason why it crashes and the
> error message only tells me to contact Microsoft.

Is your workflow calling other workflows (or being called by other
workflows) or looping onto itself?

--
Robert MacLean
http://www.sadev.co.za

0
robert4502 (52)
3/28/2008 1:07:32 PM
Yes, my workflow is calling a child workflow before ending,(which is calling
another child again).

The child workflow is sending an email after a specified amount of time.

Kay

"Robert MacLean" <robert@sadev.co.za> skrev i melding
> "Kay-Christian Wessel" <kayhanse@netcom.no> wrote in message
>> My problem is that sometimes the old version of the workflow crashes and
>> sometimes it is running fine. I've found no reason why it crashes and the
>> error message only tells me to contact Microsoft.
>

> Is your workflow calling other workflows (or being called by other
> workflows) or looping onto itself?
>
> --
> Robert MacLean
> http://www.sadev.co.za

0
kayhanse1 (35)

Changing Autocorrect Language
I recently began using Office 2003, and am having trouble getting the Autocorrect language to work consistently in Publisher for text that is English (Canada). Note that in all other Office programs, the Autocorrect language used for Canadian English is English (U.K.). However, when I open a document in Publisher, the Autocorrect Options come up in English (U.S.). But…if I select any text that is formatted as English (U.K.), Publisher then begins autocorrecting Canadian English using English (U.K.). This only applies to the Autocorrect Options, not the spell check, as there is a sepa...

Wave 4
I am liking Wave 4 but it would have been nice to have had the ability to attach labels to emails. ...

CRM Field Names

Problem setting up makefile
I am trying to setup multiple makefiles using common environment variables that point to path information. I am calling nmake using recursion through sub-projects. The problem is I cannot get nmake to maintain variables across projects. Simple example: In makefile1: ALL : ENV proj2 proj2: nmake .\proj2\makefile nmake .\proj3\makefile ENV: set AS=asm.exe The result is project 2 builds ok using asm.exe but when it is done AS is set to equal 'ml' and when I try to build project 3 it fails. After struggling with this for a while I have decided to create a batch file that sets u...

Submit button #4
I'm building an intranet for our company and here's what's going on. I've created page with a standard publisher form with a Submit button and in the properties, naturally it gives one of three options for the button; HTM, E-mail or another ISP program. I want it to email me the results. The problem is that because of the way our network is setup (not my doing), getting Frontpage Extensions to work would be nothing short of a miracle. What other options do I have that don't involve Frontpage anything? Ted, I haven't used it, but others claim it is easy and ...

Problem adding input to cell
I've had Excel files for several years and never had this problem - what did I do??? All of a sudden when I try to click in a cell it won't let me do anything - add or change and data . The only place I'm able to change or add data is in text boxes that are already there. :( -- PghPatti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PghPatti's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24706 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382734 Do you get a popup message back? Does it say you...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Excel 1900 Date Problem
I'm modifying an existing spreadsheet. When I modify an input cell t change the date, the date in the cell appears incorrect. Example: enter 1/14/2001 and the cell reads 1/0/1900. However, in the task ba the correct date appears. Any clues as to why this happens -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi bluesband! Sounds to me that youe are pressing "=" before you put in the date. This "tells" Excel 1 divided by 14 divided by 2001 which Excel returns as 0.0000356964374955379 You then format as a date to get 1/0/1900. Don't press the "=&q...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

Database problem when in Vista
I have a database that works fine when I am Access 2003 in Windows XP. When I transfer the database to another computer running Access 2003 in Vista I am not able to run any of my reports. I am sure the problem is when I open the database I am asked about wanting to block unsafe coding. Can anyone help so that I can fully run my database in Vista. Thanks. JoeP Create a short with the Run As Administrator box checked, and use that to start Access. Details in Option 2 here: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html Once you get Access open, go to the Tools menu, Macros, and set Security to...

Regarding the bluetooth driver on WINCE5.0
Hi CEAssist, Thanks in advance, i am porting the thirdparty bluetooth stack onto the WINCE 6.0, I.MX31, does the wince 6.0 has the bluetooth driverfor establishing the communication between the host and the controller...i want to have the UART as the physical transport layer between the host and the controller... i want to know the driver name used for driving the controller... is it the uart driver or the hci driver which drives the controller...? please reply ASAP this is very much required for my work... With Best Regards, Vinayakumarc On 4/7/2010 4:38 PM, Vinayakumar...

Batch Update problems...
Hey Gang, A few weeks ago someone helped me with a batch update to change document properties (Word 2003). I got a macro to change the "Title" and it worked like a champ. I modified it to change the "Author" and it too worked like a champ. I recently modified it to change the "Subject" and it goes through the whole "Wend" but nothing got changed. See code below. Any ideas? this is driving me crazy! TIA! ======Author code that works====== Sub BatchProcessAuthorChanges() Dim strFileName As String Dim strPath As String Dim oDoc ...

selected cells doesnot change colour
I want the excel cells to change colour as I select so I could see the range I have selected as it was in previous versions. How I can select this option. This is worksheet code so right-click the sheet tab and paste in Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Static lastcell As Range Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 3 'modify to suit lastcell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone Set lastcell = Target End Sub Mike "Zarrar Janjua" wrote: > I want the excel cells to change colour as I select so I could see the range > I have selected as it was in ...

Changing Field Color
This group has been amazing, so I hope I am not going to the well too often. But here it goes. When I click a button, I want another field to change color. There are a lot of field on the page and the button loads a file add dialog box and I want it to be clear what box you are adding the file to. When the dialog clears, I want the box to return to its base color Thanks Assuming you're referring to the color of text in a label or textbox, though the process is the same for any control that provides for "Fore Color" option, one changes the color by setting the "For...

outlook express ME 5.0
Hi! My friend has a computer that we cannot delete any sent messages. Everything else seems to work. He has messages from 2007 that need to be deleted. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks, Leo ...

Reset CRM

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

Merge & mail-Problem Inserting full address?
Hello, I'm going crazy with this problem. I'm wanting to print addresses directing on my customer mailing, using no labels. I've successfully added my data source file but when I go to add the Address Block or Address Fields I can't get past having only one Field show. (like First Name) Where it says "Point to field that you want to insert. When the drop down arrows appears, click the arrow, & then Click Insert Text or Insert as Picture". Well I'm not able to find any other of my address fields 'drop down' to add. Even in the Insert Addre...

Windows Live Messenger Login Screen problem
Hi All Wonder if anyone can help me. When ever my login screen pops up to type in my email address and password the font has become so small that it is impossible to read. Does anyone have any ideas how to restore it's normal size? I would enclose a screen grab to display this but I don't think I can on this site. Many thanks Timboya;1234807 Wrote: > Hi All > > Wonder if anyone can help me. When ever my login screen pops up to type > in > my email address and password the font has become so small that it is > impossible to read. Does anyone...

CRM registration can not be done!

problems with restoring back up
I had Money 2003 home & business on my desktop (XP). I now have a new laptop (vista). I have downloaded the trial of the 2008 Home & business money version. I copied the backup file (.mny) through network connection from the deskto to the laptop. Everythime I open the new Money and go to restore backup it asks me for my old password, it comes up with some windows, saying that it is converting files and then it opens the home Money screen, but none of my old info is there, no accounts, no bills. I have run the new Moeny as an administrator and then restarted and I have opened the...