CRM 4.0 outlook contacts online

Hi

How can we minimize the number of contacts synchronized to the local outlook
contacs folder, we have a customer with 140000 contacts and they need their
own contacts in their local outlook contacts to get them on their mobile
phone.

In the offline edition we can edit local datagroup but what can we do with
the remaining users that use the desktop version ???

/Jack

0
jackd (26)
12/4/2008 8:28:42 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Jack,

You should still be able to use the local data filter groups to determine
what contacts you want to sync, regardless of what flavor of the CRM/Outlook
client you're using (offline/online).  Check the sync tab in the CRM
Options.

Peter Gernburd

"CRM master" <jackd@jackd.dk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> How can we minimize the number of contacts synchronized to the local
> outlook contacs folder, we have a customer with 140000 contacts and they
> need their own contacts in their local outlook contacts to get them on
> their mobile phone.
>
> In the offline edition we can edit local datagroup but what can we do with
> the remaining users that use the desktop version ???
>
> /Jack

0
moosarka (21)

Outlook 2003 hangs when checking Exchange credentials
I signed up for a hosted exchange service but couldn't get Outlook to connect to the Exchange server. I spent 3 hours on the phone testing lots of stuff with the support guys and we both determined that it had something to do with my connection to the server. I installed Outlook on a test computer on my network and it works fine. The only difference between the two computers is that I am running Spybot on my computer and not on the test computer. I shut down Spybot and still no luck. I am an Exchange newbie so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

CRM Field Names

Wave 4
I am liking Wave 4 but it would have been nice to have had the ability to attach labels to emails. ...

Outlook: Hyperlinks Disabled in Emails
When I click on a hyperlink in an email, I get "This operation has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer. Please contact your System Administrator." I am the Admin for my PC, and I'm not sure where to allow this function. I went into regedit - software\classes\ I have the .htm, and .html folders, but I'm not sure which setting to change. I use Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040206 Firefox/0.8 for my browser. Thanks! Stacey I believe that is a security setting somewhere under the tools|options menu. -- Guy Lapier...

online form
I am trying to create a form that can be used both online and saved as a database and updated automatically. I also want to make the form as user friendly as possible and add some buttons. ...

Submit button #4
I'm building an intranet for our company and here's what's going on. I've created page with a standard publisher form with a Submit button and in the properties, naturally it gives one of three options for the button; HTM, E-mail or another ISP program. I want it to email me the results. The problem is that because of the way our network is setup (not my doing), getting Frontpage Extensions to work would be nothing short of a miracle. What other options do I have that don't involve Frontpage anything? Ted, I haven't used it, but others claim it is easy and ...

Can not copy contact information
I can no longer "copy" and past contact info, i.e. email addresses from contacts to web sites. What's going on? Select then Copy - Control C Paste - Control V Fyi...it appears you are using WLM Version 2009 Build 14.xx (which had its last update on May 12). The ability to select (copy/paste using a mouse via the context menu/rt click) is fixed in the next version Build 15 currently in beta. No date set for the final RTW version(a beta 2 refresh is expected shortly) -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Rockchips" wrote in message news:A06048B7-B71A-4B6D-9778-C4...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

Outlook Express -- Very, very SLOW to delete message
Help -- what do I do? In article <10cf01c3be72$c59b8a00$a401280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |Help -- what do I do? | This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support Ser...

CRM and MapPoint

Outlook 2007 People's Calendars
I need to be able to delete a person's name from Outlook's "People's Calendars" when someone is no longer employed by our company. Any suggestions? Right click on the calendar and hit "delete?" -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Jeanne asked: | I need to be able to delete a person's name from Outlook's "People's | Calendars" when so...

Linking Contacts with Accounts
I have imported 200 Account records into Crm then by using the GUID I imported the 200 contact records. The Contacts have the correct Account in the Parent Customer field but when you look at the Account record the Primary Contact field is blank. Does anyone know how I can create this relationship without having to manually got through the 200 records. Any help would be great !! ...

Outlook #30
I have Office XP. My previous Outlook 2000 files came over fine however, when I try to open a contact file I get an error box. * Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine. * Just-in-time Debugging (pops up) * If you indicate not to debug another box pops up * Script Error Object doesnt support this property or method: pageSBE.datagrid1 Line no:11 Then the Contact pops up....Can this be fixed? See if the info here helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;223845 "ralph" <rarmenta@verizon.net> wrote in message news:09110...

Regarding the bluetooth driver on WINCE5.0
Hi CEAssist, Thanks in advance, i am porting the thirdparty bluetooth stack onto the WINCE 6.0, I.MX31, does the wince 6.0 has the bluetooth driverfor establishing the communication between the host and the controller...i want to have the UART as the physical transport layer between the host and the controller... i want to know the driver name used for driving the controller... is it the uart driver or the hci driver which drives the controller...? please reply ASAP this is very much required for my work... With Best Regards, Vinayakumarc On 4/7/2010 4:38 PM, Vinayakumar...

Microsoft Outlook Task Reminders
My task reminders have stopped working. How do I get the reminders working again? Thanks for your help. Hi Ken, Ken Toews wrote: > My task reminders have stopped working. How do I get the > reminders working again? Thanks for your help. I found the following website: http://faq.outlookmvps.org/archives/cat_general.html Search for "reminders" on this site: [...] If the reminders are in the default folders, you may need to open Outlook using the /cleanreminders switch. Close Outlook and at the Start menu, Run command, type "outlook.exe /cleanreminders" -- Oliver V...

Outlook vs outlook express identities
Will Outlook handle email; similar to outlook express i.e. logon/logoff to each individual user so each individual will only see their e-mails? To accomplish this in Outlook, you could simply create seperate email accounts for each different user: Using Outlook on a computer you share with other people http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011110031033.aspx?Product=out Good luck! "reitwayd" <reitwayd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDE02F55-A8BF-47C9-A7CE-4153D5EE07A9@microsoft.com... > Will Outlook handle email; similar to outlook express i....

Reset CRM

outlook express ME 5.0
Hi! My friend has a computer that we cannot delete any sent messages. Everything else seems to work. He has messages from 2007 that need to be deleted. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks, Leo ...

Any way to add contacts from sent messages in Outlook 2007?
Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for Outlook Express. Thanks! Open the message and right click on the recipient's email address. You will get a pop-up menu and one of the options is to "Add to Outlook Contacts". <diego.novilinguists@gmail.com> wrote in message news:948856fc-7857-4da5-8037-f24618b2d9aa@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from > archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for > Ou...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

outlook 2003 page setup
when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do i correct this? -- seanpaul99 Are you sending the mail in Plain Text or HTML? "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1359A7FA-0605-410D-A524-FD806EFC4E9F@microsoft.com... > when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it > should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do > i > correct this? html -- seanpaul99 "Vince Aver...