CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Install/Configuration

I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users.  The
intranet address and internet address are not found.  Connectivity has
been verified between workstations and crm server.  Web clients work
ok - thoush some functionality related to custom entities is not
behaving properly (lookups not functioning, etc.)

Addtionally, CRM is not sending or tracking emails at all.

The CRM setup is as follows:

Upgraded from 3.0

Win 2K3 Server (fully updated) with SQL 2005 SP2, Reporting Services
SP2

Exchange 2003 Server (fully updated) - Email router will not
configure.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

<matthew.elias@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users.

Any error messages from the client or email router?

--
Robert MacLean
http://www.sadev.co.za

0
robert4502 (52)
2/1/2008 7:53:16 AM
The error occurs during Outlook client configuration:

When the intranet address is specified as: http://<servername>.<domain
name>.com or just http://<servername> and http://<servername>.<domain
name>.com in the internet address field - "The Configuration Manager
cannot connect to the Microsoft CRM Server."

When we input http://<servername>/<crm organization name>, the error
is - "The file /<crm org name>/MSCRMServices/2007/AD/
CrmDiscoveryService.asmx doest not exist."

That file does exist and the .dll is in the assembly.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

On Feb 1, 1:53=A0am, "Robert MacLean" <rob...@sadev.co.za> wrote:
> <matthew.el...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users.
>
> Any error messages from the client or email router?
>
> --
> Robert MacLeanhttp://www.sadev.co.za

hello,

I had got similar issue. Our client PCs are in one domain, end user first
started IE with URL (as example) http://crm
Sometimes Windows network required domain name and password (sometimes not),
then user entered them and checked box "remember password". Then CRM was
appeared in IE.
Afterwards user started Configuration Wizard with URL http://crm and CRM
client was configured correctly.
As regards sending mails, you have to use Outlook with CRM client for
Outlook or "MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 E-mail Router". CRM web client cannot send
and track mail itself.

--
Stanley

"matthew.elias@gmail.com" wrote:

> I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users.  The
> intranet address and internet address are not found.  Connectivity has
> been verified between workstations and crm server.  Web clients work
> ok - thoush some functionality related to custom entities is not
> behaving properly (lookups not functioning, etc.)
>
> Addtionally, CRM is not sending or tracking emails at all.
>
> The CRM setup is as follows:
>
> Upgraded from 3.0
>
> Win 2K3 Server (fully updated) with SQL 2005 SP2, Reporting Services
> SP2
>
> Exchange 2003 Server (fully updated) - Email router will not
> configure.
>
> Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Stanleyr (3)
2/1/2008 5:08:01 PM
     If on machines that had previously had CRM v3.0 installed:-

      1) Uninstall CRM 4.0 Outlook Client
      2) Delete your Outlook mail profile
      3) Delete the c:\documents and settings\<<username>>\application
data\microsoft\outlook and c:\documents and settings\<<username>>\local
      settings\application data\microsoft\outlook folder trees (*** dont
forget to back up any PST files or other stuff in these dirs...)
      4) Set up a new Outlook profile
      5) Run crm v4 Outlook Client setup and reconfigure CRM in outlook

<matthew.elias@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users.  The
> intranet address and internet address are not found.  Connectivity has
> been verified between workstations and crm server.  Web clients work
> ok - thoush some functionality related to custom entities is not
> behaving properly (lookups not functioning, etc.)
>
> Addtionally, CRM is not sending or tracking emails at all.
>
> The CRM setup is as follows:
>
> Upgraded from 3.0
>
> Win 2K3 Server (fully updated) with SQL 2005 SP2, Reporting Services
> SP2
>
> Exchange 2003 Server (fully updated) - Email router will not
> configure.
>
> Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

discussions (171)
2/2/2008 1:13:40 PM
> When we input http://<servername>/<crm organization name>, the error
> is - "The file /<crm org name>/MSCRMServices/2007/AD/
> CrmDiscoveryService.asmx doest not exist."

Wierd it looks like maybe your MSCRM is not configured as a normal on
premise solution. Did you enable IFD?

--
Robert MacLean
http://www.sadev.co.za

0
robert4502 (52)
2/6/2008 10:30:04 AM
here is new hotfix of this error

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947089/en-us

--
Regards,
Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com

"matthew.elias@gmail.com" wrote:

> I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users.  The
> intranet address and internet address are not found.  Connectivity has
> been verified between workstations and crm server.  Web clients work
> ok - thoush some functionality related to custom entities is not
> behaving properly (lookups not functioning, etc.)
>
> Addtionally, CRM is not sending or tracking emails at all.
>
> The CRM setup is as follows:
>
> Upgraded from 3.0
>
> Win 2K3 Server (fully updated) with SQL 2005 SP2, Reporting Services
> SP2
>
> Exchange 2003 Server (fully updated) - Email router will not
> configure.
>
> Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

mscrmexpert (134)

Outlook 2003 hangs when checking Exchange credentials
I signed up for a hosted exchange service but couldn't get Outlook to connect to the Exchange server. I spent 3 hours on the phone testing lots of stuff with the support guys and we both determined that it had something to do with my connection to the server. I installed Outlook on a test computer on my network and it works fine. The only difference between the two computers is that I am running Spybot on my computer and not on the test computer. I shut down Spybot and still no luck. I am an Exchange newbie so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

CRM Field Names

Wave 4
I am liking Wave 4 but it would have been nice to have had the ability to attach labels to emails. ...

Installing Office Assistant
Hello, I just installed Microsoft Office 2003 Student and Teacher Edition and I can't find the Office Assistant. Normally on other versions of Office I've used, in the Help Help pane there is the option to Show Office Assistant, but I do not have this option. I'd like to make use of Office Assistant, is there a way of installing it or is it not part of the Teachers' edition suite? Thanks in advance Hi Bobby! The only difference between the Student and Teacher (aka Academic) Edition is the terms of the licence. Office Assistant is an option. Close down your computer...

Outlook: Hyperlinks Disabled in Emails
When I click on a hyperlink in an email, I get "This operation has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer. Please contact your System Administrator." I am the Admin for my PC, and I'm not sure where to allow this function. I went into regedit - software\classes\ I have the .htm, and .html folders, but I'm not sure which setting to change. I use Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040206 Firefox/0.8 for my browser. Thanks! Stacey I believe that is a security setting somewhere under the tools|options menu. -- Guy Lapier...

Submit button #4
I'm building an intranet for our company and here's what's going on. I've created page with a standard publisher form with a Submit button and in the properties, naturally it gives one of three options for the button; HTM, E-mail or another ISP program. I want it to email me the results. The problem is that because of the way our network is setup (not my doing), getting Frontpage Extensions to work would be nothing short of a miracle. What other options do I have that don't involve Frontpage anything? Ted, I haven't used it, but others claim it is easy and ...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Client Action Logging
Is there any convenient way to log client actions when they connect via RPC? I've searched every log I can find and every logging option I can find (POP3, IMAP4, etc.). No attempt to reveal this information has succeeded. I've found no obvious option that does this We are using Exchange 5.5 and Oulook clients. We have been receiving reports that messages are being sent from our users but not getting delivered until the next day. I've looked at the smpt logs and, in some circumstances, DNS and various other errors do occur. Those are easily verified. What I cannot do ...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

Outlook Express -- Very, very SLOW to delete message
Help -- what do I do? In article <10cf01c3be72$c59b8a00$a401280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |Help -- what do I do? | This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support Ser...

CRM and MapPoint

Outlook 2007 People's Calendars
I need to be able to delete a person's name from Outlook's "People's Calendars" when someone is no longer employed by our company. Any suggestions? Right click on the calendar and hit "delete?" -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Jeanne asked: | I need to be able to delete a person's name from Outlook's "People's | Calendars" when so...

Outlook #30
I have Office XP. My previous Outlook 2000 files came over fine however, when I try to open a contact file I get an error box. * Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine. * Just-in-time Debugging (pops up) * If you indicate not to debug another box pops up * Script Error Object doesnt support this property or method: pageSBE.datagrid1 Line no:11 Then the Contact pops up....Can this be fixed? See if the info here helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;223845 "ralph" <rarmenta@verizon.net> wrote in message news:09110...

Regarding the bluetooth driver on WINCE5.0
Hi CEAssist, Thanks in advance, i am porting the thirdparty bluetooth stack onto the WINCE 6.0, I.MX31, does the wince 6.0 has the bluetooth driverfor establishing the communication between the host and the controller...i want to have the UART as the physical transport layer between the host and the controller... i want to know the driver name used for driving the controller... is it the uart driver or the hci driver which drives the controller...? please reply ASAP this is very much required for my work... With Best Regards, Vinayakumarc On 4/7/2010 4:38 PM, Vinayakumar...

Microsoft Outlook Task Reminders
My task reminders have stopped working. How do I get the reminders working again? Thanks for your help. Hi Ken, Ken Toews wrote: > My task reminders have stopped working. How do I get the > reminders working again? Thanks for your help. I found the following website: http://faq.outlookmvps.org/archives/cat_general.html Search for "reminders" on this site: [...] If the reminders are in the default folders, you may need to open Outlook using the /cleanreminders switch. Close Outlook and at the Start menu, Run command, type "outlook.exe /cleanreminders" -- Oliver V...

Outlook vs outlook express identities
Will Outlook handle email; similar to outlook express i.e. logon/logoff to each individual user so each individual will only see their e-mails? To accomplish this in Outlook, you could simply create seperate email accounts for each different user: Using Outlook on a computer you share with other people http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011110031033.aspx?Product=out Good luck! "reitwayd" <reitwayd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDE02F55-A8BF-47C9-A7CE-4153D5EE07A9@microsoft.com... > Will Outlook handle email; similar to outlook express i....

Reset CRM

outlook express ME 5.0
Hi! My friend has a computer that we cannot delete any sent messages. Everything else seems to work. He has messages from 2007 that need to be deleted. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks, Leo ...

Any way to add contacts from sent messages in Outlook 2007?
Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for Outlook Express. Thanks! Open the message and right click on the recipient's email address. You will get a pop-up menu and one of the options is to "Add to Outlook Contacts". <diego.novilinguists@gmail.com> wrote in message news:948856fc-7857-4da5-8037-f24618b2d9aa@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from > archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for > Ou...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

outlook 2003 page setup
when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do i correct this? -- seanpaul99 Are you sending the mail in Plain Text or HTML? "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1359A7FA-0605-410D-A524-FD806EFC4E9F@microsoft.com... > when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it > should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do > i > correct this? html -- seanpaul99 "Vince Aver...

Signature and font on Outlook 2000
Under options>mail Format - The signature and font tabs are gray. Cant establish new ones Turn Off Using Microsoft Word as your editor. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Joe" <joesposi@suffolk.lib.ny.us> wrote in message news:058d01c3c252$637589a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... Under options>mail Format - The signature and font tabs are gray. Cant establish new ones ...