CRM 4 Connector for GP

Is there a connector for v.4 CRM to GP?  If so, where is that available at?

-- 
Brandon


0
bsmith (108)
1/2/2008 8:43:24 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

7 Replies
802 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 8

Hi Brandon,

I don't think there's a Microsoft CRM 4.0 connector for GP yet. But
Scribe should have one, the Scribe CRM connector should release soon.
If you find anything related to the CRM 4.0 connector for GP, please
share.

Thanks!

Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Jan 2, 2:43=A0pm, "Brandon" <bsm...@presentationsdirect.nospam.com>
wrote:
> Is there a connector for v.4 CRM to GP? =A0If so, where is that available =
at?
>
> --
> Brandon

0
darrenliu (251)
1/2/2008 10:51:20 PM
We didn't buy CRM because of Scribe!!!!  We bought CRM because of the "out 
of the box" connection to GP ... and for the most part it's worked fine. 
Microsoft has REALLY dissed their customers if they don't come out with a 
connector!!!  We want these two applications to work together WITHOUT a 3rd 
party.

-- 
Brandon


"Darren Liu" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:38debfd6-33f3-444b-9a9e-eeaf0ca6f5e5@l6g2000prm.googlegroups.com...
Hi Brandon,

I don't think there's a Microsoft CRM 4.0 connector for GP yet. But
Scribe should have one, the Scribe CRM connector should release soon.
If you find anything related to the CRM 4.0 connector for GP, please
share.

Thanks!

Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Jan 2, 2:43 pm, "Brandon" <bsm...@presentationsdirect.nospam.com>
wrote:
> Is there a connector for v.4 CRM to GP? If so, where is that available at?
>
> --
> Brandon

0
bsmith (108)
1/3/2008 2:05:24 PM
Brandon,

Calm down and don't flame the messenger for bearing truthful messages. You 
may well find that more and more of your posts go unanswered (who wants 
guaranteed ungratefulness?)


"Brandon" <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message 
news:uligxGhTIHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> We didn't buy CRM because of Scribe!!!!  We bought CRM because of the "out 
> of the box" connection to GP ... and for the most part it's worked fine. 
> Microsoft has REALLY dissed their customers if they don't come out with a 
> connector!!!  We want these two applications to work together WITHOUT a 
> 3rd party.
>
> -- 
> Brandon
>
>
> "Darren Liu" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:38debfd6-33f3-444b-9a9e-eeaf0ca6f5e5@l6g2000prm.googlegroups.com...
> Hi Brandon,
>
> I don't think there's a Microsoft CRM 4.0 connector for GP yet. But
> Scribe should have one, the Scribe CRM connector should release soon.
> If you find anything related to the CRM 4.0 connector for GP, please
> share.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> Crowe
> http://www.crowecrm.com
>
> On Jan 2, 2:43 pm, "Brandon" <bsm...@presentationsdirect.nospam.com>
> wrote:
>> Is there a connector for v.4 CRM to GP? If so, where is that available 
>> at?
>>
>> --
>> Brandon
> 


0
discussions (171)
1/3/2008 6:03:41 PM
Hi Brandon

Based on past releases (1.0, 1.2 and 3.0) the GP-CRM connector wasn't 
available until some months after the initial release.  I would suspect that 
the GP-CRM connector from Microsoft will be available sometime in the next 6 
months.  (Don't quote me on that)

I find it disappointing that this is not available at GA release of CRM 4.0, 
and you may have to resort to a 3rd party product if you need to 
functionality sooner rather than later.

I prefer Nolan integration bridge (over Microsoft integration), not sure if 
Nolan is ready for 4.0 but they general are before Microsoft's is. 

The whole issue is that Great Plains is 10 years older than CRM and designed 
very differently.

Hope that helps!
Nick

-- 
Nick Doelman
www.readybms.com


"Brandon" wrote:

> Is there a connector for v.4 CRM to GP?  If so, where is that available at?
> 
> -- 
> Brandon
> 
> 
> 
0
1/3/2008 8:43:02 PM
I wasn't flaming the messenger, but responding to Microsoft based on what 
the messenger told me.

-- 
Brandon


"Peter Lynch" <discussions@microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:1s9fj.129790$cJ3.111057@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Brandon,
>
> Calm down and don't flame the messenger for bearing truthful messages. You 
> may well find that more and more of your posts go unanswered (who wants 
> guaranteed ungratefulness?)
>
>
> "Brandon" <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message 
> news:uligxGhTIHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> We didn't buy CRM because of Scribe!!!!  We bought CRM because of the 
>> "out of the box" connection to GP ... and for the most part it's worked 
>> fine. Microsoft has REALLY dissed their customers if they don't come out 
>> with a connector!!!  We want these two applications to work together 
>> WITHOUT a 3rd party.
>>
>> -- 
>> Brandon
>>
>>
>> "Darren Liu" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in message 
>> news:38debfd6-33f3-444b-9a9e-eeaf0ca6f5e5@l6g2000prm.googlegroups.com...
>> Hi Brandon,
>>
>> I don't think there's a Microsoft CRM 4.0 connector for GP yet. But
>> Scribe should have one, the Scribe CRM connector should release soon.
>> If you find anything related to the CRM 4.0 connector for GP, please
>> share.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
>> Crowe
>> http://www.crowecrm.com
>>
>> On Jan 2, 2:43 pm, "Brandon" <bsm...@presentationsdirect.nospam.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Is there a connector for v.4 CRM to GP? If so, where is that available 
>>> at?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Brandon
>>
>
> 

0
bsmith (108)
1/3/2008 9:15:08 PM
Thanks for the info.  It's unfortunate that by the time the connector 
releases, the new version of GP is ready to release . . . so we're always 
behind.

-- 
Brandon

"Nick Doelman" <NickDoelman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:F9810399-D15F-4ED8-83A3-EF59A1760213@microsoft.com...
> Hi Brandon
>
> Based on past releases (1.0, 1.2 and 3.0) the GP-CRM connector wasn't
> available until some months after the initial release.  I would suspect 
> that
> the GP-CRM connector from Microsoft will be available sometime in the next 
> 6
> months.  (Don't quote me on that)
>
> I find it disappointing that this is not available at GA release of CRM 
> 4.0,
> and you may have to resort to a 3rd party product if you need to
> functionality sooner rather than later.
>
> I prefer Nolan integration bridge (over Microsoft integration), not sure 
> if
> Nolan is ready for 4.0 but they general are before Microsoft's is.
>
> The whole issue is that Great Plains is 10 years older than CRM and 
> designed
> very differently.
>
> Hope that helps!
> Nick
>
> -- 
> Nick Doelman
> www.readybms.com
>
>
> "Brandon" wrote:
>
>> Is there a connector for v.4 CRM to GP?  If so, where is that available 
>> at?
>>
>> -- 
>> Brandon
>>
>>
>> 

0
bsmith (108)
1/3/2008 9:16:22 PM
Brandon,

It's OK. For my previous experieces, it's usually couple month
behind. :) If you really need to use CRM 4.0. I guess looking for a
third party solution is not a bad idea.

Wish you the best of luck.

Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Jan 3, 3:15=A0pm, "Brandon" <bsm...@presentationsdirect.nospam.com>
wrote:
> I wasn't flaming the messenger, but responding to Microsoft based on what
> the messenger told me.
>
> --
> Brandon
>
> "Peter Lynch" <discussi...@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1s9fj.129790$cJ3.111057@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
>
>
> > Brandon,
>
> > Calm down and don't flame the messenger for bearing truthful messages. Y=
ou
> > may well find that more and more of your posts go unanswered (who wants
> > guaranteed ungratefulness?)
>
> > "Brandon" <bsm...@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message
> >news:uligxGhTIHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> >> We didn't buy CRM because of Scribe!!!! =A0We bought CRM because of the=

> >> "out of the box" connection to GP ... and for the most part it's worked=

> >> fine. Microsoft has REALLY dissed their customers if they don't come ou=
t
> >> with a connector!!! =A0We want these two applications to work together
> >> WITHOUT a 3rd party.
>
> >> --
> >> Brandon
>
> >> "Darren Liu" <darren...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >>news:38debfd6-33f3-444b-9a9e-eeaf0ca6f5e5@l6g2000prm.googlegroups.com...=

> >> Hi Brandon,
>
> >> I don't think there's a Microsoft CRM 4.0 connector for GP yet. But
> >> Scribe should have one, the Scribe CRM connector should release soon.
> >> If you find anything related to the CRM 4.0 connector for GP, please
> >> share.
>
> >> Thanks!
>
> >> Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> >> Crowe
> >>http://www.crowecrm.com
>
> >> On Jan 2, 2:43 pm, "Brandon" <bsm...@presentationsdirect.nospam.com>
> >> wrote:
> >>> Is there a connector for v.4 CRM to GP? If so, where is that available=

> >>> at?
>
> >>> --
> >>> Brandon- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

0
darrenliu (251)
1/4/2008 3:47:00 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How do I track emails ONLY using tokens in CRM 4.0?
The pattern matching or "intelligent" matching of email content is misapplying inbound emails to non-related cases. I want to turn this feature OFF ASAP and return to ONLY tracking through tokens in the subject line. I can turn OFF tokens but not the smart matching. A configuration option would have been nice. I think you turn on the tokens, and then your users have to use the option to only track "E-mail messages in response to CRM e-mail" - that's how you prevent CRM from using 'smart' matching. Dave Ireland "Forrest_Adam" <ForrestAd...

CRM Field Names
Is there a list on field names that CRM creates in the database in order to use them for setting up workflow? ...

Wave 4
I am liking Wave 4 but it would have been nice to have had the ability to attach labels to emails. ...

Submit button #4
I'm building an intranet for our company and here's what's going on. I've created page with a standard publisher form with a Submit button and in the properties, naturally it gives one of three options for the button; HTM, E-mail or another ISP program. I want it to email me the results. The problem is that because of the way our network is setup (not my doing), getting Frontpage Extensions to work would be nothing short of a miracle. What other options do I have that don't involve Frontpage anything? Ted, I haven't used it, but others claim it is easy and ...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0
Dear All, We were implementing MSCRM for a very protential CRM customer (Education). Even they haven't signed the contract but we already started developing on the CRM 3.0, 3 weeks ago. A lot of customisation + .NET developing required on the version 3 but now we knew that we're reinventing the wheels as some of them will be already built in the V4 which one will be realease very soon (Q1-2008?) If we place order to MS now, we will receive the V4 earlier than Q1-2008, but it is V4, not V3 So now we decided moving the developing on V4 directly because no guarantee what we wer...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0
Is it possible to hide viewing of Organizational Settings from non System Administrator users? ...

CRM and MapPoint
I have a client that has MapPoint 2004. They would like to have the ability to map all of their current clients in certain areas, also with the ability to make indication of future growth in these same areas. Currently, they can only map one facility at a time. They would like to be able to map all of their existing and future facilities for a spcific service area on one map. Does anyone know of a solution for accomplishing this? Thanks, -Rick Not a mappoint expert by any means but I think there are 2 choices: 1. Export data from CRM (can probably just use the excel export option)...

Cannot access CRM homepage on another machine
Hi, I have installed CRM 1.2 on a Windows Server 2003 SP1 machine. I can work with CRM on this machine using http://localhost. But when I try to access the homepage on another computer by typing http://CRMserver or http://IP address of CRM server I cannot access it. Can anyone please tell what do I have to configure to access the homepage on another machine? Thanks and Regards, Harshad ...

Reset CRM
Hi, How can I reset CRM database? I create contacts, acounts, invoices, etc., and i want delete all. Tnhank's, RS You cannot reset the database. You could restore the database if you took a backup before you started adding data. You can also go into the system and start deleting records. Can I ask why you need to do this? Have you been experimenting with CRM and now want to go to a live server? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Ricardo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client
Can someone tell me where I can find the CRM 3.0 Desktop client which works with Vista & Office 2007? Thanks You can download it using the following link. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=740e1b3b-11c3-4aef-b2e3-8309e0cf1bb0&DisplayLang=en Magui "circulent" <circulent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27D9D594-593F-4C1D-9E61-09F946FFA8BB@microsoft.com... > Can someone tell me where I can find the CRM 3.0 Desktop client which > works > with Vista & Office 2007? > > Thanks ...

How works conflictresolution with the offline outlookclient and ms crm?
Hi Does somebody know how the conflictresolution works if one ore more offlineclients synchronise to the server. How does it work if diffrent offlineclientds did some changes on the same field? Does someone know a good description about this problem? Thank's Michel Consider a situation where a field has been changed. 1. Two offline clients making a change 2. One offline and the second online client making a change when the client goes online the data present in the client is synchronised and saved irrespective of the time when the last changes were made to the field. "Hope...

CRM registration can not be done!
After CRM installation and valid internet connection via LAN, I could not succeed to register CRM 3.0. Is there anybody who had this problem before and solve it?? When you fill in the registration details, if you specify the implementation was done by a partner company, make sure you fill in data in all fields for the partner company, otherwise the registration process can fail -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Pleiades" wrote: > After CRM installation and valid internet connection via LAN, I could > not succeed to registe...

Migrating CRM to CRM
We had to delete the OU from the Active Directy, and now cannot get to our data. Reading through the posts it looks as though we have to use the DMF to convert our data because of the GUIDs that are hard-coded in the files. Unless someone knows of a utility that I can use to change the GUIDs in the Active Directory - but we tried a number of different things. So, is there an easy method to import CRM data into CRM? I tried using SQL DTS to the cdf_entities, but this is like pulling teeth, and don't know if I am going to be losing any data. Anyone have any insight into getti...

PDF's not traking in crm
when tracking a pdf file in CRM we get an error saying that we can not track it. the files are small so it is not an issue with them being to big. we can track other types of attachments with no problem. in the event viewer we get an error with the event ID: 5983. i did a google on it and find a solution for the old 3.0 version(which was to update to a later 3.0 version). we are on 4.0 with the latest updates. thanks for your help Hi, There is a problem attaching an email which has an attachment with an '&' in the file name. Could this be your problem? Rob "Tyler Ba...

Crm grid error
I've created a custom entity called Billed hours and associated it to the case entity (which is the parent). It doesn't allow me to open the instance of the billed hours entity in the associated view and when i select it and try to delete it, it says: "You must select one or more records before you can perform this action". I'd appreciate any help :) ...

Upgrading to CRM 3.0 Problems
Hello, We're upgrading from CRM 1.2 to 3.0 and are coming across an error we can't get past. After entering all the information it brings up the system requirements screen where it goes through everything to make sure the install will be smooth. Everything checks out except for IIS. The exact error is "The Web site's NTAuthenticationProviders must be Negotiate,NTLM" We've researched the error on the web and found the adminscripts command to make the site Negotiate,NTLM and the get command does show it to be just that but when we restart IIS and start the ins...

ACT to MS CRM 3.x Migration using Scribe Insight
Hi, I have installed Scribe Insight and Scribe Adapter for Microsoft CRM (trial version for now). I can't seem to find a nice step by step document to on how to use this software. First of all, does ACT need to be installed on the server where CRM and Scribe are running or can it just use an ACT file? Has anyone used Scribe successfully without having taken the training? Is the training recommended? mscrmuser wrote: > Hi, > > I have installed Scribe Insight and Scribe Adapter for Microsoft CRM > (trial version for now). I can't seem to find a nice step by step > ...

CRM 3.0 Changing CRM Mailbox
When I installed CRM/the Email router, I specified it to use the administrator mailbox. I now want to move it to a dedicated CRM mailbox, where cna I find this setting if it's not under Settings/Organisation Settings/System Settings/Email ?? Thanks Hi Adam, I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exchange Email Router -> Rule Deployment Wizard to update the mailbox information. Make sure the logon to start that email router Service able to access that mailbox. Darren Darren Liu wrote: > Hi Adam, > > I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exch...

Uresolved recipients 4 domain names ?
SBS2003 standard so exchange 2003. 4 domain names. I need to set up forward unresolved recipients, but only to 1 of the domain names. The problem I have is that all the domain names get treated the same. Is there a way of only forwarding 1 of the domain names ? On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 06:04:01 -0700, "martin c king" <martincking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >SBS2003 standard so exchange 2003. >4 domain names. >I need to set up forward unresolved recipients, but only to 1 of the domain >names. >The problem I have is that all the domain names get treated the ...

Announcements in Crm
Can u set it that announcements shows to all users when they log on,as there is no workflow for announcements. is there any way to intergrate a ticker at the bottom of Crm to show information? not without making unsupported changes to the announcement section. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Zombie9" <Zombie9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0ED5A80-84DE-42E3-BDD2-9D25CD846E93@microsoft.com... > Can u set it that announcements shows to all users when they log on,as > there > is no w...

Adding more Connector Lines
Hello, I am working in Org Charts and I can't seem to get more than three connector lines to connect to a 2D box at the same point. I am trying to do point to point connections from three subordinate boxes to one main box's single connector point. After I've done this, I want to connect the main box to yet another dominant box over it, as soon as I connect those two boxes, I lose one of the connector lines from the subordinate to the first main box. It seems that the boxes have a limited number of connector lines to it? I did drag the subordinate box over the main box to...

Import Error CRM 3.0 German
I am running German version of CRM 3.0 and for testing purposes we're trying to import just 6 adresses from an Excel sheet. But every import fails with the message: "Daten in der Zeile stimmen nicht mit dem Importtyp überein" "0x8004032d" We already reformatted the Excel sheet, we exported the stuff into: - txt, tabulator-splitted - csv, splitcharacter splitted, everythings fails, we are nor able to import those adresses into register "company" (Firma) Someone got an idea why? Thanks in advance for any hint, greets Tom hi Tom, check your datatype, is...

Ability to change the color scheme in GP 10.0 missing?
I have been told that I should be able to go into USER PREFERENCES > USER DISPLAY PREFERENCES to change the color scheme. For whatever reason the "scheme" button does not seem to exist in GP10 SP1. Has this feature been removed? I am not sure what you were told, but you can only change the display preferences for Link Fields and Required fields, in addition to underline prompts. As for the overall display, it is standard (no application colors) and will change according to your overall Windows scheme. Hope this clarifies, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Gl...

CRM undelete?
We had a user who deleted an entire account, and so now I'm trying to rebuild that since it all remains on SQL. I was able to bring back the account, and all its contacts and opportunities, and they all linked fine. I also brought back all the activities, but they are not linked to the account. When I do an advanced search, I can find this activities and it shows that it IS part of that account, but when I go to that account and look in the history, they are not there. After a quick check, apparently they need to be associated in the ActivityPartyBase table in MSCRM. This is where I hav...

Only 4 e-mails allowed?
I tried using outlook once before instead of outlook express and it allowed me to use all of my 15 or so e- mail addy's from one of my 4 identies on outlook express. It also accepted the other 3 identies and combined them into 1 in MS Outlook. The problem is, I uninstalled Outlook because I decided I like the identies feature in express and couldn't find it in outlook. I have since decided that I want outlook for one of my identies, my business one, but when I use the export import feature to import the e-mail settings from express it will only let the last 4 that I import ...