CRM 3.0 Speed and Performance Contacts and Accounts

We are facing a problem like discussed in CRM 3.0 Slow Web Interface since
today.
We upgraded CRM 1.2 to 3.0 everything was working fast for about 5 days and
now we have from 1 second to the other the problem, that Contacts and
Accounts needs more as 1 Minute to load. System Performance ist more or less
0. Any Idee what's causing this problem? From seconds to load up to minutes.
!! It is after the first startup not because of JIT initializing !!
Any idea?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

try thisw once...reset your IIS and see if it improves your
performance. We've started to notice this on our own system as well as
a couple client sites. We haven't done troubleshooting on it yet as we
just kind of connected the dots the other day but I'm curious if you
find the same result....improved performance...when resetting IIS. If
we figure out a cuase/fix..I'll post it.

Anyone else out thsere with this issue?

0
SteveT
3/24/2006 1:46:27 AM
I have no idea if this is related, but check the memory usage for the SQL
Server and for the IIS Web service. Do they look abmormally high?  If so,
then reboot the servers.

Mitch
We have encounterd slow performance on contacts and accounts after
upgrading from 1.2 to 3.0. How do you reset IIS?

Thanks,
Ren=E9.

SteveT wrote:
> try thisw once...reset your IIS and see if it improves your
> performance. We've started to notice this on our own system as well as
> a couple client sites. We haven't done troubleshooting on it yet as we
> just kind of connected the dots the other day but I'm curious if you
> find the same result....improved performance...when resetting IIS. If
> we figure out a cuase/fix..I'll post it.
>=20
> Anyone else out thsere with this issue?

0
rsloos
3/24/2006 2:39:36 AM
Ok. I checked mem usage. there has nothing changed. Bevore it was working
reallly fast. Faster than crm 1.2. The system was restarted after i found no
solution to look forward. It has to be somthing else.

"Mitch Milam" wrote:

> I have no idea if this is related, but check the memory usage for the SQL
> Server and for the IIS Web service. Do they look abmormally high?  If so,
> then reboot the servers.
>
> Mitch
I have gone through and applied and tried every fix found on this forum
related to this topic.

The only thing that worked sucessfully was turning the servers NIC to 10MB
half duplex or turning the clients NIC to 10mb half duplex. Either one fixed
the 30-45 sec delay I was getting. We are running intel pro 100 cards on a
1.7mhz 512mb ram hp clients (same exact machines) on 60% of our network and
Broadcom gigabit on a 3.0 ghz 1.5mb ram hp clients on the other 40% (same
exact machines). 1/2 of the machines would excperience the delay 1/2 of them
would not.

I do not wish to run my server or clients at 10mb, they have heavy network
workloads to run. Anyone hear of a fix from Microsoft???? I know several of
you mentioned you have open tickets with them....

"AS-FNet" wrote:

> We are facing a problem like discussed in CRM 3.0 Slow Web Interface since
> today.
> We upgraded CRM 1.2 to 3.0 everything was working fast for about 5 days and
> now we have from 1 second to the other the problem, that Contacts and
> Accounts needs more as 1 Minute to load. System Performance ist more or less
> 0. Any Idee what's causing this problem? From seconds to load up to minutes.
> !! It is after the first startup not because of JIT initializing !!
> Any idea?
Hi Jason,

Did you ever find a solution to this that you wish to share?

Thanks,
Manso

"Jason Bell" wrote:

> I have gone through and applied and tried every fix found on this forum
> related to this topic.
>
> The only thing that worked sucessfully was turning the servers NIC to 10MB
> half duplex or turning the clients NIC to 10mb half duplex. Either one fixed
> the 30-45 sec delay I was getting. We are running intel pro 100 cards on a
> 1.7mhz 512mb ram hp clients (same exact machines) on 60% of our network and
> Broadcom gigabit on a 3.0 ghz 1.5mb ram hp clients on the other 40% (same
> exact machines). 1/2 of the machines would excperience the delay 1/2 of them
> would not.
>
> I do not wish to run my server or clients at 10mb, they have heavy network
> workloads to run. Anyone hear of a fix from Microsoft???? I know several of
> you mentioned you have open tickets with them....
>

> "AS-FNet" wrote:
>
> > We are facing a problem like discussed in CRM 3.0 Slow Web Interface since
> > today.
> > We upgraded CRM 1.2 to 3.0 everything was working fast for about 5 days and
> > now we have from 1 second to the other the problem, that Contacts and
> > Accounts needs more as 1 Minute to load. System Performance ist more or less
> > 0. Any Idee what's causing this problem? From seconds to load up to minutes.
> > !! It is after the first startup not because of JIT initializing !!
> > Any idea?
Manso,
Unfortunately not. I placed a call to a company that specializes in
application and network performance\traffic today to try and troubleshoot the
issue. The delays are random amongst entity/user/machine/time/role. I will
post back if I find anything.

Jason

"Manso" wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Did you ever find a solution to this that you wish to share?
>
> Thanks,
> Manso
>
> "Jason Bell" wrote:
>
> > I have gone through and applied and tried every fix found on this forum
> > related to this topic.
> >
> > The only thing that worked sucessfully was turning the servers NIC to 10MB
> > half duplex or turning the clients NIC to 10mb half duplex. Either one fixed
> > the 30-45 sec delay I was getting. We are running intel pro 100 cards on a
> > 1.7mhz 512mb ram hp clients (same exact machines) on 60% of our network and
> > Broadcom gigabit on a 3.0 ghz 1.5mb ram hp clients on the other 40% (same
> > exact machines). 1/2 of the machines would excperience the delay 1/2 of them
> > would not.
> >
> > I do not wish to run my server or clients at 10mb, they have heavy network
> > workloads to run. Anyone hear of a fix from Microsoft???? I know several of
> > you mentioned you have open tickets with them....
> >

> > "AS-FNet" wrote:
> >
> > > We are facing a problem like discussed in CRM 3.0 Slow Web Interface since
> > > today.
> > > We upgraded CRM 1.2 to 3.0 everything was working fast for about 5 days and
> > > now we have from 1 second to the other the problem, that Contacts and
> > > Accounts needs more as 1 Minute to load. System Performance ist more or less
> > > 0. Any Idee what's causing this problem? From seconds to load up to minutes.
> > > !! It is after the first startup not because of JIT initializing !!
> > > Any idea?
Hi Jason,
what was the result of the troubleshooting through the company?
We have exactly the same problem. We also don't want to decrease our
potential network bandwith to make CRM work. It is especially frustrating
because it only seems to occur in MS CRM 3.0.
What client os do you run? Windows 2000?

Regards,
Elias

"jason bell" wrote:

> Manso,
> Unfortunately not. I placed a call to a company that specializes in
> application and network performance\traffic today to try and troubleshoot the
> issue. The delays are random amongst entity/user/machine/time/role. I will
> post back if I find anything.
>
> Jason
>
> "Manso" wrote:
>
> > Hi Jason,
> >
> > Did you ever find a solution to this that you wish to share?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Manso
> >
> > "Jason Bell" wrote:
> >
> > > I have gone through and applied and tried every fix found on this forum
> > > related to this topic.
> > >
> > > The only thing that worked sucessfully was turning the servers NIC to 10MB
> > > half duplex or turning the clients NIC to 10mb half duplex. Either one fixed
> > > the 30-45 sec delay I was getting. We are running intel pro 100 cards on a
> > > 1.7mhz 512mb ram hp clients (same exact machines) on 60% of our network and
> > > Broadcom gigabit on a 3.0 ghz 1.5mb ram hp clients on the other 40% (same
> > > exact machines). 1/2 of the machines would excperience the delay 1/2 of them
> > > would not.
> > >
> > > I do not wish to run my server or clients at 10mb, they have heavy network
> > > workloads to run. Anyone hear of a fix from Microsoft???? I know several of
> > > you mentioned you have open tickets with them....

Hi Elias, Jason,
I have the same issue. Terrible response times, disappearing when we change
client NIC to 10mb half duplex. Did any of you find a solution? Is this issue
resolved in the roll-up?
Thanks in advance,
Egbert

"Elias" wrote:

> Hi Jason,
> what was the result of the troubleshooting through the company?
> We have exactly the same problem. We also don't want to decrease our
> potential network bandwith to make CRM work. It is especially frustrating
> because it only seems to occur in MS CRM 3.0.
> What client os do you run? Windows 2000?
>
> Regards,
> Elias
>
> "jason bell" wrote:
>
> > Manso,
> > Unfortunately not. I placed a call to a company that specializes in
> > application and network performance\traffic today to try and troubleshoot the
> > issue. The delays are random amongst entity/user/machine/time/role. I will
> > post back if I find anything.
> >
> > Jason
> >
> > "Manso" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Jason,
> > >
> > > Did you ever find a solution to this that you wish to share?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Manso

Hi Egbert,

unfortenately the issue still occurs after installing update rollup 1 and
other available crm hotfixes. The wierd thing is that it only occurs on pcs
that are connected to a gigabit switch. It doesn't occur on PCs that are
connected to 100MBit switches (the OS (win 2k pro) + Apps are the same).

Elias

"ebjnr" wrote:

> Hi Elias, Jason,
> I have the same issue. Terrible response times, disappearing when we change
> client NIC to 10mb half duplex. Did any of you find a solution? Is this issue
> resolved in the roll-up?
> Thanks in advance,
> Egbert
>
> "Elias" wrote:
>

> > Hi Jason,
> > what was the result of the troubleshooting through the company?
> > We have exactly the same problem. We also don't want to decrease our
> > potential network bandwith to make CRM work. It is especially frustrating
> > because it only seems to occur in MS CRM 3.0.
> > What client os do you run? Windows 2000?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Elias
> >
> > "jason bell" wrote:
> >
> > > Manso,
> > > Unfortunately not. I placed a call to a company that specializes in
> > > application and network performance\traffic today to try and troubleshoot the
> > > issue. The delays are random amongst entity/user/machine/time/role. I will
> > > post back if I find anything.
> > >
> > > Jason

I have been having the same issues but only on two of eight computers' It
turned out that the Google Desktop Search Engine was the culprit. After
uninstalling the program they worked great so if you only have some computers
with the issue you might take a look at what apps are installed vs the
desktops that seem to run fine.

"Elias" wrote:

> Hi Egbert,
>
> unfortenately the issue still occurs after installing update rollup 1 and
> other available crm hotfixes. The wierd thing is that it only occurs on pcs
> that are connected to a gigabit switch. It doesn't occur on PCs that are
> connected to 100MBit switches (the OS (win 2k pro) + Apps are the same).
>
> Elias
>
> "ebjnr" wrote:
>
> > Hi Elias, Jason,
> > I have the same issue. Terrible response times, disappearing when we change
> > client NIC to 10mb half duplex. Did any of you find a solution? Is this issue
> > resolved in the roll-up?
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Egbert
> >
> > "Elias" wrote:
> >

> > > Hi Jason,
> > > what was the result of the troubleshooting through the company?
> > > We have exactly the same problem. We also don't want to decrease our
> > > potential network bandwith to make CRM work. It is especially frustrating
> > > because it only seems to occur in MS CRM 3.0.
> > > What client os do you run? Windows 2000?
> > >
> > > Regards,

Account Overview report issue?
Hi, I am trying to run the Account Overview report (open an Account, run the report from there). It chugs over it for a second or two, then I get the following 2 errors: Error: subreport could not be shown. Note: The maximum number of accounts in this report cannot exceed 10. The account I am running this on does not have any subaccounts and has a total of 4 contacts. Has anyone seen similar errors with this report? Thanks for any help... Jon DearJon What language are you running in? Is your environment SQL 2005? Go to the Reports section and look at the "Hidden" repor...

Upgragding to 1.2 to 1.3
Receiving the media on Monday. Any issues that I should be aware of? Pralell dongle. Best, M Manny, Why not wait til 1.3R due within the next couple of weeks? Otherwise, backup your database and any customized reports and/or receipts. If you get a license violation after the install, just unplug and re-plug in your dongle. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open wi...

email format #3
I have an emailing program that uses a Rich_text_box as a body. Now with rich_text_box you can have bold, multi color underlined.etc TEXT. Since using HTML body is a bad (not recommended, even thought it would keep all the formatting) thing then what else can I use to have the same type of format as an rich_text or html so when the recipient receives, it looks presentable with all it indenting, bold,.etc???? HELP!!! Only Outlook recipients can see rich-text content. HTML is a better approach if you want to reach the most people. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft O...

Office 2004 update 11.3.9 weirdness
Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 In article <1194878374.217619.309200@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, pattigibbons@nycap.rr.com wrote: > Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed > it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard > drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? > > mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 The Office updat...

CRM Field Names

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Can not copy contact information
I can no longer "copy" and past contact info, i.e. email addresses from contacts to web sites. What's going on? Select then Copy - Control C Paste - Control V Fyi...it appears you are using WLM Version 2009 Build 14.xx (which had its last update on May 12). The ability to select (copy/paste using a mouse via the context menu/rt click) is fixed in the next version Build 15 currently in beta. No date set for the final RTW version(a beta 2 refresh is expected shortly) -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Rockchips" wrote in message news:A06048B7-B71A-4B6D-9778-C4...

How do I add my Peoplepc email to Outlook email accounts?
I am new to Outlook- (Using Outlook 2003)I am trying to set up the accounts, I can't access my Peoplepc email from outlook, I can't send email from any account- it stays in the "outbox" I tried to reconfigure the Peoplepc account and still no luck. I walked thru the "set up new email account" and still no luck. Can anyone help? Seamore@peoplepc.com "Seamore" <Seamore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5AD445A-E9B8-4318-8E5E-40CE6D7E59AE@microsoft.com... > I am new to Outlook- (Using Outlook 2003)I am trying to set up the &...

GL Account Assignments
Can anyone send me a sample copy of a GL Assignment. I just can't get it to balance out. Please send me a copy of one that currently works with Quickbooks so I can figure out how to get this done. My Email Address is: Nabonibus@yahoo.com That is a bit of a challenge as the Accounts you have set up would likely vary a great deal from another setup. Here are a couple of general rules I have found helpful: 1. Creat three new accounts in Quickbooks for RMS Sales Tax, RMS Accounts Payable (use other liability type in QUickbooks), and RMS Account Receivable (Other asset type). Do not u...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

Replying with Multiple Accounts
Hi, Recently migrated a user from Outlook Express to Outlook XP. There is lots of pop accounts in his setup. When he received an email in OE, replying would go from the account it was sent from, and there was a drop down box that would allow you to choose an account to send mail from... What does Outlook offer for multiple accounts as he needs this feature... Thanks Marek It offers the same. You can use the Accounts dropdown to choose who you send from. Chris "Marek" <nospam@spam.spam> wrote in message news:uYZGaVaLFHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Re...

Reset CRM

outlook express ME 5.0
Hi! My friend has a computer that we cannot delete any sent messages. Everything else seems to work. He has messages from 2007 that need to be deleted. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks, Leo ...

From Rows to Columun #3
I have data in rows, I want to past to columns so i can import intio access... HELP Example (Current data) 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 I want to move to 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 THANKS ...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

Any way to add contacts from sent messages in Outlook 2007?
Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for Outlook Express. Thanks! Open the message and right click on the recipient's email address. You will get a pop-up menu and one of the options is to "Add to Outlook Contacts". <diego.novilinguists@gmail.com> wrote in message news:948856fc-7857-4da5-8037-f24618b2d9aa@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from > archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for > Ou...

3-rd tools to Recovery edb files
Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). thanks http://www.officerecovery.com/exchangeserver/ -- My Regards, Omar El-Sherif "Luk" <only4news@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eox4HmrPGHA.2828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from > offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). > > thanks try http://www.ontrack.co.uk/powercontrols/ - they've been around for a few years now and seem to have a...

CRM registration can not be done!

OL2002-Missing POP3 Accounts from Accounts button
Using OL2002. I have 5 POP3 email accounts and they do not show up under the Accounts button when I create a new email. Also, when I click the move up/move down buttons in the account setup screen, they randomly move and/or do not move when I click the buttons. I've found that if I click the move down button and then click an email account and repeat the process, I can get one or two of the email accounts to appear in the Accounts button drop down list, but am unable to make all of the accounts show up. Thanks in advance for the help. Scott ...

changing addresses of multiple contacts of one company
I need to know if their is an easy way to change addresses or phone numbers of many contacts at the same time, when a company moves? If you export to Excel and then sort your contacts, you can replace all addresses, city, state, zip using Excel. Then import the file back into Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, brian asked: | I need to know if...

Transaction Log Files #3
How do I calculate total Transaction Log file size on Exch2k3SP1 when I move mailboxes with, for example, total size of 100MB from one server to another (1 Storage Group, one Mailbox store)? -- Kind regards, Menko den Ouden NL On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:21:04 +0200, "Menko den Ouden" <oudenmd@exor-itNOSPAM.nl> wrote: >How do I calculate total Transaction Log file size on Exch2k3SP1 when I move >mailboxes with, for example, total size of 100MB from one server to another >(1 Storage Group, one Mailbox store)? I always assume "alot". If you are worried...