CRM 3.0 Pro and SQL 2005

I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1
When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server
says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The
Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats wrong
with my installation?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Did you use a named instance or a default instance of SQL server.  CRM only
supports default instances.

-Randy

"John68" <John68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1
> When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server
> says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The
> Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats
> wrong
> with my installation?

0
Randy
7/27/2007 2:54:03 AM
during repair of MS CRM, use default instance of SQL Server.

--
Regards,

MS CRM Certified Professional

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com

"Randy Way" wrote:

> Did you use a named instance or a default instance of SQL server.  CRM only
> supports default instances.
>
> -Randy
>
> "John68" <John68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1
> > When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server
> > says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The
> > Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats
> > wrong
> > with my installation?

When the sql server page comes up in the crm installation I put the server
name of the local server. Both Crm and sql are in the local server.The error
comes out.Should I use "localhost" instead of the server name? It won't allow
a repair..an error SSPI: row is invalid come out.

"Imran" wrote:

> during repair of MS CRM, use default instance of SQL Server.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> MS CRM Certified Professional
>
> http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com
>
> Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com
>

> "Randy Way" wrote:
>
> > Did you use a named instance or a default instance of SQL server.  CRM only
> > supports default instances.
> >
> > -Randy
> >
> > "John68" <John68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1
> > > When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server
> > > says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The
> > > Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats
> > > wrong
> > > with my installation?

Microsoft CRM supports named instances for SQL. so you don't have to
re-install SQL. But you need to contact Microsoft so it give you the
steps to by pass the check during the installation of CRM. I have many
clients using named instances.

Regards to the error message to the version number, you can go into
your CRM database and change the version back the the first initial
version, "0000". I guess you getting this error because you applied
some patches after CRM installation. when you re-install it, the
default CRM installation version unmatch.

Hope this helps.

Darren Liu
Crowe Chizek
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Jul 26, 9:54 pm, "Randy Way" <ra...@847live.com> wrote:
> Did you use a named instance or a default instance of SQL server.  CRM only
> supports default instances.
>
> -Randy
>
> "John68" <Joh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1
> > When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server
> > says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The
> > Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats
> > wrong
> > with my installation?- Hide quoted text -

Darren
7/28/2007 2:30:00 PM
Hi Darren,

Can you briefly describe how you change the version back the the first initial
version, "0000?"

Michael

"Darren Liu" wrote:

> Microsoft CRM supports named instances for SQL. so you don't have to
> re-install SQL. But you need to contact Microsoft so it give you the
> steps to by pass the check during the installation of CRM. I have many
> clients using named instances.
>
> Regards to the error message to the version number, you can go into
> your CRM database and change the version back the the first initial
> version, "0000". I guess you getting this error because you applied
> some patches after CRM installation. when you re-install it, the
> default CRM installation version unmatch.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Darren Liu
> Crowe Chizek
> http://www.crowecrm.com
>

> On Jul 26, 9:54 pm, "Randy Way" <ra...@847live.com> wrote:
> > Did you use a named instance or a default instance of SQL server.  CRM only
> > supports default instances.
> >
> > -Randy
> >
> > "John68" <Joh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > >I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1
> > > When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server
> > > says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The
> > > Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats
> > > wrong
> > > with my installation?- Hide quoted text -

Upgragding to 1.2 to 1.3
Receiving the media on Monday. Any issues that I should be aware of? Pralell dongle. Best, M Manny, Why not wait til 1.3R due within the next couple of weeks? Otherwise, backup your database and any customized reports and/or receipts. If you get a license violation after the install, just unplug and re-plug in your dongle. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open wi...

Office 2004 update 11.3.9 weirdness
Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 In article <1194878374.217619.309200@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, pattigibbons@nycap.rr.com wrote: > Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed > it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard > drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? > > mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 The Office updat...

email format #3
I have an emailing program that uses a Rich_text_box as a body. Now with rich_text_box you can have bold, multi color underlined.etc TEXT. Since using HTML body is a bad (not recommended, even thought it would keep all the formatting) thing then what else can I use to have the same type of format as an rich_text or html so when the recipient receives, it looks presentable with all it indenting, bold,.etc???? HELP!!! Only Outlook recipients can see rich-text content. HTML is a better approach if you want to reach the most people. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft O...

CRM Field Names

SQL Server Express 2008
Hi, I just had to do a full re-install on a new machine. The new machine is windows 7. I am having problems trying to install sql express 2008 Here are my steps i did. I installed Visual Studio 2008 Installed VS2008 sp1 Then uninstalled anything that said "SQL" ( because it was all for the 2005 version ). Then I went and downloaded the SQL Express 2008 and installed. It then installed SQL Express 2008 sp1. Now, when I go to the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio I dont have a server installed. I go into Server Configuration Manager and under the ...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Cannot restore backup money file. Backup was 2004, using 2005.
I'm trying to restore a money file for a friend. I've searched google and google groups for a few hours and I'm out of ideas. I need help something fierce. I only, ONLY have the backup file. I do not have the org. money file. So far I've: - Tried to do a basic restore on the backup. I get this error: "Money cannot locate 'xxx.mbf' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected" - Made sure the file wasn't read only and that it wasn't on read only media...

error when reinstalling XP Pro
thHi, I have a Dell Latitude D620. That was having some issues with ethernet and wireless connections. Nothing really found as fas as malware or viruses, without updates of course. I tried to do a windows repair from the XP CD and right when it shows starting windows to choose repair or install windows I get a blue screen with the error... PCI.SYS-address F76130BF base at F76000000 Date stamp 3B7D855C. I tried a few times and even set the BIOS to minimal. Then I pulled the hard drive out and connected to another laptop using a usb cradle, formated the drive and put it back in th...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

Triggering a SQL script from a quote
I would like to trigger a SQL script to run whenever a quote is stored in GP 10. I know how to write a script in SQL, but I have no idea how to "get into" GP to make that happen. Can anyone tell me how to get started? Please reply as though I don't have any experience in such matters, because I don't! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! Pat, You can certainly look at the Sales Order Processing printable manual, which can be found under the Documentation directory in your Microsoft Dynamics GP installation. It has step by step instructions on entering a Sale...

outlook express ME 5.0
Hi! My friend has a computer that we cannot delete any sent messages. Everything else seems to work. He has messages from 2007 that need to be deleted. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks, Leo ...

Reset CRM

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

From Rows to Columun #3
I have data in rows, I want to past to columns so i can import intio access... HELP Example (Current data) 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 I want to move to 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 THANKS ...

3-rd tools to Recovery edb files
Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). thanks http://www.officerecovery.com/exchangeserver/ -- My Regards, Omar El-Sherif "Luk" <only4news@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eox4HmrPGHA.2828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from > offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). > > thanks try http://www.ontrack.co.uk/powercontrols/ - they've been around for a few years now and seem to have a...

CRM registration can not be done!

sql server freezes excel
Hello, I'm using sql server's DTS to import an excel spreadsheet. This works fine, apart from after I have used the DTS package, I then cannot open an excel spreadsheet. I click on the spreadsheet I want to open, in the same way as usual, and the outline of the spreadsheet appears, with the toolbar along the top, but instead of the spreadsheet data, this frame contains a replica of the desktop, as if the application was frozen. The application is still running though - the toolbar works, but if you move the application around the screen it leaves ghosting marks..... If I shut down ...

Transaction Log Files #3
How do I calculate total Transaction Log file size on Exch2k3SP1 when I move mailboxes with, for example, total size of 100MB from one server to another (1 Storage Group, one Mailbox store)? -- Kind regards, Menko den Ouden NL On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:21:04 +0200, "Menko den Ouden" <oudenmd@exor-itNOSPAM.nl> wrote: >How do I calculate total Transaction Log file size on Exch2k3SP1 when I move >mailboxes with, for example, total size of 100MB from one server to another >(1 Storage Group, one Mailbox store)? I always assume "alot". If you are worried...

Migrating CRM to CRM

PDF's not traking in crm

Tables in Publisher #3
I am trying to figure out how to get tables in Publisher to auto create a new table on a new page as the table information reaches the end of a page. Auto build the tables. It is possible to do this in Word but I can not seem to find out how to get it to work in Publisher. -- Jeremie B You can't. Publisher recognizes a page, Word doesn't so it just goes on and on. Tables are one of the few areas that Word has the edge over Publisher (but I'm biased). -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Jer...