CRM 3.0 MSAP and Open Licensing

We installed 1.2 a while back which included 5 licenses. We ordered 12 more
licenses bringing the total to 17. When we pruchased them, there was an offer
running that any license bought would be transfereable to CRM 3.0.

We just recently installed 3.0 but I had to use the Trial License since we
had 17 active users and the CRM 3.0 MSAP key only allowed for 10 users. I
wasn't able to enter that in.

Two questions come of this:

1) How do I "upgrdae" the license key for the 12 that we bought through
OpenLicense? Do I even need too or can I just enter it?

2) I am unable to convert the trial license to the MSAP license presumeably
because the 17 active users are greater than the 10 in the MSAP key. If I
disabled 7 users, would I be able to convert the license?

And if 2 is true, could I then enter the key (depending on the answer to #1)
and then reenable the 7 users?

Thanks!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Anyone run into a similar situation??

Thanks!

"geoffm33" wrote:

> We installed 1.2 a while back which included 5 licenses. We ordered 12 more
> licenses bringing the total to 17. When we pruchased them, there was an offer
> running that any license bought would be transfereable to CRM 3.0.
>
> We just recently installed 3.0 but I had to use the Trial License since we
> had 17 active users and the CRM 3.0 MSAP key only allowed for 10 users. I
> wasn't able to enter that in.
>
> Two questions come of this:
>
> 1) How do I "upgrdae" the license key for the 12 that we bought through
> OpenLicense? Do I even need too or can I just enter it?
>
> 2) I am unable to convert the trial license to the MSAP license presumeably
> because the 17 active users are greater than the 10 in the MSAP key. If I
> disabled 7 users, would I be able to convert the license?
>
> And if 2 is true, could I then enter the key (depending on the answer to #1)
> and then reenable the 7 users?
>
> Thanks!

Upgragding to 1.2 to 1.3
Receiving the media on Monday. Any issues that I should be aware of? Pralell dongle. Best, M Manny, Why not wait til 1.3R due within the next couple of weeks? Otherwise, backup your database and any customized reports and/or receipts. If you get a license violation after the install, just unplug and re-plug in your dongle. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open wi...

email format #3
I have an emailing program that uses a Rich_text_box as a body. Now with rich_text_box you can have bold, multi color underlined.etc TEXT. Since using HTML body is a bad (not recommended, even thought it would keep all the formatting) thing then what else can I use to have the same type of format as an rich_text or html so when the recipient receives, it looks presentable with all it indenting, bold,.etc???? HELP!!! Only Outlook recipients can see rich-text content. HTML is a better approach if you want to reach the most people. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft O...

Office 2004 update 11.3.9 weirdness
Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 In article <1194878374.217619.309200@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, pattigibbons@nycap.rr.com wrote: > Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed > it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard > drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? > > mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 The Office updat...

To Open Pocket PC Excel file using Excel 2000
I have copied an Excel file created using Pocket PC Excel program in my PDA (.pxl) to my notebook. BUT i cannot open the file using my Excel 2000 s/w in my notebook. Please help. ...

CRM Field Names

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

Reset CRM

outlook express ME 5.0
Hi! My friend has a computer that we cannot delete any sent messages. Everything else seems to work. He has messages from 2007 that need to be deleted. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks, Leo ...

From Rows to Columun #3
I have data in rows, I want to past to columns so i can import intio access... HELP Example (Current data) 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 I want to move to 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 THANKS ...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

Trying to open a blank document
Every time I open Word a particular document opens with it. I seem to be unable to open a blank document. I deleted the document that appears every time I open Word and still that same document is there when I open Word and /or a new blank page on Word. Any advice on how to correct this? See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/blankdocnotblank.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Chairlady1" <Chairlady1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7D6D85F-9ED4-4D23-944A-8A977F9F672A@microsoft.com... > Every time I open Word a particular docum...

3-rd tools to Recovery edb files
Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). thanks http://www.officerecovery.com/exchangeserver/ -- My Regards, Omar El-Sherif "Luk" <only4news@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eox4HmrPGHA.2828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from > offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). > > thanks try http://www.ontrack.co.uk/powercontrols/ - they've been around for a few years now and seem to have a...

CRM registration can not be done!

Void Open Invoice
Okay, let me start by saying, I was having a really bad day when I created this mess. I thought I was messing around with some invoices in our test company, but it turns out I was in the live database. I created a single item PO, received it, and then matched the invoice but I added a discount, freight, and misc charges and then posted it. Soon thereafter I realized my mistake and contacted someone in accounting and they voided the GL Batch. However, now there is an open payable transaction I can't void. I have tried going to Void Open Transactions and placing a check in the vo...

Transaction Log Files #3
How do I calculate total Transaction Log file size on Exch2k3SP1 when I move mailboxes with, for example, total size of 100MB from one server to another (1 Storage Group, one Mailbox store)? -- Kind regards, Menko den Ouden NL On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:21:04 +0200, "Menko den Ouden" <oudenmd@exor-itNOSPAM.nl> wrote: >How do I calculate total Transaction Log file size on Exch2k3SP1 when I move >mailboxes with, for example, total size of 100MB from one server to another >(1 Storage Group, one Mailbox store)? I always assume "alot". If you are worried...

Open Relay/Proxy
I have a couple of Exchange 5.5 Servers that are relaying #%(@*#&!! Spam mail. I have neither an open relay, nor (as far as I can tell) an open proxy. The servers are behind a Netopia 9100 router using NAT. The only open ports are smtp, pop3 and http. Thinking that maybe a username/password had been compromised, I changed the Routing Restrictions from "Hosts and clients that successfully authenticate" to "Hosts and Clients with these IP addresses" and added the non-routable address range of the LAN 1) If anyone has better tools than I do, I welcome you to confirm that ...

Migrating CRM to CRM

Tables in Publisher #3
I am trying to figure out how to get tables in Publisher to auto create a new table on a new page as the table information reaches the end of a page. Auto build the tables. It is possible to do this in Word but I can not seem to find out how to get it to work in Publisher. -- Jeremie B You can't. Publisher recognizes a page, Word doesn't so it just goes on and on. Tables are one of the few areas that Word has the edge over Publisher (but I'm biased). -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Jer...

PDF's not traking in crm

opening forms to a blank record in Access 97
I am trying to have Access 97 open up to a blank record to be filled in but still be able to search for old records using the search or find function. Currently, if I set the Data Entry to yes, when I open the form it opens to a blank record but I can not search to bring up a previous record. Leave DataEntry as No. Add this code the the Event Procedure for the form's Load event: Private Sub Form_Load() If Not Me.NewRecord Then RunCommand acCmdRecordsGotoNew End If End Sub -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://all...