CRM 3.0 KB927751 Update Roll Up Install Problem

Hi,

I'm running CRM 3.0 Small Business edition on Windows Small Business Server
2003 R2 with SQL 2005.

When I try to install the update roll up (KB927751) It unpack the files, but
before the instalation starts, it comes up with an Installation Error saying:

"Setup failed to update the database. The installation of this update has
stopped."

Does anybody have any clues as to what might be causing this?

The rest of the CRM appears to work fine.

Thanks in advance

Tim
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Solved the problem in the end - It turns out that the DataMigration pack
caused the issue. Uninstalling this allows the installation of the Roll Up to
complete without any issues.

Tim

"Tim Jarrett" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running CRM 3.0 Small Business edition on Windows Small Business Server
> 2003 R2 with SQL 2005.
>
> When I try to install the update roll up (KB927751) It unpack the files, but
> before the instalation starts, it comes up with an Installation Error saying:
>
> "Setup failed to update the database. The installation of this update has
> stopped."
>
> Does anybody have any clues as to what might be causing this?
>
> The rest of the CRM appears to work fine.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Tim

Upgragding to 1.2 to 1.3
Receiving the media on Monday. Any issues that I should be aware of? Pralell dongle. Best, M Manny, Why not wait til 1.3R due within the next couple of weeks? Otherwise, backup your database and any customized reports and/or receipts. If you get a license violation after the install, just unplug and re-plug in your dongle. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open wi...

email format #3
I have an emailing program that uses a Rich_text_box as a body. Now with rich_text_box you can have bold, multi color underlined.etc TEXT. Since using HTML body is a bad (not recommended, even thought it would keep all the formatting) thing then what else can I use to have the same type of format as an rich_text or html so when the recipient receives, it looks presentable with all it indenting, bold,.etc???? HELP!!! Only Outlook recipients can see rich-text content. HTML is a better approach if you want to reach the most people. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft O...

Office 2004 update 11.3.9 weirdness
Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 In article <1194878374.217619.309200@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, pattigibbons@nycap.rr.com wrote: > Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed > it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard > drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? > > mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 The Office updat...

CRM Field Names

Problem adding input to cell
I've had Excel files for several years and never had this problem - what did I do??? All of a sudden when I try to click in a cell it won't let me do anything - add or change and data . The only place I'm able to change or add data is in text boxes that are already there. :( -- PghPatti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PghPatti's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24706 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382734 Do you get a popup message back? Does it say you...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Excel 1900 Date Problem
I'm modifying an existing spreadsheet. When I modify an input cell t change the date, the date in the cell appears incorrect. Example: enter 1/14/2001 and the cell reads 1/0/1900. However, in the task ba the correct date appears. Any clues as to why this happens -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi bluesband! Sounds to me that youe are pressing "=" before you put in the date. This "tells" Excel 1 divided by 14 divided by 2001 which Excel returns as 0.0000356964374955379 You then format as a date to get 1/0/1900. Don't press the "=&q...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

Batch Update problems...
Hey Gang, A few weeks ago someone helped me with a batch update to change document properties (Word 2003). I got a macro to change the "Title" and it worked like a champ. I modified it to change the "Author" and it too worked like a champ. I recently modified it to change the "Subject" and it goes through the whole "Wend" but nothing got changed. See code below. Any ideas? this is driving me crazy! TIA! ======Author code that works====== Sub BatchProcessAuthorChanges() Dim strFileName As String Dim strPath As String Dim oDoc ...

Reset CRM

outlook express ME 5.0
Hi! My friend has a computer that we cannot delete any sent messages. Everything else seems to work. He has messages from 2007 that need to be deleted. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks, Leo ...

From Rows to Columun #3
I have data in rows, I want to past to columns so i can import intio access... HELP Example (Current data) 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 I want to move to 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 THANKS ...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

when I try to run detect and repair, windows installer comes up
and asks for the office cd, however when I put it in, it never loads , so how do I run it??? I have office 2000 and win xp pro You can also insert your CD, start setup and choose Repair then. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message news:u0nlBvBsEHA.2776@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > and asks for the office cd, however when I put it in, it never loads , so > how do I run it??? I have office 2000 and ...

Auto date range updating in Charts
I would like to know how to write a formula that can be typed into an excel chart's category labels box and series values boxes to search for and update ranges to a specific range, such as one year's worth of row entries. In this way, each time a new date and set of entries are made into the spreadsheet, the accompanying chart would update to the new range (last date). I have tried using named formulas to accomplish this, but I have so many spreadsheet in the workbook, that this becomes unwieldy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Hi Dave, > I have t...

Merge & mail-Problem Inserting full address?
Hello, I'm going crazy with this problem. I'm wanting to print addresses directing on my customer mailing, using no labels. I've successfully added my data source file but when I go to add the Address Block or Address Fields I can't get past having only one Field show. (like First Name) Where it says "Point to field that you want to insert. When the drop down arrows appears, click the arrow, & then Click Insert Text or Insert as Picture". Well I'm not able to find any other of my address fields 'drop down' to add. Even in the Insert Addre...

3-rd tools to Recovery edb files
Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). thanks http://www.officerecovery.com/exchangeserver/ -- My Regards, Omar El-Sherif "Luk" <only4news@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eox4HmrPGHA.2828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from > offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). > > thanks try http://www.ontrack.co.uk/powercontrols/ - they've been around for a few years now and seem to have a...

Windows Live Messenger Login Screen problem
Hi All Wonder if anyone can help me. When ever my login screen pops up to type in my email address and password the font has become so small that it is impossible to read. Does anyone have any ideas how to restore it's normal size? I would enclose a screen grab to display this but I don't think I can on this site. Many thanks Timboya;1234807 Wrote: > Hi All > > Wonder if anyone can help me. When ever my login screen pops up to type > in > my email address and password the font has become so small that it is > impossible to read. Does anyone...

problems with restoring back up
I had Money 2003 home & business on my desktop (XP). I now have a new laptop (vista). I have downloaded the trial of the 2008 Home & business money version. I copied the backup file (.mny) through network connection from the deskto to the laptop. Everythime I open the new Money and go to restore backup it asks me for my old password, it comes up with some windows, saying that it is converting files and then it opens the home Money screen, but none of my old info is there, no accounts, no bills. I have run the new Moeny as an administrator and then restarted and I have opened the...

CRM registration can not be done!

Transaction Log Files #3
How do I calculate total Transaction Log file size on Exch2k3SP1 when I move mailboxes with, for example, total size of 100MB from one server to another (1 Storage Group, one Mailbox store)? -- Kind regards, Menko den Ouden NL On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:21:04 +0200, "Menko den Ouden" <oudenmd@exor-itNOSPAM.nl> wrote: >How do I calculate total Transaction Log file size on Exch2k3SP1 when I move >mailboxes with, for example, total size of 100MB from one server to another >(1 Storage Group, one Mailbox store)? I always assume "alot". If you are worried...