CRM 3.0 Invalid Association error when sending email

On a fresh CRM 3.0 installation I receive the error "Invalid Association. The
request association is not valid" when we try to send an email. Anyone know
about this? Thanks!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi.

I also have the "Invalid Association" error when sending email, did anyone
find a resolution to this?

Thanks in Advance.

Dav

"Troy" wrote:

> On a fresh CRM 3.0 installation I receive the error "Invalid Association. The
> request association is not valid" when we try to send an email. Anyone know
> about this? Thanks!
Reply to self - turned out to be the authentication on the SMTP, used
add/remove to repair the CRM Server and changed the user/password, worked ok

"Dav" wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I also have the "Invalid Association" error when sending email, did anyone
> find a resolution to this?
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Dav
>
> "Troy" wrote:
>
> > On a fresh CRM 3.0 installation I receive the error "Invalid Association. The
> > request association is not valid" when we try to send an email. Anyone know
> > about this? Thanks!
Hi there guys.
I am pretty new in the CRM world, but I am experiencing a similar problem in
my Live server.
Could you please specify on that solution Dav.

Thanks in advance,

Tiago

"Dav" wrote:

> Reply to self - turned out to be the authentication on the SMTP, used
> add/remove to repair the CRM Server and changed the user/password, worked ok
>
> "Dav" wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > I also have the "Invalid Association" error when sending email, did anyone
> > find a resolution to this?
> >
> > Thanks in Advance.
> >
> > Dav
> >
> > "Troy" wrote:
> >
> > > On a fresh CRM 3.0 installation I receive the error "Invalid Association. The
> > > request association is not valid" when we try to send an email. Anyone know
> > > about this? Thanks!
Tiago,

Use add/remove on the crm server, and select repair.  As you step through
the options you will get to the email configuration page.  Ensure that you
fill in details for both the incoming and outgoing servers (top and bottom of
the screen) and use a valid username/password to authenticate.

"Tiago Valerio dos Santos" wrote:

> Hi there guys.
> I am pretty new in the CRM world, but I am experiencing a similar problem in
> my Live server.
> Could you please specify on that solution Dav.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tiago
>
> "Dav" wrote:
>
> > Reply to self - turned out to be the authentication on the SMTP, used
> > add/remove to repair the CRM Server and changed the user/password, worked ok
> >
> > "Dav" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > I also have the "Invalid Association" error when sending email, did anyone
> > > find a resolution to this?
> > >
> > > Thanks in Advance.
> > >
> > > Dav

Hi Dav,

thanks for your prompt reply and indeed it seems to have worked, but, and as
"glitches" usually come in two, now it gives me yet another error message.
"Invalid Visibility Modification Access".
When I proceeded with the repair, in the smtp authentication fields, I used
the administrator account and password. Unfortunately I didn't install and
configured the server myself, and it's something I picked up from another
admin, but I am inclined to think that this is somehow related to the Email
Router user that exists in the AD, and that is used to track the emails sent
from within CRM.
Do you think that this might be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Tiago

"Dav" wrote:

> Tiago,
>
> Use add/remove on the crm server, and select repair.  As you step through
> the options you will get to the email configuration page.  Ensure that you
> fill in details for both the incoming and outgoing servers (top and bottom of
> the screen) and use a valid username/password to authenticate.
>
> "Tiago Valerio dos Santos" wrote:
>
> > Hi there guys.
> > I am pretty new in the CRM world, but I am experiencing a similar problem in
> > my Live server.
> > Could you please specify on that solution Dav.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Tiago
> >
> > "Dav" wrote:
> >
> > > Reply to self - turned out to be the authentication on the SMTP, used
> > > add/remove to repair the CRM Server and changed the user/password, worked ok

Tiago,

Did you manage to fix the "Invalid Visibility Modification Access". error ?

"Tiago Valerio dos Santos" wrote:

> Hi Dav,
>
> thanks for your prompt reply and indeed it seems to have worked, but, and as
> "glitches" usually come in two, now it gives me yet another error message.
> "Invalid Visibility Modification Access".
> When I proceeded with the repair, in the smtp authentication fields, I used
> the administrator account and password. Unfortunately I didn't install and
> configured the server myself, and it's something I picked up from another
> admin, but I am inclined to think that this is somehow related to the Email
> Router user that exists in the AD, and that is used to track the emails sent
> from within CRM.
> Do you think that this might be the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Tiago
>
> "Dav" wrote:
>
> > Tiago,
> >
> > Use add/remove on the crm server, and select repair.  As you step through
> > the options you will get to the email configuration page.  Ensure that you
> > fill in details for both the incoming and outgoing servers (top and bottom of
> > the screen) and use a valid username/password to authenticate.
> >
> > "Tiago Valerio dos Santos" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi there guys.
> > > I am pretty new in the CRM world, but I am experiencing a similar problem in
> > > my Live server.
> > > Could you please specify on that solution Dav.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > >
> > > Tiago

Upgragding to 1.2 to 1.3
Receiving the media on Monday. Any issues that I should be aware of? Pralell dongle. Best, M Manny, Why not wait til 1.3R due within the next couple of weeks? Otherwise, backup your database and any customized reports and/or receipts. If you get a license violation after the install, just unplug and re-plug in your dongle. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open wi...

email format #3
I have an emailing program that uses a Rich_text_box as a body. Now with rich_text_box you can have bold, multi color underlined.etc TEXT. Since using HTML body is a bad (not recommended, even thought it would keep all the formatting) thing then what else can I use to have the same type of format as an rich_text or html so when the recipient receives, it looks presentable with all it indenting, bold,.etc???? HELP!!! Only Outlook recipients can see rich-text content. HTML is a better approach if you want to reach the most people. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft O...

Office 2004 update 11.3.9 weirdness
Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 In article <1194878374.217619.309200@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, pattigibbons@nycap.rr.com wrote: > Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed > it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard > drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? > > mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 The Office updat...

CRM Field Names

Wave 4
I am liking Wave 4 but it would have been nice to have had the ability to attach labels to emails. ...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

How to enable the email address to repeat when entering a email
The outlook email program will not automaticallly fill in the email address of email address that I have previously used. How and where can I enable that menu? Thanks Depends on your Outlook version which you failed to mention. Since the feature is enabled by default, I suspect you have other problems. Clarify your post and provide more detail. -- Russ Valentine "Crash1234" <Crash1234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4818E78-9AD9-4256-9649-461E107FDD40@microsoft.com... > The outlook email program will not automaticallly fill in the email &g...

error when reinstalling XP Pro
thHi, I have a Dell Latitude D620. That was having some issues with ethernet and wireless connections. Nothing really found as fas as malware or viruses, without updates of course. I tried to do a windows repair from the XP CD and right when it shows starting windows to choose repair or install windows I get a blue screen with the error... PCI.SYS-address F76130BF base at F76000000 Date stamp 3B7D855C. I tried a few times and even set the BIOS to minimal. Then I pulled the hard drive out and connected to another laptop using a usb cradle, formated the drive and put it back in th...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

Undelivered message for mail I didn't send
I'm starting to get some "undelivered mail" messages and the address that is shown is one that I haven't sent mail to, EVER. What is wrong, and how do I fix it? Thanks. is it spam or legit mail? Spammers often forge the from address so it has a better chance of getting through spam filters. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and...

duplicate emails being sent #2
Hello all Runnign exchange sp2 on windows 2003 sp1. I ahve a user who complained that she got an a duplicate email from another user. Both users are on the same exchange server. When i look a message tracking and specify the user who sent the duplicate email, i can see that there are two emails wit hthe same subject and are going to the user who got the duplicate. When i look at the user sent items who sent the duplicate, i only see one email being sent to the user. So Message tracking is saying that there were two emails, but in the users sent items i only see 1. What can i do to try...

outlook express ME 5.0
Hi! My friend has a computer that we cannot delete any sent messages. Everything else seems to work. He has messages from 2007 that need to be deleted. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks, Leo ...

Reset CRM

From Rows to Columun #3
I have data in rows, I want to past to columns so i can import intio access... HELP Example (Current data) 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 I want to move to 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 THANKS ...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

Emails Doubling
People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I receive doubles of others' emails also. "pammor" <pammor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE3A796F-FC12-4712-9510-8163FB406E73@microsoft.com... > People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I > receive > doubles of others' emails also. Go to the Tools menu>Accounts> ensure that you do not have your account set up twice, if so remove one instance of it. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org...

3-rd tools to Recovery edb files
Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). thanks http://www.officerecovery.com/exchangeserver/ -- My Regards, Omar El-Sherif "Luk" <only4news@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eox4HmrPGHA.2828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from > offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). > > thanks try http://www.ontrack.co.uk/powercontrols/ - they've been around for a few years now and seem to have a...

CRM registration can not be done!

Money will not send reports to Desktop or e-mail
Money will not send a created report to the desk top or to e-mail when using the send to function. It just dies no error or other message. Any ideas? ...

Transaction Log Files #3
How do I calculate total Transaction Log file size on Exch2k3SP1 when I move mailboxes with, for example, total size of 100MB from one server to another (1 Storage Group, one Mailbox store)? -- Kind regards, Menko den Ouden NL On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:21:04 +0200, "Menko den Ouden" <oudenmd@exor-itNOSPAM.nl> wrote: >How do I calculate total Transaction Log file size on Exch2k3SP1 when I move >mailboxes with, for example, total size of 100MB from one server to another >(1 Storage Group, one Mailbox store)? I always assume "alot". If you are worried...