Hi,

Doing a CRM 3.0 Server installation.  During the last page of the install
wizard (or what I assume is the last page) when I goes through and does
verification I get a red X next to SQL Reporting Services.   The message I
receive when I look at the details is:

*****
The specified path is not a metabase path.
Parameter name: path
*****

Now SRS is installed and working.  I put in the URL:
http://<servername>/reportserver and every other variation on that I can
find.

Thoughts?

Alan

0
Alan
12/2/2005 7:52:17 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

try http://servername/reports

also assuming you did not use ssl...

=========================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx

"Alan Whitehouse" <awhitehouse@_SPAMBLOCKREMOVE_tgo.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Doing a CRM 3.0 Server installation.  During the last page of the install
> wizard (or what I assume is the last page) when I goes through and does
> verification I get a red X next to SQL Reporting Services.   The message I
> receive when I look at the details is:
>
> *****
> The specified path is not a metabase path.
> Parameter name: path
> *****
>
> Now SRS is installed and working.  I put in the URL:
> http://<servername>/reportserver and every other variation on that I can
> find.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Alan

0
John
12/3/2005 5:03:47 AM
I also have an error in the same spot, tho somewhat different. The
installation program keeps telling me that it cannot find the Reporting
Server, or that it isn't running. I have also tried every variant I can think
of for the URL.

Another note - it will not let me install a new instance of Reporting
Services, even after I removed it from the base SQL Server 2005 install. I am
using SQL Server 2005 Enterprise with CRM 3.0

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> try http://servername/reports
>
> also assuming you did not use ssl...
>

> =========================
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx
>

> "Alan Whitehouse" <awhitehouse@_SPAMBLOCKREMOVE_tgo.ca> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Doing a CRM 3.0 Server installation.  During the last page of the install
> > wizard (or what I assume is the last page) when I goes through and does
> > verification I get a red X next to SQL Reporting Services.   The message I
> > receive when I look at the details is:
> >
> > *****
> > The specified path is not a metabase path.
> > Parameter name: path
> > *****
> >
> > Now SRS is installed and working.  I put in the URL:
> > http://<servername>/reportserver and every other variation on that I can
> > find.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >
> > Alan

Alan,

Do you (accidentally) have SharePoint on the machine where you try to
install CRM3?

Regards,

Stefan Sainiuc

> > "Alan Whitehouse" <awhitehouse@_SPAMBLOCKREMOVE_tgo.ca> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Doing a CRM 3.0 Server installation.  During the last page of the install
> > > wizard (or what I assume is the last page) when I goes through and does
> > > verification I get a red X next to SQL Reporting Services.   The message I
> > > receive when I look at the details is:
> > >
> > > *****
> > > The specified path is not a metabase path.
> > > Parameter name: path
> > > *****
> > >
> > > Now SRS is installed and working.  I put in the URL:
> > > http://<servername>/reportserver and every other variation on that I can
> > > find.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> > >
> > > Alan

0
stefan_sainiuc
12/7/2005 12:29:43 PM
I'm trying to set up a test CRM environment on SBS 2003 and I do have
SharePoint on that machine, I wasn't aware that this was a problem.  Should I
remove it?

"stefan_sainiuc" wrote:

> Alan,
>
> Do you (accidentally) have SharePoint on the machine where you try to
> install CRM3?
>
> Regards,
>
> Stefan Sainiuc
>
> > > "Alan Whitehouse" <awhitehouse@_SPAMBLOCKREMOVE_tgo.ca> wrote in message

Be sure to use port 80 if not using SSL, it will error just like that ^
 - doesn't like non-std port

0
gordy
12/12/2005 12:19:30 AM
Hi,

For those who had successfully complete the CRM 3.0 on SQL 2005 under
SBS2033 Pre installation, kindly share the right way to clear the problem of
the following:-

Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server
http://CEO-MATCH-XEON-/ReportServer. Error: The request failed with HTTP
status 403: Forbidden.

I did not install MS ISA, non I have the 127.0.0.1 IP Address in Place but
having

IP Address: (all Unassigned)
                 192.168.0.102
                 169.254.183.190

TCP Port : 80      SSL port:  443

What I can do next just to complete my CRM 3.0 setup on SBS2003 with SQL
2005 with Report Server in place?

Thank you in advance for your sharing...
"gordy" wrote:

> Be sure to use port 80 if not using SSL, it will error just like that ^
>  - doesn't like non-std port

Hi gang,

I've managed to get the CRM 3.0 Installed and working with SQL 2005 except I
keep getting "Reports.config has invalid schema, and could not be loaded"
Every time I try to view reports... anyone come accross this... and perhaps
have a solution?

--
-- Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk and cut with an axe --

"Simon" wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a test CRM environment on SBS 2003 and I do have
> SharePoint on that machine, I wasn't aware that this was a problem.  Should I
> remove it?
>
> "stefan_sainiuc" wrote:
>
> > Alan,
> >
> > Do you (accidentally) have SharePoint on the machine where you try to
> > install CRM3?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Stefan Sainiuc

How did you get CRM3.0 and SQL 2005 working?

That is the same environment we have, but our upgrade from CRM 1.2 to 3.0 is
failing on the SRS piece.

Any advice?

"Finni" wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> I've managed to get the CRM 3.0 Installed and working with SQL 2005 except I
> keep getting "Reports.config has invalid schema, and could not be loaded"
> Every time I try to view reports... anyone come accross this... and perhaps
> have a solution?
>
> --
> -- Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk and cut with an axe --
>

> "Simon" wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to set up a test CRM environment on SBS 2003 and I do have
> > SharePoint on that machine, I wasn't aware that this was a problem.  Should I
> > remove it?
> >
> > "stefan_sainiuc" wrote:
> >
> > > Alan,
> > >
> > > Do you (accidentally) have SharePoint on the machine where you try to
> > > install CRM3?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Stefan Sainiuc

I am having the same problem.

I've re-installed RS multiple times, tried with and without SSL, fooled with
privileges, set it up as a separate service, etc, etc.  I can access RS from
the local machine and use it just fine, but I always get:

The specified path is not a metabase path.
Parameter name: path

At the last step of setup.

I've tried

http://localhost/reportserver
http://localhost/reports

Man, is this ever frustrating!

"Alan Whitehouse" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Doing a CRM 3.0 Server installation.  During the last page of the install
> wizard (or what I assume is the last page) when I goes through and does
> verification I get a red X next to SQL Reporting Services.   The message I
> receive when I look at the details is:
>
> *****
> The specified path is not a metabase path.
> Parameter name: path
> *****
>
> Now SRS is installed and working.  I put in the URL:
> http://<servername>/reportserver and every other variation on that I can
> find.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Alan

We are at the same place on our SQL2005 RS implementation - if you let
CRM install RS works fine , but it detects 2005 and won't let you do
that so your forced to the existing URL.

Like someone else mentioned on that envionrment you can access reports
fine from within the CRM web server but not from a remote.

0
Mr
12/22/2005 6:44:12 AM
Yes, I had this problem. Make sure that the IIS Virtual Server running CRM
3.0 is not configured to use ASP.NET 2.0 by default - CRM requires ASP.NET
1.1

"Finni" <Finni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi gang,
>
> I've managed to get the CRM 3.0 Installed and working with SQL 2005 except
> keep getting "Reports.config has invalid schema, and could not be loaded"
> Every time I try to view reports... anyone come accross this... and
> perhaps
> have a solution?
>
> --
> -- Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk and cut with an axe --
>

> "Simon" wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to set up a test CRM environment on SBS 2003 and I do have
>> SharePoint on that machine, I wasn't aware that this was a problem.
>> Should I
>> remove it?
>>
>> "stefan_sainiuc" wrote:
>>
>> > Alan,
>> >
>> > Do you (accidentally) have SharePoint on the machine where you try to
>> > install CRM3?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Stefan Sainiuc

0
Simon
12/24/2005 8:24:21 PM
I am in the middle of the same issue on my Dev machine -  I hate this
stuff...

Pierre Hulsebus

0
Pierre
12/27/2005 8:15:27 PM
My CRM 3.0 installation is also failing because of  Reporting Services
error:

The specified path is not a metabase path.
Parameter name: path

When try to install CRM 3.0 on SBS 2003 using SQL Server 2000

The reporting services are running on http://local/Reports and
http://local/ReportServer is the correct URL I think (I have also tried
different variations)

I have tried changing the permissions on the Reporting Service Service
and the SQL Server service (as it said in the CRM  Install Doc that the
install would fail if SQL Server is running under a local
Administrator). I have also granted access to the default website to
all computers but to no avail.

Can anyone suggest a solution please?

Pierre Hulsebus wrote:

> I am in the middle of the same issue on my Dev machine -  I hate this
> stuff...
>
> Pierre Hulsebus

0
mikehug
1/11/2006 4:46:23 PM
I am having the exact error on Win2003 and SQL 2005 standard.

The specified path is not a metabase path.
Parameter name: path

--
Gary

"mikehug@gmail.com" wrote:

> My CRM 3.0 installation is also failing because of  Reporting Services
> error:
>
> The specified path is not a metabase path.
> Parameter name: path
>
> When try to install CRM 3.0 on SBS 2003 using SQL Server 2000
>
> The reporting services are running on http://local/Reports and
> http://local/ReportServer is the correct URL I think (I have also tried
> different variations)
>
> I have tried changing the permissions on the Reporting Service Service
> and the SQL Server service (as it said in the CRM  Install Doc that the
> install would fail if SQL Server is running under a local
> Administrator). I have also granted access to the default website to
> all computers but to no avail.
>
> Can anyone suggest a solution please?
>

> Pierre Hulsebus wrote:
>
> > I am in the middle of the same issue on my Dev machine -  I hate this
> > stuff...
> >
> > Pierre Hulsebus

We finally ended up paying for support and the problem was......SQL 2005!!!

Even though the CRM 3.0 Install Documenation says CRM 3.0 will work on SQL
2000 SP4 or SQL 2005, we found out the hard way that CRM 3.0 really can NOT
be installed with SQL 2005.

Would have helped if the documentation didn't state otherwise when
performing the upgrade, but ok?

Good luck!

"Gary" wrote:

> I am having the exact error on Win2003 and SQL 2005 standard.
>
> The specified path is not a metabase path.
> Parameter name: path
>

> --
> Gary
>

> "mikehug@gmail.com" wrote:
>
> > My CRM 3.0 installation is also failing because of  Reporting Services
> > error:
> >
> > The specified path is not a metabase path.
> > Parameter name: path
> >
> > When try to install CRM 3.0 on SBS 2003 using SQL Server 2000
> >
> > The reporting services are running on http://local/Reports and
> > http://local/ReportServer is the correct URL I think (I have also tried
> > different variations)
> >
> > I have tried changing the permissions on the Reporting Service Service
> > and the SQL Server service (as it said in the CRM  Install Doc that the
> > install would fail if SQL Server is running under a local
> > Administrator). I have also granted access to the default website to
> > all computers but to no avail.
> >
> > Can anyone suggest a solution please?
> >

> > Pierre Hulsebus wrote:
> >
> > > I am in the middle of the same issue on my Dev machine -  I hate this
> > > stuff...
> > >
> > > Pierre Hulsebus

I was able to get CRM 3.0 and SQL 2005 to work for the most part.  My
main problem now is that I can not run reports in CRM via the web.  I
can run them if I am on the CRM server logged into CRM but not
remotely.

To get CRM and SQL 2005 to work here is what I did:
1. Install default instance of SQL 2005 without reporting services on
http://SQLServer
2. Install SQL 2005 Reporting Services on http://CRMServer
3. Configure Reporting Services.
3a. Make sure you setup seperate App Pools in IIS for Reporting
Services.
4. Install CRM 3.0 on http://CRMServer
4a. I created a New Website
4b. Point DB to SQLServer and Reporting Services to
http://CRMServer/ReportServer
4c. Point Email to your exchange box.
- When it checks everything I always got the Trust for delegation error
on the AD portion.  No idea on why.
5. Go into IIS and CHange the IP to something else<192.168.1.125> and
change the default port from 5555 to 80.
6. Go into regedit to HKLM/Software/Microsoft/MSCRM - find the
ServerURL value and modify it to your new IP address. will look
somehting like this: http://CRMServer:5555/MSCRMServices CHange to
this: http://192.168.1.125/MSCRMServices

Now you should be set.  Bring up IE and goto your crm box.  login:
DOMAIN\Username

You should be able to see the reports but like I said I am still having
issues getting them to run remotely.  It seems like it is
authenticating correctly when the report runs.  If you log into your
CRM server and Bring up IE and logon to CRM you will be able to run
your reports.  It will ask you for your credentials just before it
runs.  It does not do that remotely, just gives a page not found error.
 Anyway hope this helps.  If anyone has any odeas on this remote thing
please let me know.
Cayla wrote:
> We finally ended up paying for support and the problem was......SQL 2005!!!
>
> Even though the CRM 3.0 Install Documenation says CRM 3.0 will work on SQL
> 2000 SP4 or SQL 2005, we found out the hard way that CRM 3.0 really can NOT
> be installed with SQL 2005.
>
> Would have helped if the documentation didn't state otherwise when
> performing the upgrade, but ok?
>
> Good luck!
>
> "Gary" wrote:
>
> > I am having the exact error on Win2003 and SQL 2005 standard.
> >
> > The specified path is not a metabase path.
> > Parameter name: path
> >

> > --
> > Gary
> >

> > "mikehug@gmail.com" wrote:
> >
> > > My CRM 3.0 installation is also failing because of  Reporting Services
> > > error:
> > >
> > > The specified path is not a metabase path.
> > > Parameter name: path
> > >
> > > When try to install CRM 3.0 on SBS 2003 using SQL Server 2000
> > >
> > > The reporting services are running on http://local/Reports and
> > > http://local/ReportServer is the correct URL I think (I have also tried
> > > different variations)
> > >
> > > I have tried changing the permissions on the Reporting Service Service
> > > and the SQL Server service (as it said in the CRM  Install Doc that the
> > > install would fail if SQL Server is running under a local
> > > Administrator). I have also granted access to the default website to
> > > all computers but to no avail.
> > >
> > > Can anyone suggest a solution please?

0
ttrig324
1/18/2006 6:01:43 PM
I should have mentioned the server setup is 3 servers.  All running
Windows 2003.  SQLServer - Win2k3, SQL2005  ;  CRMServer-Win2k3, SQL
Reporting Services 2005, CRM 3.0    ;   DCServer - Win2k3

0
Tony
1/18/2006 6:05:02 PM
I should have mentioned the server setup is 3 servers.  All running
Windows 2003.  SQLServer - Win2k3, SQL2005  ;  CRMServer-Win2k3, SQL
Reporting Services 2005, CRM 3.0    ;   DCServer - Win2k3

0
Tony
1/18/2006 6:10:25 PM
I had a similar problem and a Microsoft employee (Krishna Prasad K V)
gave me the solution

Please do the following steps on the Windows SBS 2003 computer:

Click Start, point to Programs, go to Administrative Tools, and then
click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
Expand the node and then expand the Web Sites node.
Right-click on the Default Web site and select Properties.
Click the Advanced button on the Web Site tab.
Select the Identity with 127.0.0.1 as the IP address and then click
Remove.
Select the SSL identity with 127.0.0.1 as the IP address and then click
Remove. There should be one identity and one SSL identity remaining.
Click OK on the Advanced Web Site Configuration dialog box and then
click OK on the Default Web site's Properties dialog box.
Follow instructions from Method 1 in KB896861:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;896861

Start the installation. Once the installation is completed you can add
back the values removed in the previous steps.

0
mikehug
1/30/2006 6:13:47 PM
I had this same error message with the Reports section ("reports.config has
invalid schema").  In addition, I was getting a separate error from the
Calendar section - it appeared to be a SOAP error occurring between the
day.aspx page and the CalendarWebService svc.

My system was a freshly formatted box running Win Server Std 2003.  After
getting the OS properly patched, we installed SQL 2005 (which installed a
copy of the .NET Framework 2.0), followed by CRM 3.0 (which installed a copy
of .NET Framework 1.1).

Even though IIS was configured to point to ASP.NET 1.1 for the CRM site,
apparently CRM's install of .Net 1.1 doesn't set everything up the way it
should.  It wasn't until I dropped to a cmd shell and ran ASPNET_REGIIS -IR
for the 1.1 Framework that BOTH problems went away - fixed both the Reports
and the Calendar issue.

"Cayla" wrote:

> We finally ended up paying for support and the problem was......SQL 2005!!!
> Even though the CRM 3.0 Install Documenation says CRM 3.0 will work on SQL
> 2000 SP4 or SQL 2005, we found out the hard way that CRM 3.0 really can NOT
> be installed with SQL 2005.
> Would have helped if the documentation didn't state otherwise when
> performing the upgrade, but ok?
> Good luck!

This does not appear to be correct. I have sucessfully installed a test
machine with W2003/SQL2005. I read somewhere the suported configurations are
W2000/SQL2000  or W2003/SQL2005. W2000/SQL2005 or W2003/SQL2000 are not
suported.
On that test machine I let CRm install RS. Now, on the production machine
with RS already installed I get the "The specified path is not a metabase
path"
--
Fabio Lima @ BHS.COM.BR
Thanks mike.. that did the trick for me.  The only thing I had left to do was

"mikehug@gmail.com" wrote:

> I had a similar problem and a Microsoft employee (Krishna Prasad K V)
> gave me the solution
>
> Please do the following steps on the Windows SBS 2003 computer:
>
> Click Start, point to Programs, go to Administrative Tools, and then
> click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
> Expand the node and then expand the Web Sites node.
> Right-click on the Default Web site and select Properties.
> Click the Advanced button on the Web Site tab.
> Select the Identity with 127.0.0.1 as the IP address and then click
> Remove.
> Select the SSL identity with 127.0.0.1 as the IP address and then click
> Remove. There should be one identity and one SSL identity remaining.
> Click OK on the Advanced Web Site Configuration dialog box and then
> click OK on the Default Web site's Properties dialog box.
> Follow instructions from Method 1 in KB896861:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;896861
>

> Start the installation. Once the installation is completed you can add
> back the values removed in the previous steps.

In an effort to make this the most complete CRM troubleshooting thread
and my way of thanking those who helped me out in this thread I'm
pasting information that I myself have written, and some stuff from
other people on the web...

Troubleshooting CRM 3.0 installs:

1.	Run through the install under "default install" and after it
fails, go back and use the advanced selection to specify specific
values.  Use new databases unless you have old ones you want to use.
Under Report Server, make sure to use the server's ip address and NOT
its active directory name or domain name.
2.	Check out this post:
LESSON 1: Make sure that the IIS website RS is running on is configured

to use port 80.
I've noticed that if you attempt to tell the CRM installer to use a URL

for RS that has a port number in it (for example:
http://localhost:8080/ReportServer/) then you may receive the following

cryptic error:
    "The specified path is not a metabase path."
If you receive this error, try running RS on port 80, and omitting the
:port declaration completely from the URL (ie:
http://localhost/ReportServer/).
Unfortunately, it's not always ideal to have RS running on port 80, and

CRM on its default port 5555 (if you told the installer to create a new

IIS website).  If you prefer to have CRM running on port 80, you can
make the change as follows:
a) run IIS Manager and change the port number for the RS website.
b) run CRM Deployment Manager; under Server Manager, right-click on the

server name and select Specify URL for Reporting Server; enter the new
port number as part of the RS URL (for example:
http://localhost:8080/ReportServer/).
c) right-click on the CRM server again; select Disable.
d) under IIS Manager, change the port number for the CRM website to 80.

e) run regedit.exe; remove the colon and port number listed under
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\ServerUrl
f) under CRM Deployment Manager, right-click on the CRM server; select
Enable.
LESSON 2: Microsoft .NET frameworks don't always play nicely together.
CRM uses the v1.1 Framework, and RS insists on v2.0.  A few problems
arise when the wrong version of the framework is used by each
application.  Here's one way to make sure that this is not an issue:
a) install v2.0 Framework; MicrosoftUpdate is one way to get it.
b) update v1.1 Framework to the latest build; again, MicrosoftUpdate is

useful here.
b) install RS.
c) configure RS (make sure you configure its IIS website; don't forget
lesson one here).
d) run "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe
-r"; this will reset v1.1 as the default framework version within the
IIS metabase, allowing the CRM installer to create its website with the

correct framework version.
e) open IIS Manager, and change the ASP.NET version for both RS virtual

directories back to v2.0 (right-click, Properties, ASP.NET).

Also, check this out if you have this issue half way through the
install during the Provisioning Microsoft CRM Business Action:

"Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ProvisionBusinessAction
failed.Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044151"

In addition, Mike, one of our UK CRM partners, also came across a
similar issue related to timeouts.

After support calls, the following information solved the problem for
both of them, and all was goodness again.

Open the registry by running regedit.exe.
Navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM.
Right click, select New. Create a new Reg DWORD value called
OLEDBTimeout.
Right click and modify to change the value to 0x240.
Navigate to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
Right click, select New. Create a new Reg DWORD value called
MaxUserPort.
Right click and modify to change the value to 0xfffe.
Navigate to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
Right click, select New. Create a new Reg DWORD value called
TcpTimedWaitDelay.
Right click and modify to change the value to 0x2.
The registry settings control what is called an ephemeral port in
TCP/IP and Windows Server starts out with a default of 5000. These
ports are recycled every four minutes and returned to the pool for an
application to use. The way that the ports are related to Microsoft CRM
is that for every call CRM makes, it uses a port. In high volume cases
with good hardware, the potential exists where CRM can use up all the
available ports before they have a chance to be recycled by the server.
As a result, the network connection is being dropped and an exception
is thrown by CRM.

For more information, I would recommend reading the following article:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg1205.mspx
Windows TCP/IP Ephemeral, Reserved, and Blocked Port Behavior

Sandra Walters wrote:
> I had this same error message with the Reports section ("reports.config has
> invalid schema").  In addition, I was getting a separate error from the
> Calendar section - it appeared to be a SOAP error occurring between the
> day.aspx page and the CalendarWebService svc.
>
> My system was a freshly formatted box running Win Server Std 2003.  After
> getting the OS properly patched, we installed SQL 2005 (which installed a
> copy of the .NET Framework 2.0), followed by CRM 3.0 (which installed a copy
> of .NET Framework 1.1).
>
> Even though IIS was configured to point to ASP.NET 1.1 for the CRM site,
> apparently CRM's install of .Net 1.1 doesn't set everything up the way it
> should.  It wasn't until I dropped to a cmd shell and ran ASPNET_REGIIS -IR
> for the 1.1 Framework that BOTH problems went away - fixed both the Reports
> and the Calendar issue.
>

> "Simon Hutson (MSFT)" wrote:
>
> > Yes, I had this problem. Make sure that the IIS Virtual Server running CRM
> > 3.0 is not configured to use ASP.NET 2.0 by default - CRM requires ASP.NET
> > 1.1
> >
> > "Finni" <Finni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi gang,
> > >
> > > I've managed to get the CRM 3.0 Installed and working with SQL 2005 except
> > > keep getting "Reports.config has invalid schema, and could not be loaded"
> > > Every time I try to view reports... anyone come accross this... and
> > > perhaps
> > > have a solution?
> > >
> > > --
> > > -- Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk and cut with an axe --

0
David
2/16/2006 5:37:31 AM
That doesn't make sense to me.  We are running Windows 2003 (SBS) with
SQL2000.  You need to be running SQL 2000 SP4 in order for CRM to run
properly.  I read that the only way to get CRM 3.0 to work with SQL 2005 is
to use the standard edition of SQL 2005 and not the workgroup edition.

"Flima" wrote:

> "Cayla" wrote:
>
> > We finally ended up paying for support and the problem was......SQL 2005!!!
> > Even though the CRM 3.0 Install Documenation says CRM 3.0 will work on SQL
> > 2000 SP4 or SQL 2005, we found out the hard way that CRM 3.0 really can NOT
> > be installed with SQL 2005.
> > Would have helped if the documentation didn't state otherwise when
> > performing the upgrade, but ok?
> > Good luck!
>
> This does not appear to be correct. I have sucessfully installed a test
> machine with W2003/SQL2005. I read somewhere the suported configurations are
> W2000/SQL2000  or W2003/SQL2005. W2000/SQL2005 or W2003/SQL2000 are not
> suported.
> On that test machine I let CRm install RS. Now, on the production machine
> with RS already installed I get the "The specified path is not a metabase
> path"
> --
> Fabio Lima @ BHS.COM.BR
I found a more simplistic resolution under this post:

http://groups.google.com.au/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/73f676af152a75f5/04cf87ef3c4297cf?lnk=st&q=crm+the+specified+path+is+not+a+metabase+path&rnum=3#04cf87ef3c4297cf

Worked a treat for me!

John D.

Lawrence Frias wrote:

> That doesn't make sense to me.  We are running Windows 2003 (SBS) with
> SQL2000.  You need to be running SQL 2000 SP4 in order for CRM to run
> properly.  I read that the only way to get CRM 3.0 to work with SQL 2005 is
> to use the standard edition of SQL 2005 and not the workgroup edition.
>
> "Flima" wrote:
>
> > "Cayla" wrote:
> >
> > > We finally ended up paying for support and the problem was......SQL 2005!!!
> > > Even though the CRM 3.0 Install Documenation says CRM 3.0 will work on SQL
> > > 2000 SP4 or SQL 2005, we found out the hard way that CRM 3.0 really can NOT
> > > be installed with SQL 2005.
> > > Would have helped if the documentation didn't state otherwise when
> > > performing the upgrade, but ok?
> > > Good luck!
> >
> > This does not appear to be correct. I have sucessfully installed a test
> > machine with W2003/SQL2005. I read somewhere the suported configurations are
> > W2000/SQL2000  or W2003/SQL2005. W2000/SQL2005 or W2003/SQL2000 are not
> > suported.
> > On that test machine I let CRm install RS. Now, on the production machine
> > with RS already installed I get the "The specified path is not a metabase
> > path"
> > --
> > Fabio Lima @ BHS.COM.BR

0
jdigdog
3/6/2006 11:15:32 AM
Hi Guys n Gals,

here is the solution to the problem of installing CRM 3.0 on SBS2003 SP1:

Firstly, I had the same problem with SQL reporting services as many of you
and it's taken me 2 days to get to the bottom of it.

Firstly change the default website on SBS to use port 8090, this frees up
port 80 for CRM
Next create a website with no header on port 80 called "SQL Reports"
Install SQL to that website with all the defaults
Right click on the "reportserver" site under the SQL reports website and
change the permissions so they use digest authentication, untick the box that
allows anonymous access.
Now install CRM using custom controls and point it in the direction of your
new website etc etc, I'm sure you all have enough knowledge to be going on
from there....hope this helps, I look forward to your responses.
Just to be sure, you are using CRM 3.0 for SBS, not the Standard CRM 3.0
installation?  You cannot install CRM 3.0 Standard on SBS, you must use the
version designed specifically for Small Business SErver.

"Simon" wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a test CRM environment on SBS 2003 and I do have
> SharePoint on that machine, I wasn't aware that this was a problem.  Should I
> remove it?
>
> "stefan_sainiuc" wrote:
>
> > Alan,
> >
> > Do you (accidentally) have SharePoint on the machine where you try to
> > install CRM3?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Stefan Sainiuc

Account Overview report issue?
Hi, I am trying to run the Account Overview report (open an Account, run the report from there). It chugs over it for a second or two, then I get the following 2 errors: Error: subreport could not be shown. Note: The maximum number of accounts in this report cannot exceed 10. The account I am running this on does not have any subaccounts and has a total of 4 contacts. Has anyone seen similar errors with this report? Thanks for any help... Jon DearJon What language are you running in? Is your environment SQL 2005? Go to the Reports section and look at the "Hidden" repor...

Upgragding to 1.2 to 1.3
Receiving the media on Monday. Any issues that I should be aware of? Pralell dongle. Best, M Manny, Why not wait til 1.3R due within the next couple of weeks? Otherwise, backup your database and any customized reports and/or receipts. If you get a license violation after the install, just unplug and re-plug in your dongle. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open wi...

email format #3
I have an emailing program that uses a Rich_text_box as a body. Now with rich_text_box you can have bold, multi color underlined.etc TEXT. Since using HTML body is a bad (not recommended, even thought it would keep all the formatting) thing then what else can I use to have the same type of format as an rich_text or html so when the recipient receives, it looks presentable with all it indenting, bold,.etc???? HELP!!! Only Outlook recipients can see rich-text content. HTML is a better approach if you want to reach the most people. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft O...

Office 2004 update 11.3.9 weirdness
Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 In article <1194878374.217619.309200@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, pattigibbons@nycap.rr.com wrote: > Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed > it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard > drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? > > mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 The Office updat...

CRM Field Names

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

error when reinstalling XP Pro
thHi, I have a Dell Latitude D620. That was having some issues with ethernet and wireless connections. Nothing really found as fas as malware or viruses, without updates of course. I tried to do a windows repair from the XP CD and right when it shows starting windows to choose repair or install windows I get a blue screen with the error... PCI.SYS-address F76130BF base at F76000000 Date stamp 3B7D855C. I tried a few times and even set the BIOS to minimal. Then I pulled the hard drive out and connected to another laptop using a usb cradle, formated the drive and put it back in th...

CRM and MapPoint

outlook express ME 5.0
Hi! My friend has a computer that we cannot delete any sent messages. Everything else seems to work. He has messages from 2007 that need to be deleted. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks, Leo ...

Reset CRM

From Rows to Columun #3
I have data in rows, I want to past to columns so i can import intio access... HELP Example (Current data) 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 I want to move to 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 THANKS ...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

Mobile sync crashes Information Store service
Folks WM5 sync produces a 9673 event to be logged, crashing the Information Store service. Description in the event log: An exception with code 0xc00000fd was thrown in module C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll; some parameters and their values were <Exception address - 7e840fdb>. A significant section of the call stack is in the data section. Fully patched E2K3 SP2 on Win2K3 SP1 OWA works fine - well - while the IS is up, but OMA is broken somewhere... Service restarts happily each time, and I've set the recovery options on the service to restart after one minute, but my (inter...

when I try to run detect and repair, windows installer comes up
and asks for the office cd, however when I put it in, it never loads , so how do I run it??? I have office 2000 and win xp pro You can also insert your CD, start setup and choose Repair then. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message news:u0nlBvBsEHA.2776@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > and asks for the office cd, however when I put it in, it never loads , so > how do I run it??? I have office 2000 and ...

3-rd tools to Recovery edb files
Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). thanks http://www.officerecovery.com/exchangeserver/ -- My Regards, Omar El-Sherif "Luk" <only4news@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eox4HmrPGHA.2828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from > offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). > > thanks try http://www.ontrack.co.uk/powercontrols/ - they've been around for a few years now and seem to have a...

CRM registration can not be done!

Money will not send reports to Desktop or e-mail
Money will not send a created report to the desk top or to e-mail when using the send to function. It just dies no error or other message. Any ideas? ...

Transaction Log Files #3
How do I calculate total Transaction Log file size on Exch2k3SP1 when I move mailboxes with, for example, total size of 100MB from one server to another (1 Storage Group, one Mailbox store)? -- Kind regards, Menko den Ouden NL On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:21:04 +0200, "Menko den Ouden" <oudenmd@exor-itNOSPAM.nl> wrote: >How do I calculate total Transaction Log file size on Exch2k3SP1 when I move >mailboxes with, for example, total size of 100MB from one server to another >(1 Storage Group, one Mailbox store)? I always assume "alot". If you are worried...

sql server freezes excel
Hello, I'm using sql server's DTS to import an excel spreadsheet. This works fine, apart from after I have used the DTS package, I then cannot open an excel spreadsheet. I click on the spreadsheet I want to open, in the same way as usual, and the outline of the spreadsheet appears, with the toolbar along the top, but instead of the spreadsheet data, this frame contains a replica of the desktop, as if the application was frozen. The application is still running though - the toolbar works, but if you move the application around the screen it leaves ghosting marks..... If I shut down ...

Great Plains Client Installation Options? (Questions)
My company has almost 100 client installs of Great Plains. For the initial install we installed everything to the local c: drive (C:\Great Plains\). Now everytime we go to perform an upgrade we have to go to every client machine and upgrade them individually (or at least make sure that machine has recieved the updated files correctly). We also have a script that on login copies down needed files and that helps alot. However this is my question: Is there something that prevents me from having all the clients look to a shared (UNC) path for their data files. (//machinename/shareddrive...