CRM 3.0 Distribute Campaign Activity

 My company is in the process of installing CRM 3.0.  During the
testing/evaluation process, we have encountered the error "Direct E-mail via
Mail Merge is off.  The activity cannot be distributed.  Please contact your
system administrator."

This error occurred after a campaign, campaign activity, and target
marketing list with members had been created and the "Distribute Campaign
Activity" button clicked.

Can you provide any assistance in resolving this issue?
--
David Connect
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

David

Goto Settings | Organizational Settings | System Settings | Marketing Tab.
Here you will find a setting to turn this feature on.  Remember that you can
only actually cary out the Mal Merge activities via the Outlook Client.

Cozy

"David Connect" wrote:

>  My company is in the process of installing CRM 3.0.  During the
> testing/evaluation process, we have encountered the error "Direct E-mail via
> Mail Merge is off.  The activity cannot be distributed.  Please contact your
> system administrator."
>
> This error occurred after a campaign, campaign activity, and target
> marketing list with members had been created and the "Distribute Campaign
> Activity" button clicked.
>
> Can you provide any assistance in resolving this issue?
> --
> David Connect
Really I tried to turn on this feature
But even doing  Settings | Organizational Settings | System Settings |
Marketing Tab, when I go back there to check the configuration, all check
marks of this window are clear. I am the CRM System Administrator. What am I
missing ?

--
Andrea Campelo
TECNOATIVA

"Cozy" wrote:

> David
>
> Goto Settings | Organizational Settings | System Settings | Marketing Tab.
> Here you will find a setting to turn this feature on.  Remember that you can
> only actually cary out the Mal Merge activities via the Outlook Client.
>
> Cozy
>
> "David Connect" wrote:
>
> >  My company is in the process of installing CRM 3.0.  During the
> > testing/evaluation process, we have encountered the error "Direct E-mail via
> > Mail Merge is off.  The activity cannot be distributed.  Please contact your
> > system administrator."
> >
> > This error occurred after a campaign, campaign activity, and target
> > marketing list with members had been created and the "Distribute Campaign
> > Activity" button clicked.
> >
> > Can you provide any assistance in resolving this issue?
> > --
> > David Connect
FW - you might want to try if your case matches to
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/916159 and try the workaround.

--
Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
Program Manager

You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
"fw" <fw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Cozy,
> From where can I get to "Settings"? I am using May 2006 VPC demo version
> of
> CRM 3.0.
> Thanks
> FW
>
> "Cozy" wrote:
>
>> David
>>
>> Goto Settings | Organizational Settings | System Settings | Marketing
>> Tab.
>> Here you will find a setting to turn this feature on.  Remember that you
>> can
>> only actually cary out the Mal Merge activities via the Outlook Client.
>>
>> Cozy
>>
>> "David Connect" wrote:
>>
>> >  My company is in the process of installing CRM 3.0.  During the
>> > testing/evaluation process, we have encountered the error "Direct
>> > E-mail via
>> > Mail Merge is off.  The activity cannot be distributed.  Please contact
>> > your
>> > system administrator."
>> >
>> > This error occurred after a campaign, campaign activity, and target
>> > marketing list with members had been created and the "Distribute
>> > Campaign
>> > Activity" button clicked.
>> >
>> > Can you provide any assistance in resolving this issue?
>> > --
>> > David Connect

0
Manisha

Upgragding to 1.2 to 1.3
Receiving the media on Monday. Any issues that I should be aware of? Pralell dongle. Best, M Manny, Why not wait til 1.3R due within the next couple of weeks? Otherwise, backup your database and any customized reports and/or receipts. If you get a license violation after the install, just unplug and re-plug in your dongle. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open wi...

Office 2004 update 11.3.9 weirdness
Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 In article <1194878374.217619.309200@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, pattigibbons@nycap.rr.com wrote: > Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed > it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard > drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? > > mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 The Office updat...

email format #3
I have an emailing program that uses a Rich_text_box as a body. Now with rich_text_box you can have bold, multi color underlined.etc TEXT. Since using HTML body is a bad (not recommended, even thought it would keep all the formatting) thing then what else can I use to have the same type of format as an rich_text or html so when the recipient receives, it looks presentable with all it indenting, bold,.etc???? HELP!!! Only Outlook recipients can see rich-text content. HTML is a better approach if you want to reach the most people. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft O...

Hiding distribution groups from other companies
We have an exchange 2003 enterprise edition server with multiple companies hosted on it - each with their own database & storage group. When I create a distribution for one company, it is visible to all the companies. Is it possible to hide the distribution groups from some of the companies? (I noticed when I create a new contact on the server, it was also visible to everyone, but I was able to hide individual contacts.) Thx, Ed Hi Ed, The following website should be able to help you accomplish this task. Even though the info is about Exchange 2000, it should still pertain to Exc...

CRM Field Names

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

outlook express ME 5.0
Hi! My friend has a computer that we cannot delete any sent messages. Everything else seems to work. He has messages from 2007 that need to be deleted. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks, Leo ...

Reset CRM

Seperation of Exchange from active directory
Hi all, we are having active directory integrated exchange server. Due to heavy load, now we want to seperate active directory and exchange server in 2 diferrent servers. Can any help me how to go about it. OS - 2K3 standard Exchange - 2k3 standard There is a good KB article for Nuevo's recommendation. The KB is KB822931 http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/822931 Don't forget to move your FSMO roles, DNS (if needed), etc. if you decide to remove the first DC. -- Bob Christian II MVP - LCS http://bobchristian.blogspot.com - Blog "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

From Rows to Columun #3
I have data in rows, I want to past to columns so i can import intio access... HELP Example (Current data) 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 I want to move to 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 THANKS ...

3-rd tools to Recovery edb files
Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). thanks http://www.officerecovery.com/exchangeserver/ -- My Regards, Omar El-Sherif "Luk" <only4news@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eox4HmrPGHA.2828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from > offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). > > thanks try http://www.ontrack.co.uk/powercontrols/ - they've been around for a few years now and seem to have a...

CRM registration can not be done!

Transaction Log Files #3
How do I calculate total Transaction Log file size on Exch2k3SP1 when I move mailboxes with, for example, total size of 100MB from one server to another (1 Storage Group, one Mailbox store)? -- Kind regards, Menko den Ouden NL On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:21:04 +0200, "Menko den Ouden" <oudenmd@exor-itNOSPAM.nl> wrote: >How do I calculate total Transaction Log file size on Exch2k3SP1 when I move >mailboxes with, for example, total size of 100MB from one server to another >(1 Storage Group, one Mailbox store)? I always assume "alot". If you are worried...

Migrating CRM to CRM

PDF's not traking in crm

Tables in Publisher #3
I am trying to figure out how to get tables in Publisher to auto create a new table on a new page as the table information reaches the end of a page. Auto build the tables. It is possible to do this in Word but I can not seem to find out how to get it to work in Publisher. -- Jeremie B You can't. Publisher recognizes a page, Word doesn't so it just goes on and on. Tables are one of the few areas that Word has the edge over Publisher (but I'm biased). -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Jer...

Crm grid error

CSocket problem #3
How can I use the same CSocket instance to Send and Receive data in different threads? I tried this but run-time error occurs. Alex wrote: > How can I use the same CSocket instance to Send and Receive data in > different threads? > I tried this but run-time error occurs. > > You can't do that. CSocket uses the message pump of the thread in which it was created. Each thread has a different message pump. The same is true for CAsyncSocket, but CAsyncSocket can send and receive concurrently using only one thread. Because it is nonblocking and message-driven you can...

Upgrading to CRM 3.0 Problems