CRM 3.0 Changing CRM Mailbox

When I installed CRM/the Email router, I specified it to use the
administrator mailbox. I now want to move it to a dedicated CRM mailbox,
  where cna I find this setting if it's not under Settings/Organisation
Settings/System Settings/Email  ??

Thanks
0
Adam
3/8/2006 3:28:21 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Adam,

I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exchange Email Router
-> Rule Deployment Wizard to update the mailbox information.

Make sure the logon to start that email router Service able to access
that mailbox.

Darren

0
Darren
3/8/2006 4:00:48 PM
Darren Liu wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exchange Email Router
> -> Rule Deployment Wizard to update the mailbox information.
>
> Make sure the logon to start that email router Service able to access
> that mailbox.
>
> Darren

Thanks Darren,
I used the new forwarding address in the Rule Deployment Wizard (also
removed the old rule ok), and sure enough that has worked - new mail now
gets directed to the new CRM mailbox, but just sits there and does not
get processed - the service account can see the mailbox fine, I guess
the service needs configuring though as for which mailbox to look at.

My understanding of the rule deployment wizard was only to publish rules
to the user's mailboxes?

--
Adam Carter
Vantage IT Solutions Limited
Adam Carter wrote:
> Darren Liu wrote:
>
>> Hi Adam,
>>
>> I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exchange Email Router
>> -> Rule Deployment Wizard to update the mailbox information.
>>
>> Make sure the logon to start that email router Service able to access
>> that mailbox.
>> Darren
>>
> Thanks Darren,
> I used the new forwarding address in the Rule Deployment Wizard (also
> removed the old rule ok), and sure enough that has worked - new mail now
> gets directed to the new CRM mailbox, but just sits there and does not
> get processed - the service account can see the mailbox fine, I guess
> the service needs configuring though as for which mailbox to look at.
>
> My understanding of the rule deployment wizard was only to publish rules
> to the user's mailboxes?

I just uninstalled & then reinstalled the router again, then it asks
which mailbox to use, it seems to have picked up the change now.

--
Adam Carter
Vantage IT Solutions Limited
http://www.vantageit.co.uk
0
Adam
3/8/2006 4:49:56 PM
FYI. The reason the email sits in the inbox is because the Service that
you used to start the Email Router under Administration->Service don't
have access to that email box. the default should be NETWORK SERVICE,
if you on a network and you start the service using DOMAIN\USER, you
have to make that user have access to that email box.

anyway, if re-install works then that's all it matter. :)

Good day!

DL

0
Darren
3/8/2006 9:56:43 PM
Darren Liu wrote:
> FYI. The reason the email sits in the inbox is because the Service that
> you used to start the Email Router under Administration->Service don't
> have access to that email box. the default should be NETWORK SERVICE,
> if you on a network and you start the service using DOMAIN\USER, you
> have to make that user have access to that email box.
>
> anyway, if re-install works then that's all it matter. :)
>
> Good day!
>
> DL

Permissions weren't the issue, it's how you change the mailbox CRM Email
Connector Service monitors that I could not figure out how to change,
without a reinstall - there must be an easier way, at least it's quick &
easy to reinstall!

--
Adam Carter
Vantage IT Solutions Limited
http://www.vantageit.co.uk
0
Adam

Upgragding to 1.2 to 1.3
Receiving the media on Monday. Any issues that I should be aware of? Pralell dongle. Best, M Manny, Why not wait til 1.3R due within the next couple of weeks? Otherwise, backup your database and any customized reports and/or receipts. If you get a license violation after the install, just unplug and re-plug in your dongle. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open wi...

email format #3
I have an emailing program that uses a Rich_text_box as a body. Now with rich_text_box you can have bold, multi color underlined.etc TEXT. Since using HTML body is a bad (not recommended, even thought it would keep all the formatting) thing then what else can I use to have the same type of format as an rich_text or html so when the recipient receives, it looks presentable with all it indenting, bold,.etc???? HELP!!! Only Outlook recipients can see rich-text content. HTML is a better approach if you want to reach the most people. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft O...

Office 2004 update 11.3.9 weirdness
Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 In article <1194878374.217619.309200@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, pattigibbons@nycap.rr.com wrote: > Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed > it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard > drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? > > mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 The Office updat...

CRM Field Names

Changing Autocorrect Language
I recently began using Office 2003, and am having trouble getting the Autocorrect language to work consistently in Publisher for text that is English (Canada). Note that in all other Office programs, the Autocorrect language used for Canadian English is English (U.K.). However, when I open a document in Publisher, the Autocorrect Options come up in English (U.S.). But…if I select any text that is formatted as English (U.K.), Publisher then begins autocorrecting Canadian English using English (U.K.). This only applies to the Autocorrect Options, not the spell check, as there is a sepa...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

Reset CRM

outlook express ME 5.0
Hi! My friend has a computer that we cannot delete any sent messages. Everything else seems to work. He has messages from 2007 that need to be deleted. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks, Leo ...

Changing Field Color
This group has been amazing, so I hope I am not going to the well too often. But here it goes. When I click a button, I want another field to change color. There are a lot of field on the page and the button loads a file add dialog box and I want it to be clear what box you are adding the file to. When the dialog clears, I want the box to return to its base color Thanks Assuming you're referring to the color of text in a label or textbox, though the process is the same for any control that provides for "Fore Color" option, one changes the color by setting the "For...

selected cells doesnot change colour
I want the excel cells to change colour as I select so I could see the range I have selected as it was in previous versions. How I can select this option. This is worksheet code so right-click the sheet tab and paste in Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Static lastcell As Range Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 3 'modify to suit lastcell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone Set lastcell = Target End Sub Mike "Zarrar Janjua" wrote: > I want the excel cells to change colour as I select so I could see the range > I have selected as it was in ...

From Rows to Columun #3
I have data in rows, I want to past to columns so i can import intio access... HELP Example (Current data) 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 I want to move to 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 THANKS ...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

3-rd tools to Recovery edb files
Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). thanks http://www.officerecovery.com/exchangeserver/ -- My Regards, Omar El-Sherif "Luk" <only4news@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eox4HmrPGHA.2828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from > offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). > > thanks try http://www.ontrack.co.uk/powercontrols/ - they've been around for a few years now and seem to have a...

CRM registration can not be done!

Transaction Log Files #3
How do I calculate total Transaction Log file size on Exch2k3SP1 when I move mailboxes with, for example, total size of 100MB from one server to another (1 Storage Group, one Mailbox store)? -- Kind regards, Menko den Ouden NL On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:21:04 +0200, "Menko den Ouden" <oudenmd@exor-itNOSPAM.nl> wrote: >How do I calculate total Transaction Log file size on Exch2k3SP1 when I move >mailboxes with, for example, total size of 100MB from one server to another >(1 Storage Group, one Mailbox store)? I always assume "alot". If you are worried...

Outlook changes dates on messages imported from Outlook Express
When importing e-mail messages from Outlook Express into Outlook, some of the original message dates and times are changed to the date and time of the import action. How can I import e-mail messages without losing the original date information? export from oe to outlook and the dates will be correct. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center...

Migrating CRM to CRM

Tables in Publisher #3
I am trying to figure out how to get tables in Publisher to auto create a new table on a new page as the table information reaches the end of a page. Auto build the tables. It is possible to do this in Word but I can not seem to find out how to get it to work in Publisher. -- Jeremie B You can't. Publisher recognizes a page, Word doesn't so it just goes on and on. Tables are one of the few areas that Word has the edge over Publisher (but I'm biased). -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Jer...

PDF's not traking in crm

Item description on Purchase Order cannot be changed
We are currently using Dynamics GP 10. When we enter an item into the PO Entry Window, the description appears, which does print out on the PO. However, if we use Item: NOTE Description: * - we cannot override the * and add the information we want to add. The same applies if we are ordering a non-inventory item - whatever we add to the description field does not show up. A work around for us has been to enter the description as a line item comment. I would like to get this issue resolved and allow us to enter the information into the description field and have it pri...