CRM 3.0 and Outlook 2000

Will the CRM 3.0 Client for MS Outlook work successfully with Outlook 2000?
The implementation manual mentions only Outlook XP/2003.

As an aside, it doesn't APPEAR as though the Exchange Router is required
when using the Client for MS Outlook.  Is that assesment correct?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"Jesse O''''Toole" <JesseOToole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Will the CRM 3.0 Client for MS Outlook work successfully with Outlook
> 2000?
> The implementation manual mentions only Outlook XP/2003.

No. It can only be installed on Outlook XP (2002) and Outlook 2003. The file
system workstations must also be using NTFS.

> As an aside, it doesn't APPEAR as though the Exchange Router is required
> when using the Client for MS Outlook.  Is that assesment correct?

The Exchange Router will only be required if the users require email
tracking facilites in CRM.

0
Daniel

Leave Selected Messages on Server with Outlook
Hi, Can somebody offer some advice, please? My wife and I use the same domain name and differentiate between ourselves by who the e-mail is addressed to ... e.g her@ourdomain.co.uk and him@ourdomain.co.uk We use seperate accounts on Win XP and both have been using Outlook Express for many years. We each have a message rule which leaves the others e-mails on the server, this works very well. I now want to move across to Outlook as I want to use the calander and so on but find there is not a message rule which leaves messages on the server if they are not addressed to me. I can fi...

Upgragding to 1.2 to 1.3
Receiving the media on Monday. Any issues that I should be aware of? Pralell dongle. Best, M Manny, Why not wait til 1.3R due within the next couple of weeks? Otherwise, backup your database and any customized reports and/or receipts. If you get a license violation after the install, just unplug and re-plug in your dongle. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open wi...

email format #3
I have an emailing program that uses a Rich_text_box as a body. Now with rich_text_box you can have bold, multi color underlined.etc TEXT. Since using HTML body is a bad (not recommended, even thought it would keep all the formatting) thing then what else can I use to have the same type of format as an rich_text or html so when the recipient receives, it looks presentable with all it indenting, bold,.etc???? HELP!!! Only Outlook recipients can see rich-text content. HTML is a better approach if you want to reach the most people. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft O...

Office 2004 update 11.3.9 weirdness
Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 In article <1194878374.217619.309200@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, pattigibbons@nycap.rr.com wrote: > Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed > it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard > drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? > > mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 The Office updat...

Outlook 2003 hangs when checking Exchange credentials
I signed up for a hosted exchange service but couldn't get Outlook to connect to the Exchange server. I spent 3 hours on the phone testing lots of stuff with the support guys and we both determined that it had something to do with my connection to the server. I installed Outlook on a test computer on my network and it works fine. The only difference between the two computers is that I am running Spybot on my computer and not on the test computer. I shut down Spybot and still no luck. I am an Exchange newbie so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

To Open Pocket PC Excel file using Excel 2000
I have copied an Excel file created using Pocket PC Excel program in my PDA (.pxl) to my notebook. BUT i cannot open the file using my Excel 2000 s/w in my notebook. Please help. ...

CRM Field Names

Upgrade to Exchange 2000 SP1
Hello All I need to upgrade SP 1 on Exchange 2000, I know don't know to do it. Thanks for your attention. You should be looking into SP3 and the latest Roll-up. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2000/sp3/default.asp http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E7AAA113-1403-4262-8269-4B2AB9AE5476&displaylang=en If this is a single server download and install. I would make sure Badmail is empty. Other than that nothing special in a single server enviroment well other than making sure your AV is up to date. If your using ADC and other stuff I'd r...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

Outlook Express -- Very, very SLOW to delete message
Help -- what do I do? In article <10cf01c3be72$c59b8a00$a401280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |Help -- what do I do? | This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support Ser...

CRM and MapPoint

Microsoft Outlook Task Reminders
My task reminders have stopped working. How do I get the reminders working again? Thanks for your help. Hi Ken, Ken Toews wrote: > My task reminders have stopped working. How do I get the > reminders working again? Thanks for your help. I found the following website: http://faq.outlookmvps.org/archives/cat_general.html Search for "reminders" on this site: [...] If the reminders are in the default folders, you may need to open Outlook using the /cleanreminders switch. Close Outlook and at the Start menu, Run command, type "outlook.exe /cleanreminders" -- Oliver V...

Outlook vs outlook express identities
Will Outlook handle email; similar to outlook express i.e. logon/logoff to each individual user so each individual will only see their e-mails? To accomplish this in Outlook, you could simply create seperate email accounts for each different user: Using Outlook on a computer you share with other people http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011110031033.aspx?Product=out Good luck! "reitwayd" <reitwayd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDE02F55-A8BF-47C9-A7CE-4153D5EE07A9@microsoft.com... > Will Outlook handle email; similar to outlook express i....

outlook express ME 5.0
Hi! My friend has a computer that we cannot delete any sent messages. Everything else seems to work. He has messages from 2007 that need to be deleted. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks, Leo ...

Reset CRM

From Rows to Columun #3
I have data in rows, I want to past to columns so i can import intio access... HELP Example (Current data) 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 I want to move to 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 THANKS ...

Any way to add contacts from sent messages in Outlook 2007?
Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for Outlook Express. Thanks! Open the message and right click on the recipient's email address. You will get a pop-up menu and one of the options is to "Add to Outlook Contacts". <diego.novilinguists@gmail.com> wrote in message news:948856fc-7857-4da5-8037-f24618b2d9aa@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from > archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for > Ou...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

outlook 2003 page setup
when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do i correct this? -- seanpaul99 Are you sending the mail in Plain Text or HTML? "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1359A7FA-0605-410D-A524-FD806EFC4E9F@microsoft.com... > when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it > should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do > i > correct this? html -- seanpaul99 "Vince Aver...

3-rd tools to Recovery edb files
Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). thanks http://www.officerecovery.com/exchangeserver/ -- My Regards, Omar El-Sherif "Luk" <only4news@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eox4HmrPGHA.2828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from > offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). > > thanks try http://www.ontrack.co.uk/powercontrols/ - they've been around for a few years now and seem to have a...

CRM registration can not be done!