CRM 1.2 Exchange Router Install and impact on default Web Site

Hi,

I've installed MS CRM v1.2 an would like to set up the Exchange Router
portion.  My concern is that I have no information on what impact the router
installation will have on the web server that I install it on.  We have
several web sites hosted from the Exchange box and the installation manual
indicates that I should specify the 'default web site'.  Given that the
product install took over the web site on the CRM Server I would like to
know what the impact will be before I proceed with this portion of the
install.

So what I need to know is:
1. Will the Exchange Router install affect the default web site or any
virtual directories on the Exchange Server?
2. If I need to create a new web site on this server will there be any
issues if I don't use port 80?

Thanks in advance,
Derek

0
Derek
3/4/2004 7:09:19 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Derek,

to 1.
in your enviroment you have to install the CRM Router on each Exchange
machine. The CRM Router only listen to the smtp port and send a notification
to the crm server, if there is a mail, for the crm users.
There is no negative effect on the Exchangeserver, after your default
installation.

to 2.
you can go on with the default port an default url. During the installation
the system is only asking, where and which name has the crm server. if you
want to change the port, pleasse go on with the following steps:

You can create a new website on the Exchange Server to house the Microsoft
CRM Exchange Connector.

Note - If IIS Lockdown is installed you will need to restore the default
settings by launching IIS Lockdown and restoring this.

Create a New Website.

1. Right Click on the machine name in IIS and choose New Website.

2. Choose Next.

3. Provide a Description (This is what will be seen in IIS) I will call this
CRM Exchange.

4. Choose Next.

5. Enter the IP Address, this can be specified as all unassigned or we can
specify the same IP address that the default website is bound to(ipconfig
from a command prompt will return this IP for you.)

6. Specify a different port than what the Default site is running under. I
will use port 81 in my example. (netstat -a will show all open ports if ran
from a command prompt).

7. Specify a host header. This will correlate to a DNS entry that we will
enter in future steps.

In this example, I will use crmex as the host header.

8. Choose Next.

9. You are now going to create a directory to house the CRM Exchange Website
files. This directory can be located anywhere on the machine. Typically it
is located in the following directory \Inetpub\wwwroot\ It is located in
this directory for manageability reasons. For this example I will create a
directory called CRM Exchange located in the following: \Inetpub\wwwroot\CRM
Exchange\ this is done through Windows Explorer.

10. Back on the Web Site Creation Wizard; Choose Browse and navigate to the
CRM Exchange directory created in the previous step.

11. The Allow Anonymous Access to this website can remain checked. (You do
not have any files that will be loaded in this directory that can be
exploited by scripts directly) The allow anonymous access can be unchecked
as well. This check box can be removed as well. Security preference, so it
is not required.

12. Choose Next.

13. In the next window, leave the defaults(Read, Run Scripts).

14. Choose Next.

15. Choose Finish.

The CRM Exchange Website should now be created. We can now create an Alias
Record in DNS so it recognizes when we type http://crmex in a web browser it
knows what site to access.

16. Launch the DNS console; Start | Programs | Administrative Tools | DNS.

17. Expand the machine | Forward Lookup Zones | domain.

18. Right Click on the Domain and choose New Alias.

19. Provide the Alias Name. This will be the same as we specified in step #7
from above. In our example: crmex.

20. Provide the Fully Qualified Name for target host - For this you will
browse out and choose the Host file for our Exchange Server.

21. Choose OK.

22. You should now see a record in DNS that shows crmex as a type of Alias
and Data of your Exchange Server(cwebex1.cweb.local in my example).

23. You may need to stop and start DNS. Not Required, but typically
recommended for this to propagate to all DNS servers if there are multiple.

We should now be ready to install the CRM Exchange Connector:

24. Setup.exe on the CRM Server Disk #1 in the Exchange Folder.

25. Accept the License Agreement and Choose Next.

26. Add the CRM Server: Machine Name as seen in Network Identification on
the CRM Server. In my example cwebdell.

27. Add the Microsoft CRM Website URL: http://crm or http://cwebdell In this
example a DNS alias(crm) has been created for the CRM website, so either of
the sites listed will resolve.

28. Choose Save and Choose Next.

29. Enter the Login information to start the services: This should be the
user that has Enterprise Admin Rights and Schema Rights. This maybe the same
user that installed CRM if they have these rights or use an Exchange
Administrator. This goes back to the case where the Enterprise Admin and the
Schema Admin has access to the mailbox store as I discussed in the very
first step #1.

30. Choose Next.

31. We will now choose the Web Site we created to house the CRM Exchange
Connector files: CRM Exchange as defined in step #3.

32. Installation directory can reside in the default or any drive if space
is an issue.

33. Choose Next.

34. Choose Install.

The CRM Exchange Connector should now be installed. We now need to confirm
the registry entries.

On the CRM Server:

35. Start | Run | Regedit.

36. HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\mailserverurl\

a. This will potentially look like the following:
http://cwebex110.6.6.7:81:ex/MSCRMConnector/ICRMEmailDispatch.SRF

b. We need to edit this to look like the following:
http://crmex:81:/MSCRMConnector/ICRMEmailDispatch.SRF where crmex is the
alias we have defined in both the host header information for IIS on the
Exchange Server and the Alias entry we created for DNS.

37. Once edited we will need to Stop and Restart the CRM Exchange Queue
Service on the Exchange Server�Start�Programs�Administrative Tools�Services

38. You should now be able to test and send emails.

--
Ich hoffe, das hilft / I hope, this helps.

Freundliche Gr�sse,
Alfred G�bel (MS)

(Microsoft kann f�r die Richtigkeit und Vollst�ndigkeit der Inhalte in
dieser Newsgroup keine Haftung �bernehmen.)

"Derek Tinney" <dtinney@shaw.ca> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>
> I've installed MS CRM v1.2 an would like to set up the Exchange Router
> portion.  My concern is that I have no information on what impact the
router
> installation will have on the web server that I install it on.  We have
> several web sites hosted from the Exchange box and the installation manual
> indicates that I should specify the 'default web site'.  Given that the
> product install took over the web site on the CRM Server I would like to
> know what the impact will be before I proceed with this portion of the
> install.
>
> So what I need to know is:
> 1. Will the Exchange Router install affect the default web site or any
> virtual directories on the Exchange Server?
> 2. If I need to create a new web site on this server will there be any
> issues if I don't use port 80?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Derek

0
Alfred
3/4/2004 9:54:07 AM
Hi Alfred,

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation.  I will try these
procedures in a test environment and then look forward to carrying them out
on our production Server.

Thanks again,
Derek.

"Alfred G�bel (MS)" <alfredg@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've installed MS CRM v1.2 an would like to set up the Exchange Router
> > portion.  My concern is that I have no information on what impact the
> router
> > installation will have on the web server that I install it on.  We have
> > several web sites hosted from the Exchange box and the installation
manual
> > indicates that I should specify the 'default web site'.  Given that the
> > product install took over the web site on the CRM Server I would like to
> > know what the impact will be before I proceed with this portion of the
> > install.
> >
> > So what I need to know is:
> > 1. Will the Exchange Router install affect the default web site or any
> > virtual directories on the Exchange Server?
> > 2. If I need to create a new web site on this server will there be any

0
Derek

links #2
Who knows a way to un-link those links in a sheet? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements You can convert them to values. If you have xl2002 (or higher???), you can edit|links|Break link. In earlier versions, you can copy|paste special values. And to help find those pesky links: Bill Manville's findlink.zip from: http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm won...

Upgragding to 1.2 to 1.3
Receiving the media on Monday. Any issues that I should be aware of? Pralell dongle. Best, M Manny, Why not wait til 1.3R due within the next couple of weeks? Otherwise, backup your database and any customized reports and/or receipts. If you get a license violation after the install, just unplug and re-plug in your dongle. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open wi...

Outlook 2003 hangs when checking Exchange credentials
I signed up for a hosted exchange service but couldn't get Outlook to connect to the Exchange server. I spent 3 hours on the phone testing lots of stuff with the support guys and we both determined that it had something to do with my connection to the server. I installed Outlook on a test computer on my network and it works fine. The only difference between the two computers is that I am running Spybot on my computer and not on the test computer. I shut down Spybot and still no luck. I am an Exchange newbie so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Pocket PC Money 2004 Foreign currency sync #2
Anyone have a clue how to do it? It's a pain living in japan and not being able to update the account I use most on my PPC. Especially since a lot of places in japan don't give receipts, or if they do, they are likley to be in japanese. I don't read japanese and trying to sort things out at the end of the day is a pain, it's be much easier to just enter ther debit when I incur it. --Serp The client only supports the home currency. A serious limitation. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Serpent77" <Serpent77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67...

CRM Field Names

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Upgrade to Exchange 2000 SP1
Hello All I need to upgrade SP 1 on Exchange 2000, I know don't know to do it. Thanks for your attention. You should be looking into SP3 and the latest Roll-up. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2000/sp3/default.asp http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E7AAA113-1403-4262-8269-4B2AB9AE5476&displaylang=en If this is a single server download and install. I would make sure Badmail is empty. Other than that nothing special in a single server enviroment well other than making sure your AV is up to date. If your using ADC and other stuff I'd r...

OWA Issue #2
I have some internal and external client that can connect to the owa side but get errors on the page which stops them from accessing mail and vieng anything but the subject line. All the clients are running eplorer 6 with all the service packs. The look identical in every way Sounds like there may be some issues with either the Security or Privacy options in Internet Options. I'd check the configuration of a working workstation then compare it against a workstation that isn't working. Also what what particular error message are they getting on that page? >-----Original Messag...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

What are Basic Routine and Major Issues for Exchange 5.5
Taking over System Admin position for Win2000/Exchange 5.5 network, 200 users with XP on the clients. Have been in other areas of IT for last 2 years. Could someone describe their basic daily/weekly routine with Exchange 5.5 and what are the top 10 major issues/challenges/peculiarities with Exchange 5.5 I don't have a top ten, although you can find lots of info on the many good Exchange blogs out there...there are things you might want to get into a routine of doing: checking event logs checking messaging queues watching disk space do test restores occasionally to a recovery server, t...

borders #2
In a spreadsheet, we have placed "broken-line" borders in red to make them stand out. What I want to do is to make those broken-line borders crawl while the viewer is looking at the spreadsheet on the monitor. How can I make that happen? I think they are called "running ants" or "crawling ants." Mary Lu I think you mean "marching ants" which you see around a copied but not yet pasted area. Also called a "marquee" which is the proper name for it. You cannot replicate this with borders unless you used VBA code which would render your sh...

Reset CRM

duplicate emails being sent #2
Hello all Runnign exchange sp2 on windows 2003 sp1. I ahve a user who complained that she got an a duplicate email from another user. Both users are on the same exchange server. When i look a message tracking and specify the user who sent the duplicate email, i can see that there are two emails wit hthe same subject and are going to the user who got the duplicate. When i look at the user sent items who sent the duplicate, i only see one email being sent to the user. So Message tracking is saying that there were two emails, but in the users sent items i only see 1. What can i do to try...

Shading and borders with CRichEditCtrl (RTF 1.x)
I'm using a RichEditCtrl (RTF 1.0) in a C++ application (VC6). I can generate the appropriate RTF 'tags' for italic, bold, font-size, color, superscript, etc., but I'm baffled how to generate 'tags' for shading and borders. I tried using Word-2003 to accomplish this formatting, save as RTF, and open with WordPad, but the resulting file is quite large and I'm confused trying to figure out what it is doing. Using the rtf codes below, I want Line 6 to have a border, and Line 7 to be shaded. My expectation is that this file would load into WordPad-XP with this formatt...

Linear Trendline #2
Excel has created a linear trendline with its equations from the following points: X Y 1 4 3 12 6 15 the equations are: y = 2.1053x + 3.3158 R2 = 0.8681 I wonder if you can tell me how excel create this linear trendline from the points shown. Thanks in advance. Maperalia Maperalia - Excel uses "ordinary least squares," i.e., matrix operations that yield coefficients that minimize the sum of squared deviations. For the simple linear case, the results are equivalent to the formulas in Excel's Help for the INTERCEPT and SLOPE worksheet functions. See Excel's Help fo...

2 further: capture Event from MS Web browser (shdocvw.dll) 2
Hi all, Thanks for your guidence... >Another way, as shown by Paul Dilaschia might work for you. He >discussed it few years ago in MSDN: >http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/09/c/default.aspx >He simply subclasses the IE window and traps some messages. I suspect >it will do what you are looking for. I have looked that example it was something i was looking for... But ..... My primary concern is to display MS Office documents and PDF document. I have tried to load such documents And they were loaded but was getting crashed In d'tor.... ? Another thing that als...

Exchange 2007 AntiSpam
We have a user who is getting a LOT of SPAM. Many of these contain a specific word or words. I went into Exchange Management Console - Organization Configuration - Hub Transport - Anti-Spam - Content Filtering - Custom Words, and added the word(s) in question to the "blocked" section. This did not stop the messages with those words from being delivered. Is there something that I am missing here? I even tried rebooting the server but still get the SPAM. Thanks. On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 08:20:51 -0500, "Mark" <markl@csbonline.net> wrote: >We have...

Shipping document #2
Hi, I am using GP 10 with the Country/Region Selection as United States. Since I have a peculiar requirement for shipping documents. I came to know regarding German Shipping documents which will suit my requirement exactly, but it requires Germany as Country/Region Selection. Is there anyway to use this Germany shipping documents eventhough my installation is United States? Anyone has that chunk file which will work in United States installation? Thanks in advance. Madan ...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

CRM registration can not be done!

Migrating CRM to CRM