CRM 1.2 email with PDF attachment does not work..

We are having problems sending emails from CRM with PDF attachments.
When the email arrives at its destination, the PDF file is still attached
but it no longer has the PDF extension, so the user is prompted to select a
program to use to open the file. We do not experience this with emails
originating from Outlook.

Has anybody else seen this issue, anybody got a workaround?

TIA
Gino

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Works ok on our end.  Updates applied?

Frank Lee
Workopia, Inc.
www.workopia.com

"Gino" wrote:

> We are having problems sending emails from CRM with PDF attachments.
> When the email arrives at its destination, the PDF file is still attached
> but it no longer has the PDF extension, so the user is prompted to select a
> program to use to open the file. We do not experience this with emails
> originating from Outlook.
>
> Has anybody else seen this issue, anybody got a workaround?
>
> TIA
> Gino

I've also experienced problems with sending PDF's from CRM 1.2.  With certain
customers the PDF file seems to gets embodied into the email as a bunch of
ascii and is totally illegible.

There seems to be no rhythm or reason for this.

Hopefully the whole issue of email within CRM will be addressed in CRM v3!

Andy.

"Frank Lee" wrote:

> Works ok on our end.  Updates applied?
>
> Frank Lee
> Workopia, Inc.
> www.workopia.com
>
> "Gino" wrote:
>
> > We are having problems sending emails from CRM with PDF attachments.
> > When the email arrives at its destination, the PDF file is still attached
> > but it no longer has the PDF extension, so the user is prompted to select a
> > program to use to open the file. We do not experience this with emails
> > originating from Outlook.
> >
> > Has anybody else seen this issue, anybody got a workaround?
> >
> > TIA
> > Gino

I'm going verify that all hotfixes have been applied, it may be that there is
a fix for this..

"Andy P" wrote:

> I've also experienced problems with sending PDF's from CRM 1.2.  With certain
> customers the PDF file seems to gets embodied into the email as a bunch of
> ascii and is totally illegible.
>
> There seems to be no rhythm or reason for this.
>
> Hopefully the whole issue of email within CRM will be addressed in CRM v3!
>
> Andy.
>

> "Frank Lee" wrote:
>
> > Works ok on our end.  Updates applied?
> >
> > Frank Lee
> > Workopia, Inc.
> > www.workopia.com
> >
> > "Gino" wrote:
> >
> > > We are having problems sending emails from CRM with PDF attachments.
> > > When the email arrives at its destination, the PDF file is still attached
> > > but it no longer has the PDF extension, so the user is prompted to select a
> > > program to use to open the file. We do not experience this with emails
> > > originating from Outlook.
> > >
> > > Has anybody else seen this issue, anybody got a workaround?
> > >
> > > TIA
> > > Gino

links #2
Who knows a way to un-link those links in a sheet? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements You can convert them to values. If you have xl2002 (or higher???), you can edit|links|Break link. In earlier versions, you can copy|paste special values. And to help find those pesky links: Bill Manville's findlink.zip from: http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm won...

Upgragding to 1.2 to 1.3
Receiving the media on Monday. Any issues that I should be aware of? Pralell dongle. Best, M Manny, Why not wait til 1.3R due within the next couple of weeks? Otherwise, backup your database and any customized reports and/or receipts. If you get a license violation after the install, just unplug and re-plug in your dongle. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open wi...

'black hole' method for departed employees emails
Hi, We have implemented Neil Hobson 'black hole' method (http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/07/black_holes_not.html) for email addresses of departed employees. It works fine, no NDR's are generated. However I read in this blog comments by people saying that this collects mail in the Badmail folder. I don't see any mail in our Badmail folder and I wonder if I should be concerned. Message tracking for such email messages ends with: "Message submitted to caterogizer" Any ideas ? Thanks, Igor Hi Igor, If your running Exchange 2003 SP1, the BadMail f...

CRM Field Names

Wave 4
I am liking Wave 4 but it would have been nice to have had the ability to attach labels to emails. ...

Pocket PC Money 2004 Foreign currency sync #2
Anyone have a clue how to do it? It's a pain living in japan and not being able to update the account I use most on my PPC. Especially since a lot of places in japan don't give receipts, or if they do, they are likley to be in japanese. I don't read japanese and trying to sort things out at the end of the day is a pain, it's be much easier to just enter ther debit when I incur it. --Serp The client only supports the home currency. A serious limitation. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Serpent77" <Serpent77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

OWA Issue #2
I have some internal and external client that can connect to the owa side but get errors on the page which stops them from accessing mail and vieng anything but the subject line. All the clients are running eplorer 6 with all the service packs. The look identical in every way Sounds like there may be some issues with either the Security or Privacy options in Internet Options. I'd check the configuration of a working workstation then compare it against a workstation that isn't working. Also what what particular error message are they getting on that page? >-----Original Messag...

How do I add my Peoplepc email to Outlook email accounts?
I am new to Outlook- (Using Outlook 2003)I am trying to set up the accounts, I can't access my Peoplepc email from outlook, I can't send email from any account- it stays in the "outbox" I tried to reconfigure the Peoplepc account and still no luck. I walked thru the "set up new email account" and still no luck. Can anyone help? Seamore@peoplepc.com "Seamore" <Seamore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5AD445A-E9B8-4318-8E5E-40CE6D7E59AE@microsoft.com... > I am new to Outlook- (Using Outlook 2003)I am trying to set up the &...

How to enable the email address to repeat when entering a email
The outlook email program will not automaticallly fill in the email address of email address that I have previously used. How and where can I enable that menu? Thanks Depends on your Outlook version which you failed to mention. Since the feature is enabled by default, I suspect you have other problems. Clarify your post and provide more detail. -- Russ Valentine "Crash1234" <Crash1234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4818E78-9AD9-4256-9649-461E107FDD40@microsoft.com... > The outlook email program will not automaticallly fill in the email &g...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

borders #2
In a spreadsheet, we have placed "broken-line" borders in red to make them stand out. What I want to do is to make those broken-line borders crawl while the viewer is looking at the spreadsheet on the monitor. How can I make that happen? I think they are called "running ants" or "crawling ants." Mary Lu I think you mean "marching ants" which you see around a copied but not yet pasted area. Also called a "marquee" which is the proper name for it. You cannot replicate this with borders unless you used VBA code which would render your sh...

Size of excel work book is not full screen
The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the window either. Maybe the workbook is protected with the windows option checked. Tools|Protection|unprotect workbook (if that option is available) You may need a password. Mike wrote: > > The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking > on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the > window either. -- Dave Peterson ...

Reset CRM

duplicate emails being sent #2
Hello all Runnign exchange sp2 on windows 2003 sp1. I ahve a user who complained that she got an a duplicate email from another user. Both users are on the same exchange server. When i look a message tracking and specify the user who sent the duplicate email, i can see that there are two emails wit hthe same subject and are going to the user who got the duplicate. When i look at the user sent items who sent the duplicate, i only see one email being sent to the user. So Message tracking is saying that there were two emails, but in the users sent items i only see 1. What can i do to try...

Shading and borders with CRichEditCtrl (RTF 1.x)
I'm using a RichEditCtrl (RTF 1.0) in a C++ application (VC6). I can generate the appropriate RTF 'tags' for italic, bold, font-size, color, superscript, etc., but I'm baffled how to generate 'tags' for shading and borders. I tried using Word-2003 to accomplish this formatting, save as RTF, and open with WordPad, but the resulting file is quite large and I'm confused trying to figure out what it is doing. Using the rtf codes below, I want Line 6 to have a border, and Line 7 to be shaded. My expectation is that this file would load into WordPad-XP with this formatt...

Linear Trendline #2
Excel has created a linear trendline with its equations from the following points: X Y 1 4 3 12 6 15 the equations are: y = 2.1053x + 3.3158 R2 = 0.8681 I wonder if you can tell me how excel create this linear trendline from the points shown. Thanks in advance. Maperalia Maperalia - Excel uses "ordinary least squares," i.e., matrix operations that yield coefficients that minimize the sum of squared deviations. For the simple linear case, the results are equivalent to the formulas in Excel's Help for the INTERCEPT and SLOPE worksheet functions. See Excel's Help fo...

2 further: capture Event from MS Web browser (shdocvw.dll) 2
Hi all, Thanks for your guidence... >Another way, as shown by Paul Dilaschia might work for you. He >discussed it few years ago in MSDN: >http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/09/c/default.aspx >He simply subclasses the IE window and traps some messages. I suspect >it will do what you are looking for. I have looked that example it was something i was looking for... But ..... My primary concern is to display MS Office documents and PDF document. I have tried to load such documents And they were loaded but was getting crashed In d'tor.... ? Another thing that als...

Shipping document #2
Hi, I am using GP 10 with the Country/Region Selection as United States. Since I have a peculiar requirement for shipping documents. I came to know regarding German Shipping documents which will suit my requirement exactly, but it requires Germany as Country/Region Selection. Is there anyway to use this Germany shipping documents eventhough my installation is United States? Anyone has that chunk file which will work in United States installation? Thanks in advance. Madan ...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client