CRM 1.2 Crystal Reports Error: updateViewState failed

When any user in the system tries to display a report, CRM gives the
following error:

CrystalReportViewer

updateViewState failed

Your request was cancelled. The necessary security privileges could not be
verified. Please contact your system administrator.

We are using CRM 1.2 on Win S2003.

How can I fix this?

--
/Fredrik
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

try restarting the crystal services and test again

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Fredrik" <Fredrik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When any user in the system tries to display a report, CRM gives the
> following error:

> CrystalReportViewer
>
> updateViewState failed
>
> Your request was cancelled. The necessary security privileges could not be
> verified. Please contact your system administrator.
>
> We are using CRM 1.2 on Win S2003.
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> --
> /Fredrik

0
John
11/12/2004 8:47:20 AM
I solved it: restarting the CRM server did the trick. Perhaps the following
description might help somebody else.

Our SQL Server database for CRM is located on another server that was
restarted yesterday. It is after this, that the problem occured.

I checked the Application Event Log of the CRM server and I found events of
the following type:
Event Source:	MSCRMDeletionService

Later these events occured:
Event Source:	Crystal_CrystalAPS
access error. Reason [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Communication link
failure. ODBC error:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Communication link
failure

Even later, these occured:
Event Source:	Crystal_cacheserver
updated APS member list. Logon can not continue.

It turns out that Crystal Reports has a service named "Crystal APS" that
"provides scheduling, security and system management services".

I restarted this service and tried again. The user interface then warned me
that we had ran out of Crystal Report licenses (which is false, we DO have
licenses).

Since restarting the service at least changed the error message, I presumed
that it had something to do with the problem. Perhaps CRM needs to be
restarted completely to be correctly initialized, I thought. So I restarted
the CRM server and yes, it took away the problem.

usage report
Dear All, Is it possible to create a "usage report" in CRM? I mean a report containing data about people using CRM and what things have they done - or even see the statistical usage report? Is there any table on database contain this data? Ps, I'm using CRM 4.0 Thank before Hi, Microsoft CRM doesn’t tracks the usage of CRM or any kind of audit. There are two possible ways; 1. Use any third party add-on. (There are few for audit but I don’t think there is any for the usage.) 2. Use IIS Logs for tracking the usage of MS CRM by different CRM User. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM ...

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Stupid question regarding reports
I am a former Quicken user switching to Money and I have what seems to me a very dumb report question. How do I create a new report? I've looked in the help file and in the online tutorial and users guide and find plenty of references to customizing an existing report but nothing about creating a new one. I realize that it must be there somewhere. Someone please help this dummy (it would be nice if they gave you even a 5 page manual though). Bob Had me guessing for a while also. Just click on "reports" and select which one you want. Don't forget to use "custom...

Looking for XPathReader 1.1
Where is XPathReader 1.1 available for download? I have 1.0 and found the 2005 MS announcement for 1.1 but the link was for godotnet which no longer exists. Nothing shows up in a search at the MS download center or Google. Bill ...

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

DNS Error on Exchange

Please ignore #2

CRM tools
Hi, I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't find. Example CRMDiag and more patches that repair a lot of knowed errors and warrings. Anybody know an url to download them? thanks Hello, If you have any problems with your CRM deployment you can issue a support call to Microsoft Dynamics. They will supply you with these tools if this is needed to resolve the case. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "makeio" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't > find. Example CRMDiag and mor...

error 0x800cc0f

matching contents #2

error on upgrade: ID 4386