CRM 1.2 Console Logon Problem

Folks,

I have CRM 1.2 installed on a SBS 2003 Premium server with the SBS SP1
installed, the default port number for the site is 83 and not 80 as it would
conflict with another product.

I have created a link for users with the port number in and this works fine
from  client machines, but if I use the server console to try and access the
same site an authentication box appears and will not accept my credentials
(Administrator) and then fails with you do not have permission to access this
site. The same happens if I try and use the Deployment Manager.

If I log on to a client Workstation with the same Administrator account the
site works just fine, the Administrator account has full access rights to CRM.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Eddie Schenk
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

have you added the site address into your Intranet security setings in IE ?

"Eddie Schenk" wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have CRM 1.2 installed on a SBS 2003 Premium server with the SBS SP1
> installed, the default port number for the site is 83 and not 80 as it would
> conflict with another product.
>
> I have created a link for users with the port number in and this works fine
> from  client machines, but if I use the server console to try and access the
> same site an authentication box appears and will not accept my credentials
> (Administrator) and then fails with you do not have permission to access this
> site. The same happens if I try and use the Deployment Manager.
>
> If I log on to a client Workstation with the same Administrator account the
> site works just fine, the Administrator account has full access rights to CRM.
>
> Any ideas please?
>
> Thanks
>
> Eddie Schenk
Yes

"Lanman" wrote:

> have you added the site address into your Intranet security setings in IE ?
>

> "Eddie Schenk" wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > I have CRM 1.2 installed on a SBS 2003 Premium server with the SBS SP1
> > installed, the default port number for the site is 83 and not 80 as it would
> > conflict with another product.
> >
> > I have created a link for users with the port number in and this works fine
> > from  client machines, but if I use the server console to try and access the
> > same site an authentication box appears and will not accept my credentials
> > (Administrator) and then fails with you do not have permission to access this
> > site. The same happens if I try and use the Deployment Manager.
> >
> > If I log on to a client Workstation with the same Administrator account the
> > site works just fine, the Administrator account has full access rights to CRM.
> >
> > Any ideas please?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Eddie Schenk

Upgragding to 1.2 to 1.3
Receiving the media on Monday. Any issues that I should be aware of? Pralell dongle. Best, M Manny, Why not wait til 1.3R due within the next couple of weeks? Otherwise, backup your database and any customized reports and/or receipts. If you get a license violation after the install, just unplug and re-plug in your dongle. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open wi...

links #2
Who knows a way to un-link those links in a sheet? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements You can convert them to values. If you have xl2002 (or higher???), you can edit|links|Break link. In earlier versions, you can copy|paste special values. And to help find those pesky links: Bill Manville's findlink.zip from: http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm won...

Pocket PC Money 2004 Foreign currency sync #2
Anyone have a clue how to do it? It's a pain living in japan and not being able to update the account I use most on my PPC. Especially since a lot of places in japan don't give receipts, or if they do, they are likley to be in japanese. I don't read japanese and trying to sort things out at the end of the day is a pain, it's be much easier to just enter ther debit when I incur it. --Serp The client only supports the home currency. A serious limitation. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Serpent77" <Serpent77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67...

CRM Field Names

Problem adding input to cell
I've had Excel files for several years and never had this problem - what did I do??? All of a sudden when I try to click in a cell it won't let me do anything - add or change and data . The only place I'm able to change or add data is in text boxes that are already there. :( -- PghPatti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PghPatti's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24706 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382734 Do you get a popup message back? Does it say you...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

OWA Issue #2
I have some internal and external client that can connect to the owa side but get errors on the page which stops them from accessing mail and vieng anything but the subject line. All the clients are running eplorer 6 with all the service packs. The look identical in every way Sounds like there may be some issues with either the Security or Privacy options in Internet Options. I'd check the configuration of a working workstation then compare it against a workstation that isn't working. Also what what particular error message are they getting on that page? >-----Original Messag...

Excel 1900 Date Problem
I'm modifying an existing spreadsheet. When I modify an input cell t change the date, the date in the cell appears incorrect. Example: enter 1/14/2001 and the cell reads 1/0/1900. However, in the task ba the correct date appears. Any clues as to why this happens -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi bluesband! Sounds to me that youe are pressing "=" before you put in the date. This "tells" Excel 1 divided by 14 divided by 2001 which Excel returns as 0.0000356964374955379 You then format as a date to get 1/0/1900. Don't press the "=&q...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

borders #2
In a spreadsheet, we have placed "broken-line" borders in red to make them stand out. What I want to do is to make those broken-line borders crawl while the viewer is looking at the spreadsheet on the monitor. How can I make that happen? I think they are called "running ants" or "crawling ants." Mary Lu I think you mean "marching ants" which you see around a copied but not yet pasted area. Also called a "marquee" which is the proper name for it. You cannot replicate this with borders unless you used VBA code which would render your sh...

Reset CRM

duplicate emails being sent #2
Hello all Runnign exchange sp2 on windows 2003 sp1. I ahve a user who complained that she got an a duplicate email from another user. Both users are on the same exchange server. When i look a message tracking and specify the user who sent the duplicate email, i can see that there are two emails wit hthe same subject and are going to the user who got the duplicate. When i look at the user sent items who sent the duplicate, i only see one email being sent to the user. So Message tracking is saying that there were two emails, but in the users sent items i only see 1. What can i do to try...

Shading and borders with CRichEditCtrl (RTF 1.x)
I'm using a RichEditCtrl (RTF 1.0) in a C++ application (VC6). I can generate the appropriate RTF 'tags' for italic, bold, font-size, color, superscript, etc., but I'm baffled how to generate 'tags' for shading and borders. I tried using Word-2003 to accomplish this formatting, save as RTF, and open with WordPad, but the resulting file is quite large and I'm confused trying to figure out what it is doing. Using the rtf codes below, I want Line 6 to have a border, and Line 7 to be shaded. My expectation is that this file would load into WordPad-XP with this formatt...

Linear Trendline #2
Excel has created a linear trendline with its equations from the following points: X Y 1 4 3 12 6 15 the equations are: y = 2.1053x + 3.3158 R2 = 0.8681 I wonder if you can tell me how excel create this linear trendline from the points shown. Thanks in advance. Maperalia Maperalia - Excel uses "ordinary least squares," i.e., matrix operations that yield coefficients that minimize the sum of squared deviations. For the simple linear case, the results are equivalent to the formulas in Excel's Help for the INTERCEPT and SLOPE worksheet functions. See Excel's Help fo...

2 further: capture Event from MS Web browser (shdocvw.dll) 2
Hi all, Thanks for your guidence... >Another way, as shown by Paul Dilaschia might work for you. He >discussed it few years ago in MSDN: >http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/09/c/default.aspx >He simply subclasses the IE window and traps some messages. I suspect >it will do what you are looking for. I have looked that example it was something i was looking for... But ..... My primary concern is to display MS Office documents and PDF document. I have tried to load such documents And they were loaded but was getting crashed In d'tor.... ? Another thing that als...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

Shipping document #2
Hi, I am using GP 10 with the Country/Region Selection as United States. Since I have a peculiar requirement for shipping documents. I came to know regarding German Shipping documents which will suit my requirement exactly, but it requires Germany as Country/Region Selection. Is there anyway to use this Germany shipping documents eventhough my installation is United States? Anyone has that chunk file which will work in United States installation? Thanks in advance. Madan ...

Merge & mail-Problem Inserting full address?
Hello, I'm going crazy with this problem. I'm wanting to print addresses directing on my customer mailing, using no labels. I've successfully added my data source file but when I go to add the Address Block or Address Fields I can't get past having only one Field show. (like First Name) Where it says "Point to field that you want to insert. When the drop down arrows appears, click the arrow, & then Click Insert Text or Insert as Picture". Well I'm not able to find any other of my address fields 'drop down' to add. Even in the Insert Addre...

Windows Live Messenger Login Screen problem
Hi All Wonder if anyone can help me. When ever my login screen pops up to type in my email address and password the font has become so small that it is impossible to read. Does anyone have any ideas how to restore it's normal size? I would enclose a screen grab to display this but I don't think I can on this site. Many thanks Timboya;1234807 Wrote: > Hi All > > Wonder if anyone can help me. When ever my login screen pops up to type > in > my email address and password the font has become so small that it is > impossible to read. Does anyone...

problems with restoring back up
I had Money 2003 home & business on my desktop (XP). I now have a new laptop (vista). I have downloaded the trial of the 2008 Home & business money version. I copied the backup file (.mny) through network connection from the deskto to the laptop. Everythime I open the new Money and go to restore backup it asks me for my old password, it comes up with some windows, saying that it is converting files and then it opens the home Money screen, but none of my old info is there, no accounts, no bills. I have run the new Moeny as an administrator and then restarted and I have opened the...

CRM registration can not be done!