creating sub accounts - new security role???

I would like for there to be a separate security option to allow users to
create sub-accounts and not top level accounts.  We could then allow users
more granular security policies.

Thanks,
Chris

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6df05643-5cd6-47d1-a2f2-20b42521cf4a&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The current v3.0 security role will not be the way to approach this since a
sub account is just like any other account creation.

The option to try would be via SDK/javascript to control this.

Good luck.

Frank Lee
Workopia, Inc.
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

"Chris" wrote:

> I would like for there to be a separate security option to allow users to
> create sub-accounts and not top level accounts.  We could then allow users
> more granular security policies.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6df05643-5cd6-47d1-a2f2-20b42521cf4a&dg=microsoft.public.crm
maybe just javacript to check the parent account field on onsave and if its
not null then abort the save

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm

"Frank Lee" <FrankLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The current v3.0 security role will not be the way to approach this since
> sub account is just like any other account creation.
>
> The option to try would be via SDK/javascript to control this.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Frank Lee
> Workopia, Inc.
> http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm
>
> "Chris" wrote:
>
>> I would like for there to be a separate security option to allow users to
>> create sub-accounts and not top level accounts.  We could then allow
>> users
>> more granular security policies.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chris
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6df05643-5cd6-47d1-a2f2-20b42521cf4a&dg=microsoft.public.crm

0
John
5/23/2006 4:14:10 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_0BE568E0

Hi Chris,

This is Mike responding.  Thanks for the post!

Those are both good suggestions.  The Dev. newsgroup would be a better
place for you to post these coding/SDK questions as they are better
equipped to answer your questions there.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Kind regards,
Mike

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We
look forward to hearing from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_0BE568E0

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Chris,
\par
\par This is Mike responding.  Thanks for the post!
\par
\par Those are both good suggestions.  The Dev. newsgroup would be a better place for you to post these coding/SDK questions as they are better equipped to answer your questions there.
\par
\par Thanks and have a great weekend!
\par
\par Kind regards,
\par Mike
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_0BE568E0--

0
mchristl

Favorite Account Missing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C3DC4D.A4115E20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have Money 2003. I've just noticed that when I tried to get an = account to come up on my Home Page, even though I make the account a = favorite it is NOT listed. When I go to the accounts page, it is listed = there and the details page shows the box for favorites is checked. When = I click the link that says "see all of my favorites", all of my accounts = come up except for this one. ...

Social Security & Medicare payment deductions
Using Money '04. I need advice on keeping up with Social Security pension received where the Medicare insurance is deducted from total payment. When I download the deposit from the bank it just lists the total amount deposited, which is the amount due less the deduction for Medicare insurance. I would like to keep up with the total S.S. amount received and then record the amount paid for the insurance. How should this be handled? Thanks, John Edit the downloaded transactions into a split. In the splits, change the amount for the income category to the total. Add a second l...

create a roster

Credit limit security
can someone explain how you control which users can override a customers credit limit. thanks GP9.0 -- Christian S South Carolina Christian: You set a password in the 'Exceed Credit Limit' password field in Receivables Management setup. When an order or an invoice is being entered that would exceed the customer's credit limit, it will prompt the user for the password. No password, no go any further with that order or invoice. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Thank You -- Christian S South Carolina "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT&...

Task Create - Status

Business Logic Extensions to Microsoft CRM 1.2: Post-Callouts works only with the CRM
hi, i extendet my ms crm organisation with own written business logic. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmpostcalloutsv1d2.asp so far so fine, but it works only with the crm-admin user account. all other users makes no impact on saving the organisation. any ideas? thx urb ...

Create external database

Remove investments from closed accounts
Is there a way on MS Money 2005 (premium) to eliminate the investments with no position (from closed accounts) from the "Best and worst" investment category on the homepage? Steve ...

How to create pie chart with %

advanced read-only security
I have a client with an obscure security need. They want all users to be able to search for a contact record and have them be able to see the preview information for each record that is returned in the resultset. However, they do not want them to be able to open the main record window to view the complete record information. I know of no way that this can be done through the application BUT I was wondering whether it would be possible to add additional security verification code when the preview is selected. thanks in advance Simon; you are correct that it can't be done out of th...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Creating an ad book

all account owners changed to same owner
CRM 1.2; server OS w2003, sql server 2000 Some time between Wednesday (16th) afternoon and Thursday (17th) afternoon, when it was first noticed, all accounts (30,000+) had the owner changed. Owners A, B and C each owned about 1/3 of the accounts, now all accounts are owned by owner C. This changed was made without changing the last modifiedon date. We are in the process of restoring from backup. We are at a loss as to how this happened. Has anyone had a similar experience? Thoughts anyone? Thanks, -- Jim Yeah Jim, Somebody or some (workflow or other) process changed them! Field...

Outlook 2003: Reply to messages using the account to which they were sent?
I have a series of email accounts set up in my Outlook 2003. All mail is delivered to my default Inbox. I'm looking for a foolproof means of ensuring that when I reply to an email... that it is sent from the account to which it was sent. I don't want to have to think to change the sending account manually... So: If an email is sent to bob@bob.com, when I hit reply I want the reply account to be bob@bob.com If the email was sent to accounts@bob.com, when I hit reply I want the reply account to be accounts@bob.com Any idea as to how I do this? Thanks Bob All version of Outlook...

Access unable to create an MDE

error while sending mail to external accounts
hello, I'm trying to send mail from Exchange 2003 Server account, to hotmail. And its not working. Does any one have a clue, what do i need to do in this regards. Thanks, Sam. What errors/NDRs do you get? Provide the exact message. Does this happen for all outbound mail? Sam wrote: > hello, > I'm trying to send mail from Exchange 2003 Server account, to > hotmail. And its not working. > Does any one have a clue, what do i need to do in this regards. > > Thanks, > > Sam. this error occurs for all the out bound messages. And i get an automated rep...

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...