Creating schedules

I am the CAD Manager for a major retail electronics
company.  I work in the Architectural & Engineering
department.  I am trying to locate a software package
that can be programed to look at certain fields in our
access database and usning formulas create a work
schedule of when projects are to be completed.  To be
more specific if I want to know what construction
drawings need to be completed between July 1 and August
25 it will look at the construction start date in Access
and calculate (backs off 90 days) and will schedule when
the particular jobs should be completed.  Can this be
done in Excell, Access, Project or what?

Thank you in advance,
Ted
0
Ted
6/30/2003 10:22:19 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Ted

As Sal says either program will do it. I would take a look at Excel as it
can be programmed tro look at your access database, perform some calcs then
produce a report for you.

Project can do the same and perhaps even create a project plan for you

"Ted" <ted.evans@radioshack.com> wrote in message
> I am the CAD Manager for a major retail electronics
> company.  I work in the Architectural & Engineering
> department.  I am trying to locate a software package
> that can be programed to look at certain fields in our
> access database and usning formulas create a work
> schedule of when projects are to be completed.  To be
> more specific if I want to know what construction
> drawings need to be completed between July 1 and August
> 25 it will look at the construction start date in Access
> and calculate (backs off 90 days) and will schedule when
> the particular jobs should be completed.  Can this be
> done in Excell, Access, Project or what?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Ted

0
John

Cannot create a new Organization
Hi, I'm trying to set up a new Organization, but get an error that the Organization wasn't created. When I then look at the logfile, I get the error message shown below. It's the last part of the log file. It seems like it's the first couple of lines that is the actual errormessage. I have tried to google for these messages, but haven't really found anything useful. We already have several organizations setup so it has worked at some time. The "only" difference since last time I set up a new Organization, is that I have applied RollUp4. I haven't had a...

Creating New Mailboxes #2
Hi, ANYONE KNOW WHY AFTER CLICKING CREATE MAILBOX FROM THE EXCHANGE TASKS ON A USER IT TAKES UPWARDS OF 1-2 HOURS BEFORE THE MAILBOX APPEARS? ADVICE/INFO GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS PHIL MATHER ZETEX PLC IT SUPPORT Before the mailbox appears where, exactly? In the GAL? In ESM? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "PHIL MATHER" <PHIL MATHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577D27BC-B370-4501-A09D-65151B5E901F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > ANYONE KNOW WHY AFTER CLICKING CREATE MAILBOX FRO...

User re-created in active directory
We have a strange situation in our CRM implementation. One of the CRM user was deleted from the Active directory and re-created with the same username. Nothing was changed in CRM in this regard. However, since the user user got recreated, I think the crm entry refers to the old user sid and hence the user is not able to do anything in CRM. How do we deal with this situation? Is there a way to refresh the sid of the user in the CRM? Hi, Maybe you can track the users GUID in active directory. I'm currently not at liberty too take a look myself. Another option is to recreate the use...

Automaticly entered, scheduled transactions
Is there a way to have a scheduled transaction entered automaticly into my register without it automaticly being reconciled? I'm assuming that these are not downloaded transactions and that you are, or at one time were, using M02 and that these transactions were scheduled, using M02, from reconciled transactions already in the register. If these assumptions are true, see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=126. "Howard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:913801c43311$d2a7cf10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have a scheduled transaction en...

error creating company
Hi, Iam getting the following error while creating a company 'The following SQL statement produced an error: create VIEW GTM20001V AS select HDR.aaSubLedgerHdrID, LINE.aaSubLedgerDistID, LINE.aaSubLedgerAssignID, HDR.SERIES, HDR.DOCTYPE, HDR.DOCNUMBR, HDR.Master_ID, LINE.aaTrxDimID, LINE.aaTrxCodeID, LINE.aaTrxDimCode, LINE.INTERID, LINE.ACTINDX, LINE.ACCTTYPE, LINE.DISTTYPE, LINE.DEBITAMT, LINE.CRDTAMNT, LINE.CURNCYID, LINE.SEQNUMBR, LINE.GLPOSTDT, LINE.POSTED, LINE.HISTORY, LINE.DEX_ROW_ID from AAG20000 as HDR inner join( select T1.*, T3.aaTrxDimCod...

Creating an email list
I have a column of email addresses, and I want to combine them all into one cell seperated by commas. I want to make an group email list that I can just copy into an email without having to enter each individual emaill address. Say your email list is in column C starting in C1. In D1 enter "=C1" without the quotes. In D2 enter =D1&","&C2. Drag this formula down as far as your email list goes. The last cell will show all the emails. HTH Otto "ILunacy" <ILunacy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59C0E067-1E04-4FE2-B1...

create excel based standalone application
Hello, Starting to get familiar with VB syntax, I wondered if it is possible to create an excel application without a user having to use the excel editting environment, but only use the custom made environment by VB. So when he starts up an exe(some how created from within excell VB ??) he only sees the excel application and no excel authoring environment? -- Thanks, Pete_R ...

TRYING TO CREATE AUTONUMBER FIELD
I imported a large Approach DBF file into Access 2007. I set up my data entry form for the new table. On my old Approach form we had a field "Sample Number". When you started the database, the input form came up.When you click on the sample number field, a new sample number appeared which was the previous record sample number +1. Seems simple enough. No validation was required and Approach listed the field as a field box, numeric, auto number-serial. Ok when I bound this field to the new table field in Access, I set it up as a numeric field box. I tried to set it for a...

Creating new 'blank publications'
How do I create for myself - or better yet, where can I find templates for - an A4 3 fold leaflet? In Publisher 2000 there are 71 templates for A4 tri-fold flyers. I would think all versions of Publisher would have a similar choice. The way to get at them is: File Print setup Select A4 paper - Landscape File New The catalog pops up Select brochures Let the creative thought processes flow..... -- Don Vancouver, USA "tpjay" <tpjay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2404C4DA-E2C0-4568-997E-8CA445A6F697@microsoft.com... > How do I cre...

How to Save Email, without extra folder being created
Whenever I try to save an email in Outlook 2007 to a customer file, an additional folder gets created. Is there a way around this. It looks like saving it as an .mht file, but is there a way to have outlook 2007 automatically default to this save as type? No, you cant pick a default save as type, but you might be able to use VBA to automate it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsle...

Creating Numbered Tickets
I need 300 sequentionally numbered tickets created in Publisher 2003 on Win XP. I tried catalog merge but when I copied the ticket five down, all I got was five copies of ticket 10001. I don't need 300 sheets of paper! I need five tickets per sheet times 60 sheets. Can this be done in MS Publisher? Sure it can be done in Publisher. Figure out how large your ticket will be. You can only have one ticket on your screen for a merge to work. If you use the catalog merge, fill in only one catalog block. Lots of help here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx I h...

Creating a Mailing List in Outlook
That's what I want--a simple mailing list, or 'group,' created from my own Contacts Directory, so I can just click one or two keys and send an e-mail to many, many people. (Instead of adding dozens of e-dresses one at a time). It used to be simple to do this in old Outlook Express. In fancy Outlook 200s, however, all I find is a lot of stuff about Merge Mail and a lot of instructions re envelopes--real mail, in other words. Simple instructions for this simple task much appreciated. -- bill marsano Outlook has always had the same ability. The counterpart to...

Dll function creating MFC dialog..
Hi I am facing a crash only in 2k with the following scenario . In XP and 98 this problem is not observed In my scenario I have X.exe, Y.dll. Y.dll exports a function (say Z) which has DoModal() of a dialog called. X.exe on click of a button starts a thread and in that thread calls the Z method which shows up a dialog. The problem happens when the button is clicked thrice or more than thrice. The three dialogs are lauched in three threads and are shown. But if I try to move the dialogs, After some time a crash is seen, whcih occurs in a method of MFC42.dll. More information about the scen...

Can't create hyperlink
Using Office 2000, publisher, my hyperlink option in "insert" is faded. Button on left column also is faded. no option to hyperlink. Can anyone help me with this? revmel <revmel@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Using Office 2000, publisher, my hyperlink option in "insert" is > faded. Button on left column also is faded. no option to hyperlink. You have to convert your publication to a web publication before the option to insert a hyperlink becomes available. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Can somebody help me to create offline cubes
I have 10 sheets with more than 65,000 rows on each sheet. I wish to combine this data to run a pivot table which I am unable to do. Someone suggested that i convert this to an offline cube and run a pivot on the same. However, when i try to convert this to a cube I am repeatedly getting the following error "Syntax error in FROM clause" Can you somebody help me out with the following 1) How do I overcome this error? 2) Is there anyway of combing the above mentioned data to run pivot operation Regards Rej ...

How to add Maximize box on a dialog created by using CDialog
I want to have a maximize box on the Dialoog which is created by inheriting CDialog class on a specific case. Controls on that dialog should also get resized accordingly. For example the size of the list control on that dialog should be state specific(max or min). Thanks regards In the PreCreateWindow for your subclass, add in the style (It think it is WS_MAXIMIZEBOX) to force the maximize box to appear. In your OnSize handler, you do whatever it takes to resize the controls. For example, here's a case where the listbox occupies the bottom of the dialog: void CMyDialog::OnSize(int cx...

Creating button as cell
This may be a silly easy question, but im new to Excel so Id appreciat someone's help. I was wondering if its possible to create a butto such that the button is a cell itself. So that when you click th cell, it executes the macro assigned to the button. Also, the butto would need to keep the size and coordinates of the cell to which it i created into. If Im not being clear please let ,me know. Thank -- jpizzl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jpizzle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2392 View this thr...

Create a handheld inventory solution to help take inventory.
RMS should have a handheld solution that helps automate the process of taking a physical count of inventory. A great value add for RMS that can showcase Windows Mobile ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community...

Viewing Account / Contact Name in Regarding field under Quick Create Campaign
When you run a Quick Create Campaign to a List View - You assign a name to that activity - ex. Follow up on all Accounts in NJ - Schedule an Activity to this group for June 1. When you go to My Activities in Workplace the regarding displays the name of the Quick Campaign. Is there any way to have the Regarding show the name of the Account? Is there a work around? It is frustrating to look at your list view of Activities and not see the Account you are calling on. You have to double click on that activity to see where you are calling. Help!! ...

A way to create a smartlist object
Is there a way to add a smartlist object without Smartlist Builder? If so how? You'd have to use Dexterity, I believe, to do that. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Fhillyer" wrote: > Is there a way to add a smartlist object without Smartlist Builder? > > If so how? > Charles is correct - you can make your own via Dexterity. Which is essentially what SmartList builder is doing - it gives you the UI and then handles all the stuff in a similar manner as you'd write yours in Dexterity. It is all documented in the Dexterity Integration Guide. patrick dev support ...

Creating Rules #4
I am trying to create a rule that I can run when I am away that will respond to incoming e-mail to say that I am away and when I will be back; as on vacation for instance. I have followed the wizard through, but at no point does it take you to any place where you can create the message. There is a selection to respond with a standard template, but still there is not message creation and I end with the generic file, mail.oft. I was successful in getting the rule to work, but the message on the other end was blank. How do I create the message and then save it in a form that will be rec...

How to create a an excel chart from other sheets?
I would like to know how to create a an excel chart from other sheets? Mario - Start the chart wizard. On step 2, Source Data, you can click in the Data Range box on the Data Range tab, or any of the similar boxes on the Series tab. While you're in one of these boxes, you can switch to another sheet using the tabs on the bottom. You can also switch to a different open workbook using the Window menu. Whatever data you select, from whichever sheet, is used in your new chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http:...

Rights to Create without Read
Hi All, I need to assign users the rights to create custom entity, but that users shouldn't be able to read the entity. Is it possible? It's actually the automation in the application, so there is an application running in the callout to create custom entity if Contact/Account is created. This additional custom entity is confidential, that not all users should see, including users that create Contact/Account. I have tried to give user rights to Create only, but the application throws exception that User does not have rights. Is there anyway that user can create the record but not be ab...

Create Labels in Word
I am having difficulty creating labels using the mail merge wizard in word. I followed the directions exactly and it does not show my labels after I create them. ...

How to create data connections for tab-delimited data...
Hi, I am having difficulty with creating a tab-delimited data connection. I used the Excel Import Data Wizard with success. When I try to access the Data Connection to change my source file, for some reason I don't have access to the Properties Tab. Can you help explain what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your assistance. -Greg ...