Creating Email Templates

Hello,

In looking at the various resources, everyone seems to
like the email template functionality .. although I do
question one thing.

Is it possible to create an email template for use in a
workflow THAT IS NOT sent to the customer/account?

From what I can tell, if you create an
Opportunity/Account/Contact email template, all these
automatically send the end account/customer the email.
What I would like is when a new Opportunity is created to
be sent to some Internal users only ... ie. the user's
Manager to confirm the presence of a new Opportunity.

This from the looks of things cannot be done without
getting into the programming. Am I missing something here?

0
Chris
4/6/2004 6:03:32 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Unfortunately, no.  Hoepfully this will be changed in a future release, but for
now, you can either choose the recipients or use a template from Workflow.

One workaround would be to write code using the SDK to send the email and then
invoke it via a PostURL call i nthe workflow.

Matt Parks

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 23:03:32 -0700, "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

Hello,

In looking at the various resources, everyone seems to
like the email template functionality .. although I do
question one thing.

Is it possible to create an email template for use in a
workflow THAT IS NOT sent to the customer/account?

From what I can tell, if you create an
Opportunity/Account/Contact email template, all these
automatically send the end account/customer the email.
What I would like is when a new Opportunity is created to
be sent to some Internal users only ... ie. the user's
Manager to confirm the presence of a new Opportunity.

This from the looks of things cannot be done without
getting into the programming. Am I missing something here?

0
Matt

create a roster

Synchronise email from computer to laptop
Hi Can anyone advise me how to set up my laptop to receive the emails that I receive on my main computer. The laptop is linked up wireless to my main computer. I also have a phone and the emails download to the phone but not to the laptop. Many thanks Saxon Using POP3? Enable the option to leave a copy on the server in your account settings; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/160 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.in...

Task Create - Status

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Help with sending emails
I can not send emails, I keep getting the error message below. I have aol and am using the aol incomming and outgoing settings. Any help would be appreciated. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was '...

550 5.7.1 error when others send email to us
We have Exchange 2003 and have two domains set up and they have been working fine for years. We recently added a third domain but senders to this domain get a "remote host said: 550 5.7.1. Unable to relay" when they send email to it. The new domain has been added under recipient policy and the mx records are correct. All our IT professionals have been scratching their heads over this one....please help! Go into your recipient policy and edit the new address. Make sure that the box is checked that states "This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail deliver...

How to use PowerPoint template in my application
Hi all: I want to read some data from database then use PowerPoint template to create ppt file . How can I use this ? Thanks in advance ! Best regards . ...

Where is it storing email addresses I reply to, not in contacts
Help I do not have a global contacts option that comes up. All that is available is my outlook and the contacts. outlook is empty and contact list is as it should be. When I type in s, it gives me all these addresses for people that I replied to their mail. I don't know how to find a setting to keep it from adding the email addresses and I don't know how to find where its storing them in order to delete them. Thanks They are stored in your autocompletin cache, a file with an NK2 extension. Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry wh...

Move attachments from certain Exchange 2k email address to a network folder
Does anyone know if its possible to poll a particular email address and move or copy any TIF attachments to a network folder? We have SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Dan Williams Not to worry, i found an alternative method to do what we needed. dan_williams@newcross-nursing.com (Dan Williams) wrote in message news:<2eac5d02.0405200811.5252b7c2@posting.google.com>... > Does anyone know if its possible to poll a particular email address > and move or copy any TIF attachments to a network folder? > > We have SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000. ...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Delay receiving email
Hi, We use Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000. I have recently been expeirencing intermitent delays in receiving email from two seperate domains.The delays are usually 3 hours but sometimes even longer. In the header info the delay happens at the last hop before reaching our domain. I have checked the exchange logs as well as the logs on our gateway but they do not indicate any delay once we receive the email. I am not sure what else I should do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bryan ...

Creating an ad book

Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)
I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server email account. When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty. Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I cannot get the second machine to display old emails. If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in the first machines inbox. A...

emailing invoices #3
My customer has a requirement to email invoices. It would be great if a whole batch could be emailed at the same time in a pdf format. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defau...

Access unable to create an MDE