creating duplicate accounts

When I submit an account to GP from CRM to generate a
customer ID...I go back into CRM and refresh the screen.
After refreshing I see 2 accounts that are exactly the
same name and have the same customer ID.  Does anyone know
why duplicate records are being created and how to stop it?

Thanks in advance,
Jen
0
jen
8/25/2004 9:46:55 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

How are you refreshing the screen in CRM?  are you using F5?  It so, then this
will re-submit the form you previously submitted (and thus create a new
Account).

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:46:55 -0700, "jen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

When I submit an account to GP from CRM to generate a
customer ID...I go back into CRM and refresh the screen.
After refreshing I see 2 accounts that are exactly the
same name and have the same customer ID.  Does anyone know
why duplicate records are being created and how to stop it?

Thanks in advance,
Jen

0
Matt
8/26/2004 5:12:24 PM
I will either leave the screen and come back or click the
refresh button provided.

0
Jen

Creating data in one from from another
I have a DB that has two seperate data forms i want to be able to open one form from the other and insert some detaisl from the first form into it. eg. Form one has asset field there is a button to open second form i want it to link with the form record and input the asset number. -- Thanks for you help One way of doing this is by 'pushing' the value like this: DoCmd.OpenForm "Firstformname", acNormal Forms!Secondformname.Fieldname = Forms!firstformname.Form.fieldname Replace the firstformname with your mainform and the fieldname you want to push (e.g. assetnumber...

creating nested formulas from drop down box
Hi, I have cell A1 with a drop down box containing 26 available choices. B1 has the dollar amount matching to the choice in A1 using vlookup. E1 totals several cells including B1 together. I want F1 to look at A1 and either enter the number from E1 or NA. Here's billing example: A1=January , B1=$5 ,C1=$10, D1=$1, E1=$16 (total of b-d1) F1 is the column for January G1 is the column for February H1 is the column for March, etc If A1 = Jan, then F1 should be $16 If A1 = Feb, then F1 should be NA or $0 This is the formula that has been working so far: =IF((G2="...

"create chart" is not active
I want to create a chart but the chart functions are not active. What could be causing this? Hi, protected worksheet/workbook grouped sheets Shared workbook Cheers Andy Charles wrote: > I want to create a chart but the chart functions are not active. What could > be causing this? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Multiple Email addresses on a single exchange account
Hi all I've recently installed a server with windows 2003 and exchange 2003. The client machines are running Outlook 2003 as their mail client. My problem is that several users have two or three email addresses that I've configured in their user accounts (right click username in ad users and computers, properties, email accounts) but they only seem to be able to send from their default account using outlook. How can I change the "From" address in outlook to one of those set up on the user account Thanks Steve Sherlock The From field does not change the sending account. H...

Money's account update, will it ever work again?
Well, it's been quite a while since i have been able to update my Money file from my bank. Any of you MVP's got any information on the problem, like when we can expect to use the software we paid for the way it was advertised to work.I know it's still down according to Microsoft's Money status site. http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp In microsoft.public.money, Insane Bill wrote: >Well, it's been quite a while since i have been able to update my Money file >from my bank. We don't know what your bank is. >Any of you MVP's got any ...

Sending e-mail with attachment to all Contacts of an Account
Hi, My sales people want to send out e-mails to all the contacts of their accounts. the process they want to follow is : Open-up Account , click on contact and highlight all the contact and send an e-mail, they want to be able to attach a PDF or some other document to this e-mail as well. They DON'T want to individually select each activity later-on and attach document and click Send e-mail either. Any ideas as to how to accomplish this with as less number of clicks as possible ? Thanks for your help, Kishore Hi Kishore, Are you interested in custom solutions?. If so please...

Switchboard buttons not creating
I am using Access 2007. When I add a button it does not appear on the switchboard. I did delete one button, but it was not working either. How do I create a button that will appear and work properly? Thanks in advance for your advice. Did you edit the Switchboard in Design View or edit the Switchboard through Tools, Database Utilities, Switchboard Manager? Bonnie http://www.dataplus-svc.com JMD.Park wrote: >I am using Access 2007. When I add a button it does not appear on the >switchboard. I did delete one button, but it was not working either. How do I >create a ...

Is it possible to create a pre-download rule in Outlook ?
Hi there ! I would like to control spam and make a rule in Outlook to analyze the headers and only dnload the messages really addressed to my alias. Is this possible with vba or any other way ?? Thanks/Brgds Joao Outlook will only act upon mail AFTER it has been downloaded to your in-box. It has been suggested that you use the remote mail option to examine your headers and then selectively download your messages after deleting spam. I have not tried this as I am on a broadband connection and do not wish to go back to dialup. However, it is one possibility. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...

account setup script
Hi , I'd like to make a script that I can send to my friend to setup his email account. How please? ...

Additional file with no extension created during File Save As proc
Good morning all! I originally posted this query on the Developer board, as I thought it was a problem with my code, but now I'm not so sure. I have a workbook with a macro that runs a Save As within a loop, to create test data files. I was finding that for every new file I created, and additional file with a filename comprisiong eight alphanumeric characters and no file extenson was created in the same folder. Thinking that the workbook might be corrupted, I created a new workbook (with NO copying/pasting from the original - everything types in from scratch) , created new code m...

Forward emails to OUTSIDE account
I want all email sent to User A's mailbox to be forwarded to User's A's external email address. How to I do that? Is there a way to avoid even having a mailbox for User A, so that any email that's sent to UserA@MyCo.com is automatically forwarded to UserA@hotmail.com? Thanks! Create a contact for User A with an address that points to U...@hotmail.com. I guess I'm not getting it. -I created a ContactA with the address of ContactA@hotmail.com. -In the properties of UserA, under "Exchange General" tab, I selected "Forward to:" and chose "C...

Unhandled Exception error on few accounts
Hello, On just a few accounts, if I go to History or Activities, I get the following unhandled exception: [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496 System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +218 Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.ActivityPointerWebService.RollupByObject(Guid rollupById, String rollupByName, RollupType rollupType, QueryBase queryExpress...

how do I create a stacked bar chart on 2 axis>
I'd like to create a stacked bar chart showing two stacked bars (Forecast and Actual), however I can only get excel to produce 1 stacked bar. Is there a way of displaying two stacked bars side by side? Hi, See Jon Peltier's page on cluster stacked column chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy peterhall99 wrote: > I'd like to create a stacked bar chart showing two stacked bars (Forecast and > Actual), however I can only get excel to produce 1 stacked bar. Is there a > way of displaying two stacked bars side by side? -- Andy ...

creating a macro for a "Save As" box
How do I create a macro that will display the "Save As" dialog box? When I create it using the the Macro Wizard, it doesn't bring up the "Save As" window. It just saves at the previous location and name. My attempts to alter the VBA code have failed. hi, add this to the macro wizard code Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show regards FSt1 "MysticMarley" wrote: > How do I create a macro that will display the "Save As" dialog box? When I > create it using the the Macro Wizard, it doesn't bring up the "Save As" > w...

create a macro that finds certain words in doc then pste
i am looking to create a macro that finds certain words in a word doc then cuts and pastes them into an ecxell spreadsheet. What have you come up with so far? ted wrote: >i am looking to create a macro that finds certain words in a word doc then >cuts and pastes them into an ecxell spreadsheet. -- Gerry Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201003/1 ...

Auto Create a unique number from user data, for input into table.
Help would be appreciated, even if it cant be done I have a table[InspectorsMaster] using Fields, ([DR_Date], (Short Date). A number field (Long Integer [SeqNum])I do not currently use it, and a Field ([Employee], Text field, size set at 3). I would like to know if I could generate a Unique sequential Value (starting with 0000) and combine it with values from date, and text field that would automaticly be entered into the Non used Number field such as on click . This of course would occure at The Form level before close of the form. (Macro) or after dirty of the Date field. L...

Creating Recipient policy
I currently am on the domain www.white.com for e.g but now i want to be able to pick up mail for another domain www.brown.com. I have heard how you can create a group and recipient policy to filter but I don't know how to go about it. Can anyone help as I know this is really hard to do ? One way to go is to add a 'Organisation' - 'Recipients' - 'Recipient Policies' Where you add a 'Recipient Policy' - 'E-Mail Addresses (Policy)' for the other domain and mark the 'This Exchange Organisation is resp...' /Stefan Johansson "Graeme Hend...

Excel 2008 cannot open xlsx and xlsb files created by Excel 2007 for PC
Just today (17 January 2008), I installed Office 2008 on my Mac and discovered a major incompatibility: Excel files, moderate in size or larger (e.g., 2 Mb) created in Excel 2007 for PC and saved in xlsx and xlsb formats cannot be opened by Excel 2008 for Mac. <br><br>I just spent an hour on the phone with technical support at Microsoft. While talking to the support person there, I sent to him three such files, and he and his collegues were unable to open any of them in Excel 2008. <br><br>If you try to open such a file in Excel 2008, the latter seems to "hang&qu...

Small Business Accounting 2006 : Printing Invoice
I want to edit the basic invoice that prints directly from MS Small Business Accounting 2006? I basically want to add a disclaimer to the bottom of the form, so that it is always there everytime I print it. Thanks! ------ Rene ...

Money 2007 with Bank of America Account
I'm using MS Money 2007 with the Bank of America (California) account and when I am setting up my account the error occured that "Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." How can I solve this problem? I am having the same issue with Bank of America (All Except CA, WA & ID) Banking. Could it be that BoA is not yet ready for M2007! "Frank" wrote: > I'm using MS Money 2007 with the Bank of America (California) account and > when I am setting up my account the error occured that "Account setup is > temporarily unavail...

Exchange Admin Account for Backup Software
I need help either finding my Exchange Administrator user or designating a user with proper permissions to access my Exchange mailbox store via my backup software (Veritas Backup Exec 10). I've tried the Delegate Control function in Exchange System Manager to no avail. I'm only getting half of the value of my backup solution until I get this figured out. Any ideas? Daniel On Tue, 10 May 2005 09:45:44 -0700, "Daniel J. Spencer" <dspencer@rlmin.org> wrote: >I need help either finding my Exchange Administrator user or designating >a user with proper permiss...

Merging Account Records 12-19-03
I have a client who would like to merge account records together with all of the history into one record. Has anyone developed a utility to do this and ready for resale? Hi Deb, when you say merge, how are you thinking of storing/viewing this merged data? A report? On a printout? On a custom form? Showing all the history data summarized in a memo field? Mike "Deb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:000301c3c64a$1870a1a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a client who would like to merge account records > together with all of the history into ...

Downloading mails from 2 different pop3 internet mail accounts
I have configured 2 pop3 internet mail accts with different user name but with identical mail server. I made one acct as default acct. But I am receiving mails from non default acct also. I need a solution to receive mails from 1 acct at one time and also to defferent personal folders. "afn" <farhana@internationalconcepts.net> wrote in message news:288f01c3e0fc$857abde0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have configured 2 pop3 internet mail accts with > different user name but with identical mail server. I > made one acct as default acct. But I am receiving mails > ...

How do I disassociate an account from an OFX download?
I have been having difficulty importing an OFX from my bank into Money 2006. When I download the file from my bank's website Money indicates that it has received the file and had imported successfully, but when I look in Money the transactions are nowhere to be found? At this point I have added and deleted the account a couple of times and I think that it is associating the file with an account that I have deleted. How do I create a new association with the correct account? If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, mbartkoski@gmail.com wrote: >...