Creating attachments to emails

I would like to send Certificates of Attendance documents (PDF) to contacts
using email merge.
The data in each Certificate of Attendance is specific to the contact
record.  Can I attach the certificate to each individual record and then
send an email with this attachent using CRM email merge?

0
IFM (4)
12/30/2008 6:58:41 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_186A02C0

Hello Fran,

Thank you for your inquiry, I'm Don and I will be responding to your question.

Out of the box, the feature to mail merge and include attachments from the contact or
account is not available.  It is different if the certificate is in CRM as fields and you
can merge the fields into the e-mail,  Please log on to Customersource and make your
product suggestions.

"Kind regards,"
Don
Partner Newsgroup Support

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues
and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from
the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
"When responding to posts, please ""Reply to Group"" via your newsreader so that others
may learn and benefit from this issue. "
"This posting is provided ""AS IS"" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "

I would like to send Certificates of Attendance documents (PDF) to contacts
using email merge.
The data in each Certificate of Attendance is specific to the contact
record.  Can I attach the certificate to each individual record and then
send an email with this attachent using CRM email merge?

------=_NextPart_0001_186A02C0

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Fran,
\par
\par Thank you for your inquiry, I'm Don and I will be responding to your question.
\par
\par Out of the box, the feature to mail merge and include attachments from the contact or account is not available.  It is different if the certificate is in CRM as fields and you can merge the fields into the e-mail,  Please log on to Customersource and make your product suggestions.
\par
\par "Kind regards,"
\par Don
\par Partner Newsgroup Support
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
\par "When responding to posts, please ""Reply to Group"" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue. "
\par "This posting is provided ""AS IS"" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "
\par
\par \pard\li720
\par
\par I would like to send Certificates of Attendance documents (PDF) to contacts
\par using email merge.
\par The data in each Certificate of Attendance is specific to the contact
\par record.  Can I attach the certificate to each individual record and then
\par send an email with this attachent using CRM email merge?
\par
\par
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_186A02C0--

0
donchang (19)

Problem with OL 2002 XP and Large (67Mb) Email
Hi all, I have a problem with Outlook 2002 XP. I have received an email that is 67Mb big (inline, not attachment) and I have preview pane switched on. Everytime I start Outlook, it crashes trying to preview the email. I have renamed the .pst so that it doesn't load and I can get into Outlook. Is there anyway to turn the preview pane off without having...

Manually creating Invoices with C#?
Is there any sample code anywhere that shows how to build an invoice and add products to the invoice with C#? I can't seem to find a good 'starting point' with the SDK and I'm hoping it's not 100% XML field manipulation (i.e. updates). Thanks! ...

Autoplay music in email
How do I save the music that plays automatically when I read an email with music? ...

can not send email with an image
i wanted to send an email to multiple contacts with an image that can be seen at the body part of the email. so i created an email template but could not add the image file to the body of the email. since i could not attach the file, i opened the image file with internet explorer and i drag and dropped the image on the email template. it looked all right. the image can be seen on the template. but when i sent it. the recipient could see no image but the red x sign. any solution for sending this type of image based emails from crm? regards, orkun If you are mailing outside your organizatio...

punctuation in attachment file names
I've noticed that when people in my office exchange e-mail with attachments that have punctuation in the file name, the punctuation frequently gets removed from the file name - such as with an attachment named "Firstname, Lastname.doc" somewhere along the way, the comma gets deleted. This is a problem because people end-up with 2 versions of the file - one with comma and one without. Does anyone know how this happens or what the rules are for permissible punctuation marks? The comma is an illegal character in Windows files. The following cannot be used: ? [ ] / \ = + < ...

IE8 doesn't respond to clicks on links in Yahoo emails
On my new Acer Aspire One 532 netbook I have Win7 and IE8. Whilst IE8 usuallly loads and browses web pages OK, for some reason it refuses to respond to clicks on links embedded in Yahoo emails. I read elsewhere that this is due to the installation of IE8 not registering various dlls. Apparently some MVPs have written a script to do this. On my Qosmio laptop I have XP sp3 and have no problem with IE8 at all. Please can someone advise. Thank you. CJB. Is it a Win7 64-bit computer? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti...

Email
I have created a simple Access database that our HR department will use to input demographic information on a new employee, as well as what software, access, etc. a new employee will need. Again, it is VERY simple, but what I can't figure out is how to create a button that the HR staff can click on and the file, with all the information, is emailed to our IS department. Can this be done? You can setup a report to based on your current record and email it using SendObject or using Outlook automation. This does require a minimal amount of VBA programming in either case. If you sear...

deleted emails 03-10-10
how do i retrieve deleted emails from two specific email addresses? sort the deleted items folder on FROM address "blmc" wrote: > how do i retrieve deleted emails from two specific email addresses? ...

How do you create a complicated pivot table graph?
I am trying to create a little bit complicated pivot table graph with many trend lines and bars. So far I was able to create a basic graph but can not create anything complicated. Please assist. Regards, Natalia Hi Natalia - Pivot tables are very useful, but my experience is that in all but the most simple cases, pivot charts are limited and limiting. I make regular charts from pivot table data all the time. Excel has a tendency to assume that you're using a pivot table for the data, so you must want a pivot chart; as long as you avoid this tendency, you'll be fine. Start by...

Change setting for mailing attachments
Hello, I'm running GP 7.5 and Acrobat 5.0 Distiller. When I send to Mail Recipient as PDF, it works fine, and attaches a pdf to a new mail message, however, Acrobat ALWAYS opens. I've turned off all imaginable settings in acrobat and even changed the default pdf file association with acrobat 7 reader and still, whatever that file association is linked to, GP will run acrobat and show a preview. Any thoughts? ...

Duplicate Emails #20
Outlook 2003: Dup. emails in box as rules applied. Rule does not ask for copy in particular folder, yet Spam appears both in designated Spam folder as well as inbox. Thanks! JB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003: Dup. emails in box as rules applied. Rule > does not ask for copy in particular folder, yet Spam > appears both in designated Spam folder as well as inbox. A "move to folder" action in a rule places a _copy_ of the message in the designated folder. You have to add the "delete it" action as well to make it disappear fro...

email accidentally 'dropped' in wrong place -> where did it go?
I was dragging/dropping an email message from my Inbox to a folder called Bell, at the top of the list. Unfortunately I went a little too far up and dropped it on "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]". Now it has disappeared, and I can't figure out where it went. Any ideas? I'd really like to get it back. Outlook 2002 SP3. thx! Randy "Randy Nevin" <randynevin@comcast.net> wrote in message news:gkla8c$2tev$2@adenine.netfront.net... >I was dragging/dropping an email message from my Inbox to a folder called > Bell, at the top of the list. Unfortunately...

How to Email A Brochure
I just finished creating a 16 page brochure and need to email it to multiple people for approval. Is there a way to electronically send this brochure so that when the people open it, they will be able to view it as if they had a printed copy. I dont want them to be confused when they have a copy of it and are looking at page 1 and 16 on one page and 2 and 15 on the next page. I would rather they see page 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6, etc. Is this possible? Thanks My first question is whether all of your reviewers have Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher "Ru...

How Email Router fills field Regarding in email activity?
I have a problem with emails which arrives in support queue. If email has the same subject as a case title from the same contact, message automatically is associated with the case (field Regarding). Even if a case is resolved. I tried to update the case Title with case number, but new email is associated as well. Do you have the suggestion how to solve this? ...

hOW DO I CHANGE THE FONT IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF AN EMAIL
How do I change the font and the colour of the subject line in an email? I would like to make it bold or Red so that it catches teh attention of the recepient immediately. Thanks You can't. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "VIN" <VIN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C63275F2-DDF5-4785-941C-A00B741A4B7B@microsoft.com... > How do I change the font and the colour of the subject line in an email? > I would like to make it bold or Red so that it catches teh at...

Contacts Created in OWA
>-----Responce Message----- It is checked and Outlook Address Book is installed. When you click on the "To" you see the contacts that he created in the Local client, but the ones that he created in the Outlook Web Client are not listed. I can replicate this issue on my computer as well. The contacts that are created in the Outlook Web Client for Exchange do not link themselves the your Local Outlook Address Book. Is there any way to relink them to the Outlook Address Book? >-----Reply Back----- Right click on contacts and go to properties. Then click on the "O...

2003
My email messages are blank when I receive them and I am not sure why. Any ideas how to correct this issue? And yes, I checked the font on the system and it is set at black Thanks, Mary ...

attach file in Business Portal Project's Expense
I would like to suggest to include feature for attached file into the Project's Employee Expense. Where employee submitting expense claim, the superior would like to view the scanned copy of the resit, this is common in order to verify the trueness of the claim. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then ...

Create a Form in Excel
Thanks in advance for the assist. I am unable to use the Data/Form menu due to the number of fields exceeding 32. Although I have > 32 fields, not all are inputs. I'd like to create a form that allows me to input to 28 of these fields, but have the ability to view the entire sheet of 37 fields - the balance of the fields are all computations. How do I create a form or alter my sheet such that I am able to use a form to input the 28 fields yet see all 37 fields as a result of my input. dab1477 You could try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. It's free, and has un...

How to send 2 page Publisher 2003 Newsletter in Email?
I created a 2 page newsletter with links from Page 1 to Page 2. However, when I send in email only Page 1 appears and clicking on the link to Page 2 does nothing. How do I send both pages and have the links from one to the other work? Thanks! I may be wrong but I think the only way to get two pages of text in an email is to make it a single page, twice as long. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "tdehan" <tdehan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:096F2DC5-DB9D-4490-B126-6495718ADF9C@microsoft.com... >I created a 2 page newsletter with links ...

Send page as email message feature & email attachments
Hi, Publisher 2003, using "send this page as message" in a web publication. I need to attach a zipped folder to the email, but when I go to Attach File and browse for it, it doesn't appear in My Documents. I can see it in My Documents from Explore and I can see it and attach it to an email created & sent from Outlook 2003. Any ideas why the folder is not appearing for me to select when sending from Publisher and how I can attach it to the email? Thank you!!! I can't replicate this. Can you attach files directly from Outlook? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://offic...

Server 2003 Domain Admins can read anyone's email?
How do I change this? If one of our domain admins signs on a machine and creates an outlook profile for another user he can read their email. I thought I had checked this a long time ago and it did not work. But last month a consultant helped us install some backup software and he made everyone an exchange admin and who knows what else. I removed exchange admins from all the domain admins but still they can read others mail. How do I fix this? Thanks, -Bob Remove Send As, Recieve As and Full mailbox access for Domain Admins from either: The Exchange Org level, The Exchange Serve...

Publisher didn't create an image for my form, not on my website
Help! I see my form and uploaded the new data to godaddy but my old form (which never worked) is still there. It is searching for "img17.gif but it is not there. I looked in my computer, there is no image, how do I save one for upload? bmardigras@yahoo.com Assuming that you are using Publisher 2003 or 2007 and haven't changed the default settings, when you "Publish to the Web" and produce your web files, Publisher generates an index.htm file (your home page) and an "index_files" folder that contains all the supporting graphics and images for your site al...

A general rule for using methods that create objects
Objects created by invoking methods do not seem to behave like normal objects in VBA. Consider that in other programming languages, once you set an equality, you can use either side of the expression interchangeably. For instance: A = B C = sqrt(A) will give you the same thing as A = B C = sqrt(B) But consider two examples where this interchangeability is not true in VBA. You can say: Set Ws = DBEngine.CreateWorkspace( Arguments ) (ie, A = B) and then you can say: Workspaces.Append Ws (similar to C = sqrt(A)) but you cannot do: Workspaces.Append DBEngine.Cr...

importing adresses from email body and header
I need to build up a mailing list using the email addresses contained in a couple of folders in my Outlook. Is there a utility that can batch processes the mails? thank you! David Lots of them: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts_entry.asp -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "caravaggio" <sconosciuto@boh.com> wrote in message news:8JUBi.16908$fb.7507@tornado.fastwebnet.it... >I need to build up a mailing list using the email addresses contained in a >couple of folders in my Outlook. Is there a utility that can batch >processes the mails? > thank you! > D...