Creating a new object

Hello all!

Our company is new using CRM customizations. We want to create a custom
object (like Account, Product, Opportunity, Lead, etc...).  However, we
can find no documentation on how to do so.  Is it possible to do this, and
if so, how would we go about doing it?

Also, CRM is being weird as far as the isv.config is concerned.  It
doesn't seem to be accessing it when it is turned to "On" from the
web.config.  It was working yesterday before we left, but now it's not
working.  Any suggestions?  Maybe is there somewhere that a path is
defined for the isv?  Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

0
Ovaty2003
12/20/2004 10:25:03 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Two answers

CRM 1.2 does not allow you to create custom objects within the same database
as CRM. It would be possible to create additional items in a separate
database and then link them back to the crm database. There are companies
out there who have done that. Check the archives of this group at
groups.google.com.

Your ISV.config changes are probably not showing up because you have another
isv.config on your sytem. do a search for isv.config and only keep the one
in the _Resources directory underneath the CRM web directory. Rename the
others to ISV.Config.old

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Ovaty2003" <ovaty2003@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello all!
>
> Our company is new using CRM customizations. We want to create a custom
> object (like Account, Product, Opportunity, Lead, etc...).  However, we
> can find no documentation on how to do so.  Is it possible to do this, and
> if so, how would we go about doing it?
>
> Also, CRM is being weird as far as the isv.config is concerned.  It
> doesn't seem to be accessing it when it is turned to "On" from the
> web.config.  It was working yesterday before we left, but now it's not
> working.  Any suggestions?  Maybe is there somewhere that a path is
> defined for the isv?  Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

0
John
12/21/2004 4:20:21 AM
Thanks for the first part, but i still can't find a solution to the second
half of the problem.  The isv.config in my wwwroot\_Resources is the only
one on the server.  I get the following error whenever I set the flag to
"On":

Error Description:
An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web
request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the
error and where it originated in the code.

Error Details:
Not Applicable

Error Number:
Not Applicable

Source File:

Line Number:

Date: 12-21-2004

Time: 10:34:49 AM

Type: Application Error (1)

Server: *****

Query String:
/stage.aspxpage=Home&area=nav_home

to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the

Stack Trace:

object.]

Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppCustomization.CustomizeGotoArea(Page
currentPage, Menu menu, String areaNode) +115
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Menus.AppGlobalMenuBar.BuildGotoMenu() +1160
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Menus.AppGlobalMenuBar.Execute() +239
   Microsoft.Crm.Web.Stage.ConfigureMenus() +104
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +142

-------------------------------------

I would assume that the Null exception is being thrown due to the isv not
being able to be accessed for some reason, but I'm not sure how to go
about finding where it's looking for the file.

0
Ovaty2003
12/21/2004 3:40:01 PM
Do you have a backup of the ISV.Config file?  Odds are that there was a change
made to it that broke the "well-formed" XML in the file.  When this happens, the
app throws all kinds of weird errors.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

Date: 12-21-2004

Time: 10:34:49 AM

[...]

Matt

create a roster

Task Create - Status

New Store in other country
hi all, we have opened a new store in other foreign country, the problem is this new store will receive stock and sell with his local currancy ( currancy rate 1.2 ). How can we manage this store ( calculate the cost ,reports... etc) in HQ. any help please thanks Get ready for a lot of manual work. The way I handle it is each stoer is in local currency. When I transfer something from location to location, I manually change the costs on the transfer in at the receiving store. "Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B929754D-D285-42BA-B2D1-03D6D0262902...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

how do I copy a range to a new sheet
Now that I this group solved my problem of flagging dates of my club members as "expired", how would I automatically copy all of the members that are expired to a new worksheet so I can use this for a mail merge? I would need to check the condition of the expired column, YES or NO, then copy the yes's name and address columns only to a new page. TIA Why not just add that column and when you use mailmerge, just include the records with that flag set the way you need? If you really want to copy the rows, you could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter and filter to show just those mem...

when form created

Outlook notification of new mail.
To clarify, the notification works for new messages to Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is something that has been deliberately changed from Outlook XP. Cheers Paul <paul.francis@agresearch.co.nz> wrote: > To clarify, the notification works for new messages to > Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is > automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A > quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is > somethin...

How do you edit HTML source in a new outlook email message?
Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a place to edit source for a new message. This is probably a really easy thing to do, I just can't find out where the "edit source" option is, and the help files don't seem to be any help. Thanks, Justin The feature doesn't exist in Microsoft Outlook. "justinvanderpol" <justinvanderpol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ADC71DF-40BC-4656-98A8-A473EB40E837@microsoft.com... > Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a > place ...

Creating a Brochure

New POP3 E-Mail Account Deliver Folder
I have both an Exchange Account and a (personal) POP3 account that I check using Outlook 2003. Currently, both accounts drop new e-mail into my Exchange Inbox - and I have a rule that moves the POP3 e-mail to a personal folder inbox. Problem is, rules don't run when I'm not connected to the Exchange server. Is it possible to have the POP3 account post new e-mails to the personal folder, while keeping the Exchange account posting new e-mails to the exchange inbox? Thanks; Michael Have you tried to set up a personal folder specifically for the pop account and set the exchange acc...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Open new thread
Hi How to open a new thread in console application ? Thanks Hai Ly Hoang wrote: > Hi > How to open a new thread in console application ? > Thanks As usual : CreateThread or _beginthreadex, depending on wethter you need the CRT initialization or not (most always you need it, so use _beginthreadex). Arnaud MVP - VC ...

Hot to shift Outlook 2003 to new machine
I've built a new box and want to start replicating my setop from my old machine. As I use Outlook 2003 heavily, how do I transfer everything messages, tasks, rules etc from the old to the new machine??? Your advice would be appreciated Scooter The Help Files have you covered. Only one error in them: do NOT copy you previous PST file to the default directory. Copy them anywhere else you want, but not there because you'll overwrite the PST file Outlook creates for itself: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx More information here: http://www.slips...

Creating an ad book

8000 Watt Generator - NEW
Still in box. Bought from Home Depot last year and never got around to hooking it up. Paid $1,300 for it. Will sell for $1,000 negotiable. Made by Devilbiss - 14 HP Briggs & Straton engine. Never even taken out of the box!!! Email pmassey at nc dot rr dot com for more details. ...

Exchange 2k3 backup
Finally decided to really learn Exchange... someone else migrated the Exchange server from SBS to Exchange Enterprise 2k3... I've never really rolled up my sleeves in learning it in-depth so I've decided to set up a new server and install the Exchange 2k3 as a backup. Since I'm a relatively newbie to Exchange, can someone point me in the right direction to follow so that I can duplicate our live Exchange server onto a backup box? Any pitfalls to watch out for? Thanks, R Green your only options for a "backup" box are to use some version of clustering, or to use a 3r...

Access unable to create an MDE