Create Order doesn't copy values for custom attributes

Using CRM 3.0

We have added a bunch of custom attributes to our Quote, Quote Details,
Order and Order Details entities, but when I create an order from a quote
(by using the Create Order toolbar button on the Quote form) the values for
these custom attributes are not copied to the newly created order. When I go
and look at the created order, all the custom attributes are empty. I can
see them on the quote though. All standard attributes are copied as
expected.

I have verified that the schema names are the same in both Quote and Order
(not sure if that makes a difference though).
Is there something else I need to do to get this to work correctly?

    /claes

0
Claes
7/31/2006 5:06:15 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You need to modify the mapping between the 2 entities.  Just because the
field names are ethe same, does not mean they will get mapped.  the mapping
are controled from the relationship between the 2 entities.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Claes Bergefall" <louplou@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
Using CRM 3.0

We have added a bunch of custom attributes to our Quote, Quote Details,
Order and Order Details entities, but when I create an order from a quote
(by using the Create Order toolbar button on the Quote form) the values for
these custom attributes are not copied to the newly created order. When I go
and look at the created order, all the custom attributes are empty. I can
see them on the quote though. All standard attributes are copied as
expected.

I have verified that the schema names are the same in both Quote and Order
(not sure if that makes a difference though).
Is there something else I need to do to get this to work correctly?

    /claes

0
Matt
7/31/2006 8:35:32 PM
Perfect. Once I added the mappings everything seems to be working.
Thank you very much

  /claes

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> You need to modify the mapping between the 2 entities.  Just because the
> field names are ethe same, does not mean they will get mapped.  the
> mapping
> are controled from the relationship between the 2 entities.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Claes Bergefall" <louplou@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Using CRM 3.0
>
> We have added a bunch of custom attributes to our Quote, Quote Details,
> Order and Order Details entities, but when I create an order from a quote
> (by using the Create Order toolbar button on the Quote form) the values
> for
> these custom attributes are not copied to the newly created order. When I
> go
> and look at the created order, all the custom attributes are empty. I can
> see them on the quote though. All standard attributes are copied as
> expected.
>
> I have verified that the schema names are the same in both Quote and Order
> (not sure if that makes a difference though).
> Is there something else I need to do to get this to work correctly?
>

>    /claes

0
Claes
8/1/2006 2:09:24 PM
Hmm, I still have a problem. The mapping worked fine from Quote to Order,
but I can't find any way to map from Quote Product to Order Product. The
only mappable relationship on Order Product is from Order

   /claes

> Perfect. Once I added the mappings everything seems to be working.
> Thank you very much
>
>  /claes
>
> "Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
>> You need to modify the mapping between the 2 entities.  Just because the
>> field names are ethe same, does not mean they will get mapped.  the
>> mapping
>> are controled from the relationship between the 2 entities.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Matt Parks
>> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>>

>> "Claes Bergefall" <louplou@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> Using CRM 3.0
>>
>> We have added a bunch of custom attributes to our Quote, Quote Details,
>> Order and Order Details entities, but when I create an order from a quote
>> (by using the Create Order toolbar button on the Quote form) the values
>> for
>> these custom attributes are not copied to the newly created order. When I
>> go
>> and look at the created order, all the custom attributes are empty. I can
>> see them on the quote though. All standard attributes are copied as
>> expected.
>>
>> I have verified that the schema names are the same in both Quote and
>> Order
>> (not sure if that makes a difference though).
>> Is there something else I need to do to get this to work correctly?
>>

>>    /claes

0
Claes
8/1/2006 2:41:34 PM
Check out the following blog entry:
http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2006/04/18/Managing_Relationships_Quotes_to_Orders_to_Invoices_in_Microsoft_CRM_3.aspx

--

Hmm, I still have a problem. The mapping worked fine from Quote to Order,
but I can't find any way to map from Quote Product to Order Product. The
only mappable relationship on Order Product is from Order

   /claes

"Claes Bergefall" <louplou@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Perfect. Once I added the mappings everything seems to be working.
> Thank you very much
>
>  /claes
>
> "Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
>> You need to modify the mapping between the 2 entities.  Just because the
>> field names are ethe same, does not mean they will get mapped.  the
>> mapping
>> are controled from the relationship between the 2 entities.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Matt Parks
>> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>>

>> "Claes Bergefall" <louplou@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> Using CRM 3.0
>>
>> We have added a bunch of custom attributes to our Quote, Quote Details,
>> Order and Order Details entities, but when I create an order from a quote
>> (by using the Create Order toolbar button on the Quote form) the values
>> for
>> these custom attributes are not copied to the newly created order. When I
>> go
>> and look at the created order, all the custom attributes are empty. I can
>> see them on the quote though. All standard attributes are copied as
>> expected.
>>
>> I have verified that the schema names are the same in both Quote and
>> Order
>> (not sure if that makes a difference though).
>> Is there something else I need to do to get this to work correctly?
>>

>>    /claes

0
Matt

OLE notes for sales order attaches to more than one order
I am attaching an OLE note to a sales order. After I do this, the note appears on about 10 different sales orders at the same time. If you delete the note from any of the orders, it deletes it from all of the orders. Order numbers are not sequential, not the same customers, not the same sales batch, etc. I can't see any common factor in this particular group of orders. We have been running GP 7.5 for about three years, and never had a problem with notes until recently. The note index value is the same in SOP10100. There is a knowledgebase article on how to update the notes mas...

create a roster

Encode URL parameter value?
Hi, I need to pass parameter to a URL (on the internet). Are there any function to encode parameter like Server.URLEncode() in ASP? Thank you, Kelvin Are you talking about InternetCanonicalizeUrl()? "Kelvin" <Kelvin_gl@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message news:ehdMDOFVEHA.2844@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need to pass parameter to a URL (on the internet). Are there any function > to encode parameter like Server.URLEncode() in ASP? > > Thank you, > Kelvin > > Oh yes, it is exactly what I had spent a lot to time looking for... Thank you a lot....

how to define scroll bar's page size value?
Hi all, I have a confusion about calculating scroll bar's page size. In my application, I am drawing an image according to scroll bar position. m_iGeneratedImgWidth - Width size of the image (this value is always bigger) rect.right - Width of the drawing area. how to define scroll bar's page size value? SCROLLINFO info; info.cbSize = sizeof(SCROLLINFO); info.fMask = SIF_RANGE|SIF_PAGE|SIF_POS; info.nPos = 0; info.nMin = 0; info.nMax = m_iGeneratedImgWidth - rect.right; info.nPage = ? In my OnHScrollBar() function, for SB_PAGELEFT / SB_PAG...

xml schema, order unimportant

Reference to cell with text is returning #VALUE
I have a cell that references a different cell that that consists of H9:J9 that is formated for and contains text. The referenceing cell shows #VALUE instead of the actual text that is in the cell? Any ideas as to why this is happening? Any help would be appreciated. What does your formula look like? A simple link formula can only reference a single cell. Like this: =H9 You can't reference a range of cells like this: =H9:J9 That is why you're getting the error. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Jorist" <Jorist@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Is it possible to customize money?
Hi, I'm using Money 2005 and I was wondering if it's possible to develop functionalities for it. Let me explain better: I'm from Brazil, and the default stock quote finder isn't able to get local quotes. So, I was wondering if it's possible to customize it, or build a brand new one (I'm a programer). TIA, Bob See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10. <rcrios@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8d4a06fd.0505091627.33a35a7a@posting.google.com... > I'm using Money 2005 and I was wondering if it's possible to develop > functionalities for it. > >...

Task Create - Status

Customizing CRM look and feel
Is there a way to 'brand' or otherwise give the CRM application the look and feel of our enterprise web site? I see multiple posts about using the CRM sytleguide to give CRM look and feel to custom pages, but I don't see anything about customizing CRM to take on a custom look and feel. It doesn't have to be wholesale changes to the UI, I'm just looking to at least slip in a logo and possibly a footer with a disclaimer/trademark kind of thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. SpencerW I would venture to say in the ISV.config file. You can buttons to the men...

#Value
I need to add 2 cells (E24+E44), how can I achieve this without getting #Value when zero value? Hi Margo, Check your data. The only way you should be getting #Value is if a number is actually being interpreted as text instead of a value. The data in either E24 or E44 has to be text instead of a value. >-----Original Message----- >I need to add 2 cells (E24+E44), how can I achieve this >without getting #Value when zero value? >. > ...

Retrieving current custom sort settings
Is there a way to retrieve the current custom sort settings stored with a worksheet? ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Changing the default sort order of Inbox
I would like to change the startup sorting order of my inbox in Outlook. For example, I would like to have the most recent emails on the top of my list (Received column) when the progam first starts. Just pressing the column header to change the order, moving the selection to the top of the list, then closing Outlook does not achieve this. It does not remember my last sort and the sort order reverts to new emails on the BOTTOM of the list. I would like the reverse of this. Any ideas? "alanporter" <alanporter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

how do I copy a range to a new sheet
Now that I this group solved my problem of flagging dates of my club members as "expired", how would I automatically copy all of the members that are expired to a new worksheet so I can use this for a mail merge? I would need to check the condition of the expired column, YES or NO, then copy the yes's name and address columns only to a new page. TIA Why not just add that column and when you use mailmerge, just include the records with that flag set the way you need? If you really want to copy the rows, you could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter and filter to show just those mem...

when form created

Question--Payment and Deposit order in advance register
Hi Everyone: I just purchased MS Money 2006 and have a question on the manner transactions are posted in the advanced register. I noticed that when both payment and deposit transaction are entered on a single date, the transactions are sorted so that payments are listed first and deposits are listed last. This means that all of the previous payment transactions for that date are drawn from the account without the benefit of the deposit. So payments made against the deposit make the account appear to have insufficient funds for those transactions. Is there a setting to disable the auto...

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut