Create New Report - As per QUOTE standard report

Hi there,

To set the scene, i'm using web client of 4.0, and i'm not a programmer.

Currently, out-of-the-box functionality allows you to run a report called
"Quote" which presents the data in a good format, almost good enough to hand
to a customer.

What I need is this report, but with our logo's embedded, and a few fields
added/moved/removed, but i can't figure out how to edit layout options or
content options, and I can't even seem to create a similar report from
scratch (as they all appear to relate to exisitng XML reports out of the box).

I'll be upset if I need to get a programmer to write my reports for me,
hoping I can easily make a quote i can hand to a customer.

Thanks in advance

Matt
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

i may have found out how best to do this, using mail merge (which is a little
strange, but i think i see why)

does anyone have any mail merge (Word XML) templates that I can see to
understand this better?  I will create a Word XML template, but unsure how I
can tell it to put certain fields ini certain locations?

"Matthew McMaster" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> To set the scene, i'm using web client of 4.0, and i'm not a programmer.
>
> Currently, out-of-the-box functionality allows you to run a report called
> "Quote" which presents the data in a good format, almost good enough to hand
> to a customer.
>
> What I need is this report, but with our logo's embedded, and a few fields
> added/moved/removed, but i can't figure out how to edit layout options or
> content options, and I can't even seem to create a similar report from
> scratch (as they all appear to relate to exisitng XML reports out of the box).
>
> I'll be upset if I need to get a programmer to write my reports for me,
> hoping I can easily make a quote i can hand to a customer.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Matt

Creating Address Labels in Excel
I have maintained my greeting card mailing list for years in a non-Microsoft program. After I changed my OS to Windows XP, the mailing program wouldn't work. I recently managed to pull the name and address data into Excel, but can't figure out how to create mailing labels from the data. Is there a way to create mailing labels in Excel without having to merge the data with Word or another program? Thanks very much for pointing me in a direction. Hi Mandy, If you have Microsoft Office then you would use Microsoft Word to do the printing with Excel as the database. http://...

Vertical line width on report
I have got vertical lines in my reports where I want them using me.line method. Print Preview looks good, exactly as I wanted, but when I actually print, the lines are extremely faint, barely noticeable even. Is there any way to increase the width or make the lines thicker? Check the BorderWidth property. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Robbro" <Robbro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DCF709C-6FDB-4522-AF41-42A513383521@microsoft.com... >I have got vertical lines in my reports...

Outlook freezes when writing a new message
Hi, I have outlook 2002 v.10.49..... When writing a new mail message it tends to freeze after a few words It freezes for about 10-20 secs, before I can continue. anyone kno what it is? could it be the word correction tool? and if so is there way for it to preload so it wont have to execute every time I have t write a message. Another question that is half outlook related. At work where we have these outlook clients, they tend to report faul in connecting to the incomming pop3 mailserver. I have set the timeou to 3 minutes but frequently it returns with the same fault. Is 20 outlooks chec...

Purchase Analysis Reports
Hi, I am using GP 7.5. All the Purchase Analysis Reports are displayed only in functional currency. Is there any way of displaying this in the originating/ Multii currency? Thanks Carl I don't have any special knowledge but I would bet that future versions will actually move away from Crystal Reports and toward SQL Reporting Services and whatever the Active Views product they purchased eventually looks like when in SQL Server. Active Views is supposed to be geared toward power users while SQL Reporting Services leans more toward developers. It also looks like more and more repo...

"Always Hide this Dialog"
I am getting bothered by a large dialog message box that comes up everytime I send or receive email from Outlook. It says that "requested tasks were completed successfully" and it blocks my work and stays on the screen for about 10 seconds. It has a checkbox that says "Always Hide this Dialog" but it makes no difference if I check this or not. ...

Pixels are the new pies
I just saw this on a blog and i wonder if anybody knows how to make these kind of charts in Excel. They are square charts that represent the percentage of something by how much of the square is represented by a color. How can I do this in Excel 2007? thanks http://www.dashes.com/anil/2007/07/pixels-are-the-new-pies.html Just do it in the spreadsheet with cell borders and shading. Ten by ten seems to be optimal. On Aug 1, 12:56 pm, SwampYankee <1...@2.com> wrote: > I just saw this on a blog and i wonder if anybody knows how to make > these kind of charts in Excel. They ar...

Crystal Report Dynamics GP login issue
Good Morning, I have a user that can login into Dynamics but can't log into cyrstal reports. We have updated to Version 9 GP but we are still on Crystal 10. To access the crystal report, I reset the user's password with in SQL while they have GP open and then they can access the report. But when they close everything and then reopen GP, GP will have the user change their password and then they can enter GP. Then the user can't access the crystal report again. I have changed the user password within GP, and the changed it from SQL (with no effect). I finally recreated the ...

"FileDialogOpen"
xl03 I'm using "Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogOpen)" to present a list of files to the user so he/she can select a wb to load. My question is, can I somehow force the dialog to open with a specific directory? -- Regards Rob (Most of this was stolen from the help for .filedialog) Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim lngCount As Long Dim curFolder As String Dim newFolder As String curFolder = CurDir newFolder = "C:\test" ChDrive newFolder ChDir newFolder ' Open the file dialog With Application.FileDialog(msoFileD...

Exch 5.5
Hi All, Anyone know of a utility to report on size of all mailboxes on a 5.5 Server?? thanks http://www.promodag.com http://www.netiq.com You could also generate a csv with the exchange admin tool. Just select the mailbox resources object under the private informtion store, and select "save window contents" from the file menu. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "e" <e@h.c> wrote in message news:MPG.1b86e40d329b2153989680@msnews.microsoft.com... > > Hi All, Anyone know of a utility to report on size of al...

Conversion from Access 97 to 2003 & get a "Conversion Errors" tabl
In Access2003, I'm selecting "Tools/Database Utilities/Convert Database/to Access 2002 - 2003 File Format". I select a Access 97 file and hit the convert button. After creating the new file name and hitting the save button I get a message that Access encountered errors and I should check the "Conversion Errors" table. The Converted tables have the correct number of records, Forms and Report look good and the Queries seen to run correctly. When I open the "Conversion Errors" table I see 2 records with 3 fields. Their fields are "Object Type&q...

"Attachment Reminder" in Windows Live Mail / Hotmail
Hello, Is there a way of enabling an "attachment reminder" in Windows Live Mail? For example, if my message contains the string "attach", prompt a confirmation at the point of sending the message if no attachment is included on the message. Mozilla Thunderbird has this capability by default and Gmail has an option as well. I am currently considering a transition to the Windows Live system with Windows Live Mail and the Hotmail web interface, but this is a strong deciding factor. As an example of how useful this feature can be, just today I went through ...

existing accounts not showing up on net worth reports
I have existing accounts set up, Cd's, that i have transfered to new accounts, cd's at another institution. the report for net worth over time fails to show the original cd's after the transfer. How should I have done this diferently? -- DR In microsoft.public.money, DR wrote: >I have existing accounts set up, Cd's, that i have transfered to new >accounts, cd's at another institution. the report for net worth over time >fails to show the original cd's after the transfer. How should I have done >this diferently? Forgetting for the moment how you...

Creating PDF No Longer Works in Any Office Product
I'm not sure when things stopped working. I have MSO 2003 and Windows 2007. When I hit the PDF button in Excel, it starts going through the PDF motions but then Excel locks up and stops responding. In Word, the screen blinks a few times and then just goes back to Word without making the PDF. This is getting frustrating, any ideas? Try this first if you use Excel 2007 Run Office Diagnostics. Office Button>Excel Options...Resources -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Multiple domains
I am currently managing an Exchange 5.5 box that is servicing mail for two domain names...lets say @company1.com and @company2.com. Is there a way to set up the Exchange box to allow the message specific changing of the "reply to" address? In other words, my internal client receives a message that was sent to user@company1.com and when he replies it shows that it came from user@company1.com. The next message he receives was pointed to user@company2.com and when he replies it will show that it came from user@company2.com instead of user@company1.com. Not supported in Ex5.5. Wit...

reporting totals on top in sql server report services 2005
I am new to sql server report service 2005. I need to be able to put totals at the top of categories instead of at the bottom of categories. i have tried lots of options but nothing has worked so far. I need to be able to have a report look like the following: total group1 100 type1 ...

Creating more than 1 line in a cell
Is there any way to create more than one line in a cell? You cannot use the RETURN or TAB keys since they take you to another cell. I tried using three cells and then merging into one, but then it only keeps the information form the uppermost cell and then deletes the data in the other two cells. Text-wrapping doesn't work because if the word(s) on the top line is long enough, then I have to add several spaces before it will be forced to go down to a second line. I've tried Excel Help, but it goes to autoformat and none of the formats are the ones that I want. Thank...

Report #2
hi 1) i need a report that will break down my credit card total into MC / Visa /amex /discover right now in the z report or in sales report i will only see the total of all cc charges for bookkeeping reason i need to break it down 2) in detail sales reports the item are grouped into departments so i can see total item sold in each dept. i would like to be able to see under dept how much item i have sold in each catagory by now i do it manually i count how much of each catagory but i would like to have a report that will group the catagory as well thanks Moshe, 1. You will have...

"Pack Package could not be opened"
I'm trying to reloald Pub 2002 on my PC after allowing our MIS department here work to rid my unit of the My Doom virus. They can't figure out what to do... When loading Pub from the original cds I get an error message "This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it..." I didn't have this problem when I frist loaded the software (pre-MyDoom) and now I do. What gives? This is a complicated error, you are only the second poster with this problem that I have run across. This is the solution we came up with; ...

New e-mail in Public folder
How can i configure my public folder to show new email notification like in the inbox ,ie INBOX(3) "shabha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:0cd301c4a17f $22920550$a301280a@phx.gbl: > How can i configure my public folder to show new email > notification like in the inbox ,ie INBOX(3) Adding it to favorites should do the trick. Or you can use a mailbox instead of a public folder. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com Thanks Arlo Moving it to favorites has done the trick, pl...

Reporting dynamic columns ?
Hi a good question We need to have a line for each sales order and all products should be listed in columns, the problem is there can be different number of products. How can this be done, we need the data in excel. Maybe with a report ? I have no clue :) Any ideas are welcome /Jack On Feb 13, 8:24=A0am, "CRM consultant" <nom...@der.dk> wrote: > Hi > > a good question > > We need to have a line for each sales order and all products should be > listed in columns, the problem is there can be different number of produc= ts. > > How can this be done...

Reports 02-03-05
Hi, How to know the reports name and where I can find it. Thamks in Advance you dont need to know the actual name used as you open them using crystal report designer -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Carllos" <Carllos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09730732-8416-4A96-854C-84D95922C1CC@microsoft.com... > > Hi, > > How to know the reports name and where I can find it. > > Thamks in Advance > ...

Report Timed out and communication error
Hi All, Has anybody encounter timed out or coummunication error when printing Case report? We hav a problem when previewing some cases report. i suspect it might due to the data volume. i notice that the page server sometime cause the memory over shoot. i oso add maxDBResultRecords 0 in the start up command for Page Server. but problem still occurs. any advice? Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict ...

How to automatically move to a new cell...
....After data is entered. Hi, This seems one of the most helpful and friendly groups available. If anyone can help, I'll be grateful. Current method: We have a device that measures color density of printed patterns. It automatically exports its data (with a return) to an Excel cell and moves to the cell below it. The sheet is set up so that data is entered in five cells in a column and the 6th cell averages the five entries. The user must then manually arrow up to the top of the next column. Arrowing right and up four may not sound like a big deal but the user may sample a hundred spots...

"information service" error when trying to open .pst file...
hi all - i can't import a .pst file that created last night back into my pc. when i try, i get the following error: properties for this information service must be defined prior to use and then it tells me my file isn't a .pst file. what's weird is i created another .pst and i can import that one with no issues. any ideas? it figures that it's my fiance's .pst file that i can't import. if you want to save my pending marriage you'll help me out! thanks! Was the pst on a cd and if so, did you remove the read only flag? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlo...

Printing a Report 12-17-07
I have a box database setup and I have to create a report based off of that database to attach to the outside of the box that indexes everything that is inside. I am using a subdata form to control the data and everytime that I print out the report, I get a report for each file that is included. Is there a way that I can limit the printout to just one report and not a report for each individual file listed in the subdata sheet? Thx. - Matt Matt We aren't there, we can't see what you're working on. What's a "box database? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Acc...